Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge (44979 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500,000 As Seed (Video) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Lady Who Sowed Husband's Car As Seed In The Church / Lady Sows Her Car As Seed In Church, Gets Another From US Returnee (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Ournolly: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
jaggedboi:

No exceptions. spiritually a girl is under her parents. At once she is married she is under the man. If you don't get your husbands blessings the pastors blessings null and void( NOTE: this does not apply when the man is a drunk or wayward) based on what the OP wrote,his wife's seed is void because the spiritual head did not know about it.
I have given my 50k to give to my pastor. He collected it and still approached me afta a Sunday service to be sure I know about it. Because he believes if I do not approve of it then it's useless. This topic is a bit deep. I can send u a shot message u can decide afta listening to it.
Thanks Bro, you reasons like a wise man.
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Loonyy(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
from a famous story in the Bible, our father Abraham and his wife Sarah when He wanted to sacrifice Isaac as requested by GOD, notice he never divulge the information to hi wife, and imagine what the woman would have acted knowing its her only child, so my Bro think am certain things in marriage are kept secret for a reason

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Paulosky1900: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:
Happy new year Nairalanders,

My wife is very churchy and spiritual. I love her for that but she told me this morning that the spirit ministered to her to sow something huge to a reverend father, so she carried all her December salary and gave to a reverend father. I asked her why she didn't notify me before she undertook it and she said such instructions should be carried out without anybody's knowledge.

I'm not a catholic member, I'm RCCG. catholic members in the house, is that how your doctrine is? We are young couple and I wish we don't have any serious disagreement for now.

I wanna clear you a little beat....Catholics don't pay tithes, we give from the heart and that rev father didn't ask any exact amount of money from your wife ,she just gave what she fills like giving to the rev father,in her heart she personally sow a seed and that is between her and God....sometimes people do give them as low as 1k,2k,or 3k inside envelope..am an altar server I believe in God but I can't do what your wife did unless it's a matter of life and death...everyone has the way they communicate with their God...wish you happy MARRIED life,divorce is not an option.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by IMASTEX: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
pocohantas:

Nigerian women are naturally under pressure, I wouldn't doubt you if you say no one is pressurising her. The womb-watchers are timing us, how else do we prove to them that we're not refurbished oloshos? You sef put yourself in our shoes...
You're correct. It is funny how some persons allow society to push them around. Most people create problem for themselves. I know of a woman who took her inability to produce a male child as her problem. Well as the husband doesn't care about the gender. He was rather comfortable with the numbers of kids he got & could care for.
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by uniqueman(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
lekonso:
Oga husband there is nothing wrong in what your wife has done. I'm surprised you said you are RCCG and does not know what is sacrifice. For your information when Pastor Adeboye retired from University of Lagos, he collected his gratuity, the whole sum without touching a dime from it and God told him to divide the whole money into 3 parts and instructed him (Pastor Adeboye) to give the whole money to 3 different ministries, which he did. Look at what God has done in his life today. I warn you very seriously if you do anything to that your wife because of what she has done, you will see the anger of God. In any case i'm very sure you will come back to this platform to share the testimony of what God has done in the life of your wife. She does not need to tell you before she obeys God, so that you will not prevent her. If she has told you, you will not allow her to obey God.

Absolute nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by stanliwise(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
jaggedboi:

No exceptions. spiritually a girl is under her parents. At once she is married she is under the man. If you don't get your husbands blessings the pastors blessings null and void( NOTE: this does not apply when the man is a drunk or wayward) based on what the OP wrote,his wife's seed is void because the spiritual head did not know about it.
I have given my 50k to give to my pastor. He collected it and still approached me afta a Sunday service to be sure I know about it. Because he believes if I do not approve of it then it's useless. This topic is a bit deep. I can send u a shot message u can decide afta listening to it.
There are many way to interpret the bible you're explaining here. Your idea of blessing will become null and void is questionable. I have never come across it in any Bible, I feel you are saying it as an implication of commandments given to wife in the Bible but Bro. It doesn't have to work that way.
Send me a link to the message
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by IGNACOSTI(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
And why why will this be addressed to the Doctrine of the Catholic Church
Madam is doing according to her faith
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Heavance(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
AnodaIT:
It's a bad precedent
We must never allow emotional or religious sentiments obstruct clear Bible teachings

In Ephesians 5:23, the Bible clearly states the order of hierarchy : Christ > husband > wife, therefore whatever the Priest who is representing Christ is due, it must be through the husband

