Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163086 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 11:56pm On Jan 29
What a marathon!
Congratulations to you all and special gbosa to wifey. 🎊
Nnajohnson:
APPRECIATION TIME

I want to say a big Thank you to all. .....

WOW, In 12 days after delivery we have all the LO travel documents ready to leave before her admitted period elapses.

I can't thank you guys enough for the enormous information and direction i got in this forum.

God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 11:58pm On Jan 29
Try Lufthansa and buy now once you've confirmed your dates.
whiteMandingo:
wahala..the economy is just getting worse and worse...ethiopian airline wch provided affordable flights to usa, is no longer cheap. over 3m naira now for a return flight.
pls who knows of any cheaper way to get to washington or houston area with below 20hrs total flight time that cost less than 2m naira?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 12:02am On Jan 30
But why are u just buying ur ticket now?
Are u the mom or dad?
If mom, then u prioritize comfort and less connecting flights.
If dad, traveling alone, then look for a cheaper route with multiple connecting flights then join with your family's return flights.
Always aim to buy flight tickets well in advance of 10weeks. Thanks.
whiteMandingo:

march ending to return mid to late april

someone suggested turkish airlines----anybody has experience with htem?..na so so bad rep i dey hear about them

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnajohnson: 5:32am On Jan 30
It was indeed.
Thank you.

TripleKMama:
What a marathon!
Congratulations to you all and special gbosa to wifey. 🎊
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mcetoh: 9:30pm On Jan 30
Hello guys.

Good evening!

My wife is pregnant and we are looking to give birth in the US. Please does anyone have information on hospitals and obgyn one can use in Oklahoma?

We have our visas, which we got before she got pregnant.

We have the usual contacts for Herman Memorial in texas but my brother lives in Oklahoma and so accommodation will be free.

I'll really appreciate any information and/or help which you guys can provide.

An expectant father.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by whiteMandingo: 2:00pm On Feb 01
Mcetoh:
Hello guys.

Good evening!

My wife is pregnant and we are looking to give birth in the US. Please does anyone have information on hospitals and obgyn one can use in Oklahoma?

We have our visas, which we got before she got pregnant.

We have the usual contacts for Herman Memorial in texas but my brother lives in Oklahoma and so accommodation will be free.

I'll really appreciate any information and/or help which you guys can provide.

An expectant father.

OKLAHOMA, not a popular birthing destination here..
what you could do is google obygys in the zipcode u intend to birth..then pencil down on a couple....find out the hospitals/places they practse......call/email them to find out their fees, and if they are willing to accept your wife and then take it from there. having a visa already makes it so much easier...

hope you have used the visa previously...would make things somewhat easier during renewal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyimaliski: 6:25am On Feb 05
MamaOO:

Appeal US visa outcome? When did they start lmao. And no, didn’t overstay. Was in the US for 2.5 months.

Sorry @mamaOo. Pls what's the story here . Why the rejection ...And when is one deemed to have overstayed ? 6 months ?

I am curious pls

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 10:32pm On Feb 05
Gdeven my pple
So I went to the interview on Jan 26, 2024 and was rejected the 3rd time. I had my first visa Jan 2014 and I stated birth and appeared very heavy, had another birth ending 2015. then 2nd visa tru drop box in 2016. Drop box for the 3rd visa in 2018 for child birth was returned and we were rejected(hubby , myself and first child) . This was that Trump admin most of those that birthed were refused. We appeared again 2019 and VO refused the 2nd time that it was beyond him. We applied in 2022 and got date Jan 2024 wch we went. VO asked wr we wr going to I said vacation Houston, somehow we landed on the birth matter again and she asked for all receipts and was typing, next she issued the blue paper and said rejection was based on the other 2 rejections. I insisted what was the reason so we address it, she said she is not in the position to guide me.
I wrote to the usatravelsoc email, insisting to know the reason for the rejections as we also don’t intend to migrate illegally as we have good income and UK and Canada visas too. The desk officer kept replying it was based on the blue paper wch is on home and financial ties. I have written d 5th mail and ended it wt the VO did not grant us a fair hearing as she can’t refuse us visas on financial ties wtout asking our source of income or looking at stmts. she is yet to respond ds 5th email
Pls what do u advise we do as some advised immigration lawyer, who knows an affordable lawyer that can handle this if it’ warrants a lawyer
Since then til now, our profile shows passport wt the embassy . Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 10:40pm On Feb 05
CoronaVirusPro:

The VO sighted a subsidized bill which you might not be aware of, and immediately concluded.

