Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze (28151 Views)

Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala / The Error Of Daddy Freeze . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

You need to study your bible well.

Jesus came to end the sin issue with his blood. That is the only part of the law that he fulfilled. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. - Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV) Any part of the law Jesus didn't fulfill his binding till tomorrow. He fulfilled the law of sacrifice.

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Hebrew 10:1-6 (KJV)

2. What is first fruit? According to Solomon anything that you get first that has the capacity to increase is your first fruit. "Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:" Prov 3:9 (KJV)

Let's look at the first person that gave first fruit and what he gave because your thinking that first fruit must be about fruits. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: Genesis 4:3-4 (KJV)

It says in the process of time. That means they have been working without giving to God until they got the revelation. Now watch what cain gave 'that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD' Now watch what Abel gave 'And Abel, he also[b] brought of the firstlings[/b] of his flock and of the fat thereof'. Cain just brought any thing while Abel brought the first of his flock.

God expected them to bring the first of their increase no matter their job.

3. The first man that paid tithe Abram paid tithe of all not tithe of his portion but tithe of all that was gotten. Tithe is 10% of all your increase. Hear Jacob, "And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee." Genesis 28:20-22 (KJV)

You guys don't know why we give tithe. We give tithe to acknowledge and appreciate God for his input in our increase.

In all these things you've quoted, I've not seen where God instructed tithes be paid on 10% of salary and wages as opposed to crops and livestock...

I've also not seen the connection on how Jesus has fulfilled the law...yet the false doctrine of obligatory monetary tithing is still mandatory on His followers

I bolded a part of your response in red. Are you preaching that Jesus fulfilled the Law partially or totally?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Bros...read up Hebrews 7 v 12;

By the way...Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith never stated "don't pay tithe" just as how He never stated "don't stop animal sacrifice"

1) Kindly tell us why you do not engage in animal sacrifice

2) Kindly tell us where God instructed tithes to be paid as 10% of salary and wages instead of 10% of crops and livestock...

3) Kindly tell us how you have been paying your tithes.

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS NOW THAT I HAVE ANSWERED YOU

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:11-12 (KJV)

The priesthood that was changed was Aaron not Melchisedec who received tithe from Abram and still receiving tithe from the saint.

For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Heb 7:1-3 (KJV)

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:5-6 (KJV)

What do Jesus do as our priest?

And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Heb 7:8 (KJV)
Jesus is alive in heaven receiving your tithe as your high priest. Your pastor is your employee.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

In all these things you've quoted, I've not seen where God instructed tithes be paid on 10% of salary and wages as opposed to crops and livestock...

I've also not seen the connection on how Jesus has fulfilled the law...yet the false doctrine of obligatory monetary tithing is still mandatory on His followers

I bolded a part of your response in red. Are you preaching that Jesus fulfilled the Law partially or totally?

I can only teach, I can't help you to understand.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

I can only teach, I can't help you to understand.

What exactly are you teaching? That Jesus came to fulfill a part of the Law?

Let us examine what you are teaching in light of God's word.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:11-12 (KJV)

The priesthood that was changed was Aaron not Melchisedec who received tithe from Abram and still receiving tithe from the saint.

For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Heb 7:1-3 (KJV)

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:5-6 (KJV)

What do Jesus do as our priest?

And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Jesus is alive in heaven receiving your tithe as your high priest. Your pastor is your employee.

What does Hebrew 7 v 12&18 say?

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
Hebrews 7

12 For if the Priesthood be changed, then of necessity must there be a change of the Law

18 For the commandment that went afore, is disannulled, because of the weakness thereof, and unprofitableness.

DOES THIS LIGHT A BULB UPSTAIRS?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
paxonel:

Hebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a COMMANDMENT to take tithes of the people according to the LAW, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

You see am so?
You don read am finish?
Oya open your dictionary and tell me the difference between commandment and law grin

Now read from verse one.

