Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570919 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ehhya....i dont want oba and crystal together again even if he comes back angry

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
Just kill one of them . Crystal should die so that when Oba returns he move ahead.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by lonesome501(m): 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
Pearl05:
Just kill one of them . Crystal should die so that when Oba returns he move ahead.
dat won't be d best thing to do,,i can say boldly dat it is our((humans)) rights to make mistakes and later regreted it and apologize,,while it is GOD's duty to forgive us our sins..u can't behead a person just bkus d person get headache nw!! the two of dem av already learnt their mistake,,suffered 4 it,,and beg 4 jah forgiveness!! But i must confess oo,,u ar sumhow((am i free to say dis)) WICKED.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 3:00am On Mar 31, 2018
Pearl05:

Lolzz... I know how you feel Ma'm.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:30am On Mar 31, 2018

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 6:03am On Mar 31, 2018
Oba is now a nanny abi caregiver to an old man.

5 yrs already and he is yet to restore his Glory back. His hair hasn't grown back.
His oil had run dry completely and it seem like there is no hope.

I know that there is hope. God is still in the business of restoration.

But I want you to kill Crystal please.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 6:07am On Mar 31, 2018
lonesome501:
dat won't be d best thing to do,,i can say boldly dat it is our((humans)) rights to make mistakes and later regreted it and apologize,,while it is GOD's duty to forgive us our sins..u can't behead a person just bkus d person get headache nw!! the two of dem av already learnt their mistake,,suffered 4 it,,and beg 4 jah forgiveness!! But i must confess oo,,u ar sumhow((am i free to say dis)) WICKED.

kiss . Thanks for the compliment. Cbella help me make rachealfst to do the proper thing.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2018
Five years is already gone! I feel Crystal pains. Seriously I was still having hope that Oba will return anytime soon. This kind of curse chai God intervene please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2018
Tanks 4d update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 8:13am On Mar 31, 2018
d old man dat nemesis has gotten up with after narrating his life to Oba he will learn his lesson an will come back cos he also hv his own story to tell. D old man will die leaving Oba as his heir. five years gone already I wonder how he survived all des yrs. more wisdom fall on u

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sensitivity1254: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2018
Pearl05:

5 yrs already and he is yet to restore his Glory back. His hair hasn't grown back.

I think the old man is the great dibia.

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emerald18(f): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
Next

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
Pearl05:

Lolzz.... grin the way I see it, Oba is a rich man waiting to happen.

Dont kill the villain of the story Ma'm.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
Pearl05:

Why do you want her dead?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by igit270: 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
ma ,I seriously appreciate your God given wisdom, n I pray he keeps enriching it.u won't fall out.

I guess dat. pa will be crystal Granpa or has something to do with her family past

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
cbella:

My mother's prayers keeps me going. I can say thesame for Oba and Crystal.

Ehe, really? For how long will your mother be your prayer contractor? Her prayers are only subordinate to yours, remember, Mrs. Afam's prayers alone couldn't save her daughter let alone Oba's mum's revelation.

Am just passing ooooo!

Lolz

Meanwhile HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2018
Pearl05:

I do not think that is Oba, probably the babalawo who worked for Beatrice

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emerald18(f): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
#rachealfst.. happy New month ND happy Easter dear.. . plz dnt forget to give us Easter update doh ..

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by PrincessMM(f): 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Uhm. Happy New Month & Easter Celebration. . Crystal must nt die o, y nah?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by itsandi(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:13am On Apr 02, 2018
MUMMY EJIOFOR
I just concluded a three days prayer and fasting. God revealed so many things to me. I called my pastor and told him I needed to see him. He told me to meet up with him at the church office.
I called my husband and told him, I wanted to see the pastor since he had already left for work and he didn't know I'll be going out.
I called him and told him I had a revelation and I'd like to discuss it with the pastor. He wanted to hear the details of the revelation but I told him I can’t explain over the phone. I promised to tell him everything in the evening when he comes back.

Since I retired, I spend most of the time at home. I decided to be my grandson's care giver, nurse, nanny and everything and I do it gleefully.
Crystal held a very vital position in the company so she's always busy at the company. I had to give David 100% of my attention. I take him to school in the morning with the driver and I go with the driver to pick up when school closes.

I checked the clock in order to time myself. So I won't be late to pick David from school. I still have few hours.
I got to the Pastor's office, he prayed first before going into the discussion. I told him everything God revealed to me. I understood some while I needed clarification on a particular one. The one baffles me most is that I saw Beatrice in the revelation. Unknown to me that God as actually revealed some things to my Pastor too.

