Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570853 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2018
Freebiez:

That was not what he said.

I quote:

The above statement implies the following:
•I have been reading the story for free
•I should give her the cover for free.

Therefore it also implies that:
• I have been enjoying the author's fruits of labour without doing anything in return.
•That I read her story on Nairaland for free, not on Okadabooks where it is sold for ₦500.

Which also implies the following insult:
•I'm a greedy person who takes without giving.
•The op cannot pay ₦100.

Therefore it concludes the following
• I should do the right thing and give the cover free because I'm a greedy person and the author can clearly not afford such funds.

That is why I'm insulted.

If he had simply said, "Why don't you make it free?"

Then that wouldn't have been an insult.

OMO U LIKE QUARREL, PASS FIGHT OO!

LOL!, BROS PLEASE CALM DOWN.

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE, LET LOVE LEAD.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
rachealfst:
Lol. I select base on tribe or religion of the characters. And sometimes I just give the character an English name. And most times they are names I personally like.

But..........hmmmm!......... It's ok, let me shush for now, I'm intrested in one of the characters, let's see how the story unfolds....
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by igit270: 11:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
aunty toyin, tanx a lot I just saw the dedication u did for me since ooo,probably I didn't notice because I was scared to read that part...tanx a million, av not met u bfor but wish I could me u one day.tanx once again though I don't really comment, but sincerely I love the grace God gave u ,u always give me reason to check my self n relationship with God.tanx alot
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sensitivity1254: 4:52am On Apr 06, 2018
Freebiez:

That was not what he said.

I quote:

The above statement implies the following:
•I have been reading the story for free
•I should give her the cover for free.

Therefore it also implies that:
• I have been enjoying the author's fruits of labour without doing anything in return.
•That I read her story on Nairaland for free, not on Okadabooks where it is sold for ₦500.

Which also implies the following insult:
•I'm a greedy person who takes without giving.
•The op cannot pay ₦100.

Therefore it concludes the following
• I should do the right thing and give the cover free because I'm a greedy person and the author can clearly not afford such funds.

That is why I'm insulted.

If he had simply said, "Why don't you make it free?"

Then that wouldn't have been an insult.

She gave a possible reason (reading her story for free)to give it to her without charge.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 6:35am On Apr 06, 2018
Abeg mo na lock up jhor.

Make d mata die cuz e go turn to anoda tin nao.

Good morning to u all
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2018
unpredictedone:

Hmmm!

I read your comment, with a mental picture of you, saying all those words in an emotional manner.

Look, I never meant any harm ooo!.

Ehheh!, Last time I checked, YOU WERE YOUR MOTHER'S DAUGHTER, and it will still be so after her life on earth.

Madam?
No take this issue too personal oooo!
this one that you wrote "Mothers' prayers are very powerful".

Is some thinking, what am thinking? LOL!.

How was EASTER celebration for you and you famil?

On a normal day, I would have just ignored and lol, then I realized you don't know me at all.

So I just want to say something brief not to derail the thread.

What I typed didn't warrant for all this assumptions above but Happy belated Easter to you too. My Easter was okay.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hmmm
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Leesah(f): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2018
Freebiez:
Dear rachealfst

Excellent story you've got there. It can be made better with a stunning book cover.

I have a book cover available for sale.
For ₦100 (one-hundred naira only.)

Let's chat on WhatsApp if you're interested. +234 802 732 9239
I'll pay for it. it's my own little contribution and I know it's very small. send me a PM. rachealfst more ideas ma
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Arom21(f): 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
I respect you a great deal Taiwo... I have read your previous stories and began searching for familiar authors because I was bored... Then I saw your name and the stories you have written, I was like so this is the person that wrote the stories that kept me thinking for months... God bless your hand, God bless your brain... You are simply unique and amazing.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2018
Leesah:

I'll pay for it. it's my own little contribution and I know it's very small. send me a PM. rachealfst more ideas ma

Nice one! God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Leesah(f): 11:18am On Apr 07, 2018
cbella:

Nice one! God bless you.
My darling, how have you been?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 07, 2018
Leesah:

Thank you very much for your patronage. Hope to do business again.

