Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze (28150 Views)

Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala / The Error Of Daddy Freeze . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

And did I or bible say you should pay 10% of money. Didn't read the verses you drawing from? Was money mentioned it?
Come to think of why not tithe you crops instead of arguing money since the bible says so? Why jump from one end to another when the Bible is clear on it.
From your analysis it seems you lack the holy spirit in you. Because he will be the better teacher. Even with all the verses of the bible I prove to you,you are blunt on arguing unnecessary. The reason is because you have made up your mind not to learn but argue

So how have you been paying your tithes?

Interesting...I now lack the Holy Spirit because I am challenging the doctrine of monetary tithing that has no basis in the scriptures abi?

I am not surprised anyways...it's always typical of a Pharisee to abandon the topic of discussion and attack a person holding a divergent opinion...

Honestly I see no difference between this attitude and that of radical Islamic zealots...
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by chinonyinye: 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
paxonel:

It is saying something else
grin grin grin
abeg go and read it again, use many versions sef, I know what I'm saying. you sound like a mischievous person
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
cescky:

Even the though you thought you were making sense...

The fact that you think this is an intellectual discussion not a spiritual one means one thing ing. Your either a baby spiritually or are dead

The things of the spirit are foolishness to them that are of the flesh

Take it or leave it freeze is just deceiving people...about vthings he knows nothing about...it's people whose heart were not with God on the onset that are led astray

My word to him is: it's better not to have been born or a stone hewn around an individual and he's thrown into the sea, than for those that lead people away from Christ
I can see you need bible study.
You have been going to church from childhood you are not understanding your bible.
Ever going never learning.
Stay away from African churches, they are distorting you.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Adeyeye09:
u knw d lot of pple abandoning itu pple will just type rubbish. The truth is dat the pple who were against it were never tithers in the first plc. i was still at a service recently where the pastor asked for pple who could give 200k to come out nd several pple came. Those who are blabbing rubbish ave never given a dime in the first place!!!
Giving and tithing are two different thing o.
Freeze is not against giving.
Even if you are giving it's your right to know they are using the money for, or you are giving to yahoo yahoo
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hebrews 7

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

1 For this [a]Melchizedek was King of Salem, the Priest of the most high God, who met Abraham, as he returned from the slaughter of the Kings, and [b]blessed him:

2 To whom also Abraham gave the tithe of all things: who first is by interpretation King of righteousness: after that, he is also King of Salem, that is, King of peace,

3 Without father, without mother, without kindred, and hath neither beginning of his days, neither end of life: but is likened unto the Son of God, and continueth a Priest forever.

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the Patriarch Abraham gave the tithe of the spoils.

5 For verily they which are the children of Levi, which receive the office of the Priesthood, have a commandment to take, according to the Law, tithes of the people (that is, of their brethren) though they came out of the loins of Abraham.

6 But he whose kindred is not counted among them, received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the greater.

8 And here men that die, receive tithes: but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed, that he liveth.

9 And to say as the thing is, Levi also which receiveth tithes, payeth tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father Abraham, when Melchizedek met him.

11 If therefore perfection had been by the Priesthood of the Levites (for under it the Law was established to the people) what needed it furthermore, that another Priest should rise after the order of Melchizedek, and not to be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For if the Priesthood be changed, then of necessity must there be a change of the Law.

13 For he of whom these things are spoken, pertaineth unto another tribe, whereof no man served at the altar.

14 For it is evident, that our Lord sprung out of Judah, concerning the which tribe Moses spake nothing, touching the Priesthood.

15 And it is yet a more evident thing, because that after the similitude of Melchizedek, there is risen up another Priest,

16 Which is not made Priest after the Law of the carnal commandment, but after the power of the endless life.

17 For he testifieth thus, Thou art a Priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.

18 For the commandment that went afore, is disannulled, because of the weakness thereof, and unprofitableness.

19 For the Law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope made perfect, whereby we draw near unto God.

20 And forasmuch as it is not without an oath (for these are made Priests without an oath:

21 But this is made with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a Priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.)

22 By so much is Jesus made a surety of a better Testament.

23 And among them many were made Priests, because they were not suffered to endure, by the reason of death.

24 But this man, because he endureth ever, hath a Priesthood, which cannot pass from one to another.

25 Wherefore, he is able also perfectly to save them that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth, to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high Priest it became us to have, which is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens:

27 Which needeth not daily as those high Priests to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the peoples: for that did he once, when he offered up himself.

