Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570904 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
I would have love it if crystal can give soma another chance ooo,hope she won't be jealous later on sha,more update ma
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Deckline:

My dear,its my comment na. Public opinion. Freedom of expression. The Op no vex na.
grin i'm not vexing either

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ClarissaXX(f): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
Pricelessangel0:

Once A Girl? So What Happen Now? U Are No Longer One? Happy Sunday
lmaooo grin grin grin
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ettabel195: 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nice work I really enjoyed the story ��

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Pricelessangel0:

Once A Girl? So What Happen Now? U Are No Longer One? Happy Sunday
no dear am now a woman and a proud One of dat matter. hv a nice night rest
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Deckline:

Bomb keh... Please o. I will bomb near you.
Not u @rachealfst she is the bomb.
Loving it more please.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by teel123(f): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2018
rachealfst, long tyme no see
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Twenty47(m): 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks for the mention and please forgive me for coming late. Still trying my best to meet up with you people.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
It aff finished. Some and Ezinne Lobatan
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
Well done TT
I know we are expecting an horror and a disappointment
But, ehmmm please spare Oba and Crystal as I want to see them take their feelings to the next level
Kill the old people and leave the youngies to go for honeymoon in Paris
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2018
queenitee:
It aff finished. Some and Ezinne Lobatan
My queenitee how are you feeling?
How you no dey fall for Oba while I am still alive hehehe grin
I wanna take you to Paris oooo
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Adesina12:

My queenitee how are you feeling?
How you no dey fall for Oba while I am still alive hehehe grin
I wanna take you to Paris oooo
Oya let's go
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by lonewolf23(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2018
rachealfst Invites:
Sinmi53 , Franasoan ,
Didov1, Dusby , Twenty47, dtimz ,
Thobilobah , Thomasoguns1, saraphina,
SHEYOR, sussybae, phatty77,
lonewolf23, Tosodan, Kenjoshua10,
kwende, veave, Partaker, remiseyi,
franklyncj , MerceeD, klemmy,
hebraheem20, destiny4life , Simple9ja
hizzypearl, mecusbosco, Erystro
joshuamoses101, lollylove05 , tsound
genius43, Sensitivity1254 thanks for the invite

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ebigbola(f): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
My heart breaks when I borrow data to check for update....... and see ....... ..kudos to u madam T.T. but plz all we are saying give us update

__

__

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
If you ask me one thing I'm always being skeptical of when I'm bout to start a new story here on nairaland is "will the update come in quickly or will the OP finish the story" I might sound a bit harsh but trust me, it doesn't make sense starting a story you cant keep up with especially when you have many people following the thread. I know the OP might have other things to do like work and other pending issues that calls for attention, the OP should understand people following this thread are also working and have things to attend to. We can't just come here all the time to check for updates and you don't get any for like 24hrs now.... That sh*t can be frustrating mehn..

In fact, I am angry right now *in lasisi elenu's voice*

4 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Garphar(m): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
More ink to your pen writer More episode please���
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mcweber...
Atleast give kudos to the OP
Do you think it easy to be a creative writer?
More over she not pay for putting this story on nairaland.
As the Op has the right to do and undo same to the followers has right to read or ignore.....

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by horgahboss(m): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
d story iz gud. Following
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
HARMYMY:
Mcweber...
Atleast give kudos to the OP
Do you think it easy to be a creative writer?
More over she not pay for putting this story on nairaland.
As the Op has the right to do and undo same to the followers has right to read or ignore.....
Kindly go through my post and I don't think there was any place I tried to castigate the OP and I must confess she has really tried but why not see things from our own perspective (the readers). You rush down here almost every hour to see if we have any new update, then you get to see none for over 24hrs now... It doesn't make sense to me. Even if the OP is damn busy, let her come online and like say something as to why the updates are delaying. No one is paying her of course, but when she starts raking in money from her stories, deep down she is going to say "nairaland brought me here", and of course, we the readers too

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2018
Mcweber:

Even if the OP is damn busy, let her come online and like say something as to why the updates are delaying. No one is paying her of course, but when she starts raking in money from her stories, deep down she is going to say "nairaland brought me here", and of course, we the readers too

I'm glad you said 'even if she's busy she should come online and say something as to why the updates are delaying' but just maybe whatever she's busy with includes not being able to come on here to tell us why update has delayed.