For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. 4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils. 5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: 6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. 8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Heb 7:1-8 (KJV)

Melchisedec whom Abram paid tithe was Christ, he was not a levi nor was Abram his brethren. Verse 7 says he liveth as who christ. Tithe is only paid to christ through levi or pastors. Church members are brethren of Christ. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
Heb 2:11-12 (KJV)

Tithe started with Abram before the law. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
John 1:17 (KJV)

Why did Moses bring tithe into the law? The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever. Deut 29:29 (KJV)
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

What does Hebrew 7 v 12&18 say?

No wonder you don't understand. I told you earlier I can only teach you but can't make you understand. Hebrew 7:11-12 was quoted by me in the very post you just quoted me but you didn't see it.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

No wonder you don't understand. I told you earlier I can only teach you but can't make you understand. Hebrew 7:11-12 was quoted by me in the very post you just quoted me but you didn't see it.

I saw it, but I wanted to confirm if you really understood the straightforward message in there...

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
Hebrews 7

12 For if the Priesthood be changed, then of necessity must there be a change of the Law

18 For the commandment that went afore, is disannulled, because of the weakness thereof, and unprofitableness.

Also do well to enlighten us on how God instructed tithes be given...10% of what exactly should be given?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

I saw it, but I wanted to confirm if you really understood the straightforward message in there...

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
Hebrews 7

What priesthood was changed should help you. The priesthood of Aaron to whom to melkezedec who received the first tithe of who Christ is changed to.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20 (KJV)

Study the word to learn not to argue. Go study that hebrew cahpter 5 and chapter 7.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by mrvitalis(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

No because my Bible said so. From what has been accredited to him here I had to log in to see who would man up to bring the topic as he stated it without a personal in put.

Are you up to the task?
Lol you need to read first
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

What priesthood was changed should help you. The priesthood of Aaron to whom to melkezedec who received the first tithe of who Christ is changed to.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20 (KJV)

Study the word to learn not to argue. Go study that hebrew cahpter 5 and chapter 7.

Whose Priesthood are we under...and which Law has been changed?

If we are under the Priesthood of Jesus, does the Laws of the Old Covenant still apply? or has this Law been replaced by the requirements of the new covenant which is Love for God and Man?

Do you want further explanations with all sorts of concordance to back this up?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by legislatively: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
jeruzi:
You are wrong about me and the post. I never said tithe was mandatory. The truth is that in the bid for freeze to buttress his point against the men of God, he has gone into error. If you are conversant with his posts, you should know what I am talking about. This has gone beyond tithe.

Also, the way he approached the issue of tithing is unlike a Christian, and I believe you should know this except you are not deep in the Christian race. He showed no respect, no humility. No true Character of a born again. You can go through what I wrote again in order to understand my point.

QuintusLentulus legislatively MarchLegend Ladyhippolyta88 PrecisionFx gypsey Solid3 Icemania Ralo laligaol
I advice you overlook his person and focus on his message.

We won't be able to pass the message if he doesn't have like this, he needs to be very mean at presenting this for it to make an impact, still the most important thing is the message.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by saintmark88(m): 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
damosky12:

Jesus had not come.

Very weak reply
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by mabea: 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
paxonel:

Then what are they using the funds for?
I believe most of this arguements are as a result of what some pastors who are general overeers are able to possess yet you dont bother about other pastors at different levels. Im goin to use winners chapel here to cite an example. Do you know that David Oyedepo started talking about acquiring aeroplanes, 50000 catedral, live broadcast all over the world etc. when the church had only 60 members with thatched roof and dusty floor in kaduna? Why do you think he was bold to make such declarations (which are reality today anyway) if he didnt hear from God? How do u think the church is able to pay pastor's salaries, buy petrol for generator, welfare for members, sponsor evangelism,plant churches, raise church buildings,pastor's accommodation etc. Tithes and offerings are for the running of the church. Again giving in christiandom is not by force. Have u seen anyone who claimed to have been forced to give?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by damosky12(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
saintmark88:

Very weak reply

lol. Find a good church where they teach bible.
If you wanna take me up on it, add me on bbm DE209746
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Whose Priesthood are we under...and which Law has been changed?

