Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures (51812 Views)

Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit / APC Governorship Rally In Gbongan, Osun State (Photos) / Governor Aregbesola Inspects Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Alertpro: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=Y0ruba post=64105724]

Moti gbo.

Oya, you wey your parents nor waste money ontop. Please tell us what values these roads have added to Osun?[/quote

quick question sir

so the roads should come after investors have arrived?
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by danvon(m): 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Good road equal good economy
Please anyone knows what country this is?

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by GenOrumov: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
@ YOruba, I salute how you did not resort to abusing those who abused you. Kudos to you. That was matured of you.

Now to the subject at hand.

As an indigene of Osun state who goes thru Osogbo, via Gbongan on the way to my village in Ibokun, Obokun LGA once in like every 3 months. At first, I wondered why the need for this project but it was later I realized the importance. Although, you cannot calculate the importance of infrastructure in Naira and Kobo but it's advantage in the short and long term is in no small measure.

Others have listed the expected benefits so I don't have to repeat it all over again. You can read more on the benefits of road infrastructure. cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by engrhorla(m): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
Bibidear:

u are weird

Simple & precise comments!
Fantastic!

Are u a teacher?
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Mememan: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Another laughable comment.

Please, prove to us you’re not dead brain by explaining how most of the roads in Osun that cars do not even ply [they’ve become beds for goats & choice spot to dry cassava/yams] will add to the purse of Osun state.

I’ll wait cheesy
Chai... cry

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Walelavender(m): 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
This is a federal road. I hope Aregbe gets paid for this. This trumpet didn't get to Ode-Omu grin. Aregbe bit more than he could chew with this road,in a bid to dualize it to Osogbo-Recession obviously dealt with him. He could have done more. Baba Hafusa (half salary ) grin

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by olayinkajnr(m): 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
GenOrumov:
@ YOruba, I salute how you did not resort to abusing those who abused you. Kudos to you. That was matured of you.

Now to the subject at hand.

As an indigene of Osun state who goes thru Osogbo, via Gbongan on the way to my village in Ibokun, Obokun LGA once in like every 3 months. At first, I wondered why the need for this project but it was later I realized the importance. Although, you cannot calculate the importance of infrastructure in Naira and Kobo but it's advantage in the short and long term is in no small measure.

Others have listed the expected benefits so I don't have to repeat it all over again. You can read more on the benefits of road infrastructure. cheers.

He actually insulted them. Don't salute yet. Clearly you don't expect everyone to know the importance of roads, whether it's plied or not. They will always find faults.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Yhemit(m): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

If you live in Osun, outside of Osogbo, please share what other places cars ply in high numbers. And I’m not talking roads feeding interstate highways like Olaiya road in Osogbo, Moro road in Sekona & the liked. I’m speaking regular toads tjat cut through streets.

In addition, since these roads have been done tell us if there has been high traffic flow in your area and how it has attracted industries fo your vicinity that created jobs for your environment.

I’ll wait.

lovely point Bro...... from oshogbo dada estate side.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by OmoEpe(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Brilliant!

Now we need to keep Osun state’s status in mind.

Is Osun a rich state? No.

Does Osun need infrastructures? Yes.

But does Osun have the luxury to spend public funds to build massive projects? No.

The realities of Osun as a poor state and a state in a lot of debt at that does not permit it to build just for the benefit of those who need to use it. Osun needs to consider its own purse especially and should be looking for how to recoup money spent on this project. If Osun puts a toll gate on that road, people will be employed and Osun will earn its money back in a number of years.

Osun looks bad financially and needs ways to sustain itself internally. Lagos is a rich state but looks for ways to make money back on projects executed for the benefit of those using it.

The more i read your comment the more embarrassed i get for you. Am from Lagos but had projects doing in both Ede and Ekiti between 2013-2015. Due to the excellent state of the roads for the 2years i was living in Osogbo while driving to Ado and other Ekiti towns daily. Even as a Lagosian i still plan to have a house in Osogbo because of it's livability. Presently am about commencing sourcing agricultural products from Osun to Lagos because of the state of roads which makes accessibility easy.
I schooled in OAU but i can tell you that Osun has NEVER had it this good. If indeed you a an indigine then you are sorry to say, one that points his father's house with the left hand.
Irrespective of political affiliations Aregbe has out perform all APC Govs with the exception of Lagos and history will justify him
Please if you are too ashamed to acknowledge his exemplary performance for Christ sake do yourself the favour of keeping quiet. Am sure it won't cost you anything to
Shalom

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by ItsTutsi(m): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
pls ill like to see the one in enugu grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by adem30: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Moti gbo.

Oya, you wey your parents nor waste money ontop. Please tell us what values these roads have added to Osun?

