Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

I'm Losing My Only Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Losing My Only Sister (41711 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
Good morning house

The only sister i and my other siblings had met a Man around 2008. He's from Imo state, a deportee from Germany who was in his late 40s when they met. My sister was just out of high school then and struggling to secure admission into any of the tertiary institutions. Luckily, she got admission to study law at Unilag after her second attempt. Sadly, there was no money to process the admission, she lost it. She was the first and only daughter of our parents. My parents were incapacitated financially to support her dream

My father never wanted her to work then, for guys not to take advantage of her or something. Having lost the admission, she insisted to work inorder to raise money for her studies. My dad got no option than to obliged

She met this man barely a year she started working. She was in her early 20s and full of dreams. Lest I forget, she was staying with our grand mother due to distance. This man got my sister pregnant and we got to hear about it. My dad got the man arrested and beat the hell out of my sister. He wept bitterly claiming this isn't the life he envisioned for his only daughter

He beseeched her and talk sense into her but she insisted, claiming she loved the man. This man was deported after spending almost half of his productive years outside the shores of Nigeria. He came back home with nothing and the next thing he could do was to got my sister pregnant claiming he loves her beyond words

My sister moved in with him and they started living together. We lost our grand parents (paternal and maternal) Yet, this man and my sister never stepped their foot in our house to commesorate. I lost my eldest brother, same thing happened. They never showed up. I was the 4th child of five children. Though, only four left now. She hardly call our parents nor we her siblings. To cap it all, my sister had stopped using phone ever since she moved to pourtharcourt with this man

This same man always attend his family function and very much into his family but isolated my sister away from her family. My sister never called throughout my days in the university just to know how I'm fairing, despite knowing our family condition. A very close friend of mine noticed this while in school and i did explained everything to him. He felt so bittered. He asserted the man might be diabolic, he's from the same town with the man in imo state

My parents are in their early/late 60s respectively and aging gradually. They couldn't felt the presence of their only daughter. Interestingly, family members got suspicious and they kept asking after her but my parents are bent on covering up, claiming she's fine. Yet, they goes to their closets to cry bitterly for the life of their daughter. I asked my dad why covering up, he claimed to have known his family pretty well, that they would do nothing

I'm just a young graduate, still job haunting. While my elder brother is gainfully employed with 50k as his monthly take home. He's being supportive with day to day running of the house and that of our last born studies. A friend suggested myself and elder brother with any of our uncle should go and treat the man's fvckup for eloping with someone's daughter without paying her bride price nor any other marital rite. I told him that isn't feasible for now due to our poor finances.

Nonetheless, we can't continue folding our hands and watch this man get away with this. She is the only daughter of our parents. Her presence is highly needed in their life, especially my mother

Please what can we do to make things work for my family back? I can't imagine having a sister who's more like a living dead

Any help, input or suggestions from anyone!

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Bola146(f): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
Wahala! I pray she is okay where she is. Be praying for her and try to find her.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by lilvicky68(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
You need to trace her and have a word with her to know how she's faring and also know the next step to take..

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
Your sister is a grown-up woman. Let her live her life the way she wants. Move on.

149 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Franklyspeakin: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2021
My own sef is the angle u are coming from. Are u sure its not financial gains you people want from your sis?? Because a right thinking family would have been more interested in knowing if she is fine... That is pay a visit to see her, talk to ker and know if she is OK then probably remind her that her parents are worried about her. Which one is her presence is greatly needed?? Do you even know if your sister is still alive?? When last did you see her with your eyes?? See talk ooo. Go and check on her abeg. It could even be shame thats stopping her from coming back. Shame of you guys laughing at her. Go and show love to her before you start giving her responsibilities.

A family that can't find money to go and see their sister/daughter to be certain she is fine, to know if she is alive, to know if she is sane, but is more interested in her being present most definitely to pick up some responsibilities or to help look after the aged parents who killed her dreams and still didnt show her love when she needed it the most says a lot to buttress my point. See because a man is a deportee dosent mean he wont be able to stand on his feet and cater for his family. afterall they have been surviving all this years. Even the man knows he has un serious inlaws so he can take them for granted. Imagine if the girls family where more involved and concerned with their number one priority being the well being of their daughter, they won't have been complaining of losing their daughter.The annoying part is the dad is still ashamed of her and is yet to come to terms with reality as he continues to lie about the well being of his daughter. How will he make heaven sef If he dies and does he think his village people don't already know something is up as to no bride price collected yet she is married.?
My brother Hustle oooo make them no use you or your family do yeye

452 Likes 29 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Magnoliaa(f): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
Wow. Emotional and psychological abuse comes to mind.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
That man is diabolical, he has hypnotized your sister to make up for his wasted years.Look for Christ embassy church around you for true deliverance for your sister.shalom

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by lilvicky68(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
That man is diabolical, he has hypnotized your sister to make up for his wasted years.Look for Christ embassy church around you for true deliverance for your sister.shalom
When did Christ embassy start conducting deliverance services? grin with their phonetics..