28 For the Law maketh men high Priests, which have infirmity: but the word of the oath that was since the Law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
gypsey:
Absolutely! there are no spirits any were, spirits does not exist, this is what the crooked pastors use to entrap the gullibles. we are our spirits, this is also why when a muderer kills some one in nigeria they try to blame it on some spirits, but when he buys a new car he takes the success credit. grin
Exactly
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
For those of you arguing in favor of tithing being mandatory for Christians,

1) Kindly read Hebrews 7 v 12 and Hebrews 7 v 18, then follow the teachings of Jesus on what makes a goat a goat and what makes a sheep a sheep as per Matthew 25 v 31-46.

It's very hilarious that even when Hebrew 7 v 12 & 18 states that the old covenant has passed away, some people are cherry picking things in there to make it mandatory for those under the new covenant.

2) If you insist tithing is mandatory, also show me where God instructed tithes to be paid on 10% of salaries and wages as opposed to 10% of crops and livestock...

That's if tithing is mandatory for a Christian anyways...
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by aiir2303(m): 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Interesting...I now lack the Holy Spirit because I am challenging the doctrine of monetary tithing that has no basis in the scriptures abi?

I am not surprised anyways...it's always typical of a Pharisee to abandon the topic of discussion and attack a person holding a divergent opinion...

Honestly I see no difference between this attitude and that of radical Islamic zealots...
I've been following your arguments and im impressed with with the way you've been able to back it up. But the ASUU srike guy lost immediately he became sentimental and emotional cause he knows he's dealing with someone quite knowledge and he's aware he cant back the monetary tithing up in the scriptures.
I know one thing,asking and debating is part of Christianity as Paul went about debating and also preaching. He wasn't scared of questions cause he was a scholar and he wasn't scared to back up his claims even using source of those he debated against.
All this is Doctrine and what obtains in modern Christianity today is the DOCTRINE OF MEN.
I know one thing though "The truth fears no investigation " and the truth defends it's self

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by aiir2303(m): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:
Hebrews 7

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

1 For this [a]Melchizedek was King of Salem, the Priest of the most high God, who met Abraham, as he returned from the slaughter of the Kings, and [b]blessed him:

2 To whom also Abraham gave the tithe of all things: who first is by interpretation King of righteousness: after that, he is also King of Salem, that is, King of peace,

3 Without father, without mother, without kindred, and hath neither beginning of his days, neither end of life: but is likened unto the Son of God, and continueth a Priest forever.

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the Patriarch Abraham gave the tithe of the spoils.

5 For verily they which are the children of Levi, which receive the office of the Priesthood, have a commandment to take, according to the Law, tithes of the people (that is, of their brethren) though they came out of the loins of Abraham.

6 But he whose kindred is not counted among them, received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the greater.

8 And here men that die, receive tithes: but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed, that he liveth.

9 And to say as the thing is, Levi also which receiveth tithes, payeth tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father Abraham, when Melchizedek met him.

11 If therefore perfection had been by the Priesthood of the Levites (for under it the Law was established to the people) what needed it furthermore, that another Priest should rise after the order of Melchizedek, and not to be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For if the Priesthood be changed, then of necessity must there be a change of the Law.

13 For he of whom these things are spoken, pertaineth unto another tribe, whereof no man served at the altar.

14 For it is evident, that our Lord sprung out of Judah, concerning the which tribe Moses spake nothing, touching the Priesthood.

15 And it is yet a more evident thing, because that after the similitude of Melchizedek, there is risen up another Priest,

16 Which is not made Priest after the Law of the carnal commandment, but after the power of the endless life.

17 For he testifieth thus, Thou art a Priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.

18 For the commandment that went afore, is disannulled, because of the weakness thereof, and unprofitableness.

19 For the Law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope made perfect, whereby we draw near unto God.

20 And forasmuch as it is not without an oath (for these are made Priests without an oath:

21 But this is made with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a Priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.)

22 By so much is Jesus made a surety of a better Testament.

23 And among them many were made Priests, because they were not suffered to endure, by the reason of death.

24 But this man, because he endureth ever, hath a Priesthood, which cannot pass from one to another.

25 Wherefore, he is able also perfectly to save them that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth, to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high Priest it became us to have, which is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens:

27 Which needeth not daily as those high Priests to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the peoples: for that did he once, when he offered up himself.

