Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. (40414 Views)

My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" / What’s The Difference Between Nigerian Marriage Law And The West / Happy marriage Life (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by twosquare(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
All right. Thanks for the feedback. Stay safe and strong.
peacefull:
Thank you for everyone who gave me advice. I'm appreciate. I'm sorry for very late to say Thank you.
I'm still with him. But still not living together. Because of his work. I asked him about if he has a wife and kids in Nigeria. I was not angry or mad when I asked. I was trying to calm down and told him I have learned about Nigerian cultures and marriage. I even tried to explain about how my feel and thinking. I told him that I can understand if he married in Nigeria. But his answer is No. Sometimes I still ask him about that and telling him I can understand. But he always say No and that is my mindset. I was so hurt when many peoples told me that he is married in Nigeria. But I really appreciate for everyone who gave me advice and taught me about Nigerian cultures and marriage. My feeling is changed when I was getting fine from hurt. I told him one day I wanna try to live my life. He was laughing and not take serious and said Ok. I tried to make money. I got second work. But after sometime I got sick and lost main work. But still not give up. I already gave up many things like have a baby with him. Something like that. I don't hate him. I can't. Even if he is married and has kids in Nigeria, I can't hate him. Because I know he is a good person. How he treat me bad is doesn't matter. I just can't hate him. I still wanna know the truth from him. But I don't wanna always doubt him and feeling like hurt. That's why I need to try to live my life. I think I'm little bit move on. I'm sorry for my English. My English is still very poor. I'm really appreciate everyone who made me try to move. I'm not so hurt now! I'm sorry if I made irritated for everyone.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by sonsonny: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
It's not related to a Nigerian culture. The problem is in your relationship, but only Lord knows, how to solve it.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2019
twosquare:
All right. Thanks for the feedback. Stay safe and strong.

Thank you so much for gave me advice that time. I'm really appreciate. I'm not so hurt now smiley
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
sonsonny:
It's not related to a Nigerian culture. The problem is in your relationship, but only Lord knows, how to solve it.

I was feeling like something wrong my marriage and doubt him. I thought different culture is made me misunderstanding him at that time. I wanted and needed know more about his culture. So if I can understand him more, we can make more good relationship. That's why I wanted know about Nigerian culture and about marriage in Nigeria. That was what my feelings at that time.
Anyway, Thank you so much for advice. I'm sorry for my poor English. I can't explain well.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 6:19am On Feb 22, 2019
error4040
I told him I'm ready for hear the truth and I will not angry or get mad. I explained him how my feel and what is made me doubt him. If he is married in Nigeria, I really wanted him to confession me. But he always say No. I never tell him I joined this Website. I just told him I have learned many things about Nigeria on internet. Then I told him that his doing and how he treat me is like someone who have a wife in Nigeria. I even told him that I can understand if he has a wife and kids in Nigeria.

I was so hurt and didn't wanna allow it at that time. I never wanted to share him with another woman at that time. But I have changed my mind. I told him I can understand that if he don't want another wife, but if his parents want him to marry with Nigerian woman, maybe he have to marry in Nigeria. I tried to think about what is his parents generation think about marriage. Then I was feeling like maybe our marriage is not good for them. I was feeling like our marriage is maybe only between me and him.
I'm so sorry I can't explain well.

I still don't know what will happen with my mind again if he will tell me he is married in Nigeria. But We can still laughing together. I don't know why. We had many many quarrel and bad times in the past. Sometimes We talked about divorce. But always not bad relationship and still can laughing together.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 6:54am On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:
error4040
I told him I'm ready for hear the truth and I will not angry or get mad. I explained him how my feel and what is made me doubt him. If he is married in Nigeria, I really wanted him to confession me. But he always say No. I never tell him I joined this Website. I just told him I have learned many things about Nigeria on internet. Then I told him that his doing and how he treat me is like someone who have a wife in Nigeria. I even told him that I can understand if he has a wife and kids in Nigeria.

About Joining this website, just keep it a secret

peacefull:

I was so hurt and didn't wanna allow it at that time. I never wanted to share him with another woman at that time. But I have changed my mind. I told him I can understand that if he don't want another wife, but if his parents want him to marry with Nigerian woman, maybe he have to marry in Nigeria. I tried to think about what is his parents generation think about marriage. Then I was feeling like maybe our marriage is not good for them. I was feeling like our marriage is maybe only between me and him.
I'm so sorry I can't explain well.
Well they might be probability he is hiding you from his parents down here in Nigeria Meaning he may have told them he is not married in Japan.
why am saying such is I noticed he did not introduce you to any of his family members apart from his friends in Japan who are also helping him cover up his lies to you.
about your English, We know your English is not that Good, you are improving at least unlike before

peacefull:

I still don't know what will happen with my mind again if he will tell me he is married in Nigeria. But We can still laughing together. I don't know why. We had many many quarrel and bad times in the past. Sometimes We talked about divorce. But always not bad relationship and still can laughing together.