Na better die by fire church she need

211 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by hybrid11(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
Do you know if she's still alive ??
Is he beating her?
You and your family people including your uncle should trace where they live and pay a visit to them.. Things might not be as it seems

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Kondomatic(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Your sister is a grown-up woman. Let her live her life the way she wants. Move on.
How do you know that this is the way she wants it?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2021

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
lilvicky68:

When did Christ embassy start conducting deliverance services? grin with their phonetics..

Na better die by fire church she need
My church is a living church and we have our own special way of conducting deliverance, let him locate any of our branch

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by lilvicky68(m): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
My church is a living church and we have our own special way of conducting deliverance, let him locate any of our branch
Let him locate mountain of fire..

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Janetjim1: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house

The only sister i and my other siblings had met a Man around 2008. He's from Imo state, a deportee from Germany who was in his late 40s when they met. My sister was just out of high school then and struggling to secure admission into any of the tertiary institutions. Luckily, she got admission to study law at Unilag after her second attempt. Sadly, there was no money to process the admission, she lost it. She was the first and only daughter of our parents. My parents were incapacitated financially to support her dream

My father never wanted her to work then, for guys not to take advantage of her or something. Having lost the admission, she insisted to work inorder to raise money for her studies. My dad got no option than to obliged

She met this man barely a year she started working. She was in her early 20s and full of dreams. Lest I forget, she was staying with our grand mother due to distance. This man got my sister pregnant and we got to hear about it. My dad got the man arrested and beat the hell out of my sister. He wept bitterly claiming this isn't the life he envisioned for his only daughter

He beseeched her and talk sense into her but she insisted, claiming she loved the man. This man was deported after spending almost half of his productive years outside the shores of Nigeria. He came back home with nothing and the next thing he could do was to got my sister pregnant claiming he loves her beyond words

My sister moved in with him and they started living together. We lost our grand parents (paternal and maternal) Yet, this man and my sister never stepped their foot in our house to commesorate. I lost my eldest brother, same thing happened. They never showed up. I was the 4th child of five children. Though, only four left now. She hardly call our parents nor we her siblings. To cap it all, my sister had stopped using phone ever since she moved to pourtharcourt with this man

This same man always attend his family function and very much into his family but isolated my sister away from her family. My sister never called throughout my days in the university just to know how I'm fairing, despite knowing our family condition. A very close friend of mine noticed this while in school and i did explained everything to him. He felt so bittered. He asserted the man might be diabolic, he's from the same town with the man in imo state

My parents are in their early/late 60s respectively and aging gradually. They couldn't felt the presence of their only daughter. Interestingly, family members got suspicious and they kept asking after her but my parents are bent on covering up, claiming she's fine. Yet, they goes to their closets to cry bitterly for the life of their daughter. I asked my dad why covering up, he claimed to have known his family pretty well, that they would do nothing

I'm just a young graduate, still job haunting. While my elder brother is gainfully employed with 50k as his monthly take home. He's being supportive with day to day running of the house and that of our last born studies. A friend suggested myself and elder brother with any of our uncle should go and treat the man's fvckup for eloping with someone's daughter without paying her bride price nor any other marital rite. I told him that isn't feasible for now due to our poor finances.

Nonetheless, we can't continue folding our hands and watch this man get away with this. She is the only daughter of our parents. Her presence is highly needed in their life, especially my mother

Please what can we do to make things work for my family back? I can't imagine having a sister who's more like a living dead

Omo, this is more of the spiritual than the physical! I believe you should know what to do.

My signature!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Acidosis(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
She moved in with the love of her life because your dad handled the issue carelessly.

You can't order the maltreatment of your sister's 40 year old man and expect her to respect or remember y'all. Remember that your sister now has children. She's a grown woman now and a mother with family responsibilities.

You guys have to locate that family and make amends. Your parents must have done terrible things to that man beyond what you mentioned here.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
Kondomatic:
How do you know that this is the way she wants it?

Did he use gun to take her from the house?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Acidosis(m): 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
lilvicky68:

Let him locate mountain of fire..

Before you visit mountain of fire, please tell go and beat your sister's 40 year old boyfriend / husband.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by greenie77: 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
No matter how dire things are for you guys financially, your father, your elder brother and 2 ot 3 of your uncles should have traced their location and showed up unexpectedly before now.