28 For the Law maketh men high Priests, which have infirmity: but the word of the oath that was since the Law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
Strangely since the thread started I was forced back to read the book of Hebrew... That was like 40 minutes before this post of yours am quoting. I did not understand but reading this verse 12 which you highlighted understanding fell on me, the whole chapter... It's like the information within it was decoded. Thanks ( The GNV) kinda helped

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
aiir2303:

I've been following your arguments and im impressed with with the way you've been able to back it up. But the ASUU srike guy lost immediately he became sentimental and emotional cause he knows he's dealing with someone quite knowledge and he's aware he cant back the monetary tithing up in the scriptures.
I know one thing,asking and debating is part of Christianity as Paul went about debating and also preaching. He wasn't scared of questions cause he was a scholar and he wasn't scared to back up his claims even using source of those he debated against.
All this is Doctrine and what obtains in modern Christianity today is the DOCTRINE OF MEN.
I know one thing though "The truth fears no investigation " and the truth defends it's self

The part of your quote which I've bolded is what really hurts me about the church today. Many people have grown up fiercely obeying church traditions as opposed to the TRUTH Jesus preched, lived and died for.

If you benchmark most of these church doctrines against the teachings of Jesus, you would see a lot of gaps and errors in these doctrines.

Just to also add how the Devil has successfully deceived many today...check out recent versions of the Bible after Geneva 1599 and KJV version... a lot of verses have been twisted to lead people into errors...

That's how someone quoted one funny translation of Matthew 23 v 23 which stated the Pharisees were careful to tithe their "nickel and dimes"
I asked the person if the Pharisees were using nickels and dimes in those days...

The Devil has strategically diluted the truth by sowing tares amongst the wheat...may God help us all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by pstboi: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
Christianity is spiritual. If you want to practice Christianity with the common sense, that's religiosity. And both are different. A carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit. Freeze is carnally mind as such speaks in such manner. I'm not surprised at what he had said concerning tithe and first fruit, but it's just a pity that he allowed himself to be an agent in the hands of the Antichrist to deceive many in this end time. Please be careful with what you listen to because logical reason will be the order of the day in this end time.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by aiir2303(m): 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

The part of your quote which I've bolded is what really hurts me about the church today. Many people have grown up fiercely obeying church traditions as opposed to the TRUTH Jesus preched, lived and died for.

If you benchmark most of these church doctrines against the teachings of Jesus, you would see a lot of gaps and errors in these doctrines.

Just to also add how the Devil has successfully deceived many today...check out recent versions of the Bible after Geneva 1599 and KJV version... a lot of verses have been twisted to lead people into errors...

That's how someone quoted one funny translation of Matthew 23 v 23 which stated the Pharisees were careful to tithe their "nickel and dimes"
I asked the person if the Pharisees were using nickels and dimes in those days...

The Devil has strategically diluted the truth by sowing tares amongst the wheat...may God help us all...
You absolutely on point bro. May God help Us especially to unlearn the false things that had been sown into our hearts before we could discern. A wrong thing done for so long doesn't make it right

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
chinonyinye:

abeg go and read it again, use many versions sef, I know what I'm saying. you sound like a mischievous person
Mischievous ke. grin grin
Ok, let me help you.

Hebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, HAVE A COMMANDMENT to take tithes of the people ACCORDING TO THE LAW. that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

It says the sons of Levi had a commandment back then in old testament times(that is past tense)
Commandment from who?
Certainly from God.
That means all the Jews heard God speaking as he gave the commandment.

Now, i want to ask
Who gave todays pastors commandment to be collecting tithe from today christians?
Did they hear God speaking saying they should collect tithe?
Or was it written anywhere in the new testament that God commanded church leaders or early apostles to collect tithe from believers?
If there was anything like that, under what law?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Yes you lack the holy spirit. The holy spirit doesn't teaches his children to argue unnecessary. You have beingg arguing unnecessary without pointing out a verse from the bible that says don't pay tithe. You keep beating around the bush
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by mabea: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
paxonel:

Jesus wouldn't have possibly abolish any traditional law belonging to any tribe, he upheld the 10 commandments above every other traditional laws including the traditional tithing laws of the Jews .
Tithing was a traditional religious law for the Jews and not for the gentiles.
Africans have their own religious traditional laws too, are the Jews not taking one of these our African traditional laws too the way Africans are now taking their own?
is God partial when it comes to traditional things?

