Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (22001 Views)

Can I Study Nursing As My Masters Degree After Studying Botany? / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Deckline(m): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2017
lizzypro:
He will apply again next year if he have the funds to run the botany he should continue with it same thing happened to my brother from pharmacy to anatomy and he is living it now .
I hope you know anatomy and PHARMACY are not mates... Just because your bro did it doesn't mean it has to be the status-quo. #Chase_your_dream!

2 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by lizzypro: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
Yes they are not mates but he is doing well than his friend that is a pharmacists. grin let him wait for another 365 days then grin
Deckline:

I hope you know anatomy and PHARMACY are not mates... Just because your bro did it doesn't mean it has to be the status-quo. #Chase_your_dream!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Sman37(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Almost1122:
Please I apply for MBBS in Bayero University Kano (BUK) with Jamb score of 263 and post Jamb with 272 and my average was 267.5. I heard some good grade in my O'Level result with,
1. English: B3
2. Mathematics: B3
3. Physics: A1
4. Biology: A1
5. Chemistry: C4.
I was expecting at least medical related courses, unfortunately they shift me from MBBS to Botany. Please what can I do with Botany because I don't want to loose another year again?

Thanks for your good suggestion!

Please if you don't have any positive suggestion to contribute just ignore it.
Accept the offer and try ur best if God willing u will be able to change to MBBs during screening just consult any one u know and have idea and be of help man its too expensive to gain admission and loose oh
are times u might be lucky during screening by meeting profs and Hod in the campus or any prominent person in the institutions who knows u might be considered!
Almost1122:
Please I apply for MBBS in Bayero University Kano (BUK) with Jamb score of 263 and post Jamb with 272 and my average was 267.5. I heard some good grade in my O'Level result with,
I was expecting at least medical related courses, unfortunately they shift me from MBBS to Botany. Please what can I do with Botany because I don't want to loose another year again?

Accept the offer and try ur best if God willing u will be able to change to MBBs during screening just consult any one u know and have idea and be of help man its too expensive to gain admission and loose oh
are times u might be lucky during screening by meeting profs and Hod in the campus or any prominent person in the institutions who knows u might be considered!
Almost1122:

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Jman06(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
lizzypro:
Yes they are not mates but he is doing well than his friend that is a pharmacists. grin let him wait for another 365 days then grin
Stop lying !

Anatomy is the worst course anybody can study. Where would the person work ? Even in lecturing,their chances of getting employed are low because most of the Anatomy lecturers are doctors. So, tell me where an anatomy graduate would fit in.

On the other hand, Pharmacists are hot cakes in terms of employment because they are highly needed in pharmaceutical industries, hospitals, community pharmacy, administration, academia etc. Yet, we have few pharmacists on ground to take up the numerous job opportunities.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by femianski: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
Fantes:
My dear nigeria is something else.one of my brothers who studied botany works in an oil company without any visible connection while me that studied Med lab have not gotten a job for more than 4 yrs.
I can't believe it
This must be a lie
How can someone study MLS and be looking for job for more than 4yrs
MLS that is in hot demand
Bro if this is true no offense you need to see your pastor

3 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Deckline(m): 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
lizzypro:
I don't argue with people that are grammatically defaulting. Go back to school and improove on your English writeup. Now i understand why your bro is studying anatomy... Happy sunday!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by markensense(m): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
All in one sitting?
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by jackomagnus(m): 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2018
Deckline:

I don't argue with people that are grammatically defaulting. Go back to school and improove on your English writeup. Now i understand why your bro is studying anatomy... Happy sunday!

I guess someone also has something to improve upon grin

Note: Prowess in English language does not connote intelligence... and vice versa
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by kraftyiyk: 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2018
obstead200:

Like I said, too much internet is ur problem.
Look closely and judge how exactly the developed nations view such certificates obtained from many of those med school in the Philippines.
Developed nations ooo, not 3rd world countries like Nigeria.

You didnt answer my question, let me repeat my self, have you been to the philipines?

Dude i have lived in the philippines for a pretty long while, so between us who do i think is beign decieved by internet? grin

Ofcourse ignorance is when u ask if philipine degree is accepted in 1st world countries!!
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 07, 2018
Nabeeltnabs:
SO, PEOPLE STILL LIKE TO MBBS FOR DIS 9JA SHAA
OMO I PITY U
U BETTER EARSE THE MEMORY AND THINKING
CUS WHEN GOD DO SMTIN GUD 4 U
U GO BE DIS IS VERY VERY BAD GOD BT SINCERELY THAT VERY LUCRATIVE PLAN OF LIFE 4
I ALWAYS GIVE THANKS TO GOD THAT U.I DENIED ME MBBS JUST BECAUSE OF 0.8 THEN
BROTHER MBBS 4 DIS 9JA IS LIKE A BREAD THAT THE OUTER PART IS SHOWN TO FASINATE YOUNG MIND
#MOST OF MY MBBS FRNDS NW DAY BORROW MONEY AND DAY PLEAD 4 AGREEMENT TO BORROW MY LISENCE FOR SET UP
PROUBLY A PHARMACIST
TRY PHARMACY 4 UR NEXT JAMB THANK ME LATER IN FUTURE,GUY SOME DAY SPEND 1YR AT HOME LUK 4 HOUSEMANSHIP POSTING EVEN I MUST TO TELL U GUY SOME DAY DO AMM FOR FREE JUST LIKE PLS LET ME GO DNT LET MY TEMPORARY LISENCE GO EXPIRED
BROTHER GO 4 SMTIN DAT GET ALTERNATIVE NT RESTRICTIVE IN NATURE
THINK WELL
ACT WELL
BYE BYE

Nice piece. Pls what of Dentistry? How lucrative is it in the Labour market.
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 07, 2018
Jman06:
Biochemistry what ?! That's like jumping from frying pan to fire.

Yours sincerely has a 2-1 in biochemistry but right now the certificate is as useless as anything useless to me.

Sometimes, i just look at the certificate and wonder what to do with it. Sha, it gave me a direct entry admission to pharmacy.

which school were you admitted for pharmacy ?
Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Jman06(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2018
Lobe01:

which school were you admitted for pharmacy ?
I would rather not disclose my school here for personal reasons, but in case you are a student who needs advice on DE to pharmacy, I'd advise you try schools like UI, Unilag, Uniben or UNN.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! by Ntiiene(m): 5:34am On Oct 20, 2019
pls how did it go, did you later get mbbs
because am faced with the same issue now I was transferred from radiography to botany I don't just know what to do pp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Comprehensive School Students Receive E-learning Tablets / Strike: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest, Storm Oba Of Benin's Palace (Photos) / UTME: JAMB Scraps Awaiting Results Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.