Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570709 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2018
Eddyella:
Oba should nt be d one 2 destroy d relationship crystal nd Somadina re about 2 start o,if nt gbege go happen.#Team Crystal nd Somadina#Following d story like kilode.
Confirm am with you on this
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Shedyprosper(m): 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
wondaful update,,,,more power 2 ur elbow..

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
nyc story waiting for more updates...thumbs up

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ebigbola(f): 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2018
plz naaaaaaa update.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
honourable356:
...."Not that kind of date"!

The fear of rejection. Yeah, I can relate.

Thank you for the entertainment and lesson so far.
You have my attention and Support today, tomorrow and a hundred years from now.

Aww....... thanks you.....

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
Adesina12:
Anything about LOVE is about TOYIN
I can predict the end of this story correctly
May be we will have tog o for honeymoon in Paris this time around
Rahaelfst start packing your baggage
Let me prepare fresh popcorn to go with.....
Weldone.....Soma and Crystal....hehe I am watching u both
Well done TOYIN
This is another version of rachealfst o. This is not another I fell in love or wrong number. Don't get it twisted my dear. lol.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 1:44am On Jan 24, 2018
thought it was an update patiently waiting for d next update. what will happen if Crystal and Obafemi ends together. pls make my breakfast by morning
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2018
Awwwn, my crystal
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 8:30am On Jan 24, 2018
I don check and recheck ooo. Aunty time don reach ooo for breakfast.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 8:56am On Jan 24, 2018
what going on i dey check every 5min
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2018
Dedication:
To my Facebook friends, Austin and George, who helped me with the Igbo translations.

MUMMY EJIOFOR
We closed for the day. After the lock down, I went into the house and also told Saburi to lock the gate.
I walked into the sitting room and met Crystal with a big bowl of popcorn and red wine. All her concentration was on the TV in front of her.
"Crystal, which of this guys are you seeing?" I asked obstructing her view.
She looked up at me and rolled her eyes. "Mum!"
"Never mind" I gave a smirk. "What movie are you seeing?" I said and sat next to her.
"Beauty and the best, not the animation version though” she said with a mouthful of popcorn.
"So how was your day?" I asked as she passed the popcorn bowl to me and poured herself a glass of wine.
"You mean how did it go with my dad!"
"Whatever. Wait you just called him dad!"
"Is it wrong?"
"No I just heard you call him that ever since you met him. You simply refer to him as father. Even this morning you called him Daddy Afam"
"Don't mind me, you know Oba refers to him as Daddy Afam I subconsciously said that this morning"
"So how did it go?"
"It was fun and I wish I had known him all my life"
"There is still plenty of time to catch up my dear"
"Mum! My dad is not happy"
"Why?”
"I know you too would have thought he had a good life with his family, the way I use to think. I always at this thought that he abandoned us for his perfect family but the reverse is the case"
She said and I dumped the bowl of popcorn on the center table.
"Si gi gini?"(what did he say?)
"Mum, he said he's three sons are sons of belial"
"What do you expect of the children of a diabolical woman. He beclouded that man's minds for years. As for the children I pray God will change them"
"Amen"
I listen with rapt attention as she continued. She told me everything her father discussed with her and I really felt for Afam.
"Ana m'anu!" (What a story) I sighed heavily. We continued with the movie.

I thought about what Crystal told me. Truth be told he did not deserve that kind of a woman as a wife. If he had Jesus before he married her in the first place he wouldn't have fallen into the trap of that kind of a woman. By the grace of God my daughter we never fall into the hands of an unbeliever. The Bible had already said it. 'what as light got to do with darkness' It will never work.
"Mum!"
"Yes" I replied and jolted out of my reverie.
"Daddy said he feels like staying back in Lagos"
"He can't abandoned his family and of course his business" I shrugged.
"I told him so too. That reminds me he's going back on Monday but he wants to come check on you tomorrow before he leaves" she informed.
"No problem" I said and heard my phone ringing.
"Guess who's calling?" I raised my phone at Crystal.
"Daddy" she replied with a smile. I nodded and picked the call.
I spoke with him on phone he asked if he could come.
"Afam, I already told you my door is open for you anytime. You have a daughter under my roof remember" I told him. He said he'll come with Oba after service.
____________________Toyin Taiwo

AFAM
I called Oba on Saturday evening and I told him, we will be visiting Amara's place on Sunday. He said he'll come pick me up for church in the morning, then after service we'll go to the place. I love the arrangement.

