Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures (51816 Views)

Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit / APC Governorship Rally In Gbongan, Osun State (Photos) / Governor Aregbesola Inspects Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by BetaThings: 3:55am On Jan 12, 2018
wahab63:
I have never seen dis kind Trumpet Bridge in gbongan, and I usually go dere everyday.

YOu have never seen it and yet

Heavance:
we applaud o....
But with my calculation, it is clear this construction took a tenure in office.
This project started before Jan 2015 o, and this is Jan 2018, I just can't place the year, but I remember it was before Jan 2015

He has been seeing it since 2015

So who is lying?

Fact is that bridge has been under construction for long and there is no way you will not see on your way to Ife from Ikire
And Gbongan is between those tow towns
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by BetaThings: 4:00am On Jan 12, 2018
Y0ruba:

You are so happy at the "deplorable condition (brown roof)" of your state
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 4:10am On Jan 12, 2018

Nov27 interchange bridge is still loading too...

World class all the way....
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 12, 2018
jr4u2:
Images of the newly completed Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan. #stateofosun #stateofosunismoving #HomeRun

Images below

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by otipoju(m): 5:19am On Jan 12, 2018
Y0ruba:

Very laughable comment.

In relation to the socio-economic perculiarities of the state how has he done well?

Newly constructed roads & proper road network are good stuff but how do these roads contribute to the purse of the state & economic upgrade of the state?

I’m hoping he will toll that trumpet bridge and some of the roads to generate funds for the state as well as jobs. A number of those toads feed Federal roads which means high volume of vehicular [especially truck] pressure on the roads, he needs to toll them in order for the state to have a stable road maintenance fund stashed away.

In a civilized world. ..the road leading to your doorstep should be tarred.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Misterdhee1(m): 5:26am On Jan 12, 2018
Y0ruba:

At the emboldened, how please?

We the indigene who use that road are not much compared to travelers from out of state who ply the road. Why use the money that belongs to the state make something beneficial to non indigenes for free and why tax the people who don’t even earn much? Why not toll the road rather than tax the people of the state that are not earning much?

Lagos is richer but tolls Lekki bridge/roads & Lagos is richer but BRT isn’t free. Why then should a poor Osun incur massive debt for a free project that the whole Nigeria will use?

I didn’t attack the project, you most likely didn’t see my point from the get go but no shakes.
Boss why now Are you really asking me how the state will benefit from agric? Are the farmers not indigenes of the state? What about the employment opportunities, the people that will be employed across the value chain? That aside, the government can subsidize the cost of inputs at the beginning of the farming year with an agreement to buy all the produce after harvest. Isn't that a viable source of revenue generation?

You seem to be more concerned about the state paying back the workers...The man recently promised he will do that before he leaves. Mind you he is only owing 25% of the workers (Level 8 or so and above). He probably didn't manage the issue of the workers well enough, but that doesn't remove the fact that he has developed Osun state within his last 8 years. No be everybody for Osun state be civil servants now.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by bellyjean(m): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2018
I don't understand how majority of the contributors did not get the point @YOruba was trying to make.

These and many more by Ogbeni are laudable projects. The ones he did in Osogbo are great. The bridge and the detour to ring road from Secretariat road is long overdue. The detour to ilesa garage will ease traffic once completed.

But this trumpet bridge is not needed by osun state right now. And unless osun state has plans to make money from this gargantuan project, I would say it is a white elephant project.

Let me build my case pls.
1. Ibadan to Ife/ilesa to akure is a federal road. One beautiful thing about osun state is that this road is just outside the major towns of osun state. The road passes just on the side.
NB. Gbogan is not a major town.
From this express road, you will have to travel inwards, either left or right to go to Osogbo, ife, and ilesa. Since this road didn't enter any major town per se (like Lagos -Ibadan express way enters Ibadan city), traffic will always be free and smooth at the entry and exits of these major towns. So the trumpet bridge clearly was not needed.

2. Building a case for the capital city, Osogbo.
Osogbo is so centralised that there are about 4 entry/exit points into the town.
a. From ilesa
b. From Ife/Moro/sekona to ede to osogbo
c. From gbogan
d. From Iwo
These four routes are utilised by people coming from lagos/Ibadan and akure/ondo/oore
e. From ikirun
For commuters from offa/Ilorin/ Niger state.

