Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163329 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Diok92: 8:03am On Feb 21
Drugkills:

Thank you for your very well detailed explanation. I will like to confirm if the $300 should be paid before going for visa interview or this can be done after the visa has been approved.

Hello

So Dr Z’s bill depends on what service he is rendering to you
Vaginal delivery - $2600
CS - $2800
You would’ve paid $300 to them before your arrival which would be deducted from his total cost

Hospital bill, also depends on either vaginal or CS
West Houston - (vaginal delivery $3600 and CS $5000)
Epidural or spinal for CS - $2000
If you are having a CS and spinal fails, it could be converted to general anaesthesia which cost more

Paediatrician - depending on who is on call the day of your delivery
Dr C billed us $550 for baby check and circumscision.
He saw baby twice before we were discharge.
We also visited his practice (Sunrise Paediatrics) twice before we left the US.
Each visit cost us $100 each.
We also had new born blood spot test (one as an inpatient in the hospital on Day 2 of life and the second one between 2nd and 4th week of life). This is to check inborn error of metabolism and some other disorder that could be managed if detected early like cystic fibrosis and Heamoglobinopathies)
We were not billed for the first one as it was part of the initial hospital bill.
For the second one we paid $50 when we went to the hospital to get the blood test done.

Hearing test cost $326

Eye test is included in the baby check that the paediatrician would do on your little one.
An ophthalmoscope will be use to check the red flex.

I hope this answers your question

All the best.♥️

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Konquest: 9:51pm On Feb 26
Bossman:
Just saw this and it reminded me of this forum. It’s good to be truthful about our intentions and have enough money to cover the cost of birth. This lady was turned back at Detroit Airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRE9xSWeT48?si=hZq-Upb81gHmDBTI
Indeed, "TRUTH" is the keyword.

The primary officer and his men at the airport in Michigan rapidly sussed out the couple... Nervousness always has a way of unraveling those folks who aren't truthful. Period.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 4:27am On Feb 28
Please my good people, come to my aid. I tried booking an appointment for DH to notarised the DS 3053 but it’s asking for barcode. “Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
How do I navigate this? Can someone please put me through? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:46am On Feb 28
Greatnewsalways:
Please my good people, come to my aid. I tried booking an appointment for DH to notarised the DS 3053 but it’s asking for barcode. “Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
How do I navigate this? Can someone please put me through? Thank you
Hmmm this seems unusual but maybe it’s a new development, have you filled and submitted your baby’s DS-11?

Are you on this website https://ng.usembassy.gov/services/notarials/

https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=LGS&appcode=1

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 8:36am On Feb 28
Debbieeeeeee:

Hmmm this seems unusual but maybe it’s a new development, have you filled and submitted your baby’s DS-11?

Are you on this website https://ng.usembassy.gov/services/notarials/

https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=LGS&appcode=1

Thank you ma’am, apparently I was on the wrong web page but I have been able to secure the appointment now. Just to confirm ma’am, he is going with his international passport, printed copy of the DS 3053 and money…?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:11am On Feb 28
Greatnewsalways:

Thank you ma’am, apparently I was on the wrong web page but I have been able to secure the appointment now. Just to confirm ma’am, he is going with his international passport, printed copy of the DS 3053 and money…?
It’s free of charge you don’t pay
He should go with international passport plus a copy of it , I think a passport photo graph(I’ve forgotten but I’m unsure), a pen to sign and a copy of the 3053 form he should fill out the portion meant to be filled and leave the other portion that’s meant to be filled in the presence of the notary.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyimaliski: 9:43am On Feb 28
Good day all

Please . For those who have done drop box recently . How long did it take from the day u dropped off passport to the passport pickup day?

Please guide
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:56am On Feb 28
oyimaliski:
Good day all

Please . For those who have done drop box recently . How long did it take from the day u dropped off passport to the passport pickup day?

Please guide
For Lagos it’s July drop off that’s available right now

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyimaliski: 12:34pm On Feb 28
Debbieeeeeee:

For Lagos it’s July drop off that’s available right now

I have don the drop box. Just asking how long It takes to get my visa renewed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 1:32pm On Feb 28
Good morning,

Please help me clarify. I would like to renew my son's passport. The cost of the flight (we live outside Abuja)will not allow both parents to appear please advise on how to go about this especially the documents we have to present, and the consent letter from the unavailable parent. How do we prepare the letter?

