Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

“My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady (53734 Views)

Dhaturhobogurl: Lady Who 'Ran Mad' After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her, Speaks / Lady Rolls On The Floor After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her / Lady Faints After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
Dblock89:
After reading some comments above, I discovered that most ladies see nothing wrong with this tho I know guys cheat as well but this is bad... As I can understand the story this girl is living with the main guy that she loves more but presently the guy is hustling so that everything would be fine and they can get married together but this girl is having an affair with someone else at the same time knowing fully well that this backup guy isn't financially stable as well! All I can say is that girl you need to amend your ways or better still get yourself delivered by à true man of God because if not karma will catch up with you sooner or later.
not like we see nothing wrong in it but she already did it, what she need is advice and not condemnation. any1 can b in that situation, we need to put ourselves in her shoes and stop acting holier than angels. I feel 4 her, she have made a mistake, but being a girl of marriageable age, I really understand what she is going through
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
i deny it 100%, I dont even have a bf, sorry, ask some1 else

Na so
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
sinceraconcept:
oga,provide statistics conducted on at least 500k girls. 99% bawo. but no girl should be treated like a queen sha,don't spend on any girl cos if you do,you become unattractive to her and she brings in someone she considers attractive and would Bleep her free but you would be the maga and she would pretend to you like she loves you for the money to keep coming but the other player she's giving her pussy to free of charge is the one she really craves and not you
obviously some1 has done that to u, sorry o but some guys have done worse to some ladies yet d ladies are still willing to give relationship a try. go work on urself, try to 4give and stop such advice as d 1 u are spreading now.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Emychikele(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
Back up boyfriend eh kwa, we niggas die well for babes hands,
This kind double dating e good for your eyes?

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by delors(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
Lol. Backup boyfriend? Omo we don die finish.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by SweetyMarvel00(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
she probably didnt have trust on her main boyfriend. And she's probably confused because she didnt expect things will turn out this way. Maybe all she was hoping for was that the main boyfriend could dump her....and then she will turn to her backup bf. She has to define who she wants for the right choice and that's when confusion will end. Saying yes doesnt mean you cant say 'No' later.

1 Like

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
Josephamstrong1:

I love my bae... Really?
is it that difficult to believe?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
I am not perfect but I don't cheat. I easily get hurt so I don't want to do same to others
Your fiance must be favored then. We all grow to perfection, and our growth is directly proportional to our sincerity. Anyone with backup has no confidence in God. We now have a generation in church but not in Christ
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Yeligray(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
nikkypearl:
Backup boyfriend? grin Sum pussy yaff suffer grin grin
All these nonsense must stop!!!
kikiki... What manner of children
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
justmi1:
Hmmmm, this is a very dicey situation, though as a young man I detest a girl with "back up " boyfriends, however it is not uncommon for ladies of marriageable age to have back ups.
Having said that, a guy that has dated you for 4 years should propose already, it shouldn't always be about money, you guys can plan together.
Now the backup guy made a fast move, apparently he loves you more.
If you really love your main man, make him propose and return the backup guy's ring quietly, otherwise let the main man go.
Be careful though, you could become Lord of the ring
In fact the matter pass me, you should never have back up except if it's for power supply...
This is like 9ja bet, your ticket fit cut
thumbs up!
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
aigboeben:

Your fiance must be favored then. We all grow to perfection, and our growth is directly proportional to our sincerity. Anyone with backup has no confidence in God. We now have a generation in church but not in Christ
don't have 1 4 now tho, i'm sure d lucky 1 is favoured. thank u
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
don't have 1 4 now tho, i'm sure d lucky 1 is favoured. thank u
Really? What happened? Something must happen before this year ends
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2018
aigboeben:

Really? What happened? Something must happen before this year ends
he just cut communication. nothing happened, we didn't have issues. started calling 2days back with some funny stories. I told him to 4get about it, i'm done with excuses
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Jhayeahsam01(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
so after you don say yes
what should you do?
give him poison then.........

your back up boi frnd
laise artist with back up
aiye le oooo... ibosi ooo
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
he just cut communication. nothing happened, we didn't have issues. started calling 2days back with some funny stories. I told him to 4get about it, i'm done with excuses
For how long were you two together? Does he live far from you? Ever suspected him seeing someone before now?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
aigboeben:

