Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,544 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision (42542 Views)

UK PM: Boris Johnson Withdraws From Race As Rishi Sunak Tipped To Succeed Truss / Liverpool Stripped Of UNESCO World Heritage Status / IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Danielalhassan66(m): 11:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Agbaletu:

It is not because of their economic interest. There was never a time Europe supported Israel. Trump's actions contributed to more votes against Israel. Everybody knows that Trump's move is political and he needs to be cut to size. Trump will never get it right if he continues this way.
and u think there is any man who can oppose trump my brother stop wasting your time whom God has bless no man can curse un should keep on wasting there time happy xmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
dhestiney:
Russia and China didn't vote? Seriously?!

And dos guys were blabbing about how china and rusia wil take over and overthrow US.
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Wallade(m): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
bedspread:
YOUR CHALLENGE RIGHT NOW IS NOT ALL THESE ARGUMENTS.... BUT TO REPENT AND ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST

You just displayed you religious bigotry again, I am a Christian but not your type. Besides, I have got nothing to prove to you about my Christian life, I am only answerable to God Almighty on that subject.

1 Like

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Wallade(m): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
bedspread:
YOUR CHALLENGE RIGHT NOW IS NOT ALL THESE ARGUMENTS.... BUT TO REPENT AND ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST

You just displayed your religious bigotry again, I am a Christian but not your type. Besides, I have got nothing to prove to you about my Christian life, I am only answerable to God Almighty on that subject.

1 Like

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by SmartyPants(m): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
Mrnairalandd:

The world doesn’t a Bleep about USA

USA is as dead as yesterday without those countries that voted against her.

USA is nothing without allies

The only reason why USA is being called world power is cos of all her allies

Take allies away from USA military and see it crumbled

USA threaten all these countries before they started voting but all these countries still went ahead to vote against USA. What does that tell you? Calling USA bluff

If USA continue like this, the rest of the world ll abandon USA dollars and USA ll pay dearly for it

Finally, the final blow to USA power is about to happen if Donald Trump step beyond his boundary again, all the allies ll close down all USA military bases in their countries.

The moment USA military bases are closed down, USA ll be like a insect to Russia.

Check the world history, USA never won any war.

Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam are all total failures

Let me burst your bubbles, in 2nd world war, What save USA from small Japan was Nuclear weapon. If Japan has one then, story would have been different today

In a normal war, Japan destroyed Pearl Harbour in less than 24hrs.

How did your almighty and sissy USA respond to that attack? Nuclear weapon. They couldn’t face a small Japan weapon to weapons.

USA is nothing without allies.

Russia hardly has an allies but hold USA by their balls

Sooner or later, all countries ll begin to tilt towards Russia which USA dread

It ll only take Russia 48hrs to crumble all the little warfares Israel is bragging about

Ordinary Hezbolla nearly crumbled Isreal Army

Crap. Total Ignorance!

1. To start with, the war in Iraq and Afghanistan had two targets: Sadam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden respectively. This were achieved so i do not know what you think you mean by saying those wars were failures.

2. The US does not actually need those allies. Having allies only makes it easier for them to do what needs to be done, but with two of the worlds largest and most capable aircraft carriers, more advanced than anythign any other country is even close tochaving, the US actually is fast losing a need for military bases.

3. Russia hardly has allies? Seriously you are a stale bowl of putrid ignorance. Have you not heard of the cold war? Russia has piles of allies all over the world.

4. "In a "normal" war Japan destroyed pearl harbor in less than 24 hours". the USA and Japan were not at war! Japan snuck up on the USA and bombed them without provocation. It was a hideous act of cowardice which they paid dearly for.

I won't even bother going through your post to respond to any other issues. You need education seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
That is the only way out and i have been saying it divide Jerusalem into two.
Doyin2:

The reason is not difficult.

Many christians are not as dogmatic and sentimental as you.

The only reason Israel has to claim Jerusalem is "GOD's promise" in the bible,written over300years after birth/death of jesus.!!

Inspired or not,human beings wrote the bible.They had their own bias and limitations.

We are not talking of religion here,the greatest mistaken thoughts of many christians.

A two state solution as per UN resolution is the way out.

West Jerusalem for Israel
East Jerusalem for Palestine

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by uvalued(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
heendrix:
#iStandwithisrael
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by dhestiney(m): 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ahamefuna0001:

And dos guys were blabbing about how china and rusia wil take over and overthrow US.
bros, check very well, China and Russia voted against Israel and the US
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by resurgentxtian4: 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
Doyin2:

The reason is not difficult.

