Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162853 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Maggies88: 11:44am On Mar 12
BigSib:
Good morning house,please am new here and i will like any kind hearted one to please advice me on this,2022 after my first trimester before i knew that i was pregnant lol so along the line the pregnancy became complicated so i applied for emergency but i did not get an earlier date all dates that i was seeing were 2024 i tried to pull all strings but noting change so i now left all to God to take the wheel.Sept was my EDD and baby was about come and my life and my baby's life was in line hmmm but with GOd with me we both survived it and i return the praise and glory to God.so recently i got a mail from the embassy reminding for my appointment for 20224 please what should i do ?should i go and appear at the interview and say what?please help me if you think is a good idea to appear on the appointment day.thank you...

I advise you to go ahead with the interview. It is well within your right to have new travel plans confidently . 2022 when you last attempted to travel to the US without fruition is now two years ago . You should come up with a new reason for a casual travel and prepare thoroughly (Healthy bank statements ,work status, and any documentation that generally shows ties to Nigeria)
Your interview should be pretty much regular as there isn't even any grounds to discuss childbirth without any previous history of it in the United States.

However, If you do not have all the necessary mentioned above currently for an imminent interview, then it wont hurt to reschedule . Sometimes if not most times these documents are never sighted but then you really never know how your own interview may go, hence the need to be really prepared .

I hope I have been of assistance to you based on the information you have provided . Good luck! 🤞

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BigSib: 5:46pm On Mar 12
thank you so much for your advice God bless you and do have a great day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 8:18pm On Mar 12
BigSib:
Good morning house,please am new here and i will like any kind hearted one to please advice me on this,2022 after my first trimester before i knew that i was pregnant lol so along the line the pregnancy became complicated so i applied for emergency but i did not get an earlier date all dates that i was seeing were 2024 i tried to pull all strings but noting change so i now left all to God to take the wheel.Sept was my EDD and baby was about come and my life and my baby's life was in line hmmm but with GOd with me we both survived it and i return the praise and glory to God.so recently i got a mail from the embassy reminding for my appointment for 20224 please what should i do ?should i go and appear at the interview and say what?please help me if you think is a good idea to appear on the appointment day.thank you...

I would advise you still attend the interview since you've already paid for it,it makes no sense to forgo the interview. You could say you are going for vacation,if you decide to go that route make sure you do your homework and make adequate plans,for example, places you'll be visiting, accommodation arrangements etc and most importantly have good home ties

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BigSib: 12:14am On Mar 13
ok thank you so much for advise i appreciate everyone here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 8:45am On Mar 13
BigSib:

Go for the interview. You can use the visa to go for vacation or something else. besides new appointment is 333k. abeg o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 1:43am On Mar 16
[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=128896626]
Walk-in to the county health department to get it in person.

You are a sweetheart! Last concern please: we are leaving later in April, do you advice I apply for passport now or wait for two weeks before travelling?
Also, I wanted to add infant to ticket, the airline (wakanow) is asking for infants passport details.
Lastly, does infant need passport or any form of identification to travel via air within the United States?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:06am On Mar 16
[quote author=Greatnewsalways post=128951483][/quote]
I was scheduled for an appointment just 10 days before my travel date, despite booking it approximately four weeks in advance. It's worth noting that they may inquire about the date on your travel ticket to establish your appointment date, with the ticket date falling within a four-week window when you make the call.

When I added my baby to my ticket, I didn't have to provide passport details because the baby didn't have one at that time, and the airline didn't request them either. I simply provided the baby's name.

I suggest contacting the airline directly. Since you've already used one leg of your ticket, they should be willing to assist you in adding your baby as a lap infant.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 6:33am On Mar 17
[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=128953155]
I was scheduled for an appointment just 10 days before my travel date, despite booking it approximately four weeks in advance. It's worth noting that they may inquire about the date on your travel ticket to establish your appointment date, with the ticket date falling within a four-week window when you make the call.

