Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (21996 Views)

Can I Study Nursing As My Masters Degree After Studying Botany? / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Tlaw01(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
sweettease:

Nursing and I've not struggled to get a job, I earn over twice what most of my friends that settled for less are earning and that's not counting the ones that don't have a job, and I have opportunities in different parts of the world if the plan is to settle outside Nigeria.
True... Nursing has more prospects than Zoology but zoology has its relevance too.. I am a graduate of zoology... I wanted to switch too but wasn't possible.... I currently work for an oil company and a consultant to some more... I specialized on Toxicology ...i don't regret a bit studying zoology.... W@ really counts is determination

2 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Skyken99(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
[
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Skyken99(m): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
[
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by shiffynaani(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:

lol, unfortunately, there's no guidance and counselling unit.
Radiography and medicine are completely different fields
how Are They Different, Sir? Can I Fill Medicine And Surgery In Jamb If I Want To Do Pathology, Sir? Pls Answer
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
shiffynaani:
how Are They Different, Sir? Can I Fill Medicine And Surgery In Jamb If I Want To Do Pathology, Sir? Pls Answer

Since you don't have a counsellor, Use wikipedia to find out what Pathology is all about. You can only be a Pathologist after you finish medical school
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by FA13(m): 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
Debra911:
Dear, pls don't give up on ur passion, keep striving, its not a matter of aw far but how well. Most medical students u see today didn't just get there as easy as u think, they av their stories to tell, many paid lots of sacrifices to get there, they did this,not because they don't av many other options or know abt more profitable jobs(like ppl working in shell or big oil companies...) to switch to rather than wasting money rewriting jamb,

No, they kept on striving because of the passion they have for the profession and the desire to be fulfilled. The truth is if u don't av PASSION for this course called medicine, u might regret going into it and want to give up along the way, by wishing u were in botany. So if it's truly wat u want, pls kip striving and nva give up, nothing good comes easy.

About the course botany, u can take it to get much experience dat will help u in writing the next jamb pretty well, u might get a better score dat will help u tru next year,nva be distracted with campus life and advice from roommates, even if u fall, pls do rise again for wat u love never give up. Don't be distracted by wat you hear, u should know this s ur life, if u rise, u rise alone and if u fall, u fall alone, none will help, we've got one life to live not two. I have my own stories to tell and I'm glad today dat I nva gave up. I don't know aw to get it to FP, but u can read it on ds blog, www.marastrove.com. Tnx to d owner of d blog.

The idea of switching from botany to medsurg in 2nd s nva an easy thing, even wen ur gp s high, I can't give advice on that cos it hardly work for students who go tru dat means.

Wish you the best in all your endeavors!!!

Nice write up.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by shiffynaani(m): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:

Since you don't have a counsellor, Use wikipedia to find out what Pathology is all about. You can only be a Pathologist after you finish medical school
Thanks. But My Main Point Is, If I Want To Study Pathology, Will I Go For Medicine And Surgery In Jamb. Pls Answer
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
shiffynaani:
Thanks. But My Main Point Is, If I Want To Study Pathology, Will I Go For Medicine And Surgery In Jamb. Pls Answer

yes

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Debra911(f): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
preciousnobel:

' Read your story... What are you doing with a degree in medical physiology now?
I'm sure u read all and not half way.
My university just started medsurge and we are much advantaged. The reason for d story is to inspire and not that I'm yet in medsurge, I changed from art to sciences no matter d cost, read all pls...
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by sweettease(f): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
Tlaw01:

True... Nursing has more prospects than Zoology but zoology has its relevance too.. I am a graduate of zoology... I wanted to switch too but wasn't possible.... I currently work for an oil company and a consultant to some more... I specialized on Toxicology ...i don't regret a bit studying zoology.... W@ really counts is determination
Someone like you will do good anywhere, irrespective of the course, zoology or Orthopaedic surgery, forget the destiny BS, determination goes a long way like you stated but like they say, even though the rich also cry, it's easier to cry in a Lamborghini.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by shiffynaani(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:

yes
ok, Thanks Sir
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by doctorregular01(m): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:
Please I apply for MBBS in Bayero University Kano (BUK) with Jamb score of 263 and post Jamb with 272 and my average was 267.5. I heard some good grade in my O'Level result with,
1. English: B3
2. Mathematics: B3
3. Physics: A1
4. Biology: A1
5. Chemistry: C4.
I was expecting at least medical related courses, unfortunately they shift me from MBBS to Botany. Please what can I do with Botany because I don't want to loose another year again?

Thanks for your good suggestion!

Please if you don't have any positive suggestion to contribute just ignore it.