On Sunday, after service we went down to Amara's house. They have already made lunch by the time we got there. It was pounded yam and egusi soup and I wandered how they achieve that in no time. After lunch we went back to the sitting room.
"I never saw an house help in this house. So who did the pounding?” I asked Amara.
"Your daughter of course" she replied.
"I've never seen an only child raised like this Amara. Thank you for making a fine woman out of her"
She just smiled. Amara asked when I was leaving and I told her the next day but I promise to always keep in touch. I told her to give me her account details but she refused. I turned to Crystal too to ask and she gave me the same reply as her mum too.

Crystal said I can give her gift on her birthday and she gave me her birthday. Coincidentally we also share the same birth month. I'm not sure if I still remember Amara's birthday. I asked to confirm and luckily I still remember the month though I missed up the day

Amara exchanged numbers with Oba. She told him he's welcome anytime. By 5:00pm we were already out of the place. We returned back to the hotel and Oba promised to pick me up the next morning for the airport.

The next day, we got to the airport and I gave Oba a bear hug when my flight was announced. I payed him and I left. Inside the plane, I was smiling all through the flight. I left Lagos fulfilled, the faces of my smiling daughter and Amara flashed at me. I smiled to myself. Some hours later, I landed in Enugu. I called my driver who came to pick me up. I lodged back into the hotel I was before I traveled to Lagos. My driver came to pick me. And I reminded him that if anyone knows about my whereabouts then he's automatically fired. I called Amara, Crystal and Oba that I arrived Enugu safely. I got calls from the company and I told them that I'm resuming the next day.

BEATRICE
It's been more than two weeks now and I didn't set my eyes on my husband. I've searched from him everywhere. Even his personal assistant, driver all claimed they don't know his whereabout. Some even said he's out of the country.

My three sons were arrested by the police last week and I was told by the police that they won't be released. They're going to be charge to court. I used some connection and I met with the DPO The DPO told me that EFCC had already taken up the case but he can still help me out if I'm willing to cooperate. He asked me to pay #5million.

I tried to beat the price down but he said the offence my son's committed will earn each of them nothing less than 15 years imprisonment. He said if I want to avoid that I have to get the money in order to settle everyone involved in the case. I only had #2million cash in my account. I traveled to travel to Dubai last month to buy goods to stock my store. I had to run to friends to get the remaining money. I decided to stop searching for Afam. My children are now my top priority..

After spending a week in police custody my children were released with a bail of #5million. My children were released.
After there release, I thought they will be sober but they disappointed me as usual. They continue with their hard drugs which everybody now know them for and alcohol drinks, getting wasted. I don't know why God choose to give me those set of children.

Some days later, I got a hint that Afam is back and I decided to pay him a surprised visit in his office.

AFAM
I resumed work the next day. I had a brief meeting with my right men which include my secretary and PA.
They filled me in where necessary and I had a lot of documents to sign. I was to travel to India the following week to meet with our partnering Pharmaceutical company.

Three days later, I was in my office when I heard voices outside my office. I call in one of the security guard manning my office door. I had to put them there because of Beatrice. I already knew that sooner or later the news will get to her that I'm now in town.
"It's your wife sir"

"Let her in" I ordered. The door was opened wider and the almighty witch walked in dressed elegantly like someone who has no problem.

"Leave us" I ordered and the security guard left.
She walked towards my sit but I stopped her before she got closed to my table.

"Stop right there. You can take that sit behind you" I commanded pointing at the sofa.

She eyed me and sat down. I didn't join her on the sofa. I maintained my seat.
"What do you want woman, the last time I checked we were divorced and you've been settled in court"

"Afa...." I cut her short.

"For a start, I knew what you did to me and by God's grace I'm off your shackles"

"Onye jiri asi kojoo gi isi, Ibidogo ijukuru ndi amuma ugha ndi choro ka ha mebie ezinulo anyi. Ehn!"
(Who fed you those lies, you've been visiting fake prophets who want to destroy our home. Ehn!)

"Did you just say our home? Beatrice quit the melodrama. Which home are you talking about. The one I run or the one you run with your witchcraft and manipulations"

"So I'm now a witch after giving you three good sons"

"You mean the sons who are already your source of sorrow or the son's who I doubt if you'll ever have any gain out of them"
“Akpokwa mu na umuakam iyi Afam" (Don't curse me and my children Afam)

"You are cursed already Beatrice. The evil that men do live after them. It's just a pity that you dragged me into your mess. I should never had been the father of those sons of yours"

"Ogini! Did I get myself pregnant?”

"I only had one son with you before the divorce. That's the only thing I remembered"

"Oh! I bought the other two abi"

"Amaro mu. (I don't know) I shrugged.

