Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162859 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollarojo: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Repackage, re-fire , PRAY & retry.
everything they asked for including itemized bill I provided. I don’t know what to do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollarojo: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
babyfaiz:

When was that? I mean the last two times you were refused a visa? Things have gotten better now since the Trump era. What was their reasons for refusing you a visa?
1st refusal was in 2021 then I re applied and got an appointment for Dec 2023 and the regular blue paper.
V.O- What do u do
Me & hubby: we mentioned what we do
V.O- Will you be requiring any medical attention this time.
Us- Not atall
V.O- You had both your kids in the USA. Did you use any medical assistance
Us: No we didn’t as we cleared all bills and here is our itemized bills and zero balance statements of both kids (2014 & 2016)
V.O- Unfortunately you are not eligible at this time.

That was how it went. I offered to show my documents she turned them down.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
lollarojo:
everything they asked for including itemized bill I provided. I don’t know what to do
It happened to someone I know a colleague and friend. Two refusals and third time she got it. She did nothing different. The issue is they never divulge the actual reason as to the denial so you can only try again and be hopeful but we can speculate on the reason and repackage based on that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CoronaVirusPro: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
lollarojo:
1st refusal was in 2021 then I re applied and got an appointment for Dec 2023 and the regular blue paper.
V.O- What do u do
Us- Not atall
Us: No we didn’t as we cleared all bills and here is our itemized bills and zero balance statements of both kids (2014 & 2016)

The VO sighted a subsidized bill which you might not be aware of, and immediately concluded.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
lollarojo:
V.O- What do u do
Us- Not atall

How much did you pay? This will give people an idea on the best advice to give you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollarojo: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
flourishing247:

How much did you pay? This will give people an idea on the best advice to give you.
I used dr esparati in Elpaso. Delsol Medical center.
Hospital, doctor was a total of $6,425

And I paid all in full for both kids.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 6:57am On Jan 01
lollarojo:
V.O- What do u do
Us- Not atall

From your posts - It seems you were refused in 2019, right? You just stated here that, the first refusal was 2021 (you need to clarify). You hinted somewhere that the first refusal was 2019 during the Trump era. Well, what I’m trying to get at is this… your last refusal year time frame from the first. There is a pattern that I’ve observed from the Us embassy. People who gave birth and tried to renew during the Trump era have a likely 5 years ban for misrepresentation. It’s either you get renewed the first time or renewed after the 5 years ban (note- this is an observation that has proven to be 100% true, except I hear/ read of a separate experience here). So far so good, I have observed 11 people in the same boat as yours and the results have been the same. Someone tried to renew 2018 & 2021(was refused), then was approved 2023. 4 people got renewed 2018 and 2019 (no refusal after their visa expired). 2 got renewed after being refused in 2017. It’s just a pattern that I’ve observed. Start counting the years from when you were first refused. When it’s 5 years, then you can try again. It’s not about your bills, from your transcript, I can sense the VO must have seen something on your profile (not eligible at this time maybe due to the 5 years ban), otherwise she would have asked to see your bills and proceed with other questions. Anyone that has similar or contrary observation can respectfully share here. I personally have formal evidence that validates my assertion

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 4:21pm On Jan 02
I also recently applied to renew my visa via Dropbox, however, I was told to come for an interview.

I just had my baby in US in September last year. I am pretty anxious as I don’t know what to expect. I wonder why it’s hard to renew a visa after birthing in the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aestake: 6:42pm On Jan 02
Yetyb:
I also recently applied to renew my visa via Dropbox, however, I was told to come for an interview.

I just had my baby in US in September last year. I am pretty anxious as I don’t know what to expect. I wonder why it’s hard to renew a visa after birthing in the US
I think because people don't pay all their bills, don't disclose the birthing plans before the embassy people, nobody is entitled to the visa, and finally coming from a sshiithole country.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MrsX: 6:17am On Jan 03
Thanks Nairaland,

A lot of information up here. I am totally new to birth in US and will need guidance,

How do I get emergency appointment, what documents do I need to submit to get approval my EDD is may 2024.

From information gotten here I have also contacted Dr Z and got a mail for a non refundable payment.

