Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570614 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by genius43(m): 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
princessadeola:
I don't have problem with Oba and Crystal, but the issue is will her friends be able to accept Oba completely not because of the social status, but I guess they all want her back with Soma.My opinion though. Anyone seeing it this way?

My thoughts exactly, she might have more problems from her social circle than her family

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Horlar995(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thumbs up for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Feyikemi12(f): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Like I'm Seeing Ezinne And Soma 2geda O..... Weldone Ma'am

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by bimberry1307(f): 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks for the dedication baby. I don't think crystal's social circle can affect their relationship if it eventually happen. oba isn't an illiterate only that he's not from a rich family. mind you, that doesn't mean he's going to stay poor forever. money doesn't equate happiness. If she's gonna be happy with him, good. they can build their lives together... Even though it's not entirely soma's fault things went awry between them. #my opinion though.

4 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Azzy994(f): 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
amazing! amazing!! u are wonderful, your writes-up is just wow! keep it up and may Lord be your strength. thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks for the update please crystal give soma chance

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mofy1(f): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
labelle123:
Thanks for the update
please crystal give soma chance
What part of it you don't get that she nolonger have feelings for soma. These are the mistake we make in life trying to pity men by given them a chance even when the feeling is blank.

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Am not commenting until I see a long update.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by tijehi(f): 1:14am On Feb 08, 2018
aprilwise:
Am not commenting until I see a long update.

Aunty, this one that you did, Biko what is it called

Ayam confused

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 5:28am On Feb 08, 2018
tijehi:

Aunty, this one that you did, Biko what is it called

Ayam confused
Am not an Aunty. I said half of what I wanted to say.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by bigbauer(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2018
Someone help me! She's given me an addiction, with 'Broken Hedges' how do I get unhooked from this? I need me a fix. Rachealfst gimme an update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nikz(f): 8:43am On Feb 08, 2018
bimberry1307:
Thanks for the dedication baby. I don't think crystal's social circle can affect their relationship if it eventually happen. oba isn't an illiterate only that he's not from a rich family. mind you, that doesn't mean he's going to stay poor forever. money doesn't equate happiness. If she's gonna be happy with him, good. they can build their lives together... Even though it's not entirely soma's fault things went awry between them. #my opinion though.
I agree with you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2018
mofy1:

What part of it you don't get that she nolonger have feelings for soma. These are the mistake we make in life trying to pity men by given them a chance even when the feeling is blank.
Easy na just story naaa
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2018
CRYSTAL
We got to the hospital and went into the physiotherapy building. I was ushered into one the cubicles enclosed with curtains. Oba stayed back at the waiting room.
The exercise was painful but I just had to allow the therapist do their job.
After the therapy session. The physiotherapist asked if I came with someone.
"Yes, why do you ask?"
"Your dress is badly stain. I can see you are on your period" She informed.
"Oh my God!" I quickly checked and I was truly in a mess. I thought the sanitary pad could handle it but I was wrong.
I was really embarrassed, thank God the physiotherapist is a female.
"Though I felt the heavy flow during the exercise but I didn't know It's so much that it got me stained already” I explained to the physiotherapist.
"It happens like that sometimes, the flow get heavy due to rigorous exercise. Next time when you are on your period, you’ll have to come with extra clothes and sanitary pad.
"But you should have told me all this earlier"
"I'm sorry, I thought you knew. What's the name of the person you came with, so I could call the person"
"Doctor he's not a relative, he's a friend. I'm embarrassed already, don’t make it worse by calling him"
"Like you said he's a friend. What are friends for. I can't help you, you know the number of patients I have to attend to. So try not to be embarrassed it's nothing'
"Ok... I said and she went ahead to call Oba who joined me inside the cubicle. Immediately he entered, he drew the curtain back.
He came in with a towel. Luckily for me the physiotherapist had already told him what happened. So I need not explain myself.
He handed the towel to me.
“We need to get you a change of clothes but the market close to this place I've not opened yet, they're having environmental or something. Is there any extra clothes inside the car?" He asked
"No, just pant and sanitary pads" Thank God I’m use to carrying things like that around when I’m on.
_______________Toyin Taiwo
"Ok let me bring them"
"It's of no use what clothes will I wear?"
'I think I have an idea. I'm coming" he said and left.
He came back with my underwear and sanitary pad.
"I just spoke to one of the cleaners, he offered to help" He informed and handed me a towel.
"How?"
"Just come with me" He said
There's a bathroom close to the cubicle. He took me there and told me to take my bath.
"Oba, even if I bath what will I wear, I can't wear a badly stained cloth"
"Just take your bath, leave the clothes in there. I know you can't wash because of your hand. I'll wash it"
"How is that possible? I mean why will you wash my blood stained clothes”
“Do we have any other choice?”
“My goodness! Ok, How do you intend washing it now?”
"I have detergent, the cleaner gave me some. And also there's a hot air blower where the cleaners dry the towels they use for patients.
"Really, how do you know all this?"
"I asked around. In 10mins top your clothes will be dry"
I just shaked my head. Oba is something else, he can think for Africa.