If we are under the Priesthood of Jesus, does the Laws of the Old Covenant still apply? or has this Law been replaced by the requirements of the new covenant which is Love for God and Man?

Do you want further explanations with all sorts of concordance to back this up?

Who receive tithe there and where is he?

Why did Jesus came? people like you don't even know why Jesus came. And his purpose of coming.

We are under the priesthood of melkezedec (christ). Abram paid tithe to him, Aaron and the levi did too in Abram. And he is still there receiving it unless yours never rose from dead.

The priesthood of Aaron was changed to melkezedec (christ).

I don't know how you people read the bible. When you study the ten commandment it divided into loving God and loving man. Jesus didn't put it off, He summarized it. Paul said the law gave power to sin. Before the law there was sin but it had no power as under the law. And before the law was christ receiving tithe in melkezedec from Abram.

Christ in the new testament wasn't a priest till he died, rose and was sitted at the right hand of God making intercessor for us after the other of melkezedec. The bible says he is receiving tithe up there as our priest.

I just don't know how to communicate this to your level of knowledge.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
mrvitalis:

Lol you need to read first

Bring it up now to my knowledge.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by damosky12(m): 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkaiCorne:

What of Job who isn't a Jew?

What of our ancestors that lived righteous and pious lives without hearing of Jesus?

Romans 2:14-16
[14]For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
[15]Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
[16]In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

However, its harder to please God via this medium. Hence, the coming of Jesus. A man believes the gospel and is saved.

Mark 16:16
[16]He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by jeruzi(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
legislatively:
I advice you overlook his person and focus on his message.

We won't be able to pass the message if he doesn't have like this, he needs to be very mean at presenting this for it to make an impact, still the most important thing is the message.
well, you can't separate the messanger from the message. Take your time and look at his views on other Biblical issues apart from tithe, and see the deviation from the truth.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Idecievedyou(m): 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
when freeze said love takes you to heaven I think he meant it deeper than an ordinary man's understanding.. truely It was said in the Bible that we need to confess Jesus..but I will take you back to 1000years ago and think about the time past before Africa ever heard about jesus..ask your self whether our ancestors over millions of them are saved from the wrath of God knowing the fact that they know nothing about jesus...will God be fair on the decision of punishing a generation that knows nothing about his son(jesus)..our God is a JUST God all knowing God who already settled this problem before the arival of Christ by giving human the greatest commandment which is LOVE, u must love because God him self is love..and for you to be perfect ur must have love in ur heart for any one to be upright it starts with learning to love...the afairs of life is buried in LOVE...and it plays down to our generation..first of all you need to ask your self who is the teacher of this Love...Jesus same as God who already gave the commandment before his arival in human form don't be deceived for you to love means you already have JESUS(GOD)
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by legislatively: 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
jeruzi:
well, you can't separate the messanger from the message. Take your time and look at his views on other Biblical issues apart from tithe, and see the deviation from the truth.
no long stories, the guy speaks the truth and that's all that matters.

Our religious leaders should be humble enough to be corrected
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
Idecievedyou:
when freeze said love takes you to heaven I think he meant it deeper than an ordinary man's understanding.. truely It was said in the Bible that we need to confess Jesus..but I will take you back to 1000years ago and think about the time past before Africa ever heard about jesus..ask your self whether our ancestors over millions of them are saved from the wrath of God knowing the fact that they know nothing about jesus...will God be fair on the decision of punishing a generation that knows nothing about his son(jesus)..our God is a JUST God all knowing God who already settled this problem before the arival of Christ by giving human the greatest commandment which is LOVE, u must love because God him self is love..and for you to be perfect ur must have love in ur heart for any one to be upright it starts with learning to love...the afairs of life is buried in LOVE...and it plays down to our generation..first of all you need to ask your self who is the teacher of this Love...Jesus same as God who already gave the commandment before his arival in human form don't be deceived for you to love means you already have JESUS(GOD)

So you think God was stupid to make Jesus the only way to heaven and not love? If Abraham reasoned out all the instructions of God the way we do now, there would not have been Christianity through him.