Do you people think at all?
Please sincerely answer this questions. Who gave the law to Abraham when he paid tithe to Mechizedek? Also was there anything like jews at the time? If tithe is a jewish tradional law, why then do you give offerings or is it also part of the 10 commandments? is it not the pastors who collect both?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OBIGS(m): 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Indeed.Yes Jesus preached love but freeze preach hatred,confusion. Jesus preach salvation, holiness but freeze preach confusion. Jesus drew men to God but freeze draw men to Satan. Jesus edify the body but freeze causes disunity.
then what are this pastorpreneur preaching. guy wise up. Freeze is making sense. you sound like someone that is really Pained because people are beginning to criticize the church for there way of doing things.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
OBIGS:
then what are this pastorpreneur preaching. guy wise up. Freeze is making sense. you sound like someone that is really Pained because people are beginning to criticize the church for there way of doing things.
Oga wise up because the beast is at work.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Yes you lack the holy spirit. The holy spirit doesn't teaches his children to argue unnecessary. You have beingg arguing unnecessary without pointing out a verse from the bible that says don't pay tithe. You keep beating around the bush

There goes the Pharisitic accusations again...the "pastors" of 2000 years ago called Jesus a prince of demons (Belzeebub)...so I don't see your accusations as any different...

By the way, going by your logic, Paul lacked the Holy Spirit for correcting Peter on his hypocritical stance towards the gentiles while in the midst of the Jews abi?

Bros...I wonder when questioning a false doctrine (monetary tithing) with no basis whatsoever in the scriptures is now unnecessary argument...

Shall we continue sin so God's grace might abound? God forbid!

You want people to keep on paying tithes in a manner inconsistent with God's instructions inasmuch as its not even obligatory on Christians? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
paxonel:

We understand where freeze is not getting it right. That love takes you to heaven. Other pastors erroneously preach that too. But that not withstanding, freeze is absolutely right about the tithe and first fruit thing.
Learn from both sides that's my advice

Freeze is wrong about first fruit and tithe.

Tithe is not a law. Tithe existed before the law as was circumcision. Law came by Moses while tithe exited even before Abram became Abraham.

I haven't listen to his opinion about first fruit but I know he is wrong.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
paxonel:

Freeze has been asking the question where in the bible were christians compelled to pay tithe was any pastor able to answer that?

The bible doesn't compel anyone to do anything. Which church compel people to do anything at all. Have you ever gone to church in person? Churches teaches you the word of God when you understand it you comply. If you don't no one cares. Or have you seen anyone being chased or flogged for not doing something in church?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

There goes the Pharisitic accusations again...the "pastors" of 2000 years ago called Jesus a prince of demons (Belzeebub)...so I don't see your accusations as any different...

By the way, going by your logic, Paul lacked the Holy Spirit for correcting Peter on his hypocritical stance towards the gentiles while in the midst of the Jews abi?

Bros...I wonder when questioning a false doctrine (monetary tithing) with no basis whatsoever in the scriptures is now unnecessary argument...

Shall we continue sin so God's grace might abound? God forbid!

You want people to keep on paying tithes in a manner inconsistent with God's instructions inasmuch as its not even obligatory on Christians? undecided
You have being arguing, you haven't point one scripture or verse were it states "don't pay tithe"
Pharisees indeed! Between me and you I Wonder you is a Pharisee? I gave you bible verses to support my claim you couldn't show exactly were in the bible did it say we shouldn't pay tithe yet you beat around the bush.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by mabea: 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
paxonel:

Giving and tithing are two different thing o.
Freeze is not against giving.
Even if you are giving it's your right to know they are using the money for, or you are giving to yahoo yahoo
I guess you people's confusion is that you think that tithes are paid to the pastor directly. Do you know that in most cases(some churches) the pastors dont have access to the funds but the presbytery or the board though he may be signatory to the account.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
mrvitalis:
Daddy freeze always backs his Opinion with biblical quotation

If you are not ready to back your countering him with biblical facts just keep quiet abeg

Chritianity means Christ followers
So anything Christ didn't talk about is not important case close

I have never listened nor seen what the freeze guy had written but if you create a thread mention me and I will clarify you with biblical facts.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You have being arguing, you haven't point one scripture or verse were it states "don't pay tithe"
Pharisees indeed! Between me and you I Wonder you is a Pharisee? I gave you bible verses to support my claim you couldn't show exactly were in the bible did it say we shouldn't pay tithe yet you beat around the bush.

Bros...read up Hebrews 7 v 12;

By the way...Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith never stated "don't pay tithe" just as how He never stated "don't stop animal sacrifice"

1) Kindly tell us why you do not engage in animal sacrifice

2) Kindly tell us where God instructed tithes to be paid as 10% of salary and wages instead of 10% of crops and livestock...

