Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,276 members, 7,826,078 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (571295 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kehnnny(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
Its been long i comment here but trust ne i am following big time

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by menwongo(m): 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
rachealfst:
Invites:

Samson712 , Gabriel6 AryEmber, shadows1 , whalesboss001 ,menwongo, MZmitchelle , bamssy,
bishop88 , AlimiYetunde, LadyMacbeth judette Ayoshewa12 Ibukzy, groundnut01 ICBBonita laidthrice Damigoro jmichael259 contactwale , ivumar ,muhammed50, Macfloyd7 eniolar0 , olabisi2000, Jonesboi, ogunholla olaayinkha, sussybaeAwelewap, sKeetz, Bobwitwicky
Charminee HeirApparent paulharry, NzeSteve, labelle123 itslyrix, showgolee laraemi phemmy429
despeakableme , Thobzeed Bookielicious PrestigeG razmub Kaybeeeee Seunfunmi18 Yemluvkid
Wongiwaynes, Shedyprosper Raeheemwayne novelBeast mubarakyoung , Emmyab Lordshola lyndaEliDaLaw22, pcaliphate CherylM, HeyIamWeirdToo, Major0303
Entering the storing in a grand style

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ebigbola(f): 10:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
someone plz help am an addict back to back.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
thanks for the update rachealfst
Afam i like that ur decision , move the company to Lagos .

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ebigbola(f): 5:53am On Jan 25, 2018
waiting for Crystal and her bobo dinner date

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 25, 2018
Nice one.. Weldone Ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 9:26am On Jan 25, 2018
Hmm crystal and oba or crystal and Soma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 9:33am On Jan 25, 2018
Mummy where is our breakfast ooo.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2018
Ebigbola:
waiting for Crystal and her bobo dinner date

No be only crystal and soma dey here ....
Mummy ejiofor and daddy Afam nkor
Dume and Enitan
Feso and Hauwa
Don't forget the paternity test for Daddy
Afam children.

@rachealfst , don't forget to Onochie oooo let the poor guy be steady in his r/ship.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2018
Pinkfeet:
thanks for the update rachealfst

Afam i like that ur decision , move the company to Lagos .

So that he will be close to his love?

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:49am On Jan 25, 2018
Dedication:
honourable356, HARMYMY, oly0511, lonesome501,
EAhumble, thoseen21, WaleWavy, dupsai, Fasinaomolade, Sojikhing, Shedyprosper, FroshBae.

AFAM
I entered into the conference room and everyone stood up to acknowledge my presence. I sat that down and they all did.
"Good morning members of the board. I'm sorry for this impromptu meeting"

I don't know if I'm thinking right or not but I had to mention the first thing that came to my mind.

"I want to move this company to Lagos"

"Wow! That's not a bad good idea. We all know how large Lagos market is" one of them said.

"We once suggested this but you objected then" another said.

"There are so many renown Pharmaceutical companies in Lagos. How do we handle competition?” Another asked.

"Good question. The strategy and planning department will work on that" I said.

"We can’t moved the company to Lagos. Lagos is not feasible"

"Why is that?” Another member tackled.

"There are no more lands in Lagos. Even some of the Pharmaceutical companies in Lagos had relocated to Ogun state.

"Yes, he is right. Lagos is already jam packed. Most companies are in Ogun state now. And it's not far from Lagos.

"Wouldn't that be another journey from Lagos to Ogun State? Because I have another business I'm going to be attending to in Lagos" I stated.

"It's just like the outskirts of Lagos. I have friends who have company there. And they lived in Lagos and returned home every day after the close of business" Mr Kalu, My right hand man answered me.
"Really! That sounds nice"

“Yes, I've been there few times for consults. From my friends house in Lagos to his company. It's just about an hour, thirty minutes journey" He added.

"I think you should call that friend of yours. If he could help us get suitable sites we can purchase for the company"

He gave the friend a call and placed it on loudspeaker. He held the phone close to the mic opposite him. The man Mr Adebayo by name offered to connect us with his real estate agent in Agbara, Ogun state. He said we can get as many hectares as possible. And the sites are close to the highway. He scheduled a meeting with him and they were to meet in Lagos the following week.

After the call we set up a committee who will be in charge. And we choose delegates who will travel down to Lagos. The delegates includes A quantity surveyor, civil engineer and Mr Kalu. I promised to step in for the final inspection before the transaction.