Thanks so much . I will let you know how it goes

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by onile1975: 5:05pm On Mar 18
Hello good people of the house,what documents can I use to request for immergency appointment?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kifaayah1: 10:24am On Mar 24
Hi everyone,
We just got baby's US passport and we are traveling back to Nigeria this coming Thursday. Can we still be able to get ETC within this short time frame?

Please help with guidance on this @Debieeee and others. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:01pm On Mar 24
Kifaayah1:
Hi everyone,
We just got baby's US passport and we are traveling back to Nigeria this coming Thursday. Can we still be able to get ETC within this short time frame?

You may be cutting it too close but you can try.
mail out your documents tomorrow morning and include a next day return envelope specifically a timed delivery for the return so it will meet up with your trip on Thursday.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 8:46pm On Mar 25
Hello All,

I hope you're doing awesome! I'm looking for a good OBGYN/delivery package link up in Maryland.

Please share recommendations. Information on choice of hospital and cost breakdown would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 8:54pm On Mar 25
Hello Ma,

Apologies for cutting in but could you please share details on your delivery in Maryland with regards to the OB/GYN used, hospital used, how you contacted them and the cost breakdown if you don't mind?

Thank you.

FHMaryland:
Hi,

I am writing to enquire about the process for obtaining the US passport for Nigerians who have had a baby here recently.
I will be applying from Maryland and having looked at the state department website it seems like you can only get an appointment for the passport if within 14 days of travel but if the father of the baby will not be around by then the DS-3053 has to be notarized by the US consulate. Will it be better to use a passport agency company while the father is around? If so has anyone used a company they would advise me to use?
Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 8:57pm On Mar 25
Hello Ma,

Apologies for cutting in but could you please share details on your delivery in Maryland with regards to the OB/GYN used, hospital used, how you contacted them and the cost breakdown if you don't mind?

Thank you.

Greatnewsalways:
Hello everyone, i need assistance on how to go about LO's birth certificate. i tried ordering online via vitalchek and its asking for document to verify my address. I am in Maryland, are there other ways to obtain the BC? Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 9:28pm On Mar 25
Hello Ma'am,

Encouraging post. I also plan to stay with my Uncle and Aunt in MD. 4 months mat leave as well. However, it would be my first time in the U.S.

Do you advise me to send a change of intent letter to the embassy because my purpose of visit was vacation.

In addition, would you mind sharing details on your delivery in Maryland with regards to the OB/GYN used, hospital used, how you contacted them and the cost breakdown if you don't mind?

Thank you.

Greatnewsalways:
In the spirit of giving back, I would like to share my POE experience. I started reading this thread from part 1 and then part 6 from page 1. It’s been very informative- thanks to everyone that has shared.
POE- IAD- Washington Dulles
Airline- Ethiopian air- Lagos- Lome(1 hr layover) - Washington (11 hours 5 mins)
Travelled at 33 weeks 5 days and bump isn’t so big. I got fit to fly from Lagos airport and they kept asking for it at every point.
When we landed, I guess about 3 other flights arrived at the same time (around 7pm) and the hall was so damn full. Citizens line was long, visitors line was long as well and we were moving so slowly. At a point, I sat on the floor cause I was tired of standing. The wait was quite long but finally arrived at the front of the CBP officer.
Me- Hiya
CBP- hello, what brings you here today?
Me- two things- for vacation and to have my baby
CBP: really? How long will you be here for?
Me: 3 months
CBP; 3 months!! Where will you be staying?
Me: with my aunt in MD
CBP: what about work? Where do you work?
Me: told him about my job and how I have four months maternity leave. So I will spend 3 here and 1 back home. Told him I already got my approval to travel.
CBP: how much do you have?
Me; told him the cash and card values
CBP: any food stuff
Me; no
CBP: have you been here before?
Me; yes, two times. The most recent was 2020 where i spent 15 days
CBP; go ahead and look into the camera, four left fingers, four right fingers, thumbs on the biometrics machine. Thank you!
Gave me back my passport and that was it.
I was nervous that he didn’t stamp my
Passport and I was going to go back to ask but then I saw the people that were on the queue before me and when I asked they said their passports weren’t stamped.
I also remember that while waiting on the line, I didn’t see him stamp the ones that went before me. I don’t know if this is a new system coz the last 2 times I visited USA in 2019 and 2020, I was stamped in for 6 months.
I didn't send the change of intent letter, i had my visa before marriage.
Anyways, I got my luggage and headed home.
Wishing everyone well and trusting God for testimonies on this thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FHMaryland: 5:30am On Mar 26
Hi,