Please Guidance. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 2:08pm On Mar 01
How can US visa be 333k at 1800 per dollar even higher than black market, just yesterday morning it was 296k at 1600, only to pay but to no avail.
How can they be exploiting Nigerians and yet do not grant visas.
Who gave them the right to determine rates above our official rate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Maggies88: 4:07pm On Mar 01
oyimaliski:

I have don the drop box. Just asking how long It takes to get my visa renewed

It takes about 3-7 days on average currently from point of submission to passport being returned to you if all checks out . I.E if no Issues .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Hadithlee: 10:34pm On Mar 02
feddy27:

God bless you 😁 you won’t understand the relief this answer brought. I’ve been thinking and searching online but I needed to hear from someone who has a first hand experience. Once baby is here, I want to leave in 2weeks😀

Hello ma, please how did this go i am in the same situation now is it possible to apply for the child to be a dependent from within the UK after entering with her US A passport on visiting visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyimaliski: 3:53pm On Mar 04
Maggies88:

It takes about 3-7 days on average currently from point of submission to passport being returned to you if all checks out . I.E if no Issues .

Not correct . Presently Lagos takes 4 weeks . Abuja is like 6 weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Maggies88: 4:20pm On Mar 04
oyimaliski:

Not correct . Presently Lagos takes 4 weeks . Abuja is like 6 weeks

I am sure I’ve responded affirmatively based on several live scenarios within the past 2 weeks. Each persons case is unique remember. I repeat that with no issues and if all checks out, you can have your passport back within 3-7 days from submission to pick up. Case study is (Abuja).
I also suggest you check your progress report diligently from this website if you are not already doing that . https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyimaliski: 10:39am On Mar 06
Maggies88:

I am sure I’ve responded affirmatively based on several live scenarios within the past 2 weeks. Each persons case is unique remember. I repeat that with no issues and if all checks out, you can have your passport back within 3-7 days from submission to pick up. Case study is (Abuja).
I also suggest you check your progress report diligently from this website if you are not already doing that . https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

My timeline

IW (Drop box date) 15th Feb
Received status 16th Feb 2024
Modified to application in review 20th Feb
Approved march 4th
Issued march 5th

I know in like 3 days from today my passport will be here delivered

So calculate . It is almost a month . And I had no issues

This is also same for people I know that dropped off same time

Location is Lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Maggies88: 1:06pm On Mar 06
oyimaliski:

My timeline

IW (Drop box date) 15th Feb
Received status 16th Feb 2024
Modified to application in review 20th Feb
Approved march 4th
Issued march 5th

I know in like 3 days from today my passport will be here delivered

So calculate . It is almost a month . And I had no issues

This is also same for people I know that dropped off same time

Location is Lagos

Ok I understand you totally, but what you are missing from your response above is that you actually went through a process of administrative review that took a longer time than should have. . In some cases, and like the cases I’ve checked, It goes straight to approved from application received in just less than 48hours of working days . Congratulations really on eventually having it issued without having to come in for further interrogations.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyimaliski: 5:47pm On Mar 06
Maggies88:

Ok I understand you totally, but what you are missing from your response above is that you actually went through a process of administrative review that took a longer time than should have. . In some cases, and like the cases I’ve checked, It goes straight to approved from application received in just less than 48hours of working days . Congratulations really on eventually having it issued without having to come in for further interrogations.

That's the correction I am giving u .... These period the load is much .... So it's not as easy as you think . This is my 5th visa . I have done 3 previous drop boxes . These days Lagos is minimum 3-4 weeks and Abuja is more . But I will leave it at that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Maggies88: 8:01pm On Mar 06
oyimaliski:

That's the correction I am giving u .... These period the load is much .... So it's not as easy as you think . This is my 5th visa . I have done 3 previous drop boxes . These days Lagos is minimum 3-4 weeks and Abuja is more . But I will leave it at that

It’s totally fine, I believe people are having different experiences and to be more specific , I personally submitted a long time after you on February 21st a Wednesday and I picked up from DHL on the 27th Tuesday the following week which is even less than one week if you take away the weekend . I have also in the same periods been designated to pick up passports for friends also who could not be present because they were out of town (lagos) and I witnessed their own processes too from start to finish in same Abuja . I only engaged you initially to let you know that this is actually possible without knowing that anyone’s passports example yours in this current time can actually seat at the embassy for a month for any reason other than extended administrative checks . I also just like yourself have numerous renewals not limited to interviews but drop box as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zichien: 11:19pm On Mar 06
Just wondering.. is it cheaper to buy in the US and ship to Nigeria vs buying made in Nigeria diapers and wipes? thank you
Debbieeeeeee:

