Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,248 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? (18281 Views)

Does Age Matter In Relationships ? / Does The Clitoris Get Bigger & Does Size Really Matter For Women Pleasure? (Pix) / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
ubunja:

maturity and intelligence are two different things.
your mother is more mature than you but you, becoz of today's lifestyle, are more intelligent than your mother.

Argument without evidence.
More exposed maybe, the argument for intelligence will require proof
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
TheHistorian:
Maybe you don't present yourself emotionally and psychologically mature as She'd expected.

This is where to start from: Conversation

Whenever you are around her,talk lesser about mundane and irrelevant issues.Engage her maturely,tell her to share her dreams with you.Don't over-do things and act all clingy.

You can join the beardGANG too! cheesy

Lol.
I don't have the beard to join the gang
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ubunja(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Argument without evidence.
More exposed maybe, the argument for intelligence will require proof
what kind of proof did you have in mind?
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
ubunja:

what kind of proof did you have in mind?

Intelligence is measured by an IQ test. A shoe-shiner may be more intelligent but less exposed than a university professor
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
Franky826:
grin

Lol bro is obviously new in the game.

See during my mad days I never dated someone I was older than, they were all older than me the closest I've ever had was same year. She was born 23rd may and i was July 22. Still she respected me as though I was her father.

The secret?

Wait for it.....

LIES!

It's the most illogical potent weapon to dating older women.

See them ladies would never respect you if they knew they were older than you. Their ego won't let most of them, it's almost natural in most of em.

Don't say your age first, trick them to always say theirs first grin. And then Interpolate and add numbers to your real age

That's how I dated one aunty back then in my 2nd year or so in school.

Babe got mad curves. The day she told me her age my heart flew grin I had to compose myself back again and added 6years on top of my age.

The rest was history grin

You are welcome grin

Mad!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ubunja(m): 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Intelligence is measured by an IQ test. A shoe-shiner may be more intelligent but less exposed than a university professor
men regularly score higher than women in IQ tests. coz as i agreed with you, men are more intelligent than women.
but maturity, which is where we began is NOT measured by that scale. its a biological term that means "achieving complete growth" or something along those lines.

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
ubunja:
that age difference is too small to matter as long as you dont want something very long lasting.
you must keep your age to yourself in the near future.
and NO. she just cant be older. coz gals mature faster than boys. your maturity level at 22 is roughly equal to that of a 17 yr old gal. and if she is 23, then her maturity match is a man of about 28. girls are about 5 yrs ahead of men in terms of maturity (physical,mental,sexual) .
OP, this man have said everything. Trust me it's emotionally and mentally tormenting dating a lady of your age or a lady older than you, the only thing you can get from such relationship is FWB, Friends With Benefits.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
TheHistorian:
Maybe you don't present yourself emotionally and psychologically mature as She'd expected.

This is where to start from: Conversation

Whenever you are around her,talk lesser about mundane and irrelevant issues.Engage her maturely,tell her to share her dreams with you.Don't over-do things and act all clingy.

You can join the beardGANG too! cheesy
hehe, ladies will always tell you they don't like guys with beards but deep down that's what they crave for.
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Hussainvictor12: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
ubunja:

men regularly score higher than women in IQ tests. coz as i agreed with you, men are more intelligent than women.
but maturity, which is where we began is NOT measured by that scale. its a biological term that means "achieving complete growth" or something along those lines.
How is IQ measured?
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by TerrorSquad147: 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
Franky826:
grin

See during my mad days I never dated someone I was older than, they were all older than me the closest I've ever had was same year. She was born 23rd may and i was July 22. Still she respected me as though I was her father.

The secret?

Wait for it.....

LIES!

See them ladies would never respect you if they knew they were older than you. Their ego won't let most of them, it's almost natural in most of em.

Don't say your age first, trick them to always say theirs first grin. And then Interpolate and add numbers to your real age

Babe got mad curves. The day she told me her age my heart flew grin I had to compose myself back again and added 6years on top of my age.