Sadly, some of such cases have never ended well as most times it is at the death of woman involved that her family gets involved again.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by brodalikeme(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
I don’t know it all but my suggestion is that you guys should just find away to know her exact whereabouts and how to constantly check up on her. She doesn’t want a relationship with her family for now, so you guys can’t force it. Just manage the situation still her “eye clear”
For the rest of you stay closer and stronger for each other

10 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Follak: 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house

Forget about the man not paying bride price now.Everybody including your parents should start calling your sister through her husband's phone,visit her often,contact her old friends and let them visit her,invite her to family functions through her husband,infact infact both of them.You guys should force yourself into her life.Don't complain now.Win her back and gradually get her out of there or make the man marry her properly

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by wunmi590(m): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2021

Where is Chatinent when you need him most

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by chatinent: 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ok.

Allow experience teach her about life. She will understand that the first mistake was having premarital sex, then moving in with the man.

Focus on your life bro. Make your parents happy.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
My own sef is the angle u are coming from. Are u sure its not financial gains you people want from your sis?? Because a right thinking family would have been more interested in knowing if she is fine... That is pay a visit to see her, talk to ker and know if she is OK then probably remind her that her parents are worried about her. Which one is her presence is greatly needed?? Do you even know if your sister is still alive?? When last did you see her with your eyes?? See talk ooo. Go and check on her abeg. It could even be shame thats stopping her from coming back. Shame of you guys laughing at her. Go and show love to her before you start giving her responsibilities.
we may be poor but not entitled biggot. My parents never wanted her to marry the man. My dad even housed her for a year with her 2 kids then, and the man keeps coming and begging prophecing love to her here and there and she started crying and begging to go meet him. She knows we'd gladly accept her back if she chose to come back today. I felt that's one of the reason why the man took her to pourtharcourt having known my family conditions, it would take a toll on us before coming down there. None of my family members had accepted penny from him nor his wife. We weren't weird that way to be entitled. If he give us fine, we'd gladly accept it. But for us to demand, never

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
That's my thought also. My sister was like a sacrificial lamb to him having wasted many years abroad before coming down here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
Acidosis:
She moved in with the love of her life because your dad handled the issue carelessly.

You can't order the maltreatment of your sister's 40 year old man and expect her to respect or remember y'all. Remember that your sister now has children. She's a grown woman now and a mother with family responsibilities.

You guys have to locate that family and make amends. Your parents must have done terrible things to that man beyond what you mentioned here.
According to my dad, he claimed he got him arrested to write a statement never to see him closer to his daughter. He wasn't dehumanized nor beaten to pulp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
Follak:
Forget about the man not paying bride price now.Everybody including your parents should start calling your sister through her husband's phone,visit her often,contact her old friends and let them visit her,invite her to family functions through her husband,infact infact both of them.You guys should force yourself into her life.Don't complain now.Win her back and gradually get her out of there or make the man marry her properly
They were always informed about any family function. Not even to contribute money o. Just to show up and honour the invitation. He never did nor my sister. He always give excuse that he's broke but he always have money to attend his family functions. At times if my mum called him to speak with her daughter. He'd say he travelled home for this and that. Not until he arrived home before she can speak with her

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
greenie77:
No matter how dire things are for you guys financially, your father, your elder brother and 2 ot 3 of your uncles should have traced their location and showed up unexpectedly before now.

Sadly, some of such cases have never ended well as most times it is at the death of woman involved that her family gets involved again.
We've once planned to visit her without their noticed. About three of us but we need to consider our pocket. Going and coming back isn't what we can cough out easily. Moreso, considering the fact that I'm still looking out for job. The burden will be too much on my elder brother

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Acidosis(m): 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
According to my dad, he claimed he got him arrested to write a statement never to see him closer to his daughter. He wasn't dehumanized nor beaten to pulp

Okay. Since she hasn't bothered to call, have you guys made any attempt to speak with her through friends, at least to know her living conditions/wellbeing? That call or visit is necessary and it's important to make it about her, not you or your family. Let her know that you and the entire family care about her. Maybe she's going through a lot or too ashamed to speak? You never can tell until you have that conversation.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Spherical77(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
That man is nothing but a wicked man. You illegally married someone only daughter without paying her bride price. He wasn't responsible to his inlaw. The worst of it all, he couldn't buy a phone for his so called wife to avoid being in touched with her family and friends

I wish you guys have the means to go in there and treat his goddam fvckup. What nonesense in this 21st century. She lost her brother and grandparents and she and her stupid husband didn't come. Things dey happen sha smiley

I feel for you guys seriously

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by obicoolnino: 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
Q
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by boolet: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
Sad
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by pennywys(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
smiley

Op try visit her and find out how she is doing with her life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Frankco Pere: Amputee Comedian Seeks Help To Get Married (Pictures) / Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / Wife Seeks Divorce Over Impotence After Five Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.