This has been sent to your email as backup.

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Leesah(f): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2018
Freebiez:

Thank you very much for your patronage. Hope to do business again.

This has been sent to your email as backup.
Thanks dear. Nice doing business with you.. Rachealfst, the cover page is all yours and if you want him to change it to something else, please let us know. Thanks ma.

4 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:41am On Apr 07, 2018
Freebiez:
Dear rachealfst

Excellent story you've got there. It can be made better with a stunning book cover.

I have a book cover available for sale.
For ₦100 (one-hundred naira only.)

Let's chat on WhatsApp if you're interested. +234 802 732 9239
Thanks so much. I make book covers too. I even made for some co- writers here on Nairaland for free. But still I appreciate, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2018
Leesah:

Thanks dear. Nice doing business with you.. Rachealfst, the cover page is all yours and if you want him to change it to something else, please let us know. Thanks ma.
Thanks so much sis for this kind gesture. I appreciate, God bless and multiply you in Jesus name. You shall not want any thing good by His grace. Love you......

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2018
DAVID
We had a spelling competition in school. We are asked to come with our parents but as usual it's just my mummy, grandma and grandpa that showed up.
I came out first in the competition, I was called up to the front stage to pick up my prize. I came out and I was crying, my mum's eyes met with mine and she started crying too. I was sorry for making her cry again today but it's not my fault all I want is my daddy.
I stepped down from the stage after collecting the prize and ran into the hands of my dear mum who caught up with me and hugged me tightly. She cleaned my tears and congratulated me.
"I'm sorry for making you cry mum"
"It's ok my darling. I wish he was here to see he's little champ" Mum said as I cleaned her wet face.
She held my hand, grandma and grandpa walked up to us and congratulated me. We got into the car and went home. The drive home was silent except for grandpa who gave the driver an instruction.
We got home and they all followed me to my room and gave me a gift each for doing well in the competition.
"David!" Grandpa called.
"Yes grandpa"
"Look at your mum, she cried all the way from school to the house. Do you like seeing her cry"
"No grandpa and I already apologized to mum. It won't happen again but I'm five years and I know some people die and go to heaven to meet Jesus. I learnt that in children's church but you all said my daddy is not dead. So where is he, I want to see him"
"You will meet him soon my love" grandma replied me.
"Grandma, when?"
"You know what my baby, I'm going to give you an assignment and you have to do it if you want to meet with your dad" Grandpa and my mum looked at each other then looked at grandma. I think they are wondering what kind of assignment grandma want to give me but I don't care what it is. I'm ready to do it.

____________________Toyin Taiwo
"Grandma, you know I'll do anything just to meet him" I said.
"Good. Every morning when you wake up and before you sleep at night tell God whatever you desire and tell him exactly when you want him to bring your daddy"
"My son and you know Good answers prayers right!" Grandpa added.
"Yes, why didn't I thought of that before. I pray to God that I want to win the competition and I won. Thanks grandma, I love you" I said and she hugged me.
"I love you too my son" she replied.
"So do as your grandma say. Ok!"
"I will. My daddy will come home. I promise you, God will bring him back"
"Pastor David! That's my boy" My mum smiled for the first time since we came back from school. she hugged me.
That night before I sleep, I went on my knees. I told God when I want him to bring my Dad back.

CRYSTAL
It was my son 6th birthday and we've made solid preparations for the party. All my friends have been wonderful, they all wanted him to have the best birthday party. As usual the guys are there to fill in the void. Like my son's confession last week, he said he appreciate the love they shower him with and when he sees them, he sometimes forgets he's father wasn't around.
As for the birthday party, you'll think it was an adult's birthday because the turn out was great. Gifts, foods, drinks were in excess. My friends children all wore the same theme together with other children who came for the birthday and it was beautiful. We invited the children church. David's teachers, head mistress and class mates also we're present at the party and they also came with gifts.