Many christians are not as dogmatic and sentimental as you.

The only reason Israel has to claim Jerusalem is "GOD's promise" in the bible,written over300years after birth/death of jesus.!!

Inspired or not,human beings wrote the bible.They had their own bias and limitations.

We are not talking of religion here,the greatest mistaken thoughts of many christians.

A two state solution as per UN resolution is the way out.

West Jerusalem for Israel
East Jerusalem for Palestine

Unfortunately, Jerusalem cannot be divided as it is the eternal capital of Israel. Why don’t you muslims start the war already?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by heendrix(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Like the US doesn't benefit from being a Super power. Let them leave and watch rivals gladly fill in the space. Imagine if Nigeria and OPEC nations decides to dumb the US Dollars as the international currency and trade with Euro or other currency instead? And watch as the value of toilet papers become even more valuable than the dollars. Iraq tried to do this and they invaded it on pretense of weapon of Mass destruction. They can't play that card again especially as all their European allies and OPEC nations voted against them. Europe will gladly welcome our move to sell oil in Euros or pounds. The US invaded Iraq because of a nonexistence weapon of mass destruction but can't invade North Korea because unlike Iraq they actually HAVE weapons of mass destruction. They have their bases on South Korea, Japan, the Philippines all who voted against them including North Korea, Imagine the threat level on the US if Asians decides not to work with America on the issue of North Korea, Imagine if they actually formed an alliance? Because i can't fathom how a South Korean will prefer some Caucasians thousands of miles away who doesn't look like them, Talk like them or even speak the same language over their blood neighbours who have been sharing an Island with them for centuries.

And don't even get me started about China who are always ready, full throttle, steady standby to seize opportunities. Already the world(Especially the developing ones) are already looking towards China. Trump and the US will make this even much easier for them to take the stage. And don't forget Russia also. When one person feels he or his service is too special for the world, A thousands more arise to prove him wrong!

The average Palestinians parents are Palestinians, Grand parents were Palestinians, Great great grand parents were fûcking Palestinians! But ask a so called Israelite and he will be like My father is a Jew from Germany, My mother is a Jew from Russia, My grand parents are from Poland. Bullshîts!

story! story !! if it were easy as you listed out they would have all left US so bro before you come here ranting rubbish in form of wisdom go advance in knowledge or go read more. thanks

1 Like

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Doyin2(m): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

Unfortunately, Jerusalem cannot be divided as it is the eternal capital of Israel. Why don’t you muslims start the war already?

Another bigot spotted.

No intelligence but bigotry.

Is UN resolution on a two state solution,a Muslim resolution?

The earlier you realise that the issue of occupied territories,goes beyond religion,the better for your life.

How safe would. the. World be if every country flouts UN resolution at will.

So a unifying UN should die because of Israel?

Idiot.

The same idiots will quote UN resolution and respect for human rights,on other issues not involving Israel.
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Luckily many of them are Igbos and they want Biafra, You can't even begin to imagine the irony lol smiley.

Dnt you knw dat the Igbos are jews , so they must support their kith and kin same way buhari and his fulani brodas are supportin their kith and kin, the palestinians. good niqht sir.
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by braivheart: 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
Mrnairalandd:

Trust me, USA is nothing without Nuclear weapon

And that’s why they are panicking over North Korea

They know if other countries have Nuclear weapon,!they ll be threatening USA too if USA threaten them.
I guess their economic success can be attributed to nuclear weapons too
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by nextstep(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
careytommy7:

You call it a joke. Try and find out the major budgetary donors before typing trash.

Anyways, it's a good thing. The US has been looking to leave the UN for decades and this Jerusalem brouhaha seems to be the perfect decoy.

The world needs the US. The US does not need the rest of the world.

It's hard to have a high GDP and exert influence when you annoy your allies and bully your friends. Who buys US airliners, CPUs, software, and movies, among many exports? If the world decides as one to desert the US, they'd be hard pressed to continue their saber rattling. Frankly, Ambassador Haley's speech - i.e. Trumps' speech - is quite insulting to their staunch allies (who probably understand that this is just the Trump way of doing things, not necessarily the US as a whole) and can't wait to see this bull voted out the china shop.

