Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit (37679 Views)

Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? / CBN Crashes Treasury Bills Rates To Single Digits / CBN To Sell N252bn Treasury Bills Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by PNomsule: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2018
deenee:

High returns high risk...few questions...what do you guys use the money for?

Where are your offices?

What kind of investment gives 60% ROI by year end?

Provide answers please

Thank you Deenee, the risk with my company is non existent. We have been in operation for over two years now and we have never defaulted in our obligation to our Investors and we are waxing stronger and having spread in Abuja.

We are a Cooperative; Skyewise MPCSL... situated in the heart of Abuja (Wuse II and Area 11 branches). Simply, we trade with investors funds deposited with us in the form of loans at 12-15% interest rate monthly). Our loans do not go bad because we are proficient as we are diligent. All our loans are diligently collataralised. We are duly licensed to operate in Abuja with AMAC, affiliated with Abuja cooperative board and ANMFIN regulates our activities. We are equally insured by Leadway Insurance.
What else am i expected to answer again...oh yes, your investment gets a post dated cheque also as a security.

Thanks for the questions.
0809 905 2680
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by PNomsule: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2018
travelpoint:

Another MMM in making. You guys should becarefull in dealing with one man finance company

Were you an MMM casualty, sorry bro, you should have known better sha!
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by crowntoro(f): 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
davide470:
12% per annum of 1M for a 90day tenor..

90days = 3 months.
12% per annum = 1% interest for each month.

..so basically he gets 1% per month, therefore, for a 3 months tenor, he will get only 3% for his 1million which is equal to N30,000 (Gross).

Another simplified version. Lol
Thanks
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Hotshawarma(m): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ryabcool:
Just like i thought. I waited for hours to see what you would spring up. And it's obvious You were just making spurious claims that probably wouldn't stand scrutiny. Treasury bills remain the safest investment anybody can make.
ignorance is a disease

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Ryabcool(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hotshawarma:
ignorance is a disease
so is making noise without backup on social media.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Hotshawarma(m): 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ryabcool:
so is making noise without backup on social media.
whatever makes you sleep well at night...
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Ryabcool(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hotshawarma:
whatever makes you sleep well at night...
right back at you fam
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Hotshawarma(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ryabcool:
right back at you fam
k
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by id2011(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=Yazmin post=63966062]
Hello, This may be the basics as there might be others not stated here.
THANKS AM WAITING FOR THE UPDATE
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
henryomez:
Tbills is fix deposit with cbn while the other is with your Bank. Another diff is that tbills Starts from 1m and above while fd is 100k. Tbills has to be either 3months 6months and 1yr while fd is from 1month. Tbills rate is same irrespective of the amount its the tenor that determines the rate while fd ia amount that determines the rate. Fd pays your interest at maturity while tbills pays upfront these are the major diff

Who is these?
Do you realize there are bankers here?
Ogbeni, please research well before you spit the shiit from your teeth.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by aspirebig: 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2018
PNomsule:

How many investments hubs have you heard of bro? You may as well not call, it only shows how interested and serious you are...i have just chatted with 4 people already on my cell from here. Remain skeptical all you want but is it working, how else would you know...the website i have made available and my digits are there.
Thank you for being my prejudicial Thomas.

I have heard of many investments hubs but not like this mini #ponzi of yours.If your phone number is there,meaning what?if you like receive a million calls,that is your business. I don't care. The topic is about TB and FD ...then I asked about mutual funds.

Do you know about 'Forum' in the late 90s in Lagos? It was also investment hub and they took people money and disappeared with them. Even Oceanic bank in the last decade, they were booming, what about Societal Generale bank, owned by Saraki that almost disappeared with Jay Jay Okocha $1m? If not for fed govt timely intervention,what about All states trust bank? Savants bank etc? People bought shares in millions him these banks and they whole thing disappeared, let alone this your one man business.

The website is very poor and lacks the quality of a formidable business and financial entity.
You ought to tell me when and how long you been in business, your customer base,you base only in Abuja.

Well, I don't.trust that thing...it sounds like # ponzi..I cannot put my money in a place I get 5%monthly....and I cannot state how the 5% is coming.Then small time, the whole money is gone. That is #Ponzi. I will invest the money in something I can defend outside and I can access my accout anytime.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by PNomsule: 2:58am On Jan 09, 2018
aspirebig:

I have heard of many investments hubs but not like this mini #ponzi of yours.If your phone number is there,meaning what?if you like receive a million calls,that is your business. I don't care. The topic is about TB and FD ...then I asked about mutual funds.

Do you know about 'Forum' in the late 90s in Lagos? It was also investment hub and they took people money and disappeared with them. Even Oceanic bank in the last decade, they were booming, what about Societal Generale bank, owned by Saraki that almost disappeared with Jay Jay Okocha $1m? If not for fed govt timely intervention,what about All states trust bank? Savants bank etc? People bought shares in millions him these banks and they whole thing disappeared, let alone this your one man business.

The website is very poor and lacks the quality of a formidable business and financial entity.
You ought to tell me when and how long you been in business, your customer base,you base only in Abuja.

Well, I don't.trust that thing...it sounds like # ponzi..I cannot put my money in a place I get 5%monthly....and I cannot state how the 5% is coming.Then small time, the whole money is gone. That is #Ponzi. I will invest the money in something I can defend outside and I can access my accout anytime.