David was extraordinary happy, it was as if he never had a birthday party before. He was jumping up and down for joy.
After the party, all the guest left except my friends and David's paternal grandparents and his Aunts were the only ones left.

We later gathered in the large living room downstairs. Some of my friends were just eating, they were busy with one thing or the other during the party. While some where getting ready to leave including my supposed to be in-laws.
The kids were running up and down happily. Giggling and dancing despite the fact that the music was off. "Kids party is over. Why the noise nau? Ezinne said trying to shush them.

"David's Daddy is coming back today" They all shouted in unison.
All the adults in the room looked at each other wondering what was was going on among the kids. We were like where on Earth did they get that from.
"David! I called out. Because I knew he was the one who would have told the other kids such a thing. I'm sure he told them his father is coming that very day and I don't know where he get that information from.
"David!" I called out again and he showed up.
"Yes Mummy"

"What did you tell your friends?" I questioned with an angry look.
"Leave him, it's just child's talk. They are just joking" his paternal grandma addressed me.
"Grandma I'm not joking my Dad is coming back today" David said confidently.
We all looked at each other again. Infact my mum who was up standing before decided to sit as we all don't understand David anymore. As for me I'm already tired and I don't think I'm capable to deal with David's 'father hunt' talk.
"Ok my son. We've heard you" My mother said to him as he draw him closer to sit on his laps.
"Grandma! Do you remember that you ask me to pray and tell God when I want my dad to come back?' He asked my mum and everyone in the room listened with rapt attention.
"Yes my son, I remember" She replied.
"I told God I want my dad to come back on my 6th birthday which is today" he revealed.
"Wow! I like your faith my boy" My father said to him and carried him from my mum's lap. He was about to sit when we all heard the door bell. As if on cue everyone one stood up, starring at the door. Fine it could be some of the visitors who couldn't make it earlier for the birthday. But I don't think anyone in the room thought of that because the only thing that was ringing in my brain is David's last words. 'I told God to bring my daddy today'
"Someone should please get the door" My father said.
"I'll get the door" David said and jumped down from grandpa's leg.
I looked at the time it's some minutes to 8pm. "Who is at the door" that's the only thing I could ask myself.

To continue the story visit:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/broken_hedge/17067

Author's contact
Facebook: @toyinfst

Thanks
God bless you

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
Haba ma, you wan kill us with suspense?

Rachealfst, there is God oooooo. This kind thing you are doing is not good.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
Thanks for the update but this suspense........
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ka52y(f): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
haba now angry mood you shouldn't have ended today's episode like this
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by starngie: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
Jeez d suspense is killing
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Arom21(f): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
Much more grace dear Taiwo... I started reading yesterday night and I am waiting for the next update... Much respect ��
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by elvi02: 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
pls oooo we want more.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by felix00(m): 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
Cliff hanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2018
Thanks for the update but please break the suspense na.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
See as you but me for One corner
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
Arom21:
I respect you a great deal Taiwo... I have read your previous stories and began searching for familiar authors because I was bored... Then I saw your name and the stories you have written, I was like so this is the person that wrote the stories that kept me thinking for months... God bless your hand, God bless your brain... You are simply unique and amazing.
Thanks so much. God bless you too and amen to your prayers.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Queenflourish(f): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
Oh my God, see suspense
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by temig(f): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
thanks for the update .pls oo don't kill us with suspense o
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by pweetygiftofGod(f): 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
Well done
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by JMK9600(f): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2018
Toyin, just come and kill me. Haba. This suspense is killing shocked shocked cool
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
Haaaa this suspense is killing oooo.......update pls embarassed embarassed
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Chosn4gr8tness(f): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
Thanks ma for the update. This suspense is killing

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.