One can see how there are options for commuters depending on where you are coming from and where you are going (if you have to pass through Osogbo)

3. Pls we know the textbook importance of infrastructures like good roads.
But a more sensible project to embark upon is to upgrade the aforementioned entry/exit roads into quality double lane roads.
NB. I stay in ilesa, had my secondary school education in ikirun and completed my bachelor's in Ife. So unless you stay in osun state, you wouldn't know that the abovementioned roads are as bad as the roads that lead to stream in your villages.
So you would agree with YOruba that unless there is a specific and strategic need for this trumpet bridge, this might be ogbeni's greatest scandal in his 8 year rule in osun.

4. ... for a better and a more pleasurable tomorrow.
Since 2015 or 2016, Ogbeni has been paying part salaries to the state employed workers. He couldn't fulfil osun's commitment to Lautech. There are some positives too; the mega schools he built. But if this trumpet bridge was one of the reasons why osun workers were denied full benefits over the years, then the bridge better attract investors, provide jobs for the unemployed youths and maybe someday, a world marathon event is done in the state with this trumpet bridge as the route.

5. ...Gbogan, the industrial hub of osun state?

Was there any pressure on the exit from gbogan to Osogbo?

No there was none. Gbogan's population is probably less than 300,000 or just around this figure.

Is gbogan town industrialised which may have led to any congestion experienced in the town?

No.

Will Gbogan ever become industrialised? Yes of course. But unless, Ogbeni has this in his immediate plans or has signed some MOU with some investors to come site their companies in Gbogan, then, the timing of this trumpet bridge is wrong.

I can go on and on. But to do any form of criticism here, I might be relegated into the IPoB league and I don't want this.
"Ona baba ona", the super roads in built in ilesa, Ife didn't last up to 1 year before they got damaged. Why not do standard roads and come back in 5/6 years only to do small maintenance and repairs?

Why not leverage on the strengths of osun state especially, the human resources available, the good arable lands, proximity to Ogun and Lagos, why not collaborate with the governments of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, and may be ondo to link the States via high speed rail networks?

Why not leverage on the rich culture and heritage and also peaceful atmosphere of osun to make it the number one tourist destination in Nigeria?

I rest my fingers here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by seguno2: 5:41am On Jan 12, 2018
otipoju:
In a civilized world. ..the road leading to your doorstep should be tarred.

So why is the road leading to all houses in Osun State not tarred despite all the debts and owed salaries by Aregbesola?
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by wellmax(m): 5:54am On Jan 12, 2018
Y0ruba:

Another one.

It is now a problem to subject governance to scrutiny.

SMH.

Go and read your comment that I quoted and tell me the scrutiny in it.

The earlier you remove hate from you, the better.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by yommygift15: 6:05am On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=Y0ruba post=64098839]

Very laughable comment.

In relation to the socio-economic perculiarities of the state how has he done well?

Newly constructed roads & proper road network are good stuff but how do these roads contribute to the purse of the state & economic upgrade of the state?

I’m hoping he will toll that trumpet bridge and some of the roads to generate funds for the state as well as jobs. A number of those toads feed Federal roads which means high volume of vehicular [especially truck] pressure on the roads, he needs to toll them in order for the state to have a stable road maintenance fund stashed away.
what has ur Governor done since the last 6years
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 6:36am On Jan 12, 2018
bellyjean:
I don't understand how majority of the contributors did not get the point @YOruba was trying to make.

These and many more by Ogbeni are laudable projects. The ones he did in Osogbo are great. The bridge and the detour to ring road from Secretariat road is long overdue. The detour to ilesa garage will ease traffic once completed.

But this trumpet bridge is not needed by osun state right now. And unless osun state has plans to make money from this gargantuan project, I would say it is a white elephant project.

1. Ibadan to Ife/ilesa to akure is a federal road. One beautiful thing about osun state is that this road is just outside the major towns of osun state. The road passes just on the side.
From this express road, you will have to travel inwards, either left or right to go to Osogbo, ife, and ilesa. Since this road didn't enter any major town per se (like Lagos -Ibadan express way enters Ibadan city), traffic will always be free and smooth at the entry and exits of these major towns. So the trumpet bridge clearly was not needed.