"God really loves you and your family my dear sister" That was the first thing the pastor said when I was done explaining the revelation.
"That woman you called Beatrice was the one who placed a curse on your daughter"
"Jesus Christ! Before she died?"
"Yes. God just want you to know the source of the problem. And the sad path is that God's covering was already upon your daughter but she broke the hedge. The Bible says he that break an edge, the serpent bite”

____________________Toyin Taiwo
"Yes I know she broke the edge. God actually spoke to me the day we realized Crystal was pregnant and he reassured me that no causeless curse shall stand. He also told me about the boy in question, I mean the father of my daughter's child"
"Like I said God really loves you. This is because you committed yourself to God. You already know all that is need to know. As for the curse, it was broken the day the woman was buried" He revealed.
"Praise God! But Pastor my daughter is still unmarried" I said with worried look.
He smiled. "God is just showing a glimpse of the storm you were suppose to face if he hadn't intervened. This is just a dew, it will soon stop" he said with affirmation.
"Amen in Jesus name"
"You don't even asked me why the curse was broken"
"How Pastor?"
"It was because you and your husband covered that woman's shame during her burial. The antidote of the curse is that she must not receive help either dead or alive from you and your husband”
"Oh my God, thank God my husband listen to me. He wasn’t willing to perform the burial right at all I was the one who made him do it"
"Thank God he listened and that is why we must not pay evil for evil. If he had done so, I’m not sure what would have happened. If that woman did not die that curse would have stand"
"My God!"
"My sister, though weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Just go home and continue praising God and you will see him do wonders in your household"
"I will do as you say Pastor. One more thing sir, we haven't heard from the father of my grandson still. We just have the believe that he is alive and well"
"He is alive. Just continue to pray for him. You should understand by now that he's going through a trying time too"
"I understand perfectly well sir. His mother explained a lot to us. He broke the edge too"
"He has a very bright future and he is born to be great just as his name implied. A king always rule. But my God's grace, God will restore every lost glory back to him in Jesus name"

"Amen" I said and thanked the Pastor.
I left the church and drove to my grandson's school on my own. I didn't come with the driver. I picked David from school and we went home.

In the evening after dinner, I called both father and daughter and told them both my revelation and that of the pastor.
I called Oba's mother too reassuring her that all will be well. I told her to be strong and continue to give thanks because Oba will come back to us alive. She also asked after her grandson since everyone one of us draws strength, courage and happiness from the boy and I told her David is doing great.
Oba's mother seek for permission to have David stay with them but my husband didn't allow it. He said they are free to come visit him and they had no other choice than to oblige. But once in a while, Crystal do take him over to visit them on weekends. But she never leave him with them because of her father's instructions.
We continued to pray for Oba every morning and evening during our family devotions. And we do that individually too everyone of us including his parents.

PA KENNETH
I called my care giver on phone that I needed his attention in my room. He came almost immediately as he helped me change and cleaned me up in the bathroom. I watched as he cleaned my room. He wheeled me back to the room on wheel chair. He changed the bed spread, duvet. He placed me on the bed and put another diaper on me. He packed all the soiled sheets and left for the laundry room.

In the evening, he wheeled me out to get some fresh air in the compound.
"Grab a sit" I said to him. He find himself a plastic chair and sat in opposite me.
"I know you have questions to ask" I said.
"Yes Papa, all this while all you say is Karma and nemesis. I know you are not at peace with yourself aside your poor health conditions. Papa you need to let go of the past so you can have peace of mind" He advised.
"My son, I want to die in peace too. You should have noticed by now that I have no one except my doctor. I'm all alone in this world, thank God who brought you into my life"
"I noticed that too and it baffles me. I remember the first time I walked past the gate of this house. I saw a notice board that says a care giver is needed with a number attached to it. But to my amazement when I called the line instead of the receiver to tell me to come to the house he told me to meet in a particular hospital. I got to the hospital and met with the doctor who explained everything about you to me including my job description. He also said I'll be living alone with you and I wondered if the person doesn't have a family. My job description scared me a bit but I don't why I just decided to take the offer and that was how I got here" He explained.
"Like you said I was alone in this house until the day you showed up and start working here. I used to have a gateman, cook and a gardener but at a time when they knew I had no one they conspired together and stole some of my properties which includes cars and so many valuables in the house. They also took my money and ran away. I employed another set and they did the same. This happened repeatedly that I had to stop employing them. My doctor got to know what was happening so he decided to send his nurses to come stay with me, one nurse per week then another the next. Until the nurses started complaining despite the fact that I was paying them handsomely per week. The doctor told me he had to be honest with me that we have look for other options as the nurses where threatening to resign and they were good nurses he couldn't afford to loose. So he placed the notice in front of the house with his number.

And despite all the evil that have done in the past God still showed me mercy by sending an angel into my life which is you. My son, no one ever stayed this long with me.You never for once treated me like an employer or a sick and miserable old man. You treat me like you'll treat your own blood" I narrated.

HAPPY EASTER CELEBRATION!
Christ death will not be in vain upon our lives in Jesus name.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Gody05(m): 1:37am On Apr 02, 2018
May God continue to nourish your brain, the story is full of intrigues and awesome lessons and the updates keep getting interesting. Compliment ma'am.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 4:24am On Apr 02, 2018
thank u ma, I just love dis more ink and more wisdom fall on u. pls let Pa Ken die fast so Oba will leave

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 6:31am On Apr 02, 2018
God bless you ma'am, more update oo

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by victornwachukwu(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2018
winkhappy easter dear more grease to u...

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Funstel: 9:31am On Apr 02, 2018
kudos... interesting story

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2018
Thanks ma'am more inspiration

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by heryinkemi(f): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2018
ghost reader had to say the writer is superb.. More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
I pray for more knowledge and power to ride on like eagle, kudos ma'am.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by stevodot22(m): 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
More ink to ur pen, more mb to ur phone and more strength to give us more update. Keep up the good work . Happy Easter to u.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jane1234f(f): 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
Happy Easter Rachael

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by starngie: 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nice one rachaelfst I guess oba is the care giver to pa Kenneth

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.