After the meeting I went straight home. Luckily for me the house was empty.I went straight to my sons bedroom. One after the other. I searched for their comb and hair brush. I found some strands of hair on them. I took them and kept each in a small plastic bag and labelled it.

I went to the hospital and confided in my personal doctor who promised to be discreet about the DNA test. The doctor promised to contact me when the results are ready.

I left the hospital and went back to the hotel. I packed a suitcase and check out of the hotel.
"Take me to the airport" I said to my personal driver. Who took off immediately. We got to the airport and discharged him and told him to return the car to the company.

While waiting for my flight to be announced, I called Oba and told him I'm returning to Lagos and I need him to pick me up.
"Sir!" He sounded surprised . “But you just....

"Oba I'm at the airport already and I'll be in Lagos in few hours" I cut in.

"Why the change of plans, we still talked last night"
"I'll explain everything when I get to Lagos" I said and hung up.

I landed in Lagos and Oba was already waiting for me. He took me to the same hotel where I lodged the last time.
He helped me with my suitcase as I checked in. I told the receptionist I needed a Suite.

"Suite?" Oba questioned.

“I won't be leaving anytime soon. I'll explain later” I paid with my credit card via POS. And a card key to the suite was handed over to me.

I settled down at the suite and decided to satisfy Oba's curiosity. I told him everything that transpired between Beatrice and I. Including her threats.

"Oba it's better I get far away from her before she starts having me followed and find out about Amara and my daughter. She still thinks that Amara and my child stays in Enugu. So let her continue her search there. I had to come back to Lagos quietly. No one in the company knew my where about" I explained.

"So how long do you intend staying here?" He asked.

"I don't know but I'm not leaving my daughter again" Oba sighed, looking at me strangely.

"Have you told Crystal and her mum that you are back in Lagos?"

"No, I haven't. I'll call them and inform them" I replied and pick my phone immediately to make some calls.

___________________Toyin Taiwo

CRYSTAL
I was on the so called date with Soma when my Dad's call came through. He told me he was in Lagos. I was so surprised, he just left on Monday and today is Friday. I promised to check on him the next day.

The dinner date with Soma was great. That was my first time at the restaurant. I enjoyed myself and we both had fun. We chatted all along and I was happy that we were back to the way we use to be when we were still friends.
"Crystal, can we do this often? He asked.

"Hmm.... Don't push it, Soma this is not a date 'date' I said quoting the word date with my fingers. “We are just friends having dinner together"

"I know but you know I've really missed you, I've missed us. You are close yet so far. Do you know how my life was before we reconciled? I still.....

"So...ma! Please!"

"Ok, I won't say anything for now" he said and smiled.
When we were through he walked me up to my car. We hugged each other before I entered into my car and drove off while he watched me leave the parking lot.

I got home and met my mum having dinner. I joined her on the dinning while she was doing justice a large chunk of meat. I greeted her and sat opposite her.
"Care for meat? She asked.

"No, thanks. I just ate dinner. I'm filled. I replied.

"Why did you eat out?"

"I thought I told you I'll be going out with Soma"

"You said this week, you didn't tell me it’s today"

"You are right mum, I found out today as well. He just called me and he had made reservation for today. I should have called to inform you but I forgot"

"So you too have decided to make it public now" she grinned.

"Make what public?

"You two are done hiding after all this years"
___________________Toyin Taiwo
"Listen Mum! Let me just say this. You are right all along that I was dating one of my male friends and yes it was Soma…..

"Was?" She cut in.

"Yes we broke up or let me say I broke up with him"
She laughed. " You hid the relationship when it was really happening and you now decide to go out publicly when it was over?"

"Mum, you won't understand"

"Make me, you know I love Soma very much. So why did you break up with him?"

"Mum, I'm not telling you anything. He wants me back hence the reason for the dinner date and all but I've moved on"

"Are you seeing someone else?"

"No, I'm not really into him again"

"You know what don't conclude yet, let's pray about it"

"Huh! Mummy! Ok, I'll pray about it. If it's God's will then I'll go for it. It's just that my heart doesn't yearn for him again"

"Don't worry, Once it's God's will. God himself will take care of that heart of yours"

"I agree, thanks mum. Now let's not talk about me. Did Dad call you?"