Osogbo is so centralised that there are about 4 entry/exit points into the town.
a. From ilesa
c. From gbogan
d. From Iwo
These four routes are utilised by people coming from lagos/Ibadan and akure/ondo/oore
e. From ikirun

One can see how there are options for commuters depending on where you are coming from and where you are going (if you have to pass through Osogbo)

But a more sensible project to embark upon is to upgrade the aforementioned entry/exit roads into quality double lane roads.
NB. I stay in ilesa, had my secondary school education in ikirun and completed my bachelor's in Ife. So unless you stay in osun state, you wouldn't know that the abovementioned roads are as bad as the roads that lead to stream in your villages.
So you would agree with YOruba that unless there is a specific and strategic need for this trumpet bridge, this might be ogbeni's greatest scandal in his 8 year rule in osun.

Since 2015 or 2016, Ogbeni has been paying part salaries to the state employed workers. He couldn't fulfil osun's commitment to Lautech. There are some positives too; the mega schools he built. But if this trumpet bridge was one of the reasons why osun workers were denied full benefits over the years, then the bridge better attract investors, provide jobs for the unemployed youths and maybe someday, a world marathon event is done in the state with this trumpet bridge as the route.

No there was none. Gbogan's population is probably less than 300,000 or just around this figure.

Is gbogan town industrialised which may have led to any congestion experienced in the town?

No.

Will Gbogan ever become industrialised? Yes of course. But unless, Ogbeni has this in his immediate plans or has signed some MOU with some investors to come site their companies in Gbogan, then, the timing of this trumpet bridge is wrong.

I can go on and on. But to do any form of criticism here, I might be relegated into the IPoB league and I don't want this.
"Ona baba ona", the super roads in built in ilesa, Ife didn't last up to 1 year before they got damaged. Why not do standard roads and come back in 5/6 years only to do small maintenance and repairs?

Why not leverage on the strengths of osun state especially, the human resources available, the good arable lands, proximity to Ogun and Lagos, why not collaborate with the governments of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, and may be ondo to link the States via high speed rail networks?

Why not leverage on the rich culture and heritage and also peaceful atmosphere of osun to make it the number one tourist destination in Nigeria?

I rest my fingers here.

1. Picking and choosing what are or not relevant infrastructure to build or not build in any state remains opinions and speculation not rooted in facts, state physical and economic planning, growth projection or economic outlook.

2. The folks sitting at the table formulating ideas and economic strategies per how to better their states obviously have a detailed understanding per where they intend to direct their state economically, socially and physically, but you have no clue or was even at the table when these matters were discussed.

3. The essence of infrastructure upgrades and development remains economic growth, IGR expansion, mass employment, communal satisfaction and poverty eradication remains low poverty rate, low unemployment rate, increased IGR and economic growth and per the many reviews, surveys and researches by different institutions both locally and internationally, they've all been positive and they are all hitting the same positive marks from 2nd lowest poverty rate to 2nd lowest unemployment rate to the lowest misery index rate.

4. Aregbe same out from the get-go to reduce the unemployment rate in his state, to eradicate poverty in his state and he put his money where his mouth is and we are today witnessing the results in terms of the positive indices across the board.

5. Obviously, you get good results when you plane, set critical and substantive goals regardless other people's miscalculations or I know better arguments.

6. At the end of the day, the communal satisfaction derived from lack of economic or employment worries, expanding IGR based with money to invest in more projects and government programs for more communal satisfaction remains the ultimate goal for any state governor and government.

7. Lagos state is richer than Osun state and many other states are in fact richer than Osun state, but their goals are not well targeted, their governors are grossly corrupt, lazy and incompetent, but Osun still outsmarts all of them.

Pound for pound, Osun state delivered more infrastructure than the rest of Nigeria pound for pound, even more than Lagos state with all their IGR.

Regardless what you think is important to build or not build, infrastructure upgrades.

= Hundreds of Nbillions getting recycled within the economy = Jobs = Low unemployment = low poverty rate = low mysery index rate.