If by now you are still asking for the Value of constructing a road will add to a state, It clearly shows that you are untrainable
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by omokab: 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Please, prove to us you’re not dead brain by explaining how most of the roads in Osun that cars do not even ply [they’ve become beds for goats & choice spot to dry cassava/yams] will add to the purse of Osun state.

I’ll wait cheesy
truly you have dead brain. Which road in osogbo has become beds for goat because motor do not ply it? Please just mention one because am presently in osogbo. In your own little understanding of providing a good roads,it means that good roads won't contribute to economic development. The best thing for for you is to tear your certificate and apologise to your parent for sending you to school. Good roads is one of factors an investor consider to locate an industry.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Are you sure you read basic economics in school? Social investment precede economic upgrade of any entity. What could he have done? Throw money around and feed a select few?? Please just tell us what he should have done if not upgrade the social infrastructures in the state.

Bibidear:

u are weird

rhidollah:
Ur presentation is good but ur approach is wrong,aregbe did a lot of good, bad nd worse things

adem30:

If by now you are still asking for the Value of constructing a road will add to a state, It clearly shows that you are untrainable

omokab:
truly you have dead brain. Which road in osogbo has become beds for goat because motor do not ply it? Please just mention one because am presently in osogbo. In your own little understanding of providing a good roads,it means that good roads won't contribute to economic development. The best thing for for you is to tear your certificate and apologise to your parent for sending you to school. Good roads is one of factors an investor consider to locate an industry.

These posts are results of poor academic background & exposure as well as below par cognition.

This is why governments go away with under-performing because the youths can not think right to subject their governance to in-depth scrutiny.

How is it difficult to place IGR beside expenses to know a state is poor or if a state needs to embark on projects it won’t earn from?

Lagos is rich, the IGR is massive but does Lagos not toll its projects to earn its expenses back? A whole lot of you want the government to pay salaries but won’t help it brainstorm on how to generate the money; a whole lot of you want project but won’t questions its short or long term benefit to you and the state.

Truly, we get what we deserve as a people. No wonder a man who has never been known to engage in any economic venture but has lived off public funds for the most part of his life came with lofty ideas in 2015 and no one questioned how he intended to go about it or if he even understood the modern dynamics surrounding local and international economics.

With these set of youths, Nigeria is doomed for another century. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by olayinex(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

I am from the state & spent four years in the stare for my first degree. Apart from that, I visit my hometown about every month and sometimes stop over at my alma mater & explore adjoining towns to eat Ogufe or hang out at beer joints there.

So, please answer my question if you can.

Thank you.
some will just sit at one corner nd type Wat not happen again like history of the past
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by magnetik(m): 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
OmoEpe:

The more i read your comment the more embarrassed i get for you. Am from Lagos but had projects doing in both Ede and Ekiti between 2013-2015. Due to the excellent state of the roads for the 2years i was living in Osogbo while driving to Ado and other Ekiti towns daily. Even as a Lagosian i still plan to have a house in Osogbo because of it's livability. Presently am about commencing sourcing agricultural products from Osun to Lagos because of the state of roads which makes accessibility easy.
I schooled in OAU but i can tell you that Osun has NEVER had it this good. If indeed you a an indigine then you are sorry to say, one that points his father's house with the left hand.
Irrespective of political affiliations Aregbe has out perform all APC Govs with the exception of Lagos and history will justify him
Please if you are too ashamed to acknowledge his exemplary performance for Christ sake do yourself the favour of keeping quiet. Am sure it won't cost you anything to6
Shalom
Even myself not from Osun, I'm just thinking of investing there right now due to the developments I'm seeing.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Omooba77: 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
jr4u2:
Images of the newly completed Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan. #stateofosun #stateofosunismoving #HomeRun

Images below

This is beautiful, looks like Gbongan, Ayedade end. Please has this road reached Ode-Omu, Ede, Ikirun end
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
[s]
Y0ruba:

These posts are results of poor academic background & exposure as well as below par cognition.

This is why governments go away with under-performing because the youths can not think right to subject their governance to in-depth scrutiny.

How is it difficult to place IGR beside expenses to know a state is pure or if a state needs to embark on projects it won’t earn from?

Lagos is rich, the IGR is massive but does Lagos not toll its projects to earn its expenses back? A whole lot of you want the government to pay salaries but won’t help it brainstorm on how to generate the money; a whole lot of you want project but won’t questions its short or long term benefit to you and the state.

Truly, we get what we deserve as a people. No wonder a man who has never been known to engage in any economic venture but has lived off public funds for the most part of his life came with lofty ideas in 2015 and no one questioned how he intended to go about it or if he even understood the modern dynamics surrounding local and international economics.