I took my bath and tidied myself. I tied the tower and came out. Oba led me back to the cubicle.
"Oba, are you sure you can wash a blood stained clothes and underwear?"
"Crystal!"
"Ok, you don't have to wash the pant, I'll discard it"
He gave me a 'let me be look' He left the cubicle and came back some minutes later, with dried clothes.
"So fast! Thank you"
"You are welcome" he said and left so I could wear my clothes.
I stepped out of the cubicle when I was through. He collected the towel from me and my hand bag.
I saw him returned the towel to the cleaner and gave him some cash. I saw the guy bowing in appreciation. I guessed that was the guy who gave him detergent and told him about the hot air blower.
I couldn’t believe guys like Oba still exists. He cared less about things some guys see has big deal.

We entered the car and I thank him all over again.
"Crystal, why are you avoiding my eyes. You don't have to be embarrassed. I noticed our gaze never met for once since I came into the cubicle" He said.
"Oba I'm embarrassed that's the truth, I pray I get over the drama"
"It's ok, we are friends or use to be friends. Forget that we are opposite sex"
"What's the meaning of use to be friends" I said looking straight into his eyes without thinking.
"Oh! You just looked me in the eyes"
"Yes and you just said we used to be friends"
"Is that not true"
I slapped his thigh and we both laughed heartily.

After that incident Oba and I became inseparable. That incident bonded us and we never brought up the issues we had on ground again. We always spent quality time together after work.

____________________Toyin Taiwo

MUMMY EJIOFOR
"Jesus! I screamed out of my dream.
My daughter rushed into my room when she heard my voice.
I was on my knees, praying already when she came in. She joined me in saying Amen to my prayers.
"Mummy, how bad is the dream. You are sweating profusely" she said after we finished praying.
"Crystal, I saw the two of us in a pool of blood"
"Jesus Christ! We reject that dream" she said.

Then my phone rang. I almost jumped out of fear when I heard the ring tone. It's just 2am. I picked it from under my pillow and check the caller ID.
"Crystal! It's your father!"
"By this time! mummy please pick up the call"
I swiped the touch screen to connect. "Hello"
"Amara! Are you both okay. I had a bad dream" He asked with a fearful tone.
"We are fine. I had a bad dream too"
"I suggest we fast and pray about it"
"I agree. Can we start tomorrow?"
"Yes, we can"
"No evil will before us in Jesus name.
"Amen"
"Crystal is here, she rushed to my room when she heard me screamed"
“Let me talk to Crystal" he said and I handed the phone over to Crystal”
After the call we went back to sleep.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by toyhin123(f): 10:25am On Feb 08, 2018
Beatrice no matter what u do,u can never beat d power of GOD

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 10:31am On Feb 08, 2018
Captivating!!! Thank for the update the lord is your strength. I know the dream is the handwork of that Jezebel.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 11:07am On Feb 08, 2018
This Oba and crystal matter ehn, I'm not understanding

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 11:42am On Feb 08, 2018
nice one ma bt pls can i get d full story cuz i wait any longer for dis ur short update once in a day.d suspense is killing me o
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by baddest99(m): 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
[quote "Crystal is here, she rushed to my room when she heard me screamed" “Let me talk to Crystal" he said and I handed the phone over to Crystal” After the call we went back to sleep.
[/quote]Tanx for d update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by baddest99(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
[quote "Crystal is here, she rushed to my room when she heard me screamed" “Let me talk to Crystal" he said and I handed the phone over to Crystal” After the call we went back to sleep.
[/quote]Tanx for d update
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Edipee(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
Interesting story line.
Well done @ Op.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by superjaks(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
@rachealfst
Sister mi...I've been gbaduning dis story 4rm day1

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
Yes o... People like Oba still exist. They exist only in movies. If you disagree,argue with your ancestors.
Continue.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
This story is dah bomb!well done sis
God bless you

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kehnnny(m): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
Well-done dear mire grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kehnnny(m): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
Well-done dear more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sexyolori(f): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
genius43:

My thoughts exactly, she might have more problems from her social circle than her family
so she should trade her happiness cos of her social circle?definitely not.d oba guy is not an illiterate and we have seen his level of intelligence,maturity and his close relationship with God.just one good job now story don change.pls lets not miss out on God's blessings 4 us because we r more concerned with the container not the content.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by genius43(m): 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
Sexyolori:
so she should trade her happiness cos of her social circle?definitely not.d oba guy is not an illiterate and we have seen his level of intelligence,maturity and his close relationship with God.just one good job now story don change.pls lets not miss out on God's blessings 4 us because we r more concerned with the container not the content.

Am not expecting her to do otherwise
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hmm.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
Thanks for the update..

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ogbanje Beatrice don begin show hasef.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jane1234f(f): 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
Still following

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.