This is not ROCKET SCIENCE.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Yyeske(m): 6:45am On Jan 12, 2018
deomelllo:
Osun records increased IGR in 2016

That's 10% growth in less than 1 year

This is why it's always good to counter these ignorant and unintelligent ipob clowns with facts.
Read this

http://sunnewsonline.com/anambra-igr-between-obi-and-obiano/

compare with this

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/osun-records-increased-igr-in-2016-as-lagos-emerge-top-earner-again/
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 6:46am On Jan 12, 2018
Osun ranks second in human capital on Nigeria’s first sub-national competitiveness indeX

NOVEMBER 13, 20178:00 PM

The state of Osun has ranked second in human Capital on Nigeria’s first sub-national competitiveness index released by the National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria. Osun ranking in human capital The report which was release early November by the council took two years of research into the factors that drive competitiveness in Nigeria’s 36 states and the FCT. The research was funded by Ford Foundation and The Tony Elumelu Foundation. The research covered more than 2,000 businesses, 8,000 households, 400 indicators and 4 pillars. In Human Capital which covers education, migration, gender equality and health, Osun came second after Delta State whilst Enugu state took the third position, whilst Kebbi, Borno and Gombe took the last three positions respectively.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/osun-ranks-second-in-human-capital-on-nigerias-first-sub-national-competitiveness-index/

The question now is, why is Osun state getting these positive reviews from surveys and research even with all the silly noise about debt and salary?

It's not magic or abracadabra, it's competent leadership, smart policies, and aggressive infrastructure spending.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 6:48am On Jan 12, 2018
[s]
Yyeske:
Read this

http://sunnewsonline.com/anambra-igr-between-obi-and-obiano/

compare with this

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/osun-records-increased-igr-in-2016-as-lagos-emerge-top-earner-again/
[/s]

Can this gay ipob scumbag clown just stop chasing me around NL.

I'm not interested in your rettarded attention seeking gay moves. FUKCK OFF.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by otipoju(m): 6:49am On Jan 12, 2018
seguno2:

So why is the road leading to all houses in Osun State not tarred despite all the debts and owed salaries by Aregbesola?

Wetin we dey talk, wetin did one dey talk.

Tarred roads is a basic necessity of life.
It's not a gift from the government.

My point is that tarring of toads and building of bridges is the eork of government. Tis no big deal and deserves neither applause nor celebration or the analysis of its economic viability.

The road leading to my house should be tarred irrespective of whether it adds to the economy or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Yyeske(m): 6:51am On Jan 12, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Can this gay ipob scumbag clown just stop chasing me around NL.

I'm not interested in your rettarded attention seeking gay moves. Bleep OFF.

Go, read, comprehend and compare then tell me one or two things you learnt there. I thought Osun has a higher IGR than the entire SE.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by kakaG: 6:54am On Jan 12, 2018
jr4u2:
Images of the newly completed Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan. #stateofosun #stateofosunismoving #HomeRun

Images below

I hope that governor of Ogun state is up to speed on developments in neighboring states to his. It has taken him almost six years to complete project like the Akute, Alagbole and Ijoko Bridges making life unbearable for residents of these areas mentioned.

Dear Governor, kindly complete these projects to help save our cars, businesses and promote better living conditions for all.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 6:55am On Jan 12, 2018
otipoju:

Wetin we dey talk, wetin did one dey talk.

Tarred roads is a basic necessity of life.
It's not a gift from the government.

My point is that tarring of toads and building of bridges is the eork of government. Tis no big deal and deserves neither applause nor celebration or the analysis of its economic viability.

The road leading to my house should be tarred irrespective of whether it adds to the economy or not.

They are basically saying roads are not important, even the ones leading to their houses unless they are economically viable and the government can make money from you.

This is how bad and messed up they are, this is shallow, insane, backward thinking and unintelligent many of them are.

You don't want these absurd characters to be your governor or even the principal of any nursery school.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by otipoju(m): 7:04am On Jan 12, 2018
deomelllo:

They are basically saying roads are not important, even the ones leading to their houses unless they are economically viable and the government can make money from you.

This is how bad and messed up they are, this is shallow, insane, backward thinking and unintelligent many of them are.

You don't want these absurd characters to be your governor or even the principal of any nursery school.

