Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) (55023 Views)

LAUTECH Online Transcripts And Letter Of English Proficiency / 7 Keys To Writing A Story That Scores High In Your English Exams / Test Your English Proficiency Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by BamBella(m): 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2018
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by ozimec(m): 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
igraman:
Check this out.
Let's have your answer.
it has generated a lot of arguments here.

Hmmm, was I there, how will I know? But wait.... Probably, it's the mother

1 Like

Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Evangelistdavid: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
[color=#550000][/color]
BMCSlayer:
The mother.
Its like my dad slapped me because he was angry.

Angry over what ?
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by VictorRomanov: 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
okonja:
The mother is drunk because a mother in her right sense would not beat her daughter for no reason. cool

What if the reason for beating the daughter was because the daughter was drunk

You no think am reach there?
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by BIXYBABE: 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
Very simple.....It is very clear dat d so call Drunkard is drunk.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Gabriel27: 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
Choi i bin dey think sey i sabi english all this while, i think its the mother thats drunk..Lemme wait for correction cheesy
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by laryourmee: 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
The daughter of course
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Disneylady(f): 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
I No sabi Inglish
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Valleoo(m): 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
The mother was drunk
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Hungrychicken(m): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
IF IT IS ME, NAH DOUBLE BEATING YOU GO KELLECT. HOW CAN YOU GET DRUNK IN MY HOUSE??
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by 12345baba(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
I think op and seun were the drunks

1 Like

Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Olaiya26: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
Only a drunkard knows how to deal with a drunkard.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by pannyman(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
wtfcoded:
The daughter.

'Because' she was drunk.
Yep, ambiguous.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by jaxxy(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
igraman:
Check this out.
Let's have your answer.
it has generated a lot of arguments here.

There is an apostrophe " ending the sentence which is a quote. I think dat implies the mum was drunk and then she then beat her daughter
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by grudges: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
Is the daughter that drunk
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Jayburga(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
i go 4 d dauta. nkechi:y did her moda beat her? adanna: just cos she was drunk. nkechi: haba! nawa oo.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by jamariwolf2(f): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
The mother is drunk here.

If it were the daughter, it would've been :A mother beat her daughter who/that was drunk.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by kanuchiemela: 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
The Daughter
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Jackpat(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
The answer is SHE
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Ahmeduana(m): 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
igraman:
Check this out. Let's have your answer. it has generated a lot of arguments here.
for what offence did she beat her daughter?
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by ObiBlessed(m): 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
"SHE" was drunk. D answer to that is "She" Because they did not call anybody's name there Make una go sch, una say no..
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Lalas247(f): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
They are both drunk ...nothing more to see here grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by artworks1: 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
The mother was drunk, hence the beating for no reason.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by BIXYBABE: 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
First of all highlight d DRUNKER & DRUNKEE, den it will be easy to know d BEATER & BEATRESS.
cc:francesco01
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by emmateejay(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
But why would any of them choose to be drunk before taking to correction either by beating or anyhow they like, they must be from the south.

What am I even saying? Guy! rap the 2 remaining Arizona for me abey.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Chukazu: 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
Elesu:
I think it's the foolish daughter that drank till she became drunk.

Cc: Lalasticlala

cheesy cheesy

First of ...let's ask the OP...Shey Nigerian English, British English or American English?

In Nigerian English you don't refer to your elders as "been drunk" so certainly the daughter is drunk to stupor tongue

In American English the woman is drunk and she knows

In British English the woman and the daughter are both drunk and they don't know and it runs in their blood shocked
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by emmateejay(m): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
But why would any of them choose to be drunk before taking to correction either by beating or anyhow they like, they must be from the south.

What am I even saying? Guy! rap the 2 remaining Arizona for me abeg.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by sureheaven(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2018
She ........ is the answer
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by fredopareto(m): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
ExplicitContent:
Simple -The daughter was the one drunk.

In the sentence it says, 'beat her daughter because she was drunk' .

"because" serves as a conjunction between "daughter" which is a noun following over with the word "she which is an adverb all referring to the daughter..

So the person drunk was the daughter.
hmmm
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by adekhingz(m): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
BigBelleControl:
This is an adverbial clause of reason which modifies the verb drunk which is the reason for the action.

Therefore the daughter is the drunk one.

I agree
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Johnsonifeoluwa(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2018
The mother was drunk
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by musicwriter(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2018
In my native Igbo language, if you saw that, everybody knows the child was drunk and got punished by her mother. But, in English, only the speaker knows who's drunk here. That's why linguists consider English as the best language for telling lies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks / WAEC 2019 Maths Questions And Answers | 2019/2020 WAEC Maths Expo, Runz (runs) / Meet One Of The Tallest Students In Ghana - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.