Regarding the cost of delivery in Maryland

Used Holy Cross Hospital in Silverspring and OBGYN was Dr Block/office is capital women's care silver spring. I called the OBGYN office- faxed OBGYN letter from Nigeria and appointment was scheduled. They put me in touch with the Holy cross people.
Cost breakdown:
Hospital cost: elective C section $7K + Baby's cost ($4.5k) (before delivery you pay deposit $6-7K for mother and $1.5k for baby)
The baby's cost was the surprise bill. After $1.5k deposit received a bill for $3k nursery fees for healthy baby. Did not ask for clarification- I just paid
Anesthesia: $1K.
OBGYN: Pregnancy package up to 6 weeks postpartum $2750 (does not include first visit $130, labs $460)
Pediatrician visit: $100

Budget $15-17K for Maryland.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 5:29pm On Mar 27
Super useful.

Thank you so so much. I am grateful. 

FHMaryland:
Hi,

Used Holy Cross Hospital in Silverspring and OBGYN was Dr Block/office is capital women's care silver spring. I called the OBGYN office- faxed OBGYN letter from Nigeria and appointment was scheduled. They put me in touch with the Holy cross people.
Cost breakdown:
Hospital cost: elective C section $7K + Baby's cost ($4.5k) (before delivery you pay deposit $6-7K for mother and $1.5k for baby)
The baby's cost was the surprise bill. After $1.5k deposit received a bill for $3k nursery fees for healthy baby. Did not ask for clarification- I just paid
OBGYN: Pregnancy package up to 6 weeks postpartum $2750 (does not include first visit $130, labs $460)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaDesiree: 9:07am On Mar 28
Hello I’m new here, been reading threads on birthing in the US. Does anyone have any information on great affordable hospitals and doctors in California as well as their contacts. Been trying to call I haven’t been able to get referral for a good doctor in California.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 6:55pm On Mar 29
FHMaryland:
Hi,

Cost breakdown:

Based on previous discussion here if I can remember correctly,Maryland is an expensive place to give birth. It was advised then that if you live in a border town or city, you should explore hospitals in neighboring states and it's better for them to give you cost upfront instead of waiting after having your baby and being slammed with some outrageous and ridiculous bill
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by hammed71(m): 12:04pm On Mar 30
Good afternoon guys please what is the wait time for b1/b2 interview date now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 2:02pm On Mar 30
[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=128953155]
I was scheduled for an appointment just 10 days before my travel date, despite booking it approximately four weeks in advance.

I am back again mama Debbie. Please what is the validity of the US passport you obtain for your LO if it is gotten via the passport agency(meaning you have less than two weeks to travel). Someone is saying it’s valid for one year only but I was under the assumption that it was for 5 years.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 2:04pm On Mar 30
Kifaayah1:
Hi everyone,

Please how many years is your baby’s passport valid for? Did you apply at a passport agency (travelling is less than 14 days) or your mailed the documents to them?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 2:20pm On Mar 30
[quote author=Nnajohnson post=128171301] APPRECIATION TIME

I also called lufthansa to rebook her return flight to the date she was given to exit and to add the LO to her ticket since the itenary is needed to expedite ETC and Passport appointment.
The next day, she picked up the BC, and applied for the LO ETC mailed to the new york consulate. The ETC was approved and we got it 3 days after it was mailed. She got the LO Passport on the same appointment day.

Hello sir, please what is the validity of LO’s passport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 2:25pm On Mar 30
DanieZ:
Hello Ma'am,

Encouraging post. I also plan to stay with my Uncle and Aunt in MD. 4 months mat leave as well. However, it would be my first time in the U.S.