So what do we do about the subsidized bills cos for me I showed same bill in 2014 before I was granted visa and the VO advised I pay before travelling to avoid being deported
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 10:44pm On Feb 05
flourishing247:

How much did you pay? This will give people an idea on the best advice to give you.

For me I paid Hospital 4k, Dr 2700, epidural and hearing cert 1800, lab test around 400 so around 9k in Houston while 2nd birth in LA was around 6k.

Pls what do we do, appeared wt hubby and 2kids while 2 kids are citizens
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 7:00am On Feb 06
Nonkala:

For me I paid Hospital 4k, Dr 2700, epidural and hearing cert 1800, lab test around 400 so around 9k in Houston while 2nd birth in LA was around 6k.

Pls what do we do, appeared wt hubby and 2kids while 2 kids are citizens

Your bill was heavily subsidised. Find a way to pay the balance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 4:34pm On Feb 06
flourishing247:

Your bill was heavily subsidised. Find a way to pay the balance.
To whose account?
Why did the embassy gv me visa on same bill I paid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 11:24pm On Feb 06
Nonkala:

To whose account?

Rules change. I don't know how you can do this but I know someone has done it here. You can also try to think back to the first rejection. Something must have triggered the refusal. The only thing I can think of is the bill. It is too low for a non citizen. Hopefully experienced mothers will tell you what to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 2:48am On Feb 07
Nonkala:

To whose account?

6K in LA was heavy heavy heavily subsidized like the previous poster stated. Medi-Cal (California Medicaid) is very easy to bill for these providers who in turn also collect money from y’all.

I live in California and I paid almost 2K (deductible, out of pocket maximum and the rest) with insurance to birth my kids. It’s however not your fault but the fault of these providers looking to earn a quick buck. Sadly, there’s no way to pay back, Medi-Cal probably already paid on that claim.

Paying 6K in a state as expensive as California is probably what triggered the VO. Maybe give it a year or two and try again. All the best ♥️♥️

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 2:12pm On Feb 08
MamaOO:

6K in LA was heavy heavy heavily subsidized like the previous poster stated. Medi-Cal (California Medicaid) is very easy to bill for these providers who in turn also collect money from y’all.

I live in California and I paid almost 2K (deductible, out of pocket maximum and the rest) with insurance to birth my kids. It’s however not your fault but the fault of these providers looking to earn a quick buck. Sadly, there’s no way to pay back, Medi-Cal probably already paid on that claim.

Paying 6K in a state as expensive as California is probably what triggered the VO. Maybe give it a year or two and try again. All the best ♥️♥️

Thanks but ds why I waited since 2019 wch is almost 5yrs, is 9/10k also poor, my friend that introduced me to this LA has birthed 2 more in same hospital
some pple telling me to use immigration lawyer,
Who knows an affordable one.
So why can’t they tell us to go pay and open an account since then as hospital refused to collect any balance and claimed they didn’t collect any medicaid, not as if I knew about discounts before all these saga
I have been doing mails and the desk officer responding has been claiming is on sec 214(b) refusal paper I was given and am like the VO never asked about home ties and financial status
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by whiteMandingo: 3:53pm On Feb 08
TripleKMama:
Try Lufthansa and buy now once you've confirmed your dates.

Airport Transit Visa:
Passengers of Nigeria nationality may require an airport visa to transit via Germany when travelling between Nigeria and the United States and vice versa. Please check the requirements before travelling.

@ bolded, what i saw on the airlines website. wahala. if true then lufthansa 1snt an option anymore, or is it easy and cheap to obtain transit visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 3:59pm On Feb 08
whiteMandingo:

Airport Transit Visa:
Passengers of Nigeria nationality may require an airport visa to transit via Germany when travelling between Nigeria and the United States and vice versa. Please check the requirements before travelling.

@ bolded, what i saw on the airlines website. wahala. if true then lufthansa 1snt an option anymore, or is it easy and cheap to obtain transit visa?

Transit visa is not a guarantee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 2:35pm On Feb 09
I really doubt it has anything to do with how much you paid, if you check previous posts especially regarding El Paso fees,majority of people who were denied under Trump's Era were eventually granted visa's subsequently.

There are so many countries to explore and make memories it does not have to be the USA, if it really has to be the USA maybe get an immigration lawyer, they can find out what the government has on you.