3) Kindly tell us how you have been paying your tithes.

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS NOW THAT I HAVE ANSWERED YOU
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

Tithe is not a law. Tithe existed before the law as was circumcision. Law came by Moses while tithe exited even before Abram became Abraham.

1) Animal sacrifice also came before the Law...why aren't you doing it?

2) I'm still curious to know if first fruits is now called first salary or wages...

3) What did God instruct to be tithed? 10% of salary and wages (generic monetary income)? OR 10% of crops and livestock
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by mrvitalis(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

I have never listened nor seen what the freeze guy had written but if you create a thread mention me and I will clarify you with biblical facts.
You haven't seen and you know he is wrong ?

Cos your pastor said so ?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
mabea:
Please sincerely answer this questions. Who gave the law to Abraham when he paid tithe to Mechizedek? Also was there anything like jews at the time? If tithe is a jewish tradional law, why then do you give offerings or is it also part of the 10 commandments? is it not the pastors who collect both?
The Jews of today were decendants of the Israelites of those days.
OK,
Because i was wondering why collections in churches today should be called tithe and offerings rather than being called cheerful giving.
Obviously there are intentions behind these names tithe and offering which are geared to make the collections lawful and compulsory as possible, just like the way it was in the old testament among the Israelites.

Abraham did not pay tithe to Melchizedek because it was lawful for him to pay tithe to someone who do not belong to his tribe. He paid the tithe to him because he was a great king who recognizes God. he was not compelled or forced to pay. Heb. 7:1-4

But for the israelites, it was lawful and by force, for the Levites to collect tithe from their brethren.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
mabea:
I guess you people's confusion is that you think that tithes are paid to the pastor directly. Do you know that in most cases(some churches) the pastors dont have access to the funds but the presbytery or the board though he may be signatory to the account.
Then what are they using the funds for?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by jeruzi(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
WhiskeyTangoFox:

You are wrong about me and the post. I never said tithe was mandatory. The truth is that in the bid for freeze to buttress his point against the men of God, he has gone into error. If you are conversant with his posts, you should know what I am talking about. This has gone beyond tithe.

Also, the way he approached the issue of tithing is unlike a Christian, and I believe you should know this except you are not deep in the Christian race. He showed no respect, no humility. No true Character of a born again. You can go through what I wrote again in order to understand my point.

QuintusLentulus legislatively MarchLegend Ladyhippolyta88 PrecisionFx gypsey Solid3 Icemania Ralo laligaol
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

1) Animal sacrifice also came before the Law...why aren't you doing it?

2) I'm still curious to know if first fruits is now called first salary or wages...

3) What did God instruct to be tithed? 10% of salary and wages (generic monetary income)? OR 10% of crops and livestock

You need to study your bible well.

Jesus came to end the sin issue with his blood. That is the only part of the law that he fulfilled. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. - Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV) Any part of the law Jesus didn't fulfill his binding till tomorrow. He fulfilled the law of sacrifice.

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Hebrew 10:1-6 (KJV)

2. What is first fruit? According to Solomon anything that you get first that has the capacity to increase is your first fruit. "Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:" Prov 3:9 (KJV)

Let's look at the first person that gave first fruit and what he gave because your thinking that first fruit must be about fruits. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: Genesis 4:3-4 (KJV)

It says in the process of time. That means they have been working without giving to God until they got the revelation. Now watch what cain gave 'that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD' Now watch what Abel gave 'And Abel, he also[b] brought of the firstlings[/b] of his flock and of the fat thereof'. Cain just brought any thing while Abel brought the first of his flock.

God expected them to bring the first of their increase no matter their job.

3. The first man that paid tithe Abram paid tithe of all not tithe of his portion but tithe of all that was gotten. Tithe is 10% of all your increase. Hear Jacob, "And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee." Genesis 28:20-22 (KJV)

You guys don't know why we give tithe. We give tithe to acknowledge and appreciate God for his input in our increase.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
mrvitalis:

You haven't seen and you know he is wrong ?

Cos your pastor said so ?

No because my Bible said so. From what has been accredited to him here I had to log in to see who would man up to bring the topic as he stated it without a personal in put.

Are you up to the task?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze by paxonel(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

Hebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a COMMANDMENT to take tithes of the people according to the LAW, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

You see am so?
You don read am finish?
Oya open your dictionary and tell me the difference between commandment and law grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Pat Robertson Dies At 93 / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.