Just my opinion tho. I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure she's not so happy not updating for 24hrs and of course rachealfst has her readers in mind.

And she made mention the book is available on Okada books just incase............

I know it's your opinion and you chose your words carefully but there could be another reason she hasn't updated yet and thesame reason she hasn't said anything yet. Let's just pardon her.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by D2Seun: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2018
Bdemmy4real:
I would have love it if crystal can give soma another chance ooo,hope she won't be jealous later on sha,more update ma

Humm let her try new grounds jor, cos she will always remember what soma did
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by D2Seun: 9:58am On Feb 13, 2018
Oya update oo more knowledge to your brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:39am On Feb 13, 2018
Dedication:
HARMYMY and cbella

ENITAN
We danced and I watched the way the guys took turn in dancing with Ezinne. I was dancing with Zite now. But when it got to the turn of Soma to dance with her, I saw sparkles in their eyes. I need no other hint, the both of them have falling for each other.
I withdrew from dancing with Onochie who was presently dancing with me at that time. I was not even concentrating.
"Did you see what I'm seeing" Hauwa whispered. She was standing behind me again. I'm sure she left her dance partner too out of curiosity.

"Did you see what I'm seeing" she repeated as if I didn't hear her the first time.

"Yes and I'm speechless" I replied her.

After the show was over. All the guys left except Soma and Onochie who helped us with some arranging and cleaning. Bisi wanted to stay back to help but we didn't allow her stay back. She looked like someone who needed plenty of rest, so we allow her leave with Zite.
Onochie left and Soma stayed back. Myself and the girls are staying over to pass the night at Ezinne's as that was how we ladies do with each other. We can decide to pass the night at any one’s house.

Later when Soma was done helping out. He announced his leave. We took turns hugging him before he stepped out.
Ezinne walked him to the car and I quickly rushed to the window. I quietly open the window bland and peeped. Luckily Soma's car was parked where it could be viewed from the window side.
I called Hauwa and Crystal to leave whatever they’re doing in the kitchen and join me. But they didn't come out.
"Hauwa! Crystal!" I called out again.

______________Toyin Taiwo
"What?" They chorused.

"Just come" I gestured with my hands as they showed up in the sitting room.
They joined me and we all looked outside the window.

"Now! Who are we spying on? Crystal asked.

"Soma and Ezinne" Hauwa and I chorused. It's like Hauwa as spotted them already and I wonder if Crystal needs glasses to be able to spot the images not too far from her eye sight.

"How do you guys find out?" Crystal asked when she sighted them.

"We have eyes too, miss eagle eyes" Hauwa replied with her gaze still fixed outside the window.
They were still outside talking. Then Soma held her hands. I was like 'ghen ghen' He released her hands and hugged her. Since we only have the visuals and not the audio we didn't know what they discussed and what led to the hug.
"Let's get back to the kitchen. Show is over" Crystal said.

“Abi moti lo ni” (I'm going nowhere) I said as the two of them understand yoruba.

Crystal just want us to leave because she knew what is coming up next and she didn't want us to see it. We the way things her, I can bet with my money that the show is not over.
"Enitan!" She called out.

"Crystal leave me be. The show has just begun and I'm going no where" I said adamantly.

"Hauwa, let's go" She said.

"Ehn! I'm after you" Hauwa who has been quiet just to concentrate on the scene before us spoke.
Few minutes later, it happened.

"Did you see what I'm seeing?" Hauwa's eyes widened.

"They just kissed!" I stated. I looked at my side and Crystal wasn't there.

"Did Crystal missed this?" I asked Hauwa.

