Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1170946 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ALADE4J2: 4:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
Omodadi2:
And I was denied again this morningat Lagos:
VO: good morning
I responded with a smile
VO: Why are you going to the US
I am going to have my baby
VO: Do you have a child born in the US
Yes
How much was your medical bill
How much would this one cost you
VO:How much do you earn
Told her
VO: Where do you work
Told her
VO: Sorry you are not qualified for the visa.

So sorry! I don’t know how to advise you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
Omodadi2:
I responded with a smile
Yes
Told her
Told her

Na wa o! What to do? sad

Your expiring visa was medical...abi?....you didn't overstay...and you paid all bills.....i wonder what the issue is.

I may be clutching at straws here but....... was looking at your transcript from 2016 and when VO asked how much it would cost you said $15k....maybe this was your total budget for medical plus accommodation plus travel etc....... but perhaps VO noted that as medical cost only.....and maybe all the VOs are comparing the $7.5k paid to this $15k that was noted. I don't know if that makes any sense....just trying to understand what could be wrong.

Will you try again? Or try Canada....the online application.....not paper through VFS...you only submit your passport when visa is approved.....mine was out in 3 weeks but it was just a tourist visa.....not medical.

Pele.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nalinisingh(f): 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
Omodadi2:
I responded with a smile
VO: Do you have a child born in the

Hello so sorry to hear this.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bubelahot: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2018
Had my baby in Houston Methodist sugar land in 2016. Used Dr Z but used the peaditrician" gentle hands". and My son's circumcision was neatly done.
AmyGod:
Please can someone answer this, would also want to learn from it. Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kayjay23: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
Just call your hospital and request for it.

Thanks dear. My interview was in Abuja. I have requested for the itemized bill from my hospital so fingers crossed.

PS: Just read your update. This birth thing seems to be changing by the day. Don't lose faith dear.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kayjay23: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=Omodadi2 post=64697930]@Kayjay23, please where did you have your interview?
Sorry for your refusal.

Not all hospitals give the itemized list as we have read here, and also someone went without it and was granted visa.

Its inside same itemized bill that some VO picked up the issue of self PA fee and insurance fee for the hospital without looking at other receipts presented.

Just call your

Thanks dear. My interview was in Abuja. I have requested for the itemized bill from my hospital so fingers crossed.

PS: Just read your update. This birth thing seems to be changing by the day. Don't lose faith dear.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kayjay23: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2018
anunimorigba:

This is what it looks like

Thanks a lot dear. God bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bidrozey: 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
Just got in to US today ... My POE was Atlanta. And the experience with immigration was awesome. God indeed took control cos I was soo scared .

Met with a Black American Guy and he wasn't smiling thou just straight questions . Asked why I was in the US told him for Vacation and Childbirth . He asked how much I had .. told him 6500USD and over 12000USD in my card (note: I didn't have any money in the card but I had a fixed money of over 8million that I had the certificate with me incase deir is need for me to prove )
But my CBP was nt bothered about all that .
He asked if I informed the embassy that I was coming for childbirth... told him no because I didn't know I was pregnant as the time. He asked how many month gone
And told him 29weeks .He said Ok then stamp me in till 1st August . Thanks to everyone.. Have been a silent reader but have gained alot . Am heading to Philadelphia now from Newark. Will check hospitals deir though have been chatting with Delaware County Memorial Hospital . Thanks .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
mamaron:

Na wa o! What to do? sad

Your expiring visa was medical...abi?....you didn't overstay...and you paid all bills.....i wonder what the issue is.

I may be clutching at straws here but....... was looking at your transcript from 2016 and when VO asked how much it would cost you said $15k....maybe this was your total budget for medical plus accommodation plus travel etc....... but perhaps VO noted that as medical cost only.....and maybe all the VOs are comparing the $7.5k paid to this $15k that was noted. I don't know if that makes any sense....just trying to understand what could be wrong.

Will you try again? Or try Canada....the online application.....not paper through VFS...you only submit your passport when visa is approved.....mine was out in 3 weeks but it was just a tourist visa.....not medical.

Pele.

So if I go back and same question asked, I'll say 15k?
Remember the first VO didn't even ask but just collected my receipts and stocked to the hospital only.
More so, I don't have medical receipt to cover 15k.

Just confused o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
bidrozey:
Just got in to US today ... My POE was Atlanta. And the experience with immigration was awesome. God indeed took control cos I was soo scared .

