Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

When Was Jesus Truly Born? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (13541 Views)

Did Jesus Truly Died To Save Everybody On Earth / Did Jesus Truly Go Up In His Physical Body Like Rocket Going Into Other Planets? / Is Jesus Truly God? Mark 1:35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by boliswitpassprik(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
Edenoscar2:

You who believe christ was born on dec with no evidence, virgins giving birth have a brain that runs on what,snapdragon?

see this fool O
your foolishness too much,where dem get you from?
I sure say na Olx dem buy you or Libyan market..one of the two!

did you see me say anything about Christ being born December?

take care O,before two atomic bombs go fire your left balls,idiot! shocked
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by EvilMetahuman: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
[s]
Leonbonapart:
thought you are evil. Never knew you are afraid. Cursed fellow
[/s]

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by legislatively: 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
The truth is that, the romans are forcing us to celebrate a Roman god, not the Messiah

Whom we celebrate today is a roman god, not the Messiah.

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Theboss100(m): 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
SOFTENGR:
Nice right-up I would have said, but the conclusion is self defeating.

Your conclusion should have agreed with the main point: "Given the difficulties and the desire to bring pagans into Christianity, "the important fact then . . . to get clearly into your head is that the fixing of the date as December 25th was a compromise with paganism" (William Walsh, The Story of Santa Klaus, 1970, p. 62)"
That's true. I support ur point. Infact it was a date set aside every year to honor a roman goddess. Indirectly many Christians are taking part in such pagan practice. Inddeed, apostle Paul said my people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Theboss100(m): 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus does not have a birth date because Jesus never existed, at least not the Jesus the Hole-ly BuyBull describes

The core of Christianity—the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman who brings salvation—was also the core of other ancient religions that began at least a thousand years before Jesus.

Heaven, hell, prophecy, daemon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, communion with God through a holy meal, the Holy Spirit, monotheism, immortality of the soul, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture. Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more.

When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When the sacred rites of Demeter at Eleusis are described as bringing believers happiness in their eternal life, we understand that as a myth.

In fact, when ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth.

When the Pythia, the priestess at the Oracle at Delphi, in Greece, prophesied, and over and over again for a thousand years the prophecies came true, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus believers are filled withatay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth.

When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Scipio Africanus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

So how come when Jesus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, according to prophecy, turning water into wine, raising girls from the dead, and healing blind men with his spittle, and setting it up so His believers got eternal life in Heaven contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, and off to Hades—er, I mean Hell—for the bad folks... how come that's not a myth?

That's just trash. Ur nothing more than a Pharisee
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
Anyways, I believe Jesus was born someday. But I never believed a god can ever be born like an animal. A god cannot have lived in a human womb or suck milk from a breast. A god could not have been helpless at birth thereby needing some of his creations to protect him from his enemies. A god cannot be tempted by Satan one of his creations. And finally, god was humiliated and then killed by a joint effort of humans and death, his creations.

A God ought to be above all this, I think.

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by DonBobes(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
Dats y most churches don't say MERRY XMAS but say SEASONS GREETINGS!
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by acehood907(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
The account of the birth of Jesus follows the Quran's narrative, adding that the birth occurred in Bethlehem beside a palm tree with a manger.[20]
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by RedboneSmith(m): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
Jesus probably existed. But anyone who thinks the accounts in the Gospels are accurate enough to offer any hints about the probable month of his birth is not even serious.

1 Like

Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
we believe in all the prophets that were born before u oh muhammed(saw)-abraham,harun,moses, jesus and we make no distinction between them.indeed,all of them were sent to their people bringing glad tidings and admonishing them to follow them if the people want to meet their lord.
Indeed,all the prophets-abraham,harun,moses,jesus etc before you carried the same message to their people to believe in one God(monotheism) and not follow the devil in order to be successful in this life and the next life
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by MrCEO69(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
medacares:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

IF JESUS WAS BORN 25th OF DECEMBER AS YOU BELIEVE. &
IF JESUS IS GOD AS YOU BELIEVE.
THEN WHO WAS GOD BEFORE 25th OF DECEMBER

LOL.. Funny and stupid question... why do u v to mk it seem u dn know abt trinity.. wen u read abt the nature of Jesus then u modify ur question that is if u vnt already found an answer to ur question ursef.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Julivas(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
john1035:
Sorry to burst your bubble, Jesus was never born. No evidence to prove it. Virgin birth is as impossible as Obatanla using a chicken to create earth and dividing lands from waters.
Apostles John in the making. Jesus Christ will minister to you very soon. Prepare to take the mantle.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Julivas(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Anyways, I believe Jesus was born someday. But I never believed a god can ever be born like an animal. A god cannot have lived in a human womb or suck milk from a breast. A god could not have been helpless at birth thereby needing some of his creations to protect him from his enemies. A god cannot be tempted by Satan one of his creations. And finally, god was humiliated and then killed by a joint effort of humans and death, his creations.

A God ought to be above all this, I think.

Yes, He is God, no doubt about that. He has all the power to protect Himself, but He chose to be humble in order for him to fulfil His father's plan for our Salvation.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus does not have a birth date because Jesus never existed, at least not the Jesus the Hole-ly BuyBull describes

The core of Christianity—the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman who brings salvation—was also the core of other ancient religions that began at least a thousand years before Jesus.

Heaven, hell, prophecy, daemon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, communion with God through a holy meal, the Holy Spirit, monotheism, immortality of the soul, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture. Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more.

When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When the sacred rites of Demeter at Eleusis are described as bringing believers happiness in their eternal life, we understand that as a myth.

In fact, when ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth.

When the Pythia, the priestess at the Oracle at Delphi, in Greece, prophesied, and over and over again for a thousand years the prophecies came true, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus believers are filled withatay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth.

When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Scipio Africanus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

So how come when Jesus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, according to prophecy, turning water into wine, raising girls from the dead, and healing blind men with his spittle, and setting it up so His believers got eternal life in Heaven contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, and off to Hades—er, I mean Hell—for the bad folks... how come that's not a myth?

I don't get you in all of this.....if Jesus never existed why is it that his name is above all other names and even demons and evil spirits tremble and now when his name is mention....why dnt they bow down to these names you mention above? well weather you say he does not exist or not...he is still making fishers of men.....he is a wonder working God!
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:23am On Dec 26, 2017
Julivas:

Yes, He is God, no doubt about that. He has all the power to protect Himself, but He chose to be humble in order for him to fulfil His father's plan for our Salvation.

I still don't understand! Your God get father? He could protect himself yet was humble and let's others protect him! That's hypocrisy!
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by john1035: 8:00am On Dec 26, 2017
Enmas078:

your point is educative, but not convincing....

how did u knw that 2+2=4?....try to be objective if you don't knw what to say...
I know what 2 is and I know what 4 is too.
I know numbers; 2 are made of 2 units and 4; 4 units.

So, I know how how it was arrived at and it makes perfect sense.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by john1035: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2017
helpishere:

Is once had the same thoughts about Jesus until I asked God to reveal to me who Jesus is. Then one fateful evening, the bible was opened and all that was written about the Son of God was exposed but from the beginning of creation. In Exodus 23.20, he was described as the Angel of God that will bear the name of God and speak the words that God told him to speak. That he will not forgive sins if provoked . In Exodus 24, he was seen as the God of Israel and he ate with the elders and did not lay his hands on any of them. In Exodus 33, the bible stated that the Lord spake with Moses as a man speak with his friend and yet in the same chapter, Moses was told that he cannot see the Lord's face and live. In Gen. 19, v24 the bible told us that then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorahis, brimestone and fire from the Lord out of heaven. It was recorded that Abraham walked with God and in Gen 18 v16 -22, the Lord while walking with Abraham on their way to Sodom . The Lord of host, the Holy one of Israel claimed that Israel was his Inheritance and if truly the God almighty inherited Israel, is it possible for anyone to inherit what belong to you . Can you inherit your house? Jesus is not a myth but the history has been twisted that the location has been changed. The first proof is this. The land that was promised according to the bible was a land the drinketh the rain from heaven and not an irrigated land. Is Israel not irrigated? MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.
Fallacy.

God is the only true God.

How did you know?

The Bible told me so.

Who wrote the Bible?

People inspired by God.

Appeal to authority.

Obatanla created the earth.

How did I know?

The Yoruba tradition says so...
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Enmas078(m): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2018
john1035:
I know what 2 is and I know what 4 is too. I know numbers; 2 are made of 2 units and 4; 4 units.
So, I know how how it was arrived at and it makes perfect sense.
how did you knw that 2 is a unit?
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by Omoikarekimire(m): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]saying some thing doesnt mean you believe in it you mor0n..

if i say na ghost go kill you, does that mean i believe in ghosts?

You are an astounding fool.
Re: When Was Jesus Truly Born? by sonmvayina(m): 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
goodheart02:

Don't mind the idiots claiming satanist or antichrist just to feel like a philosopher. When the real antichrist emerges now they melt away. Bloody scumbags!!

I am antithanos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.