From the way he is acting i just hope he won't wake up one day then tell you he is coming to Nigeria and that would be the last time you would See/Hear from Him. incase it ends up like that (which I pray not to happen),
have this on mind that their much to live for in this life than your current situation. and try not to hurt your self over someone that do not appriciate You.

Lastly hope you wont be annoyed with this Queation:
Do you Believe in God ? or you are Shinto, Why am asking is I noticed Most Japanese are Shinto or Buddhist.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 8:00am On Feb 22, 2019
error4040:

About Joining this website, just keep it a secret

We know your English is not that Good, you are improving at least unlike before

i just hope he won't one day wake up then tell you he is coming to Nigeria and that would be the last time you would see Him.
their much to live for in this life than your current situation.
and try not to hurt your self over someone that do not appriciate You.

Lastly do you Believe in God or you are Shinto, Why am asking is I noticed Most Japanese are Shinto or Buddhist.

Thank you for advice me.
I will not tell him about this Website.
If he will leave me one day, I hope he will tell me before that. I really hope he is not kind of wicked person. He is very stubborn person. He knows that and his friend also said it to me before. He told me his family also know that. So if he decide to leave me, I know nobody can stop him. Thank you for your care. I'm really appreciate you.

About God, I think I'm Shinto. Why I said I think is because every my member of family's grave is in Temple. Any of memorial service is Buddhist memorial service in Temple where have grave. We also have Buddhist altar in the house. But I think I'm not Buddhist.

You are very right. Most Japanese are Shinto or Buddhist. But some peoples are Christian. I have nobody who is Muslim. But I saw one Japanese woman who is Muslim in hospital. Muslim is maybe not many in Japan. I'm not sure. But I know have Mosque in Japan and some place care for Muslim peoples like Restaurant and Hotel. We also have many Church in Japan. Japanese are celebrate on Christmas. But most of them are not Christian. Many peoples put cross accessories. But most of them are not Christian. I know that is very strange.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Homeboiy: 9:40am On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

Thank you for advice me.
I will not tell him about this Website.
If he will leave me one day, I hope he will tell me before that. I really hope he is not kind of wicked person. He is very stubborn person. He knows that and his friend also said it to me before. He told me his family also know that. So if he decide to leave me, I know nobody can stop him. Thank you for your care. I'm really appreciate you.

About God, I think I'm Shinto. Why I said I think is because every my member of family's grave is in Temple. Any of memorial service is Buddhist memorial service in Temple where have grave. We also have Buddhist altar in the house. But I think I'm not Buddhist.

You are very right. Most Japanese are Shinto or Buddhist. But some peoples are Christian. I have nobody who is Muslim. But I saw one Japanese woman who is Muslim in hospital. Muslim is maybe not many in Japan. I'm not sure. But I know have Mosque in Japan and some place care for Muslim peoples like Restaurant and Hotel. We also have many Church in Japan. Japanese are celebrate on Christmas. But most of them are not Christian. Many peoples put cross accessories. But most of them are not Christian. I know that is very strange.

How old are you?

Is your child boy or girl?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
Homeboiy:

How old are you?

I'm 39 years old.
About my child, I can't answer your question. I'm sorry.
My age and my child gender is something problem with my marriage? Or someone who is your member of family married with like me?
Or someone who is your family or friend married with Nigerian man living in Japan?
If not disturb or bother you, Please Can you tell me why you asked me about that ?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Mizwisdom(f): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
Homeboiy:

How old are you?

What type of question is this?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

I'm 39 years old.
About my child, I can't answer your question. I'm sorry.
My age and my child gender is something problem with my marriage? Or someone who is your member of family married with like me?
Or someone who is your family or friend married with Nigerian man living in Japan?
If not disturb or bother you, Please Can you tell me why you asked me about that ?
grin now this is A Good Reply

@peacefull kindly keep your Identity confidential.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
error4040:
grin now this is A Good Reply

@peacefull kindly keep your Identity confidential.

I know I'm old and I know many guys like young ladys. But I never imagine that my age and child gender is problem for my marriage. I wrote my age before and also wrote I can't say my child gender before. So I can tell my age. But I can't tell my child gender.
Maybe that person (Sorry, I don't know man or woman) have reason for asked me about that. I like to know why asked me about that smiley

My reply is rude for that person?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Maybe have reason and I really like to know.
Anyway Thank you so much.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

Maybe have reason and I really like to know.
Anyway Thank you so much.