Met with a Black American Guy and he wasn't smiling thou just straight questions . Asked why I was in the US told him for Vacation and Childbirth . He asked how much I had .. [b]told him 6500USD and over 12000USD in my card (note: I didn't have any money in the card but I had a fixed money of over 8million that I had the certificate with me incase deir is need for me to prove )
[/b]But my CBP was nt bothered about all that .
He asked if I informed the embassy that I was coming for childbirth... told him no because I didn't know I was pregnant as the time. He asked how many month gone
And told him 29weeks .He said Ok then stamp me in till 1st August . Thanks to everyone.. Have been a silent reader but have gained alot . Am heading to Philadelphia now from Newark. Will check hospitals deir though have been chatting with Delaware County Memorial Hospital . Thanks .

Hmmmm...very interesting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2018
Omodadi2:

Remember the first VO didn't even ask but just collected my receipts and stocked to the hospital only.

Just confused o.

No...just clarify that your $15k from the 2016 interview was total budget not only medical....I'm just thinking that may be the mix up.

Sorry

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Quin17: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2018
Omodadi2:
And I was denied again this morningat Lagos

Im speechless, what could be the problem
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AdomMum: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
Tripletmom:
POE experience (Washington Dulles)
Travelled via Turkish airline at 32wk,3 days ago.
Had my fit to fly from my doctor but was requested to do d FAAN medical certificate.
Inflight
[quote author=Tripletmom post=64545495]POE experience (Washington Dulles)
Travelled via Turkish airline at 32wk,3 days ago.
Had my fit to fly from my doctor but was requeste
ME:Yes
out,

Congratulations!!!Thank God for smooth entry! My heart skips at the sound of Dulles...we are right behind ya! All the best and wish you safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=AdomMum post=64731010][/quote]

Ma,pls check ur mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=mamaron post=64727668]

Na wa o! What to do? sad

Will you try again? Or try Canada....the online application.....not paper through VFS...you only submit your passport when visa is approved.....mine was out in 3 weeks but it was just a tourist visa.....not medical

Pls can someone use tourist visa to give birth in canada and again is there any special way of applying canadaian visa becos my hubby and i have bn denied once although we didnt do online application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 02, 2018
Justwise...i did not know you have a US citizen in your family.
Congratulations shocked grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2018
Keneking:
Justwise...i did not know you have a US citizen in your family.
Congratulations shocked grin

In-laws yes but not immediate family members but I'm not sure where you got that from though

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
justwise:

In-laws yes but not immediate family members but I'm not sure where you got that from though

Your summary on page 0 of this thread.
Amazing summary grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=Omodadi2 post=64722074]And I was denied again this morningat Lagos:

Really sorry to hear this oh sad Was seriously rooting for you...

If I'm being honest, I've kinda noticed that the US authorities are more comfortable with subsequent B2 visa applications when you clearly spend a good amount on your 1st B2 visa. It's as though cheap deals are now seriously irritating them, speaking from experience and what I've recently garnered from here.

After my 1st trip when I submitted my receipts for my 1st child of over $16k and the guy entered it, I've never had issues... not with renewal (no interview), nor with visiting even though it was Chicago... Ultimately it is God that grants favor but pls next time you go, make it CLEAR what the ENTIRE cost of the trip was to you. Don't leave anything out. The higher the better. Just my thoughts though. Might be wrong. All the best sis.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chidi4sam(m): 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
MamaOO:

First thing you should ask yourself is: Can you afford it? This journey for those who undertake it is not a cheap one. It’s an average of $12K or more.

And why is your brother-in-law mandating you to check things? IMO, you’re the head of your family and should be the one making the decisions and all. If you feel this is what you want and have the funds, please by all means. Go ahead. The time is now, her EDD is in 2 months. She would need a passport (if she doesn’t have one yet) will need to get an appointment at the US embassy, attend her interview and if visa is granted, wait for her passport. That’s almost a month (if we are being economical). She will be 8 months at that point and a lot of airlines won’t fly her.

Like I said, if you have the funds and are ready to commit to this endeavor totally, start the process ASAP. Like right now. All the best, sir.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=Viola2017 post=64731218][/quote]

I don't know the Canadian process for medical. I hear you can't contact an OBGYN directly and you need to do it through a GP to refer you....... but medical is one of the options for reason for travel on their application form.......if i remember correctly.

There is a giving birth in Canada thread on NL as well as a Canadian tourist visa thread...i think... you can ask there for details.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
Omodadi2:

Just confused o.

hopefully u wont be asked such question again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
cry
Omodadi2:
I responded with a smile
Yes
Told her
Told her

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2018
Omodadi2:

Just confused o.