Jesus preached to the dead before him. For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
1 Peter 4:6 (KJV)

After you have lost your faith through human knowledge don't blame anyone but yourself if you are a christian.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

Who receive tithe there and where is he?

Why did Jesus came? people like you don't even know why Jesus came. And his purpose of coming.

We are under the priesthood of melkezedec (christ). Abram paid tithe to him, Aaron and the levi did too in Abram. And he is still there receiving it unless yours never rose from dead.

The priesthood of Aaron was changed to melkezedec (christ).

I don't know how you people read the bible. When you study the ten commandment it divided into loving God and loving man. Jesus didn't put it off, He summarized it. Paul said the law gave power to sin. Before the law there was sin but it had no power as under the law. And before the law was christ receiving tithe in melkezedec from Abram.

Christ in the new testament wasn't a priest till he died, rose and was sitted at the right hand of God making intercessor for us after the other of melkezedec. The bible says he is receiving tithe up there as our priest.

I just don't know how to communicate this to your level of knowledge.

You keep insisting on the validity of tithing which is a requirement of the Law Jesus came to fulfill so it is no longer binding on those under the new covenant.

Now kindly enlighten us on how you pay your tithes vis-a-vis how God instructed tithes to be given...
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2018
damosky12:

Romans 2:14-16
[14]For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
[15]Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
[16]In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

However, its harder to please God via this medium. Hence, the coming of Jesus. A man believes the gospel and is saved.

Mark 16:16
[16]He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

I understand you, however my question still borders on those that are living in the Amazon Forest for example, who have never heard of Jesus despite all the technologies of today...what will be their fate?

I think Revelation 20 v 11-15 gives more insight;

Revelation 20:11-15

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
11 And I saw a great white throne, and one that sat on it, from whose face fled away both the earth and heaven, and their place was no more found.

12 And I saw the dead, both great and small stand before God: and the books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged of those things, which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up her dead, which were in her, and death and hell delivered up the dead, which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death, and hell were cast into the lake of fire: this is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life, was cast into the lake of fire.

Pay close attention to Revelation 20 v 13. Many christians of today have fallen into the subtle trap of practicing a dead faith...and by this I mean, Faith without works (tangible fruits or results to show for it) is dead. A dead faith cannot qualify one for Heaven...if in doubt;

a) Check out Jesus' reaction to a barren fig tree

b) Read up the Parable of the Talents

c) Read up Jesus' sermon on the vine...
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by WhiskeyTangoFox: 1:17am On Jan 08, 2018
jeruzi:
You are wrong about me and the post. I never said tithe was mandatory. The truth is that in the bid for freeze to buttress his point against the men of God, he has gone into error. If you are conversant with his posts, you should know what I am talking about. This has gone beyond tithe.

Also, the way he approached the issue of tithing is unlike a Christian, and I believe you should know this except you are not deep in the Christian race. He showed no respect, no humility. No true Character of a born again. You can go through what I wrote again in order to understand my point.

QuintusLentulus legislatively MarchLegend Ladyhippolyta88 PrecisionFx gypsey Solid3 Icemania Ralo laligaol

U never said tithe was mandatory, bt some pastors try to pass d impression dat divine favor will elude those dat dnt pay tithes, thus, making it an obligation for "true christians". I am yet to see or read freeze attack men of God dat emphasise on loving ur neighbour as urself, which we all know is the biggest problem our country faces today. I hope u haven't read one of his posts dat had sarcasm written all over and misunderstood the message being passed. Please, clearly state when he has gone beyond tithes and attacked other aspects of Christianity without any valid basis. He spoke about Christmas and he has a point, until someone identifies where in the bible it was encouraged to celebrate the birth of Christ as we do His death.

