Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (22002 Views)

Can I Study Nursing As My Masters Degree After Studying Botany? / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by lade007(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:
Please I apply for MBBS in Bayero University Kano (BUK) with Jamb score of 263 and post Jamb with 272 and my average was 267.5. I heard some good grade in my O'Level result with,
1. English: B3
2. Mathematics: B3
3. Physics: A1
4. Biology: A1
5. Chemistry: C4.
I was expecting at least medical related courses, unfortunately they shift me from MBBS to Botany. Please what can I do with Botany because I don't want to loose another year again?

Thanks for your good suggestion!

Please if you don't have any positive suggestion to contribute just ignore it.

I would advice you take another jamb and reapply for Medicine. Talking from experience you might not be able to change your course in 200L. I would also advice you check some countries with affordable medical school such as Romania and Ukraine...it is not as expensive as some private Universities in Nigeria. I have friends that finished from such schools and are doing well in their medical field across Europe. If medicine is your dream do everything legitimate you can to get it
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Almost1122: 11:32am On Dec 28, 2017
LasoulMacuby:
Looking at the current situation IN Nigeria where even getting admission into your preferred course of study even after scoring all the high makes will make make me advise you to hold to the admission you have now. I may be wrong, but in 2005 I applied for law at Abu Zaria, was given Mass. Comm which I outrightly rejected because I felt cheated after scoring 289 in jamb, and having a very good grade in the Post-Ume. I started a Diploma in Law program at the Benue State University, Makurdi. I wrote the next Jamb, whilst running my diploma program yet the Civil law still evaded me. This time I was push to English and Literary studies.
My humble submission is if you can afford to wait and write the next jamb, it's not a bad idea, but how sure are you about still getting the admissions into your heart desired MbbS?

My plan is that, if I can come out with first class in my 100L so that if they could allow me to switch to "Medical Radiography" I will also happy! Thanks alot for your time!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by juchifroot: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2017
oh boy , for the MBBS to happen, you need to know somebody nii. Go with the botany first
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Almost1122: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2017
phoenix90:
My brother don't you dare study Botany, the course will leave you nowhere after graduation. You may decide to take it as a temporary measure to leave home and have a taste of undergraduate life. But study for your jamb with vigor and retake the exams. If possible after your first year in botany you can apply for change of department to MBBS, make enquiries on the procedure for such. There are thousand and one great courses to prepare one for a great life after school but Botany ain't one of them. Yours sincerely studied Botany and I know the anguish my classmates and I are passing through. Look for better courses like Medical Lab sciences, Biochemistry, Radiography, Biotechnology and geology. You'll be happy you did.

Thanks alot!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Almost1122: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2017
zakari247:
oh please, I wonder wat you intend to get by this cuz buk have not released it admission yet but for the utme merit list. so there is no way you will be given such a cause on merit list if at all you appeared there. I applied MBBS too, I didn't find my name on merit list but I'm very to find it on the complementary list which will be out by next week or maybe earlier. if truely they must take you out from that cause with that score you stated at least you will be either dentistry, radiography, nursing or if they hate you so much you will atleat get anatomy or physiology or may be biochemistry or microbiology. but I think you are lying.

I swear by God, you can verify it yourself to know the reality.
Jamb reg: 75671437CH

3 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Almost1122: 11:44am On Dec 28, 2017
Debra911:
Dear, pls don't give up on ur passion, keep striving, its not a matter of aw far but how well. Most medical students u see today didn't just get there as easy as u think, they av their stories to tell, many paid lots of sacrifices to get there, they did this,not because they don't av many other options or know abt more profitable jobs(like ppl working in shell or big oil companies...) to switch to rather than wasting money rewriting jamb,

No, they kept on striving because of the passion they have for the profession and the desire to be fulfilled. The truth is if u don't av PASSION for this course called medicine, u might regret going into it and want to give up along the way, by wishing u were in botany. So if it's truly wat u want, pls kip striving and nva give up, nothing good comes easy.