I think you can actually put that in the reasons for been refused previously. And try to use that medium to explain your self better on your next application
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MyEkwueme: 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
zannie:

Usually you start building up a communication line with the Dr way before 35 weeks...I usually inform my Dr when I'm about 5 months gone so that the dr's clinic can be aware way before I enter the country. I am using Dr E/ Oakbend

Thanks a lot. Pls can u pm me his full name?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 3:23am On Feb 03, 2018
NneMuna:
Hello everyone and Happy New Month. I started off my month with great joy, just got my Visa approved. Halleluyaaaaah! Below is a transcript of my conversation with the Visa officer.

Vo: Good morning, how are you doing?
Me: I’m well, Good morning
Vo: Why are you traveling to the US?
Me: To give birth to my 3rd child
VO: Why the US?
Me: Because they have one of the best medical services in the world.
VO: Why not South Africa or other countries
Me: I haven’t been to the US and would like to use this child birth opportunity
VO: (Asks again) Why the US?
Me: It comes with the bonus of dual citizenship for my Baby (VO nods and kept typing)
VO: What does your husband do?
Me: I tell him
VO: So you work with XYZ Bank as Branch Manager
Me: Yes
VO: How long have you worked there?
VO: How long have you been a Branch Manager?
VO: How much will this trip cost you in USD?
Me: About $15,400
VO: Why this Hospital?
Me: My friend used it and recommended it, plus I hear they specialize in catering for International patients for Childbirth. VO nods his head.
VO: What’s the most expensive expenditure item on your budget list?
Me: Obstertrician fee, I have a budget sheet and can show you more details
VO: No, don’t worry. Have you traveled out of the country before now?
Me: Yes, twice to the UK
VO: Do you have the Visa for the trips?
Me: Yes and hand it over to him
VO: Is your Husband joining you on this trip?
Me: No, he’ll be busy with work and has to be around to cater for the kids.
VO: I will be granting your Visa, pick it up at blah blah blah. Even though I didn’t ask for your documents, you might have to present them at the POE.
Hands me the white paper and I walk away with a wide smile on my face.
I didn’t have to present any of the many documents I took along. Thank GOD for his Grace and mercies. Wish you all same, even better luck with yours.

hello ma'am.
congratulations!
apart from your correspondence with the doctor/hospital,
please did you already make some deposits?
and did the doctor give u a letter for the embassy?

I also sent u a PM.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NneMuna: 4:13am On Feb 03, 2018
Ojugunrege:

hello ma'am.
congratulations!
apart from your correspondence with the doctor/hospital,
please did you already make some deposits?
and did the doctor give u a letter for the embassy?

I also sent u a PM.

Only paid $250 to get the Doctor’s correspondence and Hospital Letter. No additional payment.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 4:31am On Feb 03, 2018
peace004:
Good day

I'm guessing your doctor is Dr. Fa... @ Oak bend.
he's also my doctor. he has accepted me as a patient but I'm worried that he doesn't accept any prior deposits. he says the mail trail between me & him is sufficient for the embassy.

was that the case with you? and how was your interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lollipop1234: 5:12am On Feb 03, 2018
[I used Doc.Joel Bonaparte quote author=OnJosh1 post=64708398]Please people of GOD can anyone recommend a good Pediatrician for circumcision here in Houston? Had my baby at Oakbend. Or should I simply wait till we get to Nigeria? Baby will be 6weeks then. I shudder at the thought of the pain but I'm worried about doing it twice as I've heard not so good reports about circumcision done here. My brother's baby and my friend's baby had to be redone back home in Nigeria after first attempt here in Houston and El Paso respectively were not done properly... Not the same hospitals though.

Pls pls I appreciate your prompt response. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zannie(f): 6:15am On Feb 03, 2018
MyEkwueme:

Thanks a lot. Pls can u pm me his full name?

Send me a pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bubelahot: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2018
I answered that
Although justwise truncated some part.

quote author=Lollipop1234 post=64738502][I used Doc.Joel Bonaparte quote author=OnJosh1 post=64708398]Please people of GOD can anyone recommend a good Pediatrician for circumcision here in Houston? Had my baby at Oakbend. Or should I simply wait till we get to Nigeria? Baby will be 6weeks then. I shudder at the thought of the pain but I'm worried about doing it twice as I've heard not so good reports about circumcision done here. My brother's baby and my friend's baby had to be redone back home in Nigeria after first attempt here in Houston and El Paso respectively were not done properly... Not the same hospitals though.

Pls pls I appreciate your prompt response. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by labsgal: 9:19am On Feb 03, 2018
Please, when we talk of doctor's correspondence, are we talking of all the email exchanges with the doctor or only the page showing the financials and appointment /acceptance letter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.