I went from Ikeja through Agege to Ijaye yesterday and could not just but be irritated at the state of the roads.

No dedicated turn lanes, no lane markings not one single traffic light to control the flow of traffic. I just dropped my head in shame and for the first time it really hit me why people like Trump called Nigeria a shut hole.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by EternalTruths: 7:04am On Jan 12, 2018
danvon:
Good road equal good economy
Please anyone knows what country this is?

North Korea with good roads but no investors

@ Y0ruba you have a point about tolling to get back the money since Osun is a poor state.

In general, you want the governor to focus on infrastructures that can increase the IGR of Osun or at least recuperate the money spent since Osun is a poor state.

The truth is that, your people will not understand & will end up insulting you as IPOB since your economic idea sounds like those of Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by Cvesta(m): 7:08am On Jan 12, 2018
Y0ruba:

LOL alright.

Now how has this trumper bridge generated funds for the government so far and how it has attracted investors like your co-travelers said.

I’ll wait again.
What would you have preferred Aregbe Builds in Osun instead of the Roads?
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelllo: 7:09am On Jan 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

North Korea with good roads but no investors

@ Y0ruba you have a point about tolling to get back the money since Osun is a poor state.

In general, you want the governor to focus on infrastructures that can increase the IGR of Osun or at least recuperate the money spent since Osun is a poor state.

The truth is that, your people will not understand & will end up insulting you as IPOB since your economic idea sounds like those of Biafrans.

North Korea is under US/UN economic sanctions, the most severe sanction regime in the world and they've been under sanctions for decades so even a day old baby can tell you the reason why their economy is bad in North Korea.

Is Osun state under global sanctions like North Korea?

Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos forming primary school logic.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by EternalTruths: 7:18am On Jan 12, 2018
Y0ruba:

These posts are results of poor academic background & exposure as well as below par cognition.

This is why governments go away with under-performing because the youths can not think right to subject their governance to in-depth scrutiny.

How is it difficult to place IGR beside expenses to know a state is poor or if a state needs to embark on projects it won’t earn from?

Lagos is rich, the IGR is massive but does Lagos not toll its projects to earn its expenses back? A whole lot of you want the government to pay salaries but won’t help it brainstorm on how to generate the money; a whole lot of you want project but won’t questions its short or long term benefit to you and the state.

Truly, we get what we deserve as a people. No wonder a man who has never been known to engage in any economic venture but has lived off public funds for the most part of his life came with lofty ideas in 2015 and no one questioned how he intended to go about it or if he even understood the modern dynamics surrounding local and international economics.

With these set of youths, Nigeria is doomed for another century. SMH.

They won't understand you.

You might not find this comment pleasant. Most of your people, don't understand wealth creation, public finance & basic economics.

Infrastructures should be paid by users in order to recuperate the money spent on it since a state like Osun is poor.

I will advice that the toll fee should not be much so as not to induce price inflation.

Yes I don't like taxation but in this case, it is needed to get back that money spent to provide such facility since Osun state is a poor state.

Finally, you said something that I like and have being working on for years.

".....A whole lot of you want the government to pay salaries but won’t help it brainstorm on how to generate the money;......."

This is the main problem of many Nigerians.

They don't brainstorm on how to boost IGR and employment that don't drain state purse.

Don't feel bad if they call you IPOB because in reality, you share the view of Biafran economists.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by EternalTruths: 7:26am On Jan 12, 2018
SmartyPants:

I think one factor you may not have considered is the fact that good infrastructure may attract increasing number of migrants. Osun already has the best power supply in the nation, this is a green light to any investors. Coupling this with a good road network and hopefully sealing the deal with good security means in the next 10 years Osun could be a center of manufacturing, mechanized agriculture and a potential population boom.

Investors avoid states filled with unpaid workers & poor people except when they plan to export their products like the case of China.

Another thing you also have to consider, is never to put your faith on foreign investors but to develop your local entrepreneurs through programs like YOUWIN financed by Osun State.