Truth is, i was obliged to put the information up here as it just may help someone, that's what successful people do, albeit it was never for everyone let alone prejudicial and implacable minds. Yes prejudicial because all you keep mentioning was ponzi like some new fancy word you just learnt when in fact you've proven you do not even know what it entails. (Apple is largely successful yet scarcely for everyone)

MTN as an entity is strongest in Nigeria and have spread across Africa and beyond, did it start in Nigeria?!
Skyewise is a legitimate Financial Cooperative which is transparent yet we still maintain a balance as to upholding cooperatives bye law item on keeping membership info privy.

Those entities you mentioned failed, why did they fail? You need to get an education as to what a cooperative is and how it functions...its owned by members. So the banks may fail, Skyewise will only keep burgeoning.
Argue all you want, we are growing and we are flourishing...need I remind you by December this year?!

Lastly, i must commend something from all you put up there, your sentiment on our 5% monthly dividend to investors...you express concern thats it high; thank you much, especially because we have been paying these funds for close to three years now!
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by aspirebig: 8:38am On Jan 09, 2018
PNomsule:

Truth is, i was obliged to put the information up here as it just may help someone, that's what successful people do, albeit it was never for everyone let alone prejudicial and implacable minds. Yes prejudicial because all you keep mentioning was ponzi like some new fancy word you just learnt when in fact you've proven you do not even know what it entails. (Apple is largely successful yet scarcely for everyone)

MTN as an entity is strongest in Nigeria and have spread across Africa and beyond, did it start in Nigeria?!
Skyewise is a legitimate Financial Cooperative which is transparent yet we still maintain a balance as to upholding cooperatives bye law item on keeping membership info privy.

Those entities you mentioned failed, why did they fail? You need to get an education as to what a cooperative is and how it functions...its owned by members. So the banks may fail, Skyewise will only keep burgeoning.
Argue all you want, we are growing and we are flourishing...need I remind you by December this year?!

Lastly, i must commend something from all you put up there, your sentiment on our 5% monthly dividend to investors...you express concern thats it high; thank you much, especially because we have been paying these funds for close to three years now!

Ponzi is a new world I learnt.Thank you Mr CO operative .

What about 'Forum' too, is it a new world?

You are not a professional. If you are you supposed to convince me with all the good qualities of your company, what you people do.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by aspirebig: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2018
PNomsule:

Ponzi is a new world I learnt.Thank you Mr Cooperative .

What about 'Forum' too, is it a new word ?

You are not a professional. If you are you supposed to convince me with all the good qualities of your company. Continue looking for gullible people. If you can convince me practical how feasible it is to be getting 5%monthly,I will know that there is something that is genuinely better than FD and TB or even mutual funds.

Convince me, stop beating around the bush.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by buffalowings: 10:09am On Jan 09, 2018
aspirebig:

You are not a professional. If you are you supposed to convince me with all the good qualities of your company. Continue looking for gullible people. If you can convince me practical how feasible it is to be getting 5%monthly,I will know that there is something that is genuinely better than FD and TB or even mutual funds.

I subscgribed to mutual funds with ecobank almost a year now. I bought only 100,000 naira worth. Me na poor pikin o.And to be honest with you the gains I see posted on the quaterly result is not encouraging at all. For all its worth now, I'm seeing the value of my shares at 115,000 naira.. I'm pissed. Maybe I should have invested it in TB. Maybe mutual funds is a long term investment. And I suppose it's for bigtime players as it is everything with investment's in this country.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by PNomsule: 10:31am On Jan 09, 2018
aspirebig:

Trust me bro, I am thorough bred and would love to earn your conviction...but you were clear abinitio that its a "mini ponzi" without asking what exactly it is we do, but that too i have explained here already. Fixed Deposit is what members do and earn 5% monthly. These monies are insured by Leadway Insurance. We are licensed to operate in Abuja by AMAC and affiliated with ANMFIN (you can find us on there website too). Skyebank gives you a letter of credence recommending you can do business with us plus we give you our post dated cheque carrying the sum you invested with us.

The banks give out loans with your FD, we do exactly the same although at a higher rate, 12-15% interest rate. Our loans are duly collateralised and so they dont go bad.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Ugosample(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
nnadychuks:
Nigerians lazy o. How will someone put money in the bank for a whole month and expect 30%?! Whereas with mental and physical work, he could get 250% with the same money under a month.

Nwanne

I ma otu business na-aga
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by aspirebig: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
PNomsule:

Trust me bro, I am thorough bred and would love to earn your conviction...but you were clear abinitio that its a "mini ponzi" without asking what exactly it is we do, but that too i have explained here already. Fixed Deposit is what members do and earn 5% monthly. These monies are insured by Leadway Insurance. We are licensed to operate in Abuja by AMAC and affiliated with ANMFIN (you can find us on there website too). Skyebank gives you a letter of credence recommending you can do business with us plus we give you our post dated cheque carrying the sum you invested with us.

The banks give out loans with your FD, we do exactly the same although at a higher rate, 12-15% interest rate. Our loans are duly collateralised and so they dont go bad.

This is your best response so far. Though I still I my reservations. So many criminals in Nigeria financial sector that we don't know who is good .

Atleast, one is sure of his money in some low paying investments.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by obashiakpu(m): 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hallenjay:
wats d formula for d calculation cos I know de calculate it different which makes d interest reduce... .someone shd share d formula pls

12% of 1m is 120k which is divided into 12 to make for one month/30 days to be 10k. For 90 days will be 10k multiplied by 3 which gives you 30k.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by incomeboostng: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2018
okay... one or two things learnt
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by ssolaoye: 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
This is all you need to know about investing in treasury bills in Nigeria.

https://nairabarter.com/blog/treasury-bills-in-nigeria/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This One No Be Money: Fuel Reseller Rejects 100 Dollar Bill Given To Him (Video) / OLX Nigeria And So Much Scamming / Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.