Please don't mind him. Nigerian men cheat a lot and they'll still try to blame you for it. It's the same reason for that question, he wants to blame your age or your child's gender for your husband's attitude. Personally, I think your husband has a family here in Nigeria, it's not your fault, many do it here to Nigerian women too, they do it because it's easy to make excuses for this lifestyle. Only few who don't involve themselves in double lifestyle, those ones are the principled ones and they are not many. Its your choice to love your husband but don't let anyone blame you for his bad attitude.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Homeboiy: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Are you mad?
Did I ask you?
Tafia kee u there
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Mizwisdom(f): 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
Homeboiy:

You should be asking your mother those questions.

2 Likes

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Please don't mind him. Nigerian men cheat a lot and they'll still try to blame you for it. It's the same reason for that question, he wants to blame your age or your child's gender for your husband's attitude. Personally, I think your husband has a family here in Nigeria, it's not your fault, many do it here to Nigerian women too, they do it because it's easy to make excuses for this lifestyle. Only few who don't involve themselves in double lifestyle, those ones are the principled ones and they are not many. Its your choice to love your husband but don't let anyone blame you for his bad attitude.

Thank you for advice me. I'm appreciate you.
That person wanna blame me about my age or my child gender?! I never ever imagine that.
I think I was not good wife for him. Many times I had quarrel with him before. We couldn't understand for each other well before. Sometimes very little misunderstand made for big problem. We also had talk about divorce in the past. I think marriage is need love, respect, understand, care, something like that for each other. But sometimes We couldn't have it for each other. So if he leave me, not only his fault. I think my fault.
Double life style is polygamy? or cheating? Many Nigerian men do it for Nigerian women? If Nigerian woman married with Nigerian man and he also married in abroad, She knows about that or She don't know?
I'm sorry for my poor English and asking you many questions.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
Homeboiy:

Are you mad?

Did I ask you?

Tafia kee u there

Please don't be angry. I'm sorry If I made you feel bad and asked you like rude person.
She gave me advice and I'm really appreciate her.
Anyway, What do you mean Tafia kee u there? Is that Igbo language?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

I know I'm old and I know many guys like young ladys. But I never imagine that my age and child gender is problem for my marriage. I wrote my age before and also wrote I can't say my child gender before. So I can tell my age. But I can't tell my child gender.
Maybe that person (Sorry, I don't know man or woman) have reason for asked me about that. I like to know why asked me about that smiley

LoL for the Record Am 27yewrs Old and am Among those rear GEM that have a Thing For MILFS grin (Don't ask me why, because me my self I just don't know & Don't care) I guess Am FETISH.
And please am Not having Crush or anything Related to you.

About Your Age and child Gender Well mostly Men from East Do prefer Male child, but still that's not an excuse to treat ones wife badly or cheat because of her Age

and About you're Reply to him, Just because you prefer to keep Your personal information Confidential do not sound like you're Rude to Him. LoL but you're Reply was funny grin grin grin
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Homeboiy: 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

Please don't be angry. I'm sorry If I made you feel bad and asked you like rude person.
She gave me advice and I'm really appreciate her.
Anyway, What do you mean Tafia kee u there? Is that Igbo language?

It's pidgin language
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Homeboiy: 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

I asked you those questions because I wanted to give u an answer from my igbo point of view but you and that useless idiot Mizwisdom are seeing my question as an insult.

As foolish as she is, she said men cheat a lot, maybe his father cheats a lot but please don't let her make u hate your husband.

I can no longer tell u what's on my mind cos I am angry
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Mizwisdom(f): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

Thank you for advice me. I'm appreciate you.
That person wanna blame me about my age or my child gender?! I never ever imagine that.
I think I was not good wife for him. Many times I had quarrel with him before. We couldn't understand for each other well before. Sometimes very little misunderstand made for big problem. We also had talk about divorce in the past. I think marriage is need love, respect, understand, care, something like that for each other. But sometimes We couldn't have it for each other. So if he leave me, not only his fault. I think my fault.
Double life style is polygamy? or cheating? Many Nigerian men do it for Nigerian women? If Nigerian woman married with Nigerian man and he also married in abroad, She knows about that or She don't know?
I'm sorry for my poor English and asking you many questions.