Please who is kind enough to guide me through the processes. Pardon my many questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:54am On Jan 03
MrsX:
Thanks Nairaland,

A lot of information up here. I am totally new to birth in US and will need guidance,

How do I get emergency appointment, what documents do I need to submit to get approval my EDD is may 2024.

From information gotten here I have also contacted Dr Z and got a mail for a non refundable payment.

Please who is kind enough to guide me through the processes. Pardon my many questions.
Did you have a visa? Or you just want to get one? It’s almost impossible to get a visa “solely” for birthing purposes these days so your case better be extremely convincing to the V.O. But I’ll say you can go ahead to try, there’s no harm in trying because you may be an exception of recent experiences.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:56am On Jan 03
Yetyb:

Let’s hope it’s okay, just attend your interview with a positive mindset and of course go with your bills and payment receipts just in the case you’re asked. Just attend your interview with any documentation that you feel will help your case.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MrsX: 9:15am On Jan 03
Debbieeeeeee:

Did you have a visa? Or you just want to get one? It’s almost impossible to get a visa “solely” for birthing purposes these days so your case better be extremely convincing to the V.O. But I’ll say you can go ahead to try, there’s no harm in trying because you may be an exception of recent experiences.

Thank you Debbie for the response.

I don't have a Visa yet hoping to get one , The problem now is getting an appointment date.

What supporting documents do I need to convince the embassy for an emergency appointment.

There's no appointment date until 2025 for new applications.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:20am On Jan 03
MrsX:

Thank you Debbie for the response.

I don't have a Visa yet hoping to get one , The problem now is getting an appointment date.

What supporting documents do I need to convince the embassy for an emergency appointment.

There's no appointment date until 2025 for new applications.

Emergency appointment for child birth, is your pregnancy high risk? Do you have paper work to prove it? You can try because no one can say what your chances are, we can only speculate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LadyIE: 9:41pm On Jan 05
Good evening all, I plan having my baby in Maryland or Denver as I do have some options on where to stay. In Maryland, I would be staying at Elkridge,Maryland. I would like to know how I can go about getting an OBGYN and a hospital. I would appreciate any hospital recommendations.

Also, if I’m to go to Denver Colorado, please can anyone recommend an OBGYN clinic and hospital to use.

Also if anyone can help with price estimates, I would greatly appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by odirinm(f): 1:35pm On Jan 06
moyinoluwalope:
I did not use hospital for my delivery in 2019, i use midwife service in Arlington Dallas, it was affordable. i got my baby birth certificate and Blue passport
if you are interested, kindly let me know
i will share her contact and her IG handle

Hello, i sent you an email. pls kindly respond as i will need info concerning this. Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by odirinm(f): 10:42am On Jan 07
Hello everyone,

I had my last baby in 2018, in Hoston Texas. I already have my 5 year visa and would like to know the latest POE for preggy moms. I used the Houston airport last time and my entry was smooth. Any updates for recent travelers? I may use the Dallas airport this time. But can someone or anyone give recent events on POE for both Dallas and Houston, i would appreciate it.

I am planning on going at 34 weeks at the latest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 10:43am On Jan 08
odirinm:
Hello everyone,

I had my last baby in 2018, in Hoston Texas. I already have my 5 year visa and would like to know the latest POE for preggy moms. I used the Houston airport last time and my entry was smooth. Any updates for recent travelers? I may use the Dallas airport this time. But can someone or anyone give recent events on POE for both Dallas and Houston, i would appreciate it.

Pls how did your visa renewal go? were you asked questions about your last delivery? Plus is it that since 2018, you haven’t been to the US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 3:56pm On Jan 08
DM me for Maryland.

LadyIE:
Good evening all, I plan having my baby in Maryland or Denver as I do have some options on where to stay. In Maryland, I would be staying at Elkridge,Maryland. I would like to know how I can go about getting an OBGYN and a hospital. I would appreciate any hospital recommendations.

Also, if I’m to go to Denver Colorado, please can anyone recommend an OBGYN clinic and hospital to use.

Also if anyone can help with price estimates, I would greatly appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by odirinm(f): 7:34am On Jan 09
Yetyb:

Pls how did your visa renewal go? were you asked questions about your last delivery? Plus is it that since 2018, you haven’t been to the US?

