Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (571364 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ennyolah: 9:47am On Jan 26, 2018
Thumbs up for the best novel writer.i love all your works.expecting a double update today plssssssssssss ds.God bless.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ennyolah: 10:30am On Jan 26, 2018
Sis Racheal, please come and update o.Ghost mood deactivated.First time commenter.dont mind if an update is also dedicated in my name:'
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2018
Vickiey192:
Am a ghost reader of this wonderful story but it's
An interesting story that I couldn't wait for the update
In which I have to purchase it on Okada books
You are a great writer
God will uplifting you in every area of your life ma
Amen. May God bless you on every sides. Thank so much sis.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2018
Chumzpinky I just saw you viewing this story. Please how are you and your family ma?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2018
Dedication:
Vickiey192, Pearl05, Ebigbola, mayorchelsea, Nmagalit, Samson712, Bdemmy4real, Oyinda8100, Xteljay, ogunholla, seg005, Ennyolah

OBA
I took the last passenger for the day from Airport to Surulere. I needed to go to the market. From Surulere, I went straight to the market to get my parents some food stuff.
As the first child and only son of the family. I've made it a point of duty to always provide food for my family monthly. I stucked the house with food stuff that will last a month.

My parents are low income earners. They engage in petty trade that can hardly sustain the family. I have two other siblings. One just got admission into the university while the other is still in SSS 3. My shouldered my siblings responsibilities.

I had to work and school at the same time just to have my Bsc but after I graduated, I toiled and toiled but couldn't get a descent job. Thank God for a good man in my area that gave me one of his car to use as cab. He asked me to pay in installments which I did and the car is finally mine. He gave the car away at a very considerate amount. The man was also the one who introduced me to someone at the airport transport park and that was how I started working at the airport park. This fetch me more money as the cab fee at the airport is higher. And that was how I was able to keep the body and soul together and also take care of my family. And thank God for customers like Daddy Afam who pays well. I have quite a number of nice customers. Some have even offered to help me secured a better job. I believe God we provide one in his time.

After buying the food stuff at the market, I drove to my parent's house. My siblings came out when they realized I was around. They moved the things I brought inside the store for those that needed to be in store and also some are kept in the kitchen.

We used to live in a face to face house before I started working but I managed to get a room and a parlour self contained apartment for them and luckily it also has a store. After the initial payment was due my parents made sure they renew the rent on their own. Claiming they don't want to kill me with too much responsibilities as I also have my life to live.

One of my siblings has rushed to my mother's store to inform her I'm home. She came back and start showering me with prayers. I'm used to it cos I get that every time.
____________________Toyin Taiwo
She made Amala and ewudu laced with egusi for me. The fresh fish soup too was on point. She always made sure I'm the first to eat out of the very foodstuff I bought. And I always enjoyed it. My mum had PhD in making that particular meal. She's a good cook, I give it to her any day.

I was busy savouring my meal when my father came in. We exchanged greetings and my mother informed him of the things I brought and he thanked me and prayed for me too. My father was served too. He was still eating when I informed them I was leaving. They pleaded for me to stay a bit longer but I told them I needed to be somewhere.

I left my parent's house for Daddy Afam's hotel. He had called earlier and ask me to come see him.
I got to his suite and met Crystal. We all exchanged greetings. I sat close to Daddy Afam.
"Crystal just got here too. She still can’t believe I came back to Lagos" he said
"I was surprised too when you told me to meet you at the airport"
"Imagine, he even got a suite this time. Which means he's not planning to leave anytime soon" Crystal said with a worrisome look.
"It's like I'm not welcome here" he said feigning anger.
"Of course you are Daddy but...
"No but, just let me be"
"Ok sir" she raised her hands in surrender.
Daddy Afam ordered food for us but I exempted myself. He asked why and I told him I just ate a while ago at my parents.

Crystal and I both listen as her father shared life experiences with us. One of the reasons why I like being around him. He's words are inspiring and it motivates. He also told us he'll be going for a business trip in India next week Tuesday. He's very transparent to me also not only his daughter.
Later in the day, Crystal announced she was leaving. Daddy Afam saw her off to her car while I stayed back in the suite.

____________________Toyin Taiwo

CRYSTAL
My dad walked me to the car and watch me Open the door and entered.
"You can go back now. Don't keep your friend waiting" I said referring to Oba as I was about to turn on the ignition.

"I'll join him shortly, I just want to watch you leave" he said smiling like I'm one special goddess.
I smiled back and try to start the engine but the engine refused to start.

"What's happening? Try to raise it"
I tried it repeatedly and I got the same result. My dad tried as well, nothing positive.

"I think she needs a mechanic. Automobile are really funny, it can develop faults anytime"

"Imagine I drove it here without an itch and now it won't start" I said sounding frustrated already.

"Let me call Oba, maybe he could help"

He called him and he came right away.
"Crystal is still around!" he said when he sighted me.
"Her car is faulty"

Oba got in and tried to no avail. He opened the burnet and checked the oil and all. He adviced I call my mechanic.
"My God! Not today... I need to be with my friends and they are already waiting for me. One of them just sent me a message on WhatsApp" I said.

"Oba can you please take her to where she's going?" My dad requested.

"Thanks, I said.
I called my mechanic and gave him the description of the hotel. I told him to call me when he’s here, so I can call my Dad to meet with him to give him the car key.
I gave my dad the key after locking the car.
He knew I wasn't happy. He collected the key and hugged me.

___________________Toyin Taiwo
"Cheer up my dear" he said and I smiled. "Take care. My regards to your mum"

"I will, thanks" I said and left with Oba.