For how long were you two together? Does he live far from you? Ever suspected him seeing someone before now?
we live in same street, we were together 4 almost a yr, I've always had my suspicion but being that I am a jealous person, I didn't want to seem too jealous by asking. well, I am really done with excuses
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
we live in same street, we were together 4 almost a yr, I've always had my suspicion but being that I am a jealous person, I didn't want to seem too jealous by asking. well, I am really done with excuses
Same street is like same house. Could job have kept him busy?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
For how long did he cut communication? Or was he avoiding Christmas responsibilities? Did he complain of anything to you before cutting communication? Obviously he has been giving you excuses before this.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
aigboeben:

Same street is like same house. Could job have kept him busy?
that was his claim, but not calling 4 2weeks yet I see ur update on whatsapp? that's really d height of it
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
biacan:
cheesy cheesy wink grin :DBackup boyfriend...... but guys dey suffer for relationships ooo cheesy
Thank God say you self don Confirm am
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
that was his claim, but not calling 4 2weeks yet I see ur update on whatsapp? that's really d height of it
Didn't he communicate with you on Whatsapp? At least a physical presence is not needed for that. I think festive period should be used to show love to those you care about. Be mindful of your temper too. His friends?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by explosivesedo: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
your life your rules none of anyones fucking business.....

You're bleeped though
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
northvietnam:
Which wing is the back up playing

Keep xpanding ur Vjay in the name of back up BF....

Nah so one idiot tell me for xmas say na too much trekking from bus stop to lecture dey make her Vjay xpand. ..... I was like , u Don mean it...

What's my own, just use rubber play my game commot....
Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2018
aigboeben:

Didn't he communicate with you on Whatsapp? At least a physical presence is not needed for that. I think festive period should be used to show love to those you care about. Be mindful of your temper too. His friends?
when I said he cut off communication, I meant in all ways. stopped taking my calls, no whatsapp message, no Fb message, 4 two weeks. now he is back saying he was busy at work. d excuse is too lame. its not d first time, but it was usually a 2 or 3 day thing.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by BENRAZY(m): 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
chai,nothing I no go hear,hmm backup boyfriend, sha I no blame boys make the get ten girlfriend, the guy na backup boyfriend fr her side o,but she go be fifth fiance fr the guy side, hahaha life goes on,e no concern government sha
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by stevups(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
You sleep with someone for great 6months, so you wanna change pen.. Well done ma!! Another 6 months for you. Don't worry, Korede will sing mongopack for you soon.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
when I said he cut off communication, I meant in all ways. stopped taking my calls, no whatsapp message, no Fb message, 4 two weeks. now he is back saying he was busy at work. d excuse is too lame. its not d first time, but it was usually a 2 or 3 day thing.
Trust and communication seem to be missing in your relationship with him . What convinced you to be involved with him initially?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
aigboeben:

always claim he don't have friends in delta state. he didn't grow up here, actually came here due to work. I only know few of his colleagues but Dont have their number and I didn't bother going to his place of work cos I knew he was fine due to his status update
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
always claim he don't have friends in delta state. he didn't grow up here, actually came here due to work. I only know few of his colleagues but Dont have their number and I didn't bother going to his place of work cos I knew he was fine due to his status update
Now what tangible reason is he giving?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by godofuck231: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2018
VastFinder:
“My Back-Up Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do” — Confused Young Lady Asks

A young Nigerian lady has written to relationship blogger, Joro Olumofin, that she is confused because her ‘back-up’ boyfriend proposed to her and she said yes.

The young lady has been hiding her engagement ring from her main boyfriend who is yet to pop the question to her.

Here’s what she wrote below ;

SOURCE: https://primesng.com/back-boyfriend-proposed-said-yes-confused-young-lady-asks/

Wait for his backup girlfriend to propose to him first then, since time de for u
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by obonaija234: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
Tell him the truth, its bad to start your marriage with lies. Just tell him "baby you were my backup boyfriend, never knew you would be serious" grin grin cheesy
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by ebby9z(m): 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
northvietnam:
Which wing is the back up playing

Keep xpanding ur Vjay in the name of back up BF....

Nah so one idiot tell me for xmas say na too much trekking from bus stop to lecture dey make her Vjay xpand. ..... I was like , u Don mean it...

What's my own, just use rubber play my game commot....
Seriously guy!!! Lmaoo p cheesy grin grin
Shey she dey spread her legs wide dey waka ni? Girls and lies

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should We Hide Our Sisters? (photo) / Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.