I did drop box. No, been in and out of other countries.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 8:43am On Jan 09
I used Houston in Aug 2023. No questions asked. Smooth entry @36wks

odirinm:
Hello everyone,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LadyIE: 11:06pm On Jan 09
Hello Triple mama I’ve sent a request
TripleKMama:
DM me for Maryland.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by rozeybid: 11:11pm On Jan 09
Hello Everyone …
Been a long time on this platform .
Thanks Debbie for sticking through the years .
Pls will like to ask - Have any one here been denied visa under 212(a)(6)(c)(i) for misinterpretation ?

If yes , pls can i be referred to a post on it ?

Thank you .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 6:08am On Jan 10
HI
The non refundable funds you pay Dr Z is so he can write a letter to embassy for your interview and POE. If u have a date already for the interview you can go ahead and pay if not hold on.
I used Dr Zi last year October all i can advise you is ensure whatever hospital you choose let it be clear you have ur PD (if you do) dont let Peadrix Medical Group PD see ur baby. I have a $760 bill hanging on my head and am pained.
MrsX:
Thanks Nairaland,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MrsX: 7:58pm On Jan 10
Nnekkyneks:
HI
The non refundable funds you pay Dr Z is so he can write a letter to embassy for your interview and POE. If u have a date already for the interview you can go ahead and pay if not hold on.
I used Dr Zi last year October all i can advise you is ensure whatever hospital you choose let it be clear you have ur PD (if you do) dont let Peadrix Medical Group PD see ur baby. I have a $760 bill hanging on my head and am pained.

Thanks for the response, I don't have a date yet and was thinking if I pay and get a letter from Dr Zi , it will support my application process to get an appointment date.

Those experienced , please how do I secure appointment date on a Virgin Passport, available dates are 2025 US Embassy and my EDD is May 2024.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 9:00am On Jan 11
TripleKMama:
DM me for Maryland.
Hello, I have also sent a DM please

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by odirinm(f): 11:29am On Jan 11
MsAnonymous:
I used Houston in Aug 2023. No questions asked. Smooth entry @36wks

Hi MsAnonymous, Thank you for your reply. how is your LO doing?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 2:37pm On Jan 11
No the letter de Zi will noy help with date of appointment
It will only help you at the interview and at the point of entry when asked what you cane to do.

All the best
MrsX:

Thanks for the response, I don't have a date yet and was thinking if I pay and get a letter from Dr Zi , it will support my application process to get an appointment date.

Those experienced , please how do I secure appointment date on a Virgin Passport, available dates are 2025 US Embassy and my EDD is May 2024.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ogta45: 8:50am On Jan 12
Hello,

Welldone to everyone here

Please I need help/advice/ideas

I applied for a Medical visa to give birth due to health complications (I am showing already). Applied for an emergency appointment to Abuja center, got approved and went for the interview in December. After asking and answering the numerous questions, requesting for all my documents - from doctor's report to cost/budget etc I was denied; her reason was she did not have enough information, which made no sense because I gave her all documents she requested for.

I am thinking of re-applying, but I am not sure if to re-apply to the same Abuja center (which most people here think is more fair) and what the chances might be

or apply to Lagos, a different center instead

Does it matter or further reduce the chances if I apply to same center?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 9:57am On Jan 12
Debbieeeeeee:

lollarojo:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 10:21am On Jan 12
[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=127687722]

This is an appreciation post for @Debbieeeee, anyone who knows her here will know she has been consistent and always willing to help with every information possible.

I got my visa after I was asked to come for an interview for the Dropbox I did.

VO: what will you be doing in the US
Ans: I will be going for holidays and will be visiting Houston and California because my brother stays there
VO: when last were you in the US
Ans: I was there last year July 2023
VO: what were you there for?
Ans: I was there to have my baby, this was primarily due to the several miscarriages I had coupled with the HELLP syndrome and decided that I wanted to be under the best medical care. I also had the finances to cover for it. Here are my zero balance..
VO: I can see you paid about $8k
Ans: No, I paid more, doctors bill was $2125, Lab bill was $1500, baby hospital bill was $790 , baby lab work, $171
VO: ok, so that’s about 12k,
Ans: more
VO: where do you work?
Ans: mentioned where I work
VO: would you be traveling with your son?
Ans : yes I would
VO: oh yes, he’s American
VO: ok, pick up your passport so and so day

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:23am On Jan 12
You’re welcome Yetyb and I’m glad you got your visa kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.