Freeze's initial opinion about tithes "may" have bin subjective, aggressive and unlike a Christian to some, bt as soon as he began using the scripture to corroborate his point, those subjective opinions are becoming objective. Being gullible or a fanatic doesn't mean one is deep in the Christian race, please take note of dat. We tend to blur dat line so easily. You want him to show respect to pastors dat use the scripture to fuel their personal interest via capitalising on the gullible, I think not. They deserve to be called out as aggressively as possible. It is only in naija dat one wld b deemed as antichrist if u stand up to a pastor, dat's y u see alot of pple setting up churches, cos dey tend to leverage on dat. Even if he isn't born again, it doesn't mean he's lying on this subject matter. Say hypothetically he isn't born again, are u telling me he is incapable of the truth even if few times? Haba, even a faulty clock is right twice a day. My brother, I see this ur post encapsulating sentiments which shldn't be. U clearly dnt support his approach, dat's fine, bt doesn't mean he is talking trash. I respect him even more for going against the grain and standing up to what he believes in regarding a very sensitive topic. I repeat, no pro-tither or pastor has been able to back up their point with the scripture as much as freeze has done. He gave a good example of how polygamy and vengeance was supported in the old testament along with tithes, but pastors deliberately ignore the former two, yet hang on to the practise of tithes. Pls tell me why dat's the case? It's either we abide to all the examples mentioned, or drop them all completely. It is this mentality dat has made religion become a burden to dis country, amongst other factors, and it has to stop if we are to progress as Christians, and as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 1:45am On Jan 08, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

Now read from verse one.

For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. 4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils. 5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: 6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. 8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Heb 7:1-8 (KJV)

Melchisedec whom Abram paid tithe was Christ, he was not a levi nor was Abram his brethren. Verse 7 says he liveth as who christ. Tithe is only paid to christ through levi or pastors. Church members are brethren of Christ. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
Heb 2:11-12 (KJV)

Tithe started with Abram before the law. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
John 1:17 (KJV)

Why did Moses bring tithe into the law? The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever. Deut 29:29 (KJV)

All these verses you combined together, they do not correlate among themselves therefore you cannot see what Paul was trying to explain to the Jews like that in that scripture.

For instance, verse 3 of that scripture says
....having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but MADE LIKE unto the Son of God.

someone that is made like unto another person is just analogy between the two people involved, it does not mean the person is that person in question.
It does not mean that Melchizedek was Christ himself(if you have differentiated between simile and metaphor).
So, Melchizedek could not possibly be Christ himself but he perhaps was like Christ.
Yes it is true that God made a oath with Melchizedek before he gave the law to Moses and brought out a high priest which is Christ in the order of Melchizedek,

But saying that Abram paid tithe to Melchizedek in the order of Christ or he paid to Christ himself simply because Paul draw analogy which shows similarity between Jesus and Melchizedek, do not follow at all.

It is also true that there was tithing before the law was given to Moses but that doesn't prove that tithing itself is not a law.

I will say that the reason why Paul brought out this Melchizedek issue to the Jews in that Heb. 7 was simply to convince them that Christ(Represented by Melchizedek in that analogy and not Melchizedek himself) is a high priest with higher authority than Abraham just like Melchizedek who was a highpriest enough to collect tithe from Abram inspite that he(Melchizedek) and his descendants did not have the promise.
therefore the gentiles like Melchizedek who was also a gentile,whose descendants also did not had the promise unlike Abraham descendants, were also entitled to the promise.
That is what Paul was trying to explain.

That's why verse 6 and 7 put it
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less(which represent gentiles because the gentiles were seen to be less by the Jews) is blessed of the better(the Jews).