______________Toyin Taiwo
"She left when I didn't follow her"
I hurriedly pulled the bland and we rushed into the kitchen.
"You left because you know what was about to happen next and you can’t stand it" I said, face to face with Crystal.
"I left because what you just saw is private. You shouldn't have seen that but curiosity will now allow you. I'm serious when I said I'm over him. But what's the point watching them kissed, it's not my business and that is why I left.
"You see Enitan was right. How did you know they kissed?" Hauwa asked hands akimbo.
"It's obvious, I know those love birds we seal whatever they're out there discussing with a kiss”
"Crystal, we all know this can't happen" I said.
"What is it that can't happen?" She asked curiously.
"We don't date each other's exes. Remember!"
Then we heard the front door click open.
"Mouth sealed babes" Crystal said and we all pretended as if nothing happened as Ezinne stepped in.
____________________Toyin Taiwo

SOMA
I got home and called Ezinne. She didn't pick at first. Then I tried again, she picked her call the second time.
"Hello, are you home?" She asked

"Yes, thanks. Can we talk?"

"No we can't. The ladies are around"

"Just step out for some seconds Ezinne. I want us to talk"

"Ok" she said. I heard her call out to the girls saying she wants to step out for a bit.

"I'm listening" she said. Guessed she was outside already.

"Why did you feel bad about the kiss, it's not that I'm cheating on someone with you"

"I know you are not it's just that...

"It's just what. I like you and I know you like me too" I cut in.

"Soma! You know we can't date"

"Forget the rules. I'll talk with Crystal"

"About what?"

"About us of course!"

"No....no. She already had her suspicion"

"I know her she will never oppose us dating. She already made it crystal clear that we can no longer be together. And we've both moved on.

"I know she won't oppose as she has stylishly pass the message across that you guys are through. So it's not about her. It's about the rules.

"Forget the rules it's made by men not God. All I need is Crystal's consent"

"Let me talk to her then" She said.

"Leave that for me to handle"

"Ok then but...

"No but. I care about you. After Crystal, I haven't felt like this for a lady in a long time.

"I care about you too"

"Good, we'll talk tomorrow. You really stressed yourself today. Please rest well"

"I will, thanks. Good night"

"Good night. I was about to end the call but subconsciously I heard myself saying the word 'I love you'

She heard it too but paused a bit before giving me a reply.
"I love you too" she said and the line went off immediately.

ll talk tomorrow. You really stressed yourself today. Please rest well

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 11:26am On Feb 13, 2018
cbella:

I'm glad you said 'even if she's busy she should come online and say something as to why the updates are delaying' but just maybe whatever she's busy with includes not being able to come on here to tell us why update has delayed.

Just my opinion tho. I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure she's not so happy not updating for 24hrs and of course rachealfst has her readers in mind.

And she made mention the book is available on Okada books just incase............

I know it's your opinion and you chose your words carefully but there could be another reason she hasn't updated yet and thesame reason she hasn't said anything yet. Let's just pardon her.
Very well then... Your words just calm me down.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Dessydemmy: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2018
oya now!!! unto the next one. This wont be easy for Crystal.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2018
Ghen ghen ghen love in the air to copy this tune press 1
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2018
Rachealfst,bia nwanem, i will buy bisikit for you. Biko#kotinue. Soma is my type of person.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pricelessangel0(f): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
angry, Wao! Am Kind Of Speechless. Ladys And Emotion. Kudos To U Ma Tnx For D Update
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2018
Dessydemmy:
oya now!!! unto the next one. This wont be easy for Crystal.

She's pretending as if she's not hurting

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by timota(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
cbella:

She's pretending as if she's not hurting
It seems crystal truly does not have feelings for the guy again so whatever Ezinne and her ex are doing is immaterial to her cos Soma has broken the edge of love and hence crystal's serpent of distrust bitting him.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
timota:
It seems crystal truly does not have feelings for the guy again so whatever Ezinne and her ex are doing is immaterial to her cos Soma has broken the edge of love and hence crystal's serpent of distrust bitting him.

I guess so besides it took her a whole lot of time to get over him and burry that in
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
wow I love this story.....may God continue to bless the writer

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.