Amazon for water wipes they have great deals on water wipes, formula and diapers too & Sam’s club for their members mark unscented wipes
Shipping depends on state and mode of shipping, heavy items should go by ocean and it takes 12 weeks from other states but from newyork and neighboring states it’s about 6/8 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:44pm On Mar 06
zichien:
Just wondering.. is it cheaper to buy in the US and ship to Nigeria vs buying made in Nigeria diapers and wipes? thank you

I explored shipping costs for diapers, but it wasn't economical. So, I opted for U.S. brands from Nigerian retailers in Lagos who import them. I secured a year's supply of wipes by bringing some in my hand luggage and cargoing others via sea. While the pricing in Nigeria varies, I found good deals on Amazon and in Sam’s Club. Despite compressing two cartons of diapers in my checked bags, I haven't tried locally-made ones yet. I usually stick to the brand the hospital uses for newborns, and it has worked well for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FHMaryland: 3:01am On Mar 07
Hi,

I am writing to enquire about the process for obtaining the US passport for Nigerians who have had a baby here recently.
I will be applying from Maryland and having looked at the state department website it seems like you can only get an appointment for the passport if within 14 days of travel but if the father of the baby will not be around by then the DS-3053 has to be notarized by the US consulate. Will it be better to use a passport agency company while the father is around? If so has anyone used a company they would advise me to use?
Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:11am On Mar 07
FHMaryland:
Hi,

I am writing to enquire about the process for obtaining the US passport for Nigerians who have had a baby here recently.
I will be applying from Maryland and having looked at the state department website it seems like you can only get an appointment for the passport if within 14 days of travel but if the father of the baby will not be around by then the DS-3053 has to be notarized by the US consulate. Will it be better to use a passport agency company while the father is around? If so has anyone used a company they would advise me to use?
Thanks in advance

If you’re traveling within 14 days, then you can use the passport agency (Department of State) and get your passport same day. The closest location to you is in Washington DC, however, the father of your child must be available otherwise you’ll need a notarized DS-3053 from a notary public in the United States or from a US consulate abroad.

What you can also do is use an “online notary” which cost around $75.00 (Seventy Five Dollars). The father of your child will have to connect with the notary on a zoom call with his identification. It’s easy and flexible.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 3:29pm On Mar 07
[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=128814562]
Did every try parent choice brand? I got their diapers and wipes and I must say it was really cheap and good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:30pm On Mar 07
[quote author=Yetyb post=128824774][/quote]
I know parents choice it’s a very good and affordable Walmart brand. I didn’t try their diapers but I bought their gas drops and a few other things.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IyeLight: 11:16pm On Mar 09
Hey all,

I hope you're doing awesome! I'm looking for a good OBGYN in Atlanta and thought, who better to ask than here?

I'm looking for someone who's not only good at their job but also super attentive. It's essential that they treat everyone respectfully, with no exceptions.

Please drop their names if you've had positive experiences with OBGYNs in Atlanta. Also, if you've given birth between 2022 and 2024, I'd love to know which hospital and doctors you chose in Atlanta. And, if you're comfortable sharing, a bit about the cost breakdown would be fantastic.

Thanks a ton for any insights you can share!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 3:42am On Mar 12
Hello everyone, i need assistance on how to go about LO's birth certificate. i tried ordering online via vitalchek and its asking for document to verify my address. I am in Maryland, are there other ways to obtain the BC? Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:23am On Mar 12
Greatnewsalways:
Hello everyone, i need assistance on how to go about LO's birth certificate. i tried ordering online via vitalchek and its asking for document to verify my address. I am in Maryland, are there other ways to obtain the BC? Many thanks
Walk-in to the county health department to get it in person. Just google the address it should come up or google where to get BC walk-In locations near me also read the google reviews to be sure you’re going to the correct location.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 9:56am On Mar 12
Debbieeeeeee:

Walk-in to the county health department to get it in person. Just google the address it should come up or google where to get BC walk-In locations near me also read the google reviews to be sure you’re going to the correct location.

Always helpful, well done Debbieeee.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BigSib: 10:10am On Mar 12
Good morning house,please am new here and i will like any kind hearted one to please advice me on this,2022 after my first trimester before i knew that i was pregnant lol so along the line the pregnancy became complicated so i applied for emergency but i did not get an earlier date all dates that i was seeing were 2024 i tried to pull all strings but noting change so i now left all to God to take the wheel.Sept was my EDD and baby was about come and my life and my baby's life was in line hmmm but with GOd with me we both survived it and i return the praise and glory to God.so recently i got a mail from the embassy reminding for my appointment for 20224 please what should i do ?should i go and appear at the interview and say what?please help me if you think is a good idea to appear on the appointment day.thank you...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BigSib: 11:15am On Mar 12
Yetyb:

Always helpful, well done Debbieeee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.