Jesus even said the first shall be the last and the last first, remember that parable?

Also, he brought out the analogy to affirm Jesus as our high priest on his throne above.

because if you look at the summary of all what he was saying which extended to chapter 8.

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken(from chapter 6)this is the sum(summary): We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens

Now, you can see that all what Paul was doing was simply analogy which was geared to convince the Jews to accept Jesus as their high priest and also to accept the gentiles, and not in anyway trying to get people pay tithe .
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by shegra58: 1:46am On Jan 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Go through all my comments on tithe to see bible verses on tithe. Let me just give three chapters for you to study because they are many chapters in the Bible that support tithe. Lev 27:30-32,num 18:20-32, mal 3:8-10
i will go through it and get back to you....thanks
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OBIGS(m): 5:53am On Jan 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Oga wise up because the beast is at work.
omo use your wisdom
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by mrvitalis(m): 6:40am On Jan 08, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

Bring it up now to my knowledge.

You haven't ready what someone said
But you are here writing paragraphs saying he is wrong

That shows who you are truly
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by damosky12(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2018
OkCornel:

I understand you, however my question still borders on those that are living in the Amazon Forest for example, who have never heard of Jesus despite all the technologies of today...what will be their fate?

I think Revelation 20 v 11-15 gives more insight;

Revelation 20:11-15

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
11 And I saw a great white throne, and one that sat on it, from whose face fled away both the earth and heaven, and their place was no more found.

12 And I saw the dead, both great and small stand before God: and the books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged of those things, which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up her dead, which were in her, and death and hell delivered up the dead, which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death, and hell were cast into the lake of fire: this is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life, was cast into the lake of fire.

Pay close attention to Revelation 20 v 13. Many christians of today have fallen into the subtle trap of practicing a dead faith...and by this I mean, Faith without works (tangible fruits or results to show for it) is dead. A dead faith cannot qualify one for Heaven...if in doubt;

a) Check out Jesus' reaction to a barren fig tree

b) Read up the Parable of the Talents

c) Read up Jesus' sermon on the vine...

You clearly didn't read the first scripture I posted.

You also have to know that the book of Revelation isn't interpreted literally, being a prophetic book. Its got to be in line with the epistles.

Only believers are judged by God on the last days according to their works to be regarded according to what they did in the flesh.

1 Corinthians 3:13-15
[13]Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14]If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15]If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

That was talking to Christian.

The unbeliever does not need to be judged. He is condemned already. Mark 16:16 says: Whosoever believeth not shall be dammed (condemned). He is condemned the moment he rejects the Gospel.

Also see John 3:18

"...but he that believeth not on him is CONDEMNED ALREADY, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten son of God.

These unbelievers aren't the ones to stand before God. Only the believers will stand before God to be rewarded bases on their works. That day is the day Paul alludes to

2Timothy 4:8 Henceforth is laid up for me a crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day...

Not everyone will meet God. Nope!

Hebrews 12:14
...without which no man shall see the Lord.

So how will all men stand before God?

Revelations 20: 12-13, when read contextually deals with those whose names are written. They are the ones standing before God being judged ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. Note, the things they did were written in the book of life (verse 12). Apparently, that couldn't refer to all since not all are written in the book of life.

Clearly, its a judgement of reward.

Verse 14-15 then deals with those not written in the book. These ones, remember, have been condemned already. They aren't standing before God.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 8:14am On Jan 08, 2018
damosky12:

You clearly didn't read the first scripture I posted.

You also have to know that the book of Revelation isn't interpreted literally, being a prophetic book. Its got to be in line with the epistles.

Only believers are judged by God on the last days according to their works to be regarded according to what they did in the flesh.

1 Corinthians 3:13-15
[13]Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14]If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15]If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

That was talking to Christian.

The unbeliever does not need to be judged. He is condemned already. Mark 16:16 says: Whosoever believeth not shall be dammed (condemned). He is condemned the moment he rejects the Gospel.

