Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency (27269 Views)

Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) / I Spent 10-years Under Lagos Bridges - Dolapo Osinbajo / Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by SBG04: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2018
I think people on this thread are just being silly and foolish in their responses. I'm not a fan of Adeshina, but his point is very valid. He didn't make any comparison with Jonathans administration, he's just trying to shut down those that are adding ethnic coloration to this herdsmen crisis. This Pastorialist vs farmer conflict even predates the Jonathan and even Abacha eras. Farmers in the middle belt and in other parts of the country always retaliate when pastorialists allow their herds stray into their farms and eat their crops. This retaliation almost always ends up bloody. The pastorialists mobilise themselves massively and retaliate whenever their cattle or fellow pastorialists are attacked or killed. That is the genesis of the crisis. This is something most of us even wrote dissertations about in school ages ago.
To insinuate that people are getting killed because Buhari is a Fulani is just plain stupid and mischievous. A long term solution to this conflict that has gone on for ages, will involve changing the lifestyle of these nomads and giving them permanent ranching settlements. Most governors have however refused to release land for this scheme.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Lomprico2: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
for telling you the bitter truth.
That is how idiotic pigs of Biafra roll

I tried to ignore you but cant help it.

You are the most stupid of all the bms crew. Did u see any of ur colleagues here? That's because they are wiser than you they know issues to comment or not to comment on. angry

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by toniok: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2018
people are just making noise over this issue without getting the direction from which Adesina was coming from. People have said the benue killings presently is happening becos pmb is fulani. That he is providing support for his people. Then came the question, why were more killings in 2yrs during Gej time ? Was he a fulani too?. Adesina is saying that not withstanding these, this Govt. is going to provide a lasting solution to this. Suggesting , i will say let there be ban on open grazing. If you want to go into rearing of cow, look for land and buy and keep your cows there. Secondly those states are under policed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by IYANGBALI: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2018
HITTED:

I think say you be one of those people wey dey shout Sai Baba that time.
those are sai barbarians now, me I be human being

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 11, 2018
so, to balance equation, they must kill more under buhari Abi? ....
oloriburuku people! bunch of wasted sperms!!!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by izzywin: 8:27am On Jan 11, 2018
Desyner:

:
http://punchng.com/herdsmen-killed-over-756-in-two-years-under-jonathan-presidency/

This niggers are crazy,
Fix the problem and stop this rubish. How does this stop the killing. Niggers pls

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Lomprico2: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2018
xaggar:

Haven't you heard?! The road which he rode upon was constructed by Jonathan's government.

Hahahahahaha! grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by shekauvsbuhari: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Buhari n his team are sick in de head. When will dey stop all dis bullcrap comparison n face their job.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Reference(m): 8:30am On Jan 11, 2018
GoodGovernance:
'' It said it would, therefore, be wrong to insinuate that the recent killings happened because President Muhammadu Buhari is a Fulani man.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed these in a video he posted on his Facebook page. He insisted that the recent spate of killings by herdsmen in parts of the country had nothing to do with Buhari being Fulani.

The presidential spokesman said, “Something that is disturbing that I have heard about it is linking those developments to the fact that a Fulani man is President and so, he is brooking such kind of evil acts.

“I think that is very unkind. And I will try to back my position with statistics. "

The whole essence of Adeshina's comments are very clear and was not intended to justfiy any evil,but rather to debunk evil insinuations against PMB.

Unfortunately,most readers on Nairaland only concentrate on reading the headlines,which many times are misleading and sometimes,deliberately mischievous.

