Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? (17335 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by MightySparrow: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2018
Paulpeterparker:
I really hate to see pastor riding on private jets while the poor are suffering. So i have decided to start paying my tithe's to the poor. Am i right? Or am making a very big mistake.

You can pay your tithe to the poor, that won't be tithe but alms. If your decision is based on hatred for pastors and jets, you are not convinced of what you want to do.

As wrongly accused by many, none of the pastors in Nigeria bought any jets with tithes. We hear how people bought, raised money to give correct their pastors jets.

When I read certain threads on nairaland, I see how mean and unreasonable some are. Church is an organization built up by individuals with a lot of work, perseverance, fasting, giving etc.

They raised money, some of these mega churches have robust accounting and audit departments, more efficient that those of any Nigerian governments at any level. In any case, without accountability, the churches won't grow at all. Churches are more difficult to grow than any other organization being a voluntary organization.

The Church is not to be responsible for the welfare of citizens, but to her workers. Even, in the days when tithing was instituted, the was tax also. Tithe for Levite's, tax for government projects and welfare for citizens..

The question is if government has failed in its duty, has church failed in hers? Most schools in Nigeria are built by churches, their names bear witness. Many have orphanage homes, rehabilitation centres, provide portable water to communities etc. In advanced countries where governments do their responsibilities no one cares about church affairs..

So, if you take tithing as a biblical doctrine, get down to the Bible, read it, understand it, pay as prescribed or do not pay at all.
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by Davicool1(m): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2018
Paulpeterparker:
I really hate to see pastor riding on private jets while the poor are suffering. So i have decided to start paying my tithe's to the poor. Am i right? Or am making a very big mistake.
. pls I beg u
leave pastors alone do what is right read ur bible understand it and be bless .
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by walls01: 10:28am On Jan 21, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Jesus was specific when certain questions were asked. An eye for eye question was raised, Jesus did explain that there was no need to fight back. The issue of tithe wasn't raised neither did he condemned it. Study Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 to see whether the issue of tithe