Also see John 3:18

"...but he that believeth not on him is CONDEMNED ALREADY, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten son of God.

These unbelievers aren't the ones to stand before God. Only the believers will stand before God to be rewarded bases on their works. That day is the day Paul alludes to

2Timothy 4:8 Henceforth is laud up for me a crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day...

Not everyone will meet God. Nope!

Hebrews 12:14
...without which no man shall see the Lord.

So how will all men stand before God?

Revelations 20: 12-13, when read contextually deals with those whose names are written. They are the ones standing before God being judged ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. Note, the things they did were written in the book of life (verse 12). Apparently, that couldn't refer to all since not all are written in the book of life.

Clearly, its a judgement of reward.

Verse 14-15 then deals with those not written in the book. These Ines, remember, have been condemned already. They aren't standing before God.

1) What of those that believe with no fruits to show for their faith?

2) Is God a Christian or a Jewish God? How was Job able to please God without being a Jew or following Jewish rites?

3) Per the bolded, what makes one an unbeliever?

As for me, on a personal note...it makes no sense to reject Jesus now that I know who HE REALLY IS...

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2018
paxonel:

All these verses you combined together, they do not correlate among themselves therefore you cannot see what Paul was trying to explain to the Jews like that in that scripture.

For instance, verse 3 of that scripture says
....having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but MADE LIKE unto the Son of God.

someone that is made like unto another person is just analogy between the two people involved, it does not mean the person is that person in question.
It does not mean that Melchizedek was Christ himself(if you have differentiated between simile and metaphor).
So, Melchizedek could not possibly be Christ himself but he perhaps was like Christ.
Yes it is true that God made a oath with Melchizedek before he gave the law to Moses and brought out a high priest which is Christ in the order of Melchizedek,

But saying that Abram paid tithe to Melchizedek in the order of Christ or he paid to Christ himself simply because Paul draw analogy which shows similarity between Jesus and Melchizedek, do not follow at all.

It is also true that there was tithing before the law was given to Moses but that doesn't prove that tithing itself is not a law.

I will say that the reason why Paul brought out this Melchizedek issue to the Jews in that Heb. 7 was simply to convince them that Christ(Represented by Melchizedek in that analogy and not Melchizedek himself) is a high priest with higher authority than Abraham just like Melchizedek who was a highpriest enough to collect tithe from Abram inspite that he(Melchizedek) and his descendants did not have the promise.
therefore the gentiles like Melchizedek who was also a gentile,whose descendants also did not had the promise unlike Abraham descendants, were also entitled to the promise.
That is what Paul was trying to explain.

That's why verse 6 and 7 put it
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less(which represent gentiles because the gentiles were seen to be less by the Jews) is blessed of the better(the Jews).

Jesus even said the first shall be the last and the last first, remember that parable?

Also, he brought out the analogy to affirm Jesus as our high priest on his throne above.

because if you look at the summary of all what he was saying which extended to chapter 8.

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken(from chapter 6)this is the sum(summary): We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens

Now, you can see that all what Paul was doing was simply analogy which was geared to convince the Jews to accept Jesus as their high priest and also to accept the gentiles, and not in anyway trying to get people pay tithe .

Just to further buttress your position, I find it somewhat ridiculous that someone would state tithing which is a Jewish custom to be mandatory to Christianity.

I wonder if soulpeppersoup ever bothered to ask if Hebrews was addressed to Jewish Christians or to Gentile believers... I also wonder if Paul wrote that letter with the mindset that it would be for those existing 2000 years later in Africa after he wrote that epistle...

It would be nice if soulpeppersoup can bring out further points on tithing from any of the letters Paul addressed to the Gentile church.
Of course he can't because tithing never applied to Gentile Christians nor is it obligatory on the Jewish Christians in the first place!

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Pat Robertson Dies At 93 / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.