I suggest u take up the course u currently being offered I.e.Botany . U can re-write another UTME while you are school, since ur o level result is relatively strong . I am sure you will do better this time around. In my school, if u have Bsc Botany (with at least 2nd class upper ) in my school, u can apply for the MBBS programme via direct entry. Medicine and Surgery is highly competitive , the fact that u are not admitted at first doesn't mean u are dull. Just put in more effort and don't give up easily; perseverance is key to success. If there are questions u want to ask , feel free to ask me. I wish you success in ur academic pursuit.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by emmaliver(m): 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
My candid advice. Since u want medsurg and you do not want to stay more years at home. Accept the botany n work hard. You can switch to medicine if your GP is good either thru inter faculty transfer or Direct entry if you graduate from BOT. While in first year botany you should write another jamb still and see if you can get ur Medicine.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Fantes(m): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
My dear nigeria is something else.one of my brothers who studied botany works in an oil company without any visible connection while me that studied Med lab have not gotten a job for more than 4 yrs.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Almost1122: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
doctorregular01:

I suggest u take up the course u currently being offered I.e.Botany . U can re-write another UTME while you are school, since ur o level result is relatively strong . I am sure you will do better this time around. In my school, if u have Bsc Botany (with at least 2nd class upper ) in my school, u can apply for the MBBS programme via direct entry. Medicine and Surgery is highly competitive , the fact that u are not admitted at first doesn't mean u are dull. Just put in more effort and don't give up easily; perseverance is key to success. If there are questions u want to ask , feel free to ask me. I wish you success in ur academic pursuit.

Please which university?
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Almost1122: 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
lizzypro:
Just go with the course for now, 365 days no be small thing .You can apply next year again .. sad

ok!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by DrStealth(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
idris4r83:
There are less competitive courses that are also lucrative and marketable just in case you can get a change of course. The courses are
1. Pharmacy
2. Nursing science
3. Medical laboratory science
4. Radiography
5. Physiotherapy
6. Optometry ( but am not sure if BUK is doing it sha)
If u can get any of these course you are good to go.
Radiography us very good

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Jman06(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
phoenix90:
My brother don't you dare study Botany, the course will leave you nowhere after graduation. You may decide to take it as a temporary measure to leave home and have a taste of undergraduate life. But study for your jamb with vigor and retake the exams. If possible after your first year in botany you can apply for change of department to MBBS, make enquiries on the procedure for such. There are thousand and one great courses to prepare one for a great life after school but Botany ain't one of them. Yours sincerely studied Botany and I know the anguish my classmates and I are passing through. Look for better courses like Medical Lab sciences, Biochemistry, Radiography, Biotechnology and geology. You'll be happy you did.
Biochemistry what ?! That's like jumping from frying pan to fire.

Yours sincerely has a 2-1 in biochemistry but right now the certificate is as useless as anything useless to me.

Sometimes, i just look at the certificate and wonder what to do with it. Sha, it gave me a direct entry admission to pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Jman06(m): 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

I swear by God, you can verify it yourself to know the reality.
Jamb reg: 75671437CH
Please delete that mat.number, you might run into trouble....

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by idris4r83(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
DrStealth:

Radiography us very good
radiography and medical lab science are very good n lucrative courses bro.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by doctorregular01(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
Almost1122:

Please which university?
Lagos State University College Of Medicine, Ikeja
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by supereagle(m): 12:49am On Dec 29, 2017
thesicilian:

That's the beauty of life: there's always a variety of ideas and precedents to choose from. I went my direction, it turned out great. You went yours, perfect. It is now left for the OP to carefully consider his options and take his stand.

You are right my dear. Whatever works for A may not work B.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by jackomagnus(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2017
My advice... & u better take it!

Go and study your MBBS... If it takes you another year to achieve it, go for MBBS. Your 1st year work experience will fetch you over N200,000 per month while... for Botany, you will ((virtually) not get a job as a botanist (1st degree) in Nigeria.

So, if you wan enter school by force, u can accept d botany, but make sure u write jamb again next yr

Ciao

Almost1122:
Please I apply for MBBS in Bayero University Kano (BUK) with Jamb score of 263 and post Jamb with 272 and my average was 267.5. I heard some good grade in my O'Level result with,
I was expecting at least medical related courses, unfortunately they shift me from MBBS to Botany. Please what can I do with Botany because I don't want to loose another year again?

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by phoenix90(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2017
Jman06:
Biochemistry what ?! That's like jumping from frying pan to fire.

Yours sincerely has a 2-1 in biochemistry but right now the certificate is as useless as anything useless to me.