Too bad.

undecided

Yes, his first responsibility is to defend his boss, no question, but he has a greater responsibility towards the Nigerian state amd her people. He should remember that he is in a tenured job and his life (if he wishes) doesn't end there. The currency of his legacy is being wasted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Alanzazani: 8:30am On Jan 11, 2018
What kind of leadership do we have in this country. Why the Jonathan government was voted out was for a more focused government to take the helm of affairs of the country. Herdsmen and farmers crises started more than 20years ago. My dad told me of a man in .y village that was killed by the fulanis as far back as the 70's because he killed thier cow that destroyed his farm. What is this man trying to justify. Are the so scared of Jonathan's popularity? I have never seen a government so unfocused from head to tail. Idiots keep bringing up Jonathan's name. Going backwards I stead of forward. I am so angry and disgusted in Femi Adesina

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by geefasee: 8:31am On Jan 11, 2018
eagleeye2:
I can't understand the hell why the Buhari administration must compare with Jonathan's administration.
How did we get to this point?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by bossrillboss: 8:32am On Jan 11, 2018
see as dos useless BMC crew dey dodge this thread lik shaolin master grin grin grin grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 11, 2018
More than 2 years into this tenure and this dumb government is still dragging Jonathan up and down. Boko haram, cultists, herdsmen, etc were all present while Jonathan was there but that's why people voted Buhari, for CHANGE!! Are they now telling us to be happy with the present killing just because they happened before?
2019 can't get here quick enough.
I don't think these people have any type of shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:34am On Jan 11, 2018
These people are foolish (God forgive me). angry
People are dying and these ones are still comparing with Jonathan.
How do you play the death toll comparison game when we’re talking about people’s lives here?

This shows the killings are just a statistic to them. Who cares if a billion people died during gej’s Administration?

Stop the bloody menace then u can brag about how you found solution to what was a thorn in GEJ’s flesh!

Idiots!

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by brimoknight(m): 8:34am On Jan 11, 2018
DearPeople:
Dear People,

Can you all see the dummies we have as leaders? Can we all see that Buhari is nothing but a plague to Nigeria and Nigerians?

Can you all see that these people would rather continue to give these herdsmen rooms to kill by blaming Jonathan? I am very sure Jonathan is responsible for the accident Yusuf had. In short, he bought him the power bike just so he can kill himself angry

Oga, try and get the message. And stop the hatred

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Duru009(m): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2018
Am sick n tired of this blame game !!

This govt has finally failed !

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by modik(m): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2018
Mofos.

Majoring on their minor. Focusing on sidemirror rather than windscreen.

Have this medal for surpassing the herdsmen death toll of Jonathan's regime.

Trivialising the sanctity of human lives.

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Danchoco(m): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2018
So Nigerian should wait until the herdsmen kill 756 before kick against it or voice out....i don't think our leaders are human but......?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Abusombody: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2018
What should a group that kill over a thousand people be call........ Terrorist group,so what is ur govt waiting for to declare them who they are

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by cyrilamx(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2018
Oga, a lot of those who commented here wouldn't have passed comprehension passage in English language if not that schools and examination centres hired/hire mercenaries to write answers on the board for them. A lot of bigoted minds here. You aptly said it. Femi wasn't justifying the heartless killings rather forced to denounce that there is a correlation between the killings and PMB as a Fulani. People should dislike Buhari if he errs but not because he is Fulani.
GoodGovernance:
'' It said it would, therefore, be wrong to insinuate that the recent killings happened because President Muhammadu Buhari is a Fulani man.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed these in a video he posted on his Facebook page. He insisted that the recent spate of killings by herdsmen in parts of the country had nothing to do with Buhari being Fulani.

The presidential spokesman said, “Something that is disturbing that I have heard about it is linking those developments to the fact that a Fulani man is President and so, he is brooking such kind of evil acts.

“I think that is very unkind. And I will try to back my position with statistics. "

The whole essence of Adeshina's comments are very clear and was not intended to justfiy any evil,but rather to debunk evil insinuations against PMB.

Unfortunately,most readers on Nairaland only concentrate on reading the headlines,which many times are misleading and sometimes,deliberately mischievous.

Too bad.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by rman: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2018
RUBBISH TALK!

So Buhari and APC needs to surpass that record or match it too..