Vs 24 explicitly states that wife must be submit to the husband in EVERYTHING

Therefore as a woman, you must understand this when accepting your husband. Be sure that his beliefs are yours cos you must be subject to them

The priest to accept this offer without representation by the husband is wrong. My pastor doesn't collect any gift from a married woman, you must come with your husband and it doesn't matter whether the husband is a member of that particular church or not
Thank you for this contribution.
It reminds me of the principal of the school where I served then, he said he was totally embarrassed and and angry the day his wife went on her two knees to greet the pastor in church, and his wife doesn't do that to him, knowing he is even older than the pastor.
What pained me was, a woman beside us even opened her mouth to say "its not bad na".... I was just sorry for that ones husband.
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by olushevy05: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:

My wife is very churchy and spiritual. I love her for that but she told me this morning that the spirit ministered to her to sow something huge to a reverend father, so she carried all her December salary and gave to a reverend father. I asked her why she didn't notify me before she undertook it and she said such instructions should be carried out without anybody's knowledge.

I'm not a catholic member, I'm RCCG. catholic members in the house, is that how your doctrine is? We are young couple and I wish we don't have any serious disagreement for now.

Good evening, what your wife did, my mum can do it anytime but not to the extent of 100 percent salary and she is seeing the result but in some cases she will not tell my dad and he's a pastor because you know man na, he might stop her. Sometimes she would have done it before she tells my dad but not for a day did by dad ever condemn her in our presence, he might scold her in the room but not in our presence. What I am saying is that if you want a better and a long lasting home, stop posting your family affairs here, a lot of bad advice that can destroy your home in one seconds is here. Just talk to her, yes it's good to give, but don't give and start suffering. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by dasparrow: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:

Even before we marry, I told her she will be going to school immediately after marriage and finish her course work as postgraduate student before we even talk of pregnancy but she said she wants to give birth to a child first. My parents don't even put any pressure on her and her own parents are already dead. So I don't know where pressure is coming from

The pressure is coming from the nosy Nigerian society that has not learnt how to mind their business. Even if you and your family are not pressuring her to get pregnant, colleagues at work, church members, neighbours, acquaintances will make all manners of comments and remarks aluding to the fact that she has no kids. Some will even start saying unsolicited prayers untop her head for her to conceive.

I fear Nigerian society abeg.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by pennywys(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:

what would you have done if she sown the said amount as a seed to a Redeem pastor, would you have brought it for us to notice ur hypocrisy?
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by postmann: 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2018
onlyme07:

And who says she will not give to her pastor if she attends RCCG.? The issue looks somehow though. There is no justification for the woman doing suxh but she's the best to tell her husband the reason behind her action.
Marriage is always clumsy so,op,thread sofly and don't tag it along religion.

It might have been her plans while growing or a promise to God for a loving husband or God's faithfulness to her household or her new year resolution. A yoruba adage says,if you see a home without rancour,ask the woman the magic.

Don't judge her and don't let ego set in. The lord you serve will direct you on what to do and see the reason behind her action

The problem is not her giving to whatever church but taking such a major decision without carrying her husband along who is her first priest.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Fkforyou(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
uniqueman:

It is really sad that you don't see anything wrong with what she did.

You are sad? It's not my fault... undecided
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by nwoke37: 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Meanwhile, Ambode has started 911 emergency service in Lagos!!
Check it out below..
https://www.nairaland.com/4265204/lagos-gets-911-service
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by flamingREED(m): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:

Well, we talk alot. She is my best friend. I took her out to many places even this Christmas. Only her banking work keep her away from me during the day time on working days. I have lots of freedom where I'm working so I have lots of time for her

You, RCCG, married Catholic?
No matter how I look at it,
it doesn't make sense.

Though your will has been done.
No man can undo it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by missyblissy: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:

Yes. She is trying to conceive. The marriage is just four months

Tell your wife to relax.... Just 4.months? Enjoy your marriage oooo cos when baby comes music will definitely change.

You don't attend same church? Hmmm it's non of my business whatever rocks your boat. I am a Catholic she. Should have informed you about it. The husband. Is the head of the church at home.
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by thunderbabs: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
Sebi its her salary, abi is der smtin u nt tellin us?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by pennywys(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
olushevy05:

Good evening, what your wife did, my mum can do it anytime but not to the extent of 100 percent salary and she is seeing the result but in some cases she will not tell my dad and he's a pastor because you know man na, he might stop her. Sometimes she would have done it before she tells my dad but not for a day did by dad ever condemn her in our presence, he might scold her in the room but not in our presence. What I am saying is that if you want a better and a long lasting home, stop posting your family affairs here, a lot of bad advice that can destroy your home in one seconds is here. Just talk to her, yes it's good to give, but don't give and start suffering. Thanks
well said, but I urge you not to mind the hypocrite. He is a religious bigot, if that seed was sown to a redeem pastor he would have been happy