He asked where I was going and I told him. On our way, Enitan called and I told her I'll join them soon.
"I can see your friends are anxiously waiting for you" He said.

"Yes, the funny thing is that I was the one who fixed the time and I'm late already"

"It's not your fault, don't be too hard on yourself"

"Yeah. Oba! Do you support my father leaving his family behind in Enugu. I still don't know what he's doing here in Lagos. Don't you think he’s been selfish"

"Selfish you say! If been happy is called selfish then I wouldn't mind to be selfish. If he's happy here, then we should let him be"

"I can see you knew his history too. He's not happy with his family at all"

" So, let's support his decision"

"Ok. We are here already"

"Yes" he replied and parked the car"

"How much is my bill?"

"I think the question you should ask is how will you get home from here?"

"I'll take a cab, don't worry about me"

"I know this area very well. Taking a cab here at night could be dangerous except you have a known cab man" he explained.
"No, I don't.

"If you don’t then it's dangerous"

I placed my hand on my temple trying to think.
"Don't worry I'll wait for you"

"No...no.. you don't have to do that. You know girls gist nau...we may not leave here until another two hours"

"Crystal! This is what I do for a living. That's the nature of my job. Sometimes I wait as long as five hours for a customer. Once the person is ready to pay for my time"

___________________Toyin Taiwo
"You want to wait?"

"Sure or do you want your Dad to have my head if anything happens to you!" He said playfully.

"Ok, but I won't like to keep you in the car. You can come in and have some drinks. It's on me" I said.

"Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I'd rather wait here in the car. I’ll just while away time watching some movies I just downloaded.

"If you insist. I'll leave now" I said and alighted.

I entered into the restaurant faced with the prying eyes of my friends.
Me: Sorry ladies, my car broke down.

15 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mhizcutie(f): 11:26am On Jan 26, 2018
aunty rachealfst thank you for being consistent with your updates.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ennyolah: 11:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for your consistency and dedication.Have a fun filled weekend.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nerd51(f): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for the update. I'm beginning to like this Oba of a guy oo

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 11:35am On Jan 26, 2018
hmmmm,aunty toyin,dis update is short nw.abeg i dey expect more ooo.kudos

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 11:40am On Jan 26, 2018
Hmmm, chemistry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by oly0511(f): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2018
nice update but I pray for Crystal and her mum safety because i know it not going to be easy for them

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by phayth(f): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
Your updates are really timely.Thank you, and do have a beautiful weekend!!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by timota(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for the update ,more grace

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mstymah(f): 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for this beautiful write up... this is so interesting...more power to your elbow....

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
Is it till tomorrow you will update another one now?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2018
So oba is now a graduate abi...I see

Team Soma and Crystal

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
rchilee:
So oba is now a graduate abi...I see

Team Soma and Crystal

I smell twisting in this story here

Oba vs Crystal and Soma vs Silver

I bet it

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 26, 2018
Adesina12:

I bet it
Exactly what i am thinking
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by oluwatoyinrotiba: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
what a very interesting story, kudos to the writer. expecting more ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
Well done Ma.. thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nikz(f): 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
The best so far.......... ure da bomb girl may God bless u oh

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
Salivating for more update ma'am. More grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 26, 2018
Rachaelfst please give us dinner na grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by honourable356(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
Adesina12:

I bet it

Excuse me,I just don't get it...
What are you talking about here?
Are we reading the same story or you just err on your comment?

I don't actually care who will end up with who in this story... I am more concerned about the lesson in it.

Is Soma and Silver not cousins or are my eyes playing trick on me? if not what do you mean by Soma vs Silver

So when you say Oba vs Crystal... Soma vs Silver do you in anyway mean that they will end up getting married??

Cousins don't marry cousins... it is an abomination in Igbo land!!!

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Melancholy(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
Wow! Wonderful all the way. Rachealfst, you never disappoint me mehn.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Oyinda8100(f): 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
Tanx 4 d update and d dedication ma
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
reachealfst, thanks for the update.

I so muchlove the mental pictures, of how Crystal's mum has maintained her maturity throughout the story.

my advice to Oba is to maintain his captivating and well calculated lines , because we are going to rig Crystal's love for him by all mean even though am neither PDP nor APC.

That Soma of a rapist don't deserve her! he is to desperate to win crystals love back, over the dead body of our gallant senator dino melaye! lol.

Mr. Afam should be careful of how he takes decisions, moving his hard earn company to Lagos. Lagos no be Enugu oooh! I wish him best of luck. he shouldn't forget to call his pastor abeg, because I no trust Beatrice at all!.

If I know that DPO that collected 5million to do away with a drug related offence, the case will be revisited and transferred to IGP's office here in Abuja.

lastly, Crystals seem to be an extrovert, from all I have gathered from the story. I pray she doesn't bully our brother(Oba) aka mr. hustler

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
honourable356:

I don't actually care who will end up with who in this story... I am more concerned about the lesson in it.

Is Soma and Silver not cousins or are my eyes playing trick on me? if not what do you mean by Soma vs Silver

So when you say Oba vs Crystal... Soma vs Silver do you in anyway mean that they will end up getting married??

ok. Matthew 7:7 say so.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
honourable356:

it's like one of the elders from igbo land is here.

I hope the igwe doesn't get to hear this?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
honourable356:

Thanks for your observation bro.
I missed the cousin part ...the person I am talking about is the lady that just joined crystal friends clique
Help me with her name....I think she's likely to replace crystal while crystal goes the other way
Sweet popcorn for you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.