Speaking of, China is quietly making friends, including on the African continent, growing its capabilities in many fields - and has become a net creditor to the world - while America remains belligerent, resting on its laurels and refusing to get along with others. Historians might note 2017 as a turning point in the fortunes of the US if it continues in this unprecedented lack of appreciation for others, and for matters that need more subtlety.
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by nextstep(m): 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Like the US doesn't benefit from being a Super power. Let them leave and watch rivals gladly fill in the space. Imagine if Nigeria and OPEC nations decides to dumb the US Dollars as the international currency and trade with Euro or other currency instead? And watch as the value of toilet papers become even more valuable than the dollars. Iraq tried to do this and they invaded it on pretense of weapon of Mass destruction. They can't play that card again especially as all their European allies and OPEC nations voted against them. Europe will gladly welcome our move to sell oil in Euros or pounds. The US invaded Iraq because of a nonexistence weapon of mass destruction but can't invade North Korea because unlike Iraq they actually HAVE weapons of mass destruction. They have their bases on South Korea, Japan, the Philippines all who voted against them including North Korea, Imagine the threat level on the US if Asians decides not to work with America on the issue of North Korea, Imagine if they actually formed an alliance? Because i can't fathom how a South Korean will prefer some Caucasians thousands of miles away who doesn't look like them, Talk like them or even speak the same language over their blood neighbours who have been sharing an Island with them for centuries.

And don't even get me started about China who are always ready, full throttle, steady standby to seize opportunities. Already the world(Especially the developing ones) are already looking towards China. Trump and the US will make this even much easier for them to take the stage. And don't forget Russia also. When one person feels he or his service is too special for the world, A thousands more arise to prove him wrong!

The average Palestinians parents are Palestinians, Grand parents were Palestinians, Great great grand parents were fûcking Palestinians! But ask a so called Israelite and he will be like My father is a Jew from Germany, My mother is a Jew from Russia, My grand parents are from Poland. Bullshîts!

Well done. Please talk some sense into these people here...

1 Like

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Standardcosting(m): 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
Wallade:

Finally, he speaks but rather sentimental and unintelligently as expected. Anyway, you can stay deceived if you wish
He doesn't have to wish for deception.... He's inherently deceived by default
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by dieBYfire: 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
Idrismusty97:

In your mind you made sense, but bro all you typed are trash! Dollar is even very strong in the Arab World..
Dump dollar? undecided Do you this you talking APC PDP here?( undecided
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by dieBYfire: 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Take what belongs to them? The average Palestinians parents are Palestinians living in Palestine before Zionist bigot Jews came, Grand parents were Palestinians living in Palestine before Zionist Jews bigots came, Great great grand parents were fûcking Palestinians livning in Palestine! But ask a so called Israelite and he will be like My father is a Jew from Germany, My mother is a Jew from Russia, My grand parents are from Poland. Bullshîts!

My friend keep quiet ! Go and claim it for the Palestinians nah! Isreal will soon be setting up military bases in Palestine , hoisting her flag and US wil support...and those nations who won't wanna severe there ties with USA will also support! U need Isreal is Nigeria abi....
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
dhestiney:
bros, check very well, China and Russia voted against Israel and the US

They are among the 35 countries that abstained.
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
dieBYfire:

In your mind you made sense, but bro all you typed are trash! Dollar is even very strong in the Arab World..
Dump dollar? undecided Do you this you talking APC PDP here?( undecided

Didnt buhari signed some Mou with the chinese and promised to patronise their yuan, wheres the yuan nw?
The fact is that no currency can beat the dollar in the international marketg.
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Solorrman(m): 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
Saaruman:
There's no point to remain in an organization surrounded by enemies.
Jerusalem shall and will continue to be the capital of ISREAL forever!

#IStandWithIsreal
that means there will never be peace forever and ever #istandwithpalastine 7000 percent
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by benebaby77: 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
careytommy7:

You call it a joke. Try and find out the major budgetary donors before typing trash.

Anyways, it's a good thing. The US has been looking to leave the UN for decades and this Jerusalem brouhaha seems to be the perfect decoy.

The world needs the US. The US does not need the rest of the world.

What if US allies stopped being allied? What if the rest of the world gang up agaist the UD? What if the majority of UN members leave US to its isolation? What if UN pronounce that Euro & RMB would be international currencies?

Just the other countries, US needs the rest of the world
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by rhames(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
Iblad0994:

Have you ever asked yourself why majority of the UN members oppose the move of the United States?

Let’s forget about history embedded in holy books and focus on the present reality of the new days.

This present state of Israel is a creation of the UN and there is a resolution binding that creation as to adopt a certain agreement of a two- state solution to the issue about Jerusalem.

Most UN members are against trump not because they want to favor Palestine or the Muslims but they are just fighting for common sense and humanity.