Nonkala:

Thanks but ds why I waited since 2019 wch is almost 5yrs, is 9/10k also poor, my friend that introduced me to this LA has birthed 2 more in same hospital
some pple telling me to use immigration lawyer,
Who knows an affordable one.
So why can’t they tell us to go pay and open an account since then as hospital refused to collect any balance and claimed they didn’t collect any medicaid, not as if I knew about discounts before all these saga
I have been doing mails and the desk officer responding has been claiming is on sec 214(b) refusal paper I was given and am like the VO never asked about home ties and financial status

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 1:11pm On Feb 10
Somandla:
I really doubt it has anything to do with how much you paid, if you check previous posts especially regarding El Paso fees,majority of people who were denied under Trump's Era were eventually granted visa's subsequently.

There are so many countries to explore and make memories it does not have to be the USA, if it really has to be the USA maybe get an immigration lawyer, they can find out what the government has on you.

Yes wl face UK and Canada now if ticket go gree🤣
But who has an affordable immigration lawyer

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LadyIE: 9:22pm On Feb 13
Hello all, please kindly advise on the best store to shop for diapers, wipes and formula. Do we use Costco or Sam’s club. Any other store would be well appreciated.

Also, any recommendation On shipping these items to Nigeria will be well appreciated

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:38pm On Feb 13
LadyIE:
Hello all, please kindly advise on the best store to shop for diapers, wipes and formula. Do we use Costco or Sam’s club. Any other store would be well appreciated.

Also, any recommendation On shipping these items to Nigeria will be well appreciated
Amazon for water wipes they have great deals on water wipes, formula and diapers too & Sam’s club for their members mark unscented wipes
Shipping depends on state and mode of shipping, heavy items should go by ocean and it takes 12 weeks from other states but from newyork and neighboring states it’s about 6/8 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LadyIE: 10:06pm On Feb 13
Thank you. Can you recommend any shipping company?
Debbieeeeeee:

Amazon for water wipes they have great deals on water wipes, formula and diapers too & Sam’s club for their members mark unscented wipes
Shipping depends on state and mode of shipping, heavy items should go by ocean and it takes 12 weeks from other states but from newyork and neighboring states it’s about 6/8 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:52pm On Feb 13
LadyIE:
Thank you. Can you recommend any shipping company?
Newyork- ZikaExpress
Houston- Hontglobal, Cargo extra, Unpause
Irving- county cargo , splendid packaging cargo and logistics

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 8:06pm On Feb 14
Not if your transit is less than 24hrs and within the international airport area.
Thanks

whiteMandingo:

Airport Transit Visa:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by whiteMandingo: 9:51am On Feb 16
TripleKMama:
Not if your transit is less than 24hrs and within the international airport area.
Thanks

OK thanks...makes me wonder why the airline made that statement then..

anyway, i was able to get something a lil decent on ethiopian airlines. after 2 weeks of randomly actively searching

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LadyIE: 9:05pm On Feb 17
Thank you
Debbieeeeeee:

Newyork- ZikaExpress
Houston- Hontglobal, Cargo extra, Unpause
Irving- county cargo , splendid packaging cargo and logistics

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bossman(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17
Just saw this and it reminded me of this forum. It’s good to be truthful about our intentions and have enough money to cover the cost of birth. This lady was turned back at Detroit Airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRE9xSWeT48?si=hZq-Upb81gHmDBTI

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:22pm On Feb 17
Bossman:
Just saw this and it reminded me of this forum. It’s good to be truthful about our intentions and have enough money to cover the cost of birth. This lady was turned back at Detroit Airport.

Was a good watch. Her lies didn’t even make any sense.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 10:26am On Feb 20
Nigerians and their useless lies.

Also i go vex if the husband enetered USA without her. I hope he followed her on the flight

Bossman:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:50am On Feb 20
babestell:
Nigerians and their useless lies.

Also i go vex if the husband enetered USA without her. I hope he followed her on the flight
Apologies but I’m sure she’s dumb in real life because the lies didn’t even add up one single bit even a baby will see through her lie. Husband was allowed in and she was sent back.
Talking about doctor said I’m 25 weeks but me I’m sure I’m 16 weeks 😂. If she was smart she wouldn’t have shown any paper contradicting her statement, her lies were too glaring, the $10k check too they said they’re not sure money is there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.