[/s]

Stop compounding your ignorance with more ignorance, your puerile rubbish getting stale and nauseating.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
OmoEpe:

Please if you are too ashamed to acknowledge his exemplary performance for Christ sake do yourself the favour of keeping quiet. Am sure it won't cost you anything to
Shalom

LOL why do you have to embarrass yourself ehn? Your use of English is bad and your grasp of minor socio-economic issue is subpar yet to typed ‘I schooled at OAU’. How did you graduate with this type of English and reasoning? Are you a 3rd class material or something? OAU used to be a good school though, SMH.

Anyway, stop being selfish. It is not about you driving, having a house there and your business. It is about the good lot there who are unemployed and the government workers not getting paid.

My question is - how does he intend to earn the money back in order to put the government’s purse back in shape? Yes you can drive up and down but are people getting paid? Is the road you are driving your jalopy through earning the state money?

No government in the world embarks on free projects. They give you infrastructures they know they can earn money from.

I wonder why it is so difficult for your likes to understand Osun is poor and lacks the luxury of embarking on projects it will not earn money from.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Meritbaba(m): 10:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

How is it difficult to place IGR beside expenses to know a state is pure or if a state needs to embark on projects it won’t earn from?

Igbos are avoiding this thread like plague, you would have gotten the likes you're after, pele
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by adem30: 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Moti gbo.

Oya, you wey your parents nor waste money ontop. Please tell us what values these roads have added to Osun?

If by now you are still asking for what value a road construction will bring to a state, then it clearly shows you are untrainable
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by SuccesYear: 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2018
And if Mr. Governor deem fit to have a close eyes on those roads it still the same set of wailers that will be wailing.........if the man embezzle all the fund wetin una wan do sef

Ingrates
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Meritbaba:

Igbos are avoiding this thread like plague, you would have gotten the likes you're after, pele

lmao...

poor ipob...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by SmartyPants(m): 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

I’ll wait cheesy

I think one factor you may not have considered is the fact that good infrastructure may attract increasing number of migrants. Osun already has the best power supply in the nation, this is a green light to any investors. Coupling this with a good road network and hopefully sealing the deal with good security means in the next 10 years Osun could be a center of manufacturing, mechanized agriculture and a potential population boom.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
adem30:

If by now you are still asking for what value a road construction will bring to a state, then it clearly shows you are untrainable

Sadly...
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
SmartyPants:

I think one factor you may not have considered is the fact that good infrastructure may attract increasing number of migrants. Osun already has the best power supply in the nation, this is a green light to any investors. Coupling this with a good road network and hopefully sealing the deal with good security means in the next 10 years Osun could be a center of manufacturing, mechanized agriculture and a potential population boom.

Good one!

Thank you for this but I think your good agreeable thought is in the long term.

How about the short term to get earnings to replace the expenses? Or do you consider using the roads to expand IGR a bad idea?

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
adem30:

OK

Now answer one of those questions I’ve been asking.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by SmartyPants(m): 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Good one!

Thank you for this but I think your good agreeable thought is in the long term.

How about the short term to get earnings to replace the expenses? Or do you consider using the roads to expand IGR a bad idea?

Not at all... it is being done in other places so there is no problem with this. Fundamentally, when a state goes deep into debt, the burden is transferred in the form of one tax or the other(or a tax hike), to the people. So a toll for using the road seems perfectly in order to me.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by kayodedada1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
O boy see correct bridge... Nna ehn Aregbesola is trying o wish you can come and see the bridge done by Saraki and his toy boy Fatai Ahmed in kwara state i swear you will weep for the people of kwara
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Fawklicant: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

My comment is going to be based on your responses and not the topic. This is a fight between brothers so I dare not intervene lest I be called ipob and what not.
I like the fact that you are able to see things from a different pov and hold steadfast to it while awaiting any reasonable or superior argument. Kudos for that. Unfortunately you are dealing with majority folks who would be quick to label you ipob because you hold a different view from theirs regardless of whether they have a superior argument or not. The aim of a debate is for a more logical argument to hold sway. That is a rare feature on Nairaland these days as everything is seen through apc /pdp lens and common sense takes flight.

Kudos for your approach, it is very commendable.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by wellmax(m): 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

I’ll wait cheesy

You have right to be stupid in private. But bringing it here on nairaland is a no no.

If you are trying to be sarcastic, then you are bad at it.

Nothing kills as fast as hatred.

Better outgrow this attitude before you pass it to innocent children.

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

I’ll wait cheesy
you are right, I onced lived in Osun state, most of the roads are not good at all even the good ones are just there for fancy, example is ILEOGBO to Kuta road at Ayedire LGA, my dear you can sleep in the middle of the road for hours and no car will horn at you. The road is just empty only goats and sheep's with few people uses the road. Osun has a long way to grow, the day I went to Osun was the day I knew what people means when they say "Brown roof republic"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zarah Buhari Indimi At APC Women And Youth Victory Dinner / NSIP: Are They Paying Ghosts? - Ben Kalu Questions Maryam Uwais / Buhari Meets With Tinubu & Sikiru Adetona In London Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.