"Afam, I give you three days to come back home or else...

"Or else what, you'll kill me"

"I know you went in search of that stray woman. I know she had a daughter for you. Don't play with fire" She threngthened.

"Beatrice! You knew all along that I had a child! You are heartless. You know what? Get out of my office" I ordered.

"You can't kick me out, I'm your wife. I bear you three whole sons"

"Useless sons you mean! Now get out! I don’t have time for your Shenanigans"

"You will regret this, I swear"

"You think so, anyway I give you the house and everything in it. For your son's I'll have to run a paternity test to find out if they are actually mine. Once they are mine, then they are covered. Good bye Beatrice, it's over" I rang the security alarm and the securities came in and led her out of the company premises through an hide out exit in order not to create scene.

I called an emergency board meeting immediately Beatrice left. Two hours later. The conference room was filled up with the board members on sit.
I entered into the conference room and everyone stood up to acknowledge my presence. I sat that down and they all did.

"Good morning members of the board. I'm sorry for this impromptu meeting"
I don't know if I'm thinking right or not but I had to mention the first thing that came to my mind.

"I want to move this company to Lagos"

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 9:22am On Jan 24, 2018
kiss
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by stizzy(f): 9:37am On Jan 24, 2018
shocked
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am, more anointing

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yetejid: 9:47am On Jan 24, 2018
good one, thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2018
Invites:

Samson712 , Gabriel6 AryEmber, shadows1 , whalesboss001 ,menwongo, MZmitchelle , bamssy,
bishop88 , AlimiYetunde, LadyMacbeth judette Ayoshewa12 Ibukzy, groundnut01 ICBBonita laidthrice Damigoro jmichael259 contactwale , ivumar ,muhammed50, Macfloyd7 eniolar0 , olabisi2000, Jonesboi, ogunholla olaayinkha, sussybaeAwelewap, sKeetz, Bobwitwicky
Charminee HeirApparent paulharry, NzeSteve, labelle123 itslyrix, showgolee laraemi phemmy429
despeakableme , Thobzeed Bookielicious PrestigeG razmub Kaybeeeee Seunfunmi18 Yemluvkid
Wongiwaynes, Shedyprosper Raeheemwayne novelBeast mubarakyoung , Emmyab Lordshola lyndaEliDaLaw22, pcaliphate CherylM, HeyIamWeirdToo, Major0303

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2018
nyc one,cnt wait for d nxt update....

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nikz(f): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2018
Waaaaat? Lag?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by peejaylemmy(f): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for d update,can't wait for d next........

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the update!
More grace to your elbow

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by dissybling(f): 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
thanks for the dedication ma... nice update.....

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by odunmba(f): 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mayorchelsea(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
rachealfst:
Invites:

Ejis324 ,Shayba , Maxwellbaba , Louisefaye henrieternal2016, GeneralP , Damilahrey, copg22, nkemdave, youngbravian moe100 , jeremylawrence , collinometricx , toboski1, veave, Goldstar24 Akunatakasi1 , vickyluvspices explosive04, thedondada joeaz58 Duane212 , Jayx24 , Lordxeer rayval henrystids, JoGray AdetoroBukola , tommegie52 , vickvan, borie4u mayorchelsea, pender22 chrisbaby24 5ky3 liljohn1375 Jasmine4 mrLhanray, kenchukscole, sambrow richyluvu, itzdrreyy , DiegoNakel Mc6xty

Happy weekend!
Great story I must say,thank you Rachealfst.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the update ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jane1234f(f): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
Wow,I love this

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by joromi36(f): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
[quote author=rachealfst post=64091345]Dedication:
Pearl05, whinnie,Gucciqueen38, joromi36, prettieO, princessadeola, empress101, hebraheem20, Veenessha, MerceeD, Mayreeyam, genius43, Didov1, Leesah, yunggreat.

wow thks for the dedication rachaelfst I'm honoured
my number one lesson here is learning how to forgive easily. it's really not easy to forgive Buh may God help us.
I'm glad to find a story dat atleast tell some parts of my life as well....

meanwhile #Obacrystal

anyone with me on that?

more grease to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sexyolori(f): 4:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
Nice One @ rachaelfst. entertaining but blessing lives @ d same time.more grace dear. God Bless U

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nmaglit: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
wow nice story
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Samson712: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
Interesting story, Thanks for the update ma.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by dupsai(f): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thump up ma. More wisdom and blessings fall on you

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2018
Nna mehn....you are toooo much,God bless you ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.