Seun create a platform for them to bring their burdens

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by kevotek1000(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
Well, Mr don't blame her that much, the only obvious thing she did wrong was not to seek your consent... biblical, you're one and nothing would have been wrong if she had told you about it. Meanwhile, she's your wife you shouldn't bring this topic down here for criticism or to apportion blames. embarassed
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by lekonso: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
uniqueman:

Absolute nonsense!
What we are discussing here is far far above your level, this is not a discussion for babies like you still suckling breast. This is a discussion for elders

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Mrkumareze(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
ubunja:
if i were you i would be filing for divorce.
she respects the pastor's dick more than your own dick.
her and the pastor deserve each other

Grow sense a bit. This is not celebrity talks where u can voice anything of your choice
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by eeewise(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
lekonso:
Oga husband there is nothing wrong in what your wife has done. I'm surprised you said you are RCCG and does not know what is sacrifice. For your information when Pastor Adeboye retired from University of Lagos, he collected his gratuity, the whole sum without touching a dime from it and God told him to divide the whole money into 3 parts and instructed him (Pastor Adeboye) to give the whole money to 3 different ministries, which he did. Look at what God has done in his life today. I warn you very seriously if you do anything to that your wife because of what she has done, you will see the anger of God. In any case i'm very sure you will come back to this platform to share the testimony of what God has done in the life of your wife. She does not need to tell you before she obeys God, so that you will not prevent her. If she has told you, you will not allow her to obey God.
number 30 vs 10
what a foolish comment
smh

1 Like

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:

baba first off no priest i repeat no priest will ever ask any catholic to do so
ur wife or gf gave on her own will
ask urself why u neva see priest even in rome with private jets
no matter how hard dy try d true church will always stand

1 Like

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by ubunja(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
Mrkumareze:

Grow sense a bit. This is not celebrity talks where u can voice anything of your choice
look up top and you'll see the word "Forum"
now go to your dictionary and look up what forum means.
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by dasparrow: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
lawman88:

Thanks. I'll never divorce my wife even if she do worse than this. I'm simply asking for enlightenment on catholic doctrine but some people are taking it to a whole new level

Those taking it to a whole new level are the miserable misogynists in the house whose fathers maltreated their mothers. Don't listen to them. Continue to love, cherish and support you wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Peterosky(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
My brother I understand how you feel about her doing a thing like that without informing you. But my dear, if she says she was led by the spirit to do so, then don't get offended. Just be happy because there is sure going to be a very good reward for her action .I would have advised you to warn her seriously if she had said her Reverend father asked her to do so because some pastors can be very funny. Imagine my pastor asked all members to bring their January salary as first fruit to the church. I'm am still praying that God gives me the grace to comply with the command.
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by lereinter(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
oga after reading your story and some of your quotes,
something tells me you are not mature enough....
yu better take life easy
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by rose54321: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
No be her salary.
Well sha i didn't read the write up just commented on the headline.
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by motionz: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
rose54321:
No be her salary.
Well sha i didn't read the write up just commented on the headline.

Guy,the only advice I have for you is that if things are done without your knowledge in this magnitude,many more will be done. U both better sit down and talk things over before it becomes a problem tomorrow.

If it was me sha,no one naira for her for a while let her understand reality. cry

1 Like

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by Mrkumareze(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
Op. Don't be deceived by what you read from here, sometimes we go spiritual hence it's in the right sense. Giving out such does not mean she's having affair outside or that she's disobeying you. My wife once offered seed of some cash to a Catholic church where we worship, the seed was even from the money I always pay to her account for her upkeep. When she was about to tell me I shunned her cos I don't want to defile her purpose of the seed, so don't always play man in everything that has to do with your family.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by 2buffagain(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hmm...I would commend her on the seed but let her know not to do such again without consulting me.
Now really, it also depends on the financial dynamic in your marriage.

Does she make her salary available for family improvement? Or is you guys marriage the type where the woman just keeps her money and says "what's yours is ours, whats mine is mine".
Re: My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge by imustsaymymindo: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
pocohantas:

Nigerian women are naturally under pressure, I wouldn't doubt you if you say no one is pressurising her. The womb-watchers are timing us, how else do we prove to them that we're not refurbished oloshos? You sef put yourself in our shoes...

I like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / CPM General Overseer, Rev Obiora Ezekiel Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.