Y0ruba is trying to point a fact that is difficult to understand except you have been closed to Govt before to see the challenges that humbles every politician when they get to power.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by EternalTruths: 7:30am On Jan 12, 2018
Fawklicant:

My comment is going to be based on your responses and not the topic. This is a fight between brothers so I dare not intervene lest I be called ipob and what not.
I like the fact that you are able to see things from a different pov and hold steadfast to it while awaiting any reasonable or superior argument. Kudos for that. Unfortunately you are dealing with majority folks who would be quick to label you ipob because you hold a different view from theirs regardless of whether they have a superior argument or not. The aim of a debate is for a more logical argument to hold sway. That is a rare feature on Nairaland these days as everything is seen through apc /pdp lens and common sense takes flight.

Kudos for your approach, it is very commendable.

That guy Y0ruba is a brilliant economist due to the fact that he has been closed to govt before to know what humbles every loud mouthed politician when they get to power.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by EternalTruths: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2018
deomelllo:

North Korea is under US/UN economic sanctions, the most severe sanction regime in the world and they've been under sanctions for decades so even a day old baby can tell you the reason why their economy is bad in North Korea.

Is Osun state under global sanctions like North Korea?

Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos forming primary school logic.

Roads are good but can also be bad when you fail to put some things into consideration especially if the state is poor & depends on Abuja for survival

1) How do you recuperate the money spent

2) Will you be able to generate enough money to maintain the road as well as recuperate the money spent.

3) How long will it take to recuperate the money.

Now answer this question and keep the discussion civil & educative.

1) What is within the vicinity of those areas connected to the road that will attract investors.?
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by BeijinDossier: 7:39am On Jan 12, 2018
bellyjean:

a. From ilesa
c. From gbogan
d. From Iwo
e. From ikirun

No.

I rest my fingers here.

The chief propagandist ekoile aka deomelllo read this from your brother. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by EternalTruths: 7:42am On Jan 12, 2018
dannybee:

Oga forget theory and forget what they taught you in school, we are talking practicals here.

You expect a Nigerian graduate to talk practically when all his life he was taught theoretically.

They won't understand that infrastructures are good but can also be an elephant project.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelo: 7:43am On Jan 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Investors avoid states filled with unpaid workers & poor people except when they plan to export their products like the case of China.

Another thing you also have to consider, is never to put your faith on foreign investors but to develop your local entrepreneurs through programs like YOUWIN financed by Osun State.

Y0ruba is trying to point a fact that is difficult to understand except you have been closed to Govt before to see the challenges that humbles every politician when they get to power.

Osun - FG opens One Stop Shop to support MSME in the State.

They know how to develop small businesses and entrepreneurs in Osun, do they know how to do same in your village?

Go and advice them in your village because Osun is a million miles ahead of your village.

Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by EternalTruths: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2018
Y0ruba:

Thank you again.

This brings me to my final question. How many of these roads apart from that Gbongan road, Okuku-Offa road & Ondo road can be tolled to generate funds?

Most of these roads cut into areas that see very little vehicular activity. It is good that he did them, I love the gesture but then all these roads at once, where does that leave recurrent expenditure?

You are close to govt that is why you see things clearly.

You are a govt official.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelo: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2018
[s]
EternalTruths:

Roads are good but can also be bad when you fail to put some things into consideration especially if the state is poor & depends on Abuja for survival

1) How do you recuperate the money spent

2) Will you be able to generate enough money to maintain the road as well as recuperate the money spent.

3) How long will it take to recuperate the money.

Now answer this question and keep the discussion civil & educative.

1) What is within the vicinity of those areas connected to the road that will attract investors.?

[/s]

I really can not be bothered with ignorant and shallow basement thinking roadside ipob rubbish.
Re: Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures by deomelo: 7:48am On Jan 12, 2018
Cvesta:

What would you have preferred Aregbe Builds in Osun instead of the Roads?

They want him to do nothing, just like their own useless, lazy, worthless and incompetent ipob village governors..

To tell you the truth, they care less about OSUN or Aregbesola, they are only displaying their usual hatred, bitterness, and jealousy.

Imagine Igbos all of a sudden caring and advising Osun state/Aregbe.

Don't take these snakes and crocodiles too seriously...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Ate At A Canteen In Kano & Paid N30, Mob Threatened To Beat Him / Troops Kill ISWAP Commander, 37 Others In Askira/Uba (Photos) / Atiku’s Supporters Tripled After Makinde Endorsed Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.