Sometimes, i just look at the certificate and wonder what to do with it. Sha, it gave me a direct entry admission to pharmacy.
That's the spirit!!! Just go about that with commitment. Lots of our graduates � are facing similar challenges with their degrees. It's not lack of ability but lack of opportunities to express their value.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Jman06(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2017
phoenix90:

That's the spirit!!! Just go about that with commitment. Lots of our graduates � are facing similar challenges with their degrees. It's not lack of ability but lack of opportunities to express their value.
I tell you ! The best thing for any biochemistry graduate is to go into the academia, that's after MSc and PhD, but many of us who don't have interest in the academia didn't know the challenges ahead when we were leaving school.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by mhizsuzzy(f): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
Almost1122:

are u an indigene of the University. how many years have stayed at home after sec school, why do u want to study medicine. after answering the questions then I will write further
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by obstead200(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
kraftyiyk:
Dude i had to loggin to advice you .

In my opinion , accept the botany, and do your best in it as option( A) and take another jambWhile still in botany.

Option(B) if the second jamb didnt come out well, continue with the botany, all hope is not lost, but start planning, immediately after you graduate, take a trip down to philipines, there your bsc of botany(biological science) of any grade will earn u only 3 yrs class work and 1 yr Clerkship to become an MD (Doctor) at a tuition of an average of within $3.5k a year for a good world class quality med sch...

U will most likely graduate before your batch mates who started off from Mbbs in Nigeria.

Those who are less informed will continue wasting their time in our few congested Med schools in Nigeria.

Modified__________
@obstead200 guy beolw me who insulted himself, have you been to any med sch in philippines? Why expose ur ignarance to public view when you know nothing about this field?
10% of American Doctors and Nurses are trained in the philipines bro , and uncountable foreign citizens(inclusing Europeans, Americans, and Middle east ) comes to philippines for education tourism and Residencies!!.Can u compare any Nigerian hospital to philippine hospitlas in terms of equipments n facilities? Do we even have ordinary Nepa light in Nigeria?

i gave this advice from a first hand experience, pls do not come online to expose your ignorance.

Like I said, too much internet is ur problem.
Look closely and judge how exactly the developed nations view such certificates obtained from many of those med school in the Philippines.
Developed nations ooo, not 3rd world countries like Nigeria.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nabeeltnabs(m): 4:19am On Dec 30, 2017
SO, PEOPLE STILL LIKE TO MBBS FOR DIS 9JA SHAA
OMO I PITY U
U BETTER EARSE THE MEMORY AND THINKING
CUS WHEN GOD DO SMTIN GUD 4 U
U GO BE DIS IS VERY VERY BAD GOD BT SINCERELY THAT VERY LUCRATIVE PLAN OF LIFE 4
I ALWAYS GIVE THANKS TO GOD THAT U.I DENIED ME MBBS JUST BECAUSE OF 0.8 THEN
BROTHER MBBS 4 DIS 9JA IS LIKE A BREAD THAT THE OUTER PART IS SHOWN TO FASINATE YOUNG MIND
#MOST OF MY MBBS FRNDS NW DAY BORROW MONEY AND DAY PLEAD 4 AGREEMENT TO BORROW MY LISENCE FOR SET UP
PROUBLY A PHARMACIST
TRY PHARMACY 4 UR NEXT JAMB THANK ME LATER IN FUTURE,GUY SOME DAY SPEND 1YR AT HOME LUK 4 HOUSEMANSHIP POSTING EVEN I MUST TO TELL U GUY SOME DAY DO AMM FOR FREE JUST LIKE PLS LET ME GO DNT LET MY TEMPORARY LISENCE GO EXPIRED
BROTHER GO 4 SMTIN DAT GET ALTERNATIVE NT RESTRICTIVE IN NATURE
THINK WELL
ACT WELL
BYE BYE

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Umarlawal(m): 6:47am On Dec 30, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]I am UMAR LAWAL indigene of katsina state I applied MBBS in BUK this year and I was given almost1122 check no.5 in the MBBS merit list I am the one,my jamb score 288 my post utme 328 average 308.0.My advice to u is that go for that BOTANY dont take it for granted and reapply for MBBS,dont deceive yourself in BUK there is no any means that u can cross from any course to MBBS even if u have perfect 5.0GP that is their policy may Allah help u too to get it next year

2 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by inspirational93: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
click to download free PDF file on any topic and related courses on any topic http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by lizzypro: 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
He will apply again next year if he have the funds to run the botany he should continue with it same thing happened to my brother from pharmacy to anatomy and he is living it now .
Deckline:

Na so e easy. MBBS to Botany. I swear,i will stay back instead of wasting money,time and my destiny. This life is not a joke o. 1 year can make or mar you for the rest of your life. Choose wisely. You won't be the first to forfeit admission neither will you be the last. You should never go for botany when your dream is medicine except if you don't know what you want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Comprehensive School Students Receive E-learning Tablets / Strike: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest, Storm Oba Of Benin's Palace (Photos) / UTME: JAMB Scraps Awaiting Results Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.