Yes, he did o. He said he's back in Lagos. I was surprised he left few days ago"

"Daddy is back because of us, that I'm sure of us"
"Us or you. Is he my father?" She countered.

"Whatever, I'll go check on him tomorrow, then I'll hang out with the girls later.

"Alright go and change and allow me eat my food in peace" she said jokingly.
I wonder when my mum will realize that my father is still very much in love with her.

19 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2018
Sexyolori:
Nice One @ rachaelfst. entertaining but blessing lives @ d same time.more grace dear. God Bless U
Amen, thanks. God bless you too.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2018
kiss
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2018
Lovely update.expecting more ooooooooooooooo.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 10:40am On Jan 25, 2018
Nice update Thanks for the dedication dear
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nerd51(f): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 11:13am On Jan 25, 2018
Fantastic, nice update. Kudos ma'am.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 11:54am On Jan 25, 2018
nice update Pls reachelfst ma can you make d update morning and night.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yetejid: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
it's short na, well-done ma'am

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
hmm,nxt oooo
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
hmm,nxt oooo tnx fr d dedication,ma more wisdom....
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by AryEmber(f): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2018
Thanks Racheal, I am joining this ride as soon as I am free. BTW, I love the name Crystal, I wonder what made her mom name her that.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
Pearl05:

No be only crystal and soma dey here ....
Mummy ejiofor and daddy Afam nkor
Dume and Enitan
Feso and Hauwa
Don't forget the paternity test for Daddy
Afam children.

@rachealfst , don't forget to Onochie oooo let the poor guy be steady in his r/ship.

Onochie and Ezinne
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by oly0511(f): 5:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the update and dedication I wanted to make sure that you finish the story here in nairaland before commenting but then my partner in crime (Pearl05) called me out of my hide out and about the story there is nothing like finding happiness and peace in were you belong

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Shedyprosper(m): 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
tnkz for d update nd dedication ma,,,,,more grace nd updates oooo
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Oyinda8100(f): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
This is intresting,kip it up. Thanks 4 d mention
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Xteljay(f): 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2018
Ghost reader mode deactivated, mhen this story is just too interesting and educative, madam toyin taiwo I hail. keep it up, God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by honourable356(m): 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2018
Actually I have read many stories here from great and exceptional writers BUT few of them are unarguably in a class of their own..

With them on the wheel you are never bored....
With them on the wheel, nothing else matter not even Hunger....
With them every moment is intriguing whenever they pick up their pen or keyboard..
With them on the wheel your demand for more would be insatiable..

Yesssss....

They all have this uncanny abilities to bring out..
Tears...
Laughter...
Smiles...
Joy/happiness... and
Fear...

Funny enough they don't seem to know the effect their stories have on their audience...two out of ten might know but the rest simply have no idea.

Well, today's update? This is class..!

SOMA vs CRYSTAL :
Emm pardon my ignorance here,i never had a sister or grew up with one.. so tell me, plainly does lady get mad at someone they love and end the relationship when such things as happened between soma and crystal take place even after the truth has been revealed? Do they completely move on just like that.. on account of a statement that the speaker didn't even mean?? Tell me something I don't know..please

Every update so far has undeniable been highly entertaining..
Thank you Toyin...
Thank you for the dedication.

never thought I would have met someone capable of giving

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ogunholla(m): 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2018
rachealfst:
Invites:
Thanks for the invite ma'am, still wondering how you got to notice me despite ghosting the thread. Thumbs up, this piece is a bomb. God bless you for putting smiles on the faces of people with this. The work of your hand is blessed.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by seg005: 11:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
rachealfst:
akon5002, olite93 , laraemi, Vicoch, melsbraga, thoseen21,mascotblaze, gerardini, olylove ,Muafrika2 , sudirvulon,
osothe, sudirvulon ,
OmoEziokwu , Ebonyivoice, seg005 , closerange,
bentube

You are allh invited.

Thanks for the invite ma.... I never knew I almost had a carry over course by missing the delicious lecture session (write up) by one of our leading writers.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Vickiey192(f): 6:11am On Jan 26, 2018
Am a ghost reader of this wonderful story but it's
An interesting story that I couldn't wait for the update
In which I have to purchase it on Okada books
You are a great writer
God will uplifting you in every area of your life ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 8:42am On Jan 26, 2018
Eagerly expecting our morning tonic.

Rachealfst may your inspirations and wisdom never cease. May the Most High bless the works of your hands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.