You are welcome grin
bad guy

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
MhizzAJ:

It's very much overrated
I'm tired of some people on this thread preaching the gospel
There are couples happily married today even with the age difference....It's just a number
OP, don't take this post seriously, we guys won't lie to you, it's definitely a lady that will tell you this. Never, I mean never enter a serious relationship with a lady older than you, unless you want to hit and run.
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
raziboi:

bro, Number one rule.. is never tell a girl your age..
Yeah... Golden Rule!
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Yommy247(m): 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bro, concentrate on yourself, make money, make more money. Go back to her and ask her out again. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

I would advice you to quit chasing her for the following reasons:

1. You are just 21.
Too young to stress yourself over one babe. Move on,girls are everywhere. Concentrate on defining and achieving your life goals because the trajectory of your life will be determined by what you do in the next 10 years. This is something that doesn't get said a lot in Nigeria, but your life is determined in your 20's and 30's.

2. You have wasted too much time on her already.
The longer you chase a woman, the lower your chances of getting a 'yes' from her. A long chase dulls the ardor. She probably wont ever agree to your advances unless she runs out of options - which wont happen soon to a 22 year old lady.
Next time, aim to 'shock and awe'. Get a yes in 4 months or less.

3. She is 22
The worst time to look for a serious relationship with a lady is between the ages of 18 and 26. This is the time they want to experiment and party. The chances of her being anchored are low. Very low.

4. She objected to you on the basis of age.
This is a constant and unchangeable factor that will work against you forever. Women date up, men date down.
Unless you can show some other solid way you are her superior, your chances of getting this babe (and holding on to her if you get her) are slim. She will always look down on you.

PS
Just my two cents. YMMV. Always ask a financial professional before investing with advice taken from the internet. I wont respond to snarky comments; its 2018 and I have new resolutions - keeping away from the bad energy is one.
Now I'm going back to politics and science section cool
You hit the nail right on the head mann

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Yommy247(m): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
Franky826:
grin

The secret?

Wait for it.....

LIES!

You are welcome grin
Low self esteem n ba eleyi ja o. Why the lies?
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2018
olaolaking:
. I don't understand.

My wife is 3 years older. It boost my ago. She had more qualication, more exposure, experience than me.
maybe you have money than her, because some ladies love money.
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Yommy247(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2018
merryossai:
any man that is well to do, is old enough to date his mate. life has thought me that; its not about being of age, but about being of stage(financial maturity). with this your age(21yrs) and your financial stage, I must admit age is a barrier cos both of u can't settle down as couple in the future. u just graduated, u should channel more of your effort in making money, or dating a younger girl u can marry in 5 or 10yrs time and not dating your aunty.
Please tell him again
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by jeff1607(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
For a man - age doesn't matter

For a woman - it really matters to them

Try pissing her off and watch her rub it in your face

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Yommy247(m): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
datfreshdoc:
Nope.. not in your case. You just gotta have brains and sweet mouth... shikena

Thank me later.
Currently searching for your brain tho
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
jeff1607:
For a man - age doesn't matter

For a woman - it really matters to them

Try pissing her off and watch her rub it in your face
Exactly. Imagine a lady we were doing FWB called me and I didn't pick... started telling me I can't return her call that is she the one that's supposed to be calling me, is she not older than me ?

I just weak undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ubunja(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hussainvictor12:

How is IQ measured?
its basically a questioner with a series of diagrams etc.and your score is a marker of your intelligence level.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
my dear age does not matter....am 36 now and my woman is 39.....am even going for the introduction this saturday Jan 6...we started dating since 2015....she has been so supportive n respectful. .....go ahead....don't look at the age but the person....cheers

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
my dear age does not matter....am 36 now and my woman is 39.....am even going for the introduction this saturday Jan 6...we started dating since 2015....she has been so supportive n respectful. .....go ahead....don't look at the age but the person....cheers
she agreed because she's out of the market, she's getting close to 40, a young lady like 25 can never date someone younger and if she even agree, the relationship will be a dead end.

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by jeff1607(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
IAmFreeman:
Exactly. Imagine a lady we were doing FWB called me and I didn't pick... started telling me I can't return her call that is she the one that's supposed to be calling me, is she not older than me ?