Just go on google and read about the creation of this present state of Israel.

Thank God I finally found someone who did not turn this into a religious issue.

1 Like

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Solorrman(m): 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
fineboynl:
those European country that voted against Israel are considering their economic interest in Muslim world. one of the reason they kept Nigeria in this mess.

trump might not be popular but i love this man.
)yes thats exactly what trump said that the blacks must be re colonise they but animals,u are one u must love him and lick his ass to fullfil the trump propercy
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Mrnairalandd: 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
braivheart:

I guess their economic success can be attributed to nuclear weapons too

What economic success

Divide $10 by $100 and tell me what the result is. This is the situation of USA economy, the debt of USA alone is out of this world. A country with an economy worth 2 trillion but borrowing over 7trillion year in year out

The debt of USA is in a stage America govt and monetary organisations are not even asking USA to service it again.

The debt of USA to China alone is over multiple Dollars in trillions.
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Solorrman(m): 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
victorioushands:
Jerusalem will not be divided. It's Israel's capital. Trump is blessed for this but those who oppose it are not. May there be peace in Jerusalem.
we are talking abt men not u who if getting a chance would kill anybody alive on earth,it was not ur father that chooses jerusalem if it was him there would never be human being on earth. There shall never b peace in jerusalem as long as israel would force its way to claim the whole jerusalem
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by dhestiney(m): 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ahamefuna0001:

They are among the 35 countries that abstained.
No they are not. Do a proper research on Google abeg. Russia, China and 126 other countries voted against the US wishes, they were not among the 35 that abstained
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by ameh99: 12:00am On Dec 25, 2017
I just kahk here dey watch.....

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Solorrman(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2017
Amarabae:
Jerusalem is Israel land.
#period
WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT A BLACK MONKEY NOW,WE TALK OF SENSE U ARE TALKING AS IF U WERE AROUND THE TIME THAT ISRAEL DOMINATE THE SITE

2 Likes

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2017
Idrismusty97:

GOD BLESS YOU! smiley

More fuel to the engine of your intellect, and more grease to the gears of your thoughts. Very well said! wink

1 Like

Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by Yusman316(m): 12:10am On Dec 25, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Idrismusty97, are you daft?! Bill Clinton acknowledged Jerusalem, George Bush acknowledged Jerusalem, and Barack Obama recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel! The actions of President Trump are the actions of President Clinton who signed the Bill 20 years ago! History, archaeology, the Bible, and the koran all prove Jerusalem belongs to Israel! The Bible mentions Jerusalem over 600 times, the koran doesn’t mention Al-Quds once! The ones acting as road blocks to peace are Hamas and Fatah! POTUS Donald Trump gets this, the potential next president of US after Trump, Ambassador Nikki Haley and the other nine ambassadors get this, you’re too bloody bigoted to get this!

America was not made and isn't here today by way of cowards. It's through strength that they developed into the country that they are today. That was lost somewhat from 2009 to 2016 under Barack Obama, but that's in the past because through Donald Trump, USA is respected once again. Trump did great things that the other president did not dare to do and Finally the United States has a brave president.

Can you imagine what people like Putin would do to Europe without the US presence? Can you imagine what China would do to Taiwan? Can you imagine what North Korea would do to South Korea? Iran to Saudi Arabia? Turkey to Cyprus? The truth is, without USA, most countries would've cease to exist by now.

Nikki Haley is absolutely right!!! First, the U.S. can locate its embassy for Israel wherever it wants; and secondly, the world needs to know that the votes of the UN isn't not going to change the REALITY because Jerusalem will always be the capital of Israel.
Do u know any country where other countries ve their embassies in different states? The US can go ahead and site it embassy in Jerusalem but can't force others to follow suite
Re: Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision by bestpunterever: 12:10am On Dec 25, 2017
Doyin2:

Another bigot spotted.

No intelligence but bigotry.

Is UN resolution on a two state solution,a Muslim resolution?

The earlier you realise that the issue of occupied territories,goes beyond religion,the better for your life.

How safe would. the. World be if every country flouts UN resolution at will.

So a unifying UN should die because of Israel?

Idiot.

The same idiots will quote UN resolution and respect for human rights,on other issues not involving Israel.

don't mind those idiots, they hardly watch news channels to know that palestinian christian exist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Explosion Cripples Iran Oil Refinery Hours After Fire Sinks Its Largest Warship / We Did Not Try To Overthrow Putin & Russian Army- Wagner Group Boss Speaks (Pix) / Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.