Please try to ignore that small boy called homeboiy, pay him no attention, he's of no value to you, you won't believe he's still a teenager who you can send on errand or use as your houseboy so please don't respond to him, me I won't reduce myself to that grin

Back to the matter, yes I'm talking of polygamy. Before your husband travelled abroad he has already told himself that he will marry a citizen abroad for papers, so that he won't be illegal in your country. This doesn't mean that he can't truly fall in love but it might not have been in his initial plan. It's not unusual for him to have left a spouse back home with the promise that he will work and send money home, this didn't start today. My only advice is to do what will make you feel less guilty. Try to meet his real extended family and make friends with his Nigerian friends, amongst them you will find those who will expose him to you (all depends on how down to earth you are) and you can make whatever decision you like afterwards
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

here we Go again grin Madam what will you achieve with tagging us cheaters grin.
please do generalize us all with her husbands behaviour.
talking of which in Nigeria who cheat Alot we or you folks ?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Mizwisdom(f): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
error4040:
here we Go again grin Madam what will you achieve with tagging us cheaters grin. please do generalize us all with her husbands behaviour. talking of which in Nigeria who cheat Alot we or you folks ?
grin I didn't tag you all, I emphasized that a few are different
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Homeboiy: 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Please try to ignore that small boy called homeboiy, pay him no attention, he's of no value to you, you won't believe he's still a teenager who you can send on errand or use as your houseboy so please don't respond to him, me I won't reduce myself to that grin

Back to the matter, yes I'm talking of polygamy. Before your husband travelled abroad he has already told himself that he will marry a citizen abroad for papers, so that he won't be illegal in your country. This doesn't mean that he can't truly fall in love but it might not have been in his initial plan. It's not unusual for him to have left a spouse back home with the promise that he will work and send money home, this didn't start today. My only advice is to do what will make you feel less guilty. Try to meet his real extended family and make friends with his Nigerian friends, amongst them you will find those who will expose him to you (all depends on how down to earth you are) and you can make whatever decision you like afterwards

I believe that the distance between my age and yours is like from Nigeria to Japan

I can feed your family for 20yrs

Stop generalizing

What statistics do u have to say that men cheats

Or Can u prove it to her that husband has a wife in Nigeria?

Nonsense
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Madam why are you like this grin
well Your last Advice was on point!!!
cool

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Mizwisdom(f): 9:03pm On Feb 22, 2019
error4040:
Madam why are you like this grin well Your last Advice was on point!!! cool
If u know u know grin

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
error4040:
LoL for the Record Am 27yewrs Old and am Among those rear GEN that have a Thing For MILFS grin (Don't ask me why, because me my self I just don't know & Don't care) I guess Am FETISH.
And please am Not having Crush or anything Related to you.

And About Your Age and child Gender Well mostly Men from East Do prefer Male child, but still that's not an excuse to treat ones wife badly or cheat because of her Age

and About you're Reply to him, Just because you prefer to keep Your personal information Confidential do not sound like you're Rude to Him. LoL but you're Reply was funny grin grin grin

I checked meaning MILFS shocked I didn't know that English. I had learn new English. Thank you!
Male child is Important from East Nigerian men? What about female child?
My reply is funny? I'm worry about if I'm rude.

2 Likes

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

If u know u know grin
grin this woman sef, You too street.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Homeboiy:

It's pidgin language

Pidgin language? My husband is Igbo man. I know little Igbo language. But I don't know how to write and read. I thought Igbo language.
Anyway, Thank you so much.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
peacefull:

I checked meaning MILFS shocked I didn't know that English. I had learn new English. Thank you!
Male child is Important from East Nigerian men? What about female child?
My reply is funny? I'm worry about if I'm rude.

About the new Word, Am sorry if it sounded offensive to you
my advice to your english the more you keep engaging in English the more your vocabulary expand

Well actually Am not from East Nigeria, but I do have friends that once said that in a family A man is expected have a male child that will inherit his inheritance after his death, that in a family with No male but female this lead to his extended family members taking over his inheritance.

But don't take that as an excuse not to love your child & I believe your husband also loves his child

and lastly Your reply was not rude.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
Homeboiy:

I asked you those questions because I wanted to give u an answer from my igbo point of view but you and that useless idiot Mizwisdom are seeing my question as an insult.

As foolish as she is, she said men cheat a lot, maybe his father cheats a lot but please don't let her make u hate your husband.

I can no longer tell u what's on my mind cos I am angry

I'm really so sorry for I made you feeling so bad. I'm apologize you.
I never think your question is insult. I just really wanted know your thinking about my marriage. Because I was expecting maybe I can get advice from you. But I never had think about my age and child gender have something wrong with my marriage before. I never had idea like that. So I was really like to know and wanted get advice from you. I never meant made you feel so bad and angry.
I'm really so sorry.
But Thank you so much. I'm appreciate you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.