I just weak undecided

Bro, that's women for you

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ubunja(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

3. She is 22
The worst time to look for a serious relationship with a lady is between the ages of 18 and 26. This is the time they want to experiment and party. The chances of her being anchored are low. Very low.
any man that wants a woman AFTER her party years deserves her saggy boobs,borehole pvssy and graveyard womb thats aborted more than dozens of unborn babies.

men of quality deal with fresh nubiles with bodies that are oven fresh. my matrimonal home is not a Retirement Home for former slay queens.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
ubunja:

Men are not more intelligent than women. In fact I suspect the opposite. Women are not given the incentive to compete with men over long periods and especially after puberty. Females regularly outperform males in the early years until their 20s. I suspect oestrogen plays a role in the decline as well as cultural factors.

Scores on intelligence tests are influenced heavily by external factors including education, exposure and culture. If you have indirectly coached someone on a subject and he goes on to score highly on a test, is that intelligence? For instance, are all whites more intelligent than all blacks or does the environment play a role ?

Finally, this line of discussion arose because you claimed a child was more intelligent than his mother because of exposure. No he is not.

Intelligence is a very complex subject
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Chykes403: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Am happy and sure u hav learnt from evryones comment here. Another tin i want u to learn is how to make money and be productive
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
ubunja:

any man that wants a woman AFTER her party years deserves her saggy boobs,borehole pvssy and graveyard womb thats aborted more than dozens of unborn babies.

men of quality deal with fresh nubiles with bodies that are oven fresh. my matrimonal home is not a Retirement Home for former slay queens.

I wont be drawn into battle with you over this. To each his own wink

I personally like them 27 to 31. No time to deal with drama queens

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by braine(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
Franky826:
grin

The secret?

Wait for it.....

LIES!

You are welcome grin

Bad guy, Youre the real G bro.

Dating older women is less stressful. They're matured and with less lies/drama than the younger ones.

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by MhizzAJ(f): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
IAmFreeman:
OP, don't take this post seriously, we guys won't lie to you, it's definitely a lady that will tell you this. Never, I mean never enter a serious relationship with a lady older than you, unless you want to hit and run.
What a mentality and a very backward way of thinking!
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ubunja(m): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Men are not more intelligent than women. In fact I suspect the opposite. Women are not given the incentive to compete with men over long periods and especially after puberty. Females regularly outperform males in the early years until their 20s. I suspect oestrogen plays a role in the decline as well as cultural factors.

Scores on intelligence tests are influenced heavily by external factors including education, exposure and culture. If you have indirectly coached someone on a subject and he goes on to score highly on a test, is that intelligence? For instance, are all whites more intelligent than all blacks or does the environment play a role ?

Finally, this line of discussion arose because you claimed a child was more intelligent than his mother because of exposure. No he is not.

Intelligence is a very complex subject
i didnt say a child was more intelligent than the mother. i said YOU. and you are not a child.

if women are more intelligent than men then given man's thousands of years (or millions of years depending on your beliefs) on this earth why have women not accomplished anything till now. a smarter will beat a stronger in the long run. yet 95% of all inventions and accomplishments are from men.
there are societies here and there that have been discovered that are women-led (google is a good friend) and women have a much greater say in them.now the one big thing discovered about these societies is that they are generally primitive technology-wise.
then we look at today's world with all efforts to get women ahead.even US universities now have more women studying in them than men.but the wonder is that even with such opportunities offered them women still shy away from the STEM fields (Science and Maths etc) . most women just choose what they can take on.thats why most women become nurses while its mostly men that become doctors.
moving away from that look at the courses women study for and the jobs they take.most women enter the Services Industries where they deal directly with people.but these jobs are being taken over by automation and feminists are again having to ponder the question: Why do women seek easy careers where they can be easily replaced! its coz they are not smarter to do any other thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Martin0(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
MhizzAJ:
What a mentality and a very backward way of thinking!

Remember u ve not answered my question ooogrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? / Tips On How To Kiss Your Partner! / Pictures Of a Lesbian Couple ...............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.