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Jasomine: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2018
Therefore, the herdsmen (Buhari's agent of jihad enforcement) should be allowed to ravagely kill christians in Nigeria. Hope you can all see the APC agenda now. When we said APC is a jihadist party nobody listen to us.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by baralatie(m): 8:42am On Jan 11, 2018
Esseite:
Imagine the presidency braging on the number of deaths..

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Jsaviour(f): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2018
Buhari, APC ,Osibanjo etc, shame on you. I say again shame on you. So you now brag about death and incompetence, why did we vote you in. Propaganda won't save you this time as we are ready to kick you back to Daura. We need who can fix what you claim Goodluck spoilt not excuses.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by IBBG(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2018
i now see why this government will lose 2019. the handwriting is already on wall.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 11, 2018
Blakjewelry:
Who even appointed this guy as the presidential spokesman sef
He calls himself a Pastor ooo. A Deeper Life Bible Church Pastor for that matter. A big disgrace

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by ema2017: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2018
How did we get to this point. You can't compare Jonathan Govt to this one. Jonathan Govt was far more better than this clueless regime. Lets look at the APC messiah that came to revive the economy and see how far they have done to the economy.
A Bag of rice that was sold for N7500-Nin Jonathan's/PDP time now sold for N17,000- N22, 000 depend on the brand.
A dollar that was 170 IN Jonathan/PDP is now 370 to naira in Buhari/APC
Bajaj motocycle was N82,000 Jonathan/PDP now N280,000
A kg of semovita was N1,100 Jonathan/PDP now N3000
10kg bag of wheat meal was in Jonathan/PDP N700 now N2,800
Lagos- abuja fare was N2500 Jonathan/PDP now N15,500
75ml of palm oil was N70 in Jonathan/PDP now N400
A Bottle of coca-cola drink was in N60 Jonathan/PDP now N100
fuel was between N87-97 now Jonathan/PDP N220 per litre
Tin of peak milk was N80 in Jonathan/PDP now N220.
Herdsmen killed 756 in Jonathan time now they have killed more than 5000 people in Buhari
school fees has triple its price and the most ininteresting thing was that APC did it in 2year why PDP did their in 16 years
5million Job has been lost yet buhari offer N-power of 30,000 stipense monthly that is not up to a day allowance of his children to 3000 full graduate. And all this change was blamed on PDP 16years of rule when they have cripple the economy in Just 2years.
All the major ministries are hearded by fulani, they want to establish grazing colonies in each state for fulanies to rear their cattle and position fulani in all states. cattle rearing is a private business just like goat sheep and chicken. ranches should be provided by their owners not the govt.
Buhari has taken our resource to develop the north that is why he wants to build a rail from duara to Niger republic when all our roads are death traps, hospitals are decapitated, schools are something else. This Govt has wasted our resource more than any govt in history

Youth be wise all should go and register for their PVC and come out em mass to vote this clueless govt out. If they give you rice or money take it and vote against them. even if they try to rig let the crowed of voters that voted not give them the opportunity to do it. Lets look for a neutral person that is not control by cabal and vote for thru change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:52am On Jan 11, 2018
useless APC everything to them is politics, see as they are playing politics with peoples lives... I blame the Ediots that voted diz ppl into power, so herdsmen killed 700 during Jonathan so they will double their efforts and kill thousands now an incompetent dullard is in power...

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by rexlims(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
for telling you the bitter truth.
That is how idiotic pigs of Biafra roll
my prayer for this morning is dat what is happening in Benue now should happen in your house,
and let us see if u will make dis remark.
Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by osusuallstars: 8:54am On Jan 11, 2018
chai i weep for this country. so under buhari herdsmen never even start at all. who is this man s father and where does he comes from

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency by Pussyisfood: 8:55am On Jan 11, 2018
Desyner:

:
http://punchng.com/herdsmen-killed-over-756-in-two-years-under-jonathan-presidency/

So Jonathan's administration has become a metre rule for measuring how bad or good you are. Hmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Why FG Can’t Seize My Assets In Nigeria, US, UK, Dubai"- Ekweremadu Tells Court / Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria / President Buhari, Ministers At Federal Executive Council Meeting Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.