Do you advise me to send a change of intent letter to the embassy because my purpose of visit was vacation.

In addition, would you mind sharing details on your delivery in Maryland with regards to the OB/GYN used, hospital used, how you contacted them and the cost breakdown if you don't mind?

Thank you.

I am yet to receive all my bills so I can’t provide a comprehensive list right now. The doctor charged $2,375 for vaginal delivery but was negotiated to $2k. The hospital bills are on a high side and like it has been stated on this thread, Maryland is quite expensive. Babies are billed differently from the mum as soon as they are born, this was surprising to me, so they get charged for the room and other things as well. I would say budget upwards from $15k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:49pm On Mar 30
[quote author=Greatnewsalways post=129183558][/quote]
It’s 5 years please not one year, you will keep getting 5 years till the kid turns 16 years old.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BigSib: 7:48am On Apr 02
Hello good morning Debbieeeeeee ,please i need your assistant on what to do or how to arrange my document for up my coming interview .this is my story i was suppose to go and deliver my baby in the state 2022 but the only available appointment date was for 2024 May and they have been sending me a reminder about my appointment for this year,so am not really sure of what document or if i should update my DS160 form ,please i need gradian on what to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:36am On Apr 02
BigSib:
Hello good morning Debbieeeeeee ,please i need your assistant on what to do or how to arrange my document for up my coming interview .this is my story i was suppose to go and deliver my baby in the state 2022 but the only available appointment date was for 2024 May and they have been sending me a reminder about my appointment for this year,so am not really sure of what document or if i should update my DS160 form ,please i need gradian on what to do.
Fill a new ds160 and Update your ds160 to reflect your present circumstances since your baby has come and please make sure you do so 72 hours before your appointment at the consulate. I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 2:38pm On Apr 02
Greatnewsalways:

Please how many years is your baby’s passport valid for? Did you apply at a passport agency (travelling is less than 14 days) or your mailed the documents to them?
if you don't have all the required documents or the authorization from your partner was not certify by US embassy, they might give you a passport valid for a year and then you will be advise to get a 5 year valid passport for free if you apply within the one year validity at the US embassy in Nigeria. If you don't apply within the one year validity, then you have to pay for a new passport.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 10:42am On Apr 03
Ok. Thank you for the information and advice.

dere5:

Based on previous discussion here if I can remember correctly,Maryland is an expensive place to give birth. It was advised then that if you live in a border town or city, you should explore hospitals in neighboring states and it's better for them to give you cost upfront instead of waiting after having your baby and being slammed with some outrageous and ridiculous bill
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 10:51am On Apr 03
Ok, noted. Thank you for the response.
If you don't mind, please do share your bill once it is complete.
I heard that babies are billed differently in other states. Houston (the option for Medicaid) and San Francisco. This is from people who had their babies last year and early this year.

Greatnewsalways:

I am yet to receive all my bills so I can’t provide a comprehensive list right now. The doctor charged $2,375 for vaginal delivery but was negotiated to $2k. The hospital bills are on a high side and like it has been stated on this thread, Maryland is quite expensive. Babies are billed differently from the mum as soon as they are born, this was surprising to me, so they get charged for the room and other things as well. I would say budget upwards from $15k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DanieZ: 5:34pm On Apr 03
I have a related question please.

In my case, I filled my old passport number on my DS-160 form (last year). Expiration date is October 2024. I just got a new passport, and my appointment is in May (next month).

1) Am I required to fill a new DS-160 form to update the new passport information?
2) Does this mean I will have to pay another visa fee again while the last payment is still very much valid?
3) What are my options? Leave as is and carry both old and new passport or do an update?

I would appreciate responses in this regard.

Thank you.

Debbieeeeeee:

Fill a new ds160 and Update your ds160 to reflect your present circumstances since your baby has come and please make sure you do so 72 hours before your appointment at the consulate. I wish you good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boluwagin: 10:15pm On Apr 03
Goodevening Everyone,

Please can someone walk me through the process of applying for ETC? I will really appreciate🙏🏽

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.