About the course botany, u can take it to get much experience dat will help u in writing the next jamb pretty well, u might get a better score dat will help u tru next year,nva be distracted with campus life and advice from roommates, even if u fall, pls do rise again for wat u love never give up. Don't be distracted by wat you hear, u should know this s ur life, if u rise, u rise alone and if u fall, u fall alone, none will help, we've got one life to live not two. I have my own stories to tell and I'm glad today dat I nva gave up. I don't know aw to get it to FP, but u can read it on ds blog, www.marastrove.com. Tnx to d owner of d blog.

The idea of switching from botany to medsurg in 2nd s nva an easy thing, even wen ur gp s high, I can't give advice on that cos it hardly work for students who go tru dat means.

Wish you the best in all your endeavors!!!

Thanks alot. Good advice!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Kpeshi10(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:
Please I apply for MBBS in Bayero University Kano (BUK) with Jamb score of 263 and post Jamb with 272 and my average was 267.5. I heard some good grade in my O'Level result with,
I was expecting at least medical related courses, unfortunately they shift me from MBBS to Botany. Please what can I do with Botany because I don't want to loose another year again?
Bro, same with me last year, applied MBBS in Unimaid, but was given General Agriculture.... I accepted the admission, started d 100Lvl, i then applied 4 remedial and registered JAMB while doing d 100lvl Agric. Remedial offered me admission this year..
Now am proudly a MBBS 1 student..
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 28, 2017
Botany keh!

Better go and buy a new JAMB form...or you will regret it for the rest of your life.
Do something else, Nigeria where even Doctors are struggling to survive, it's now Botany you want to do!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

My plan is that, if I can come out with first class in my 100L so that if they could allow me to switch to "Medical Radiography" I will also happy! Thanks alot for your time!

lol, unfortunately, there's no guidance and counselling unit.
Radiography and medicine are completely different fields
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2017
Dasherz:
Lol .. Good morning
esiere. idemmfo?
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by travelpoint: 11:59am On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

In Nigeria some courses or professions are not marketable. Looking at job markets you will agree with me
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by travelpoint: 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
MrEgghead:
First and foremost,accept the admission..You may have the options of transferring to medicine after 100L next year or taking another jamb Utme while in 100L
Difficult task
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Jhaysegz(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
Kampack:
Never under-estimate any course! Do you realize that the current Vice-Chancellor of UNILAG studied Botany?

I'll advice you to take the course seriously, excel in it. If you can, make a first class, do an MSc & PhD afterwards and the sky is your limit.

Again, never underestimate any course!
so d vc of unilag is now d richest man in the world ..my brother , next time cite good examples.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Gr8amechi: 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

have been in your position before, it takes a very dedicated soul to move on and still get back to medicine.
My advice do not go for the admission, sit-down prepare for another jamb and ask questions about other schools and your chances of getting medicine.
You score wasn't too bad and I don't understand why they gave you botany. If medicine is your dream don't go for any related course or you may end up not living a fulfilling life. Medicine is achievable all that's needed is more efforts more work and everything will fall in place

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Spaceclenzy1(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
If your Truly sure that score is urs, both the post utme and Jamb... I will advise you to visit the school admission block and complain or the Dean of Health sciences... Normally they listens to complaints like that... Jst give it a trial

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Deckline(m): 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
lizzypro:
Just go with the course for now, 365 days no be small thing .You can apply next year again .. sad
Na so e easy. MBBS to Botany. I swear,i will stay back instead of wasting money,time and my destiny. This life is not a joke o. 1 year can make or mar you for the rest of your life. Choose wisely. You won't be the first to forfeit admission neither will you be the last. You should never go for botany when your dream is medicine except if you don't know what you want.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
My brother, stay focused. Don't ever put in for botany because you can never get fulfilment there. Microbiology, Biochemistry and the likes are overrated courses not to talk of botany.
With the above result, try again. Burn more night candles, give all and choose a university with less competition like UNIMED, Ondo and some other universities. Don't give up on your dreams, hold on to it. Your destiny is in your hands. See you at the top.

2 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Kampack: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jhaysegz:
so d vc of unilag is now d richest man in the world ..my brother , next time cite good examples.

Sorry! You read the best course on planet earth & You're absolutely richer than he is!

My bro, next time borrow sense before typing.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
smiley
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Dasherz(f): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
Idem assong

Abadie?
rafa9:
esiere. idemmfo?
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by lookingfly: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
My only advice to you is to go for a course that you will be self reliant when you finish and be able to set up something for your self considering the economic situation of the country. You may be in love with mbbs, but ask ur self why you are going for that course? Is it the passion to save lives or you feel it pays well? Cos if you think the second option is the reason, then you're wrong.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by MrEgghead(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
travelpoint:

Difficult task
There's no difficulty if he truly has passion for Medicine.
The only barricade is the parents financial stance..
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dasherz:
Idem assong
Abadie?
idiokeh
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Luckypiero(m): 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

It depends on you.. Do you have interest in Agriculture? This might just be a blessing in disguise. Look inward, you might find Botany the right place for you. Good bless dear. Dr Nwi-ue Lucky BF
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by sweettease(f): 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
Tlaw01:

You gave up zoology for w@?
Nursing and I've not struggled to get a job, I earn over twice what most of my friends that settled for less are earning and that's not counting the ones that don't have a job, and I have opportunities in different parts of the world if the plan is to settle outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by SamsonJohn743(m): 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

Accept then get transfer form at the end of 100 level to another department but mind you,it wouldn't be mbbs anymore.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
if I were you, I will never accept the Botany!!! changing course in Nigerian university is not beans ooo.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by kraftyiyk: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
grin

@Obstead 200, yes i said good medical school in the philippines!

I think u r the guy who belived in internet cause i gave him my advice based on first hand experience, have u been to the philippines? The ans is an obvious NO from your replies. ...i said it and i will still repeat it, there are better med schools in philippines than most Niger med schools and i stand to be corrected! If ever u have left the shores of Nigeria you wont have exposed your ignorance to public view.

You dont come online to insult people you meet randonmy cause u had access to cheap data.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by xeros20(m): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
I will advice u not to do botany. better rewrite jamb.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by faridpac2: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

bro forget about botany even anatomy or physiology jst try medical lab, Nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by preciousnobel(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
Debra911:
Dear, pls don't give up on ur passion, keep striving, its not a matter of aw far but how well. Most medical students u see today didn't just get there as easy as u think, they av their stories to tell, many paid lots of sacrifices to get there, they did this,not because they don't av many other options or know abt more profitable jobs(like ppl working in shell or big oil companies...) to switch to rather than wasting money rewriting jamb,

No, they kept on striving because of the passion they have for the profession and the desire to be fulfilled. The truth is if u don't av PASSION for this course called medicine, u might regret going into it and want to give up along the way, by wishing u were in botany. So if it's truly wat u want, pls kip striving and nva give up, nothing good comes easy.

About the course botany, u can take it to get much experience dat will help u in writing the next jamb pretty well, u might get a better score dat will help u tru next year,nva be distracted with campus life and advice from roommates, even if u fall, pls do rise again for wat u love never give up. Don't be distracted by wat you hear, u should know this s ur life, if u rise, u rise alone and if u fall, u fall alone, none will help, we've got one life to live not two. I have my own stories to tell and I'm glad today dat I nva gave up. I don't know aw to get it to FP, but u can read it on ds blog, www.marastrove.com. Tnx to d owner of d blog.

The idea of switching from botany to medsurg in 2nd s nva an easy thing, even wen ur gp s high, I can't give advice on that cos it hardly work for students who go tru dat means.

Wish you the best in all your endeavors!!!
' Read your story... What are you doing with a degree in medical physiology now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Comprehensive School Students Receive E-learning Tablets / Strike: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest, Storm Oba Of Benin's Palace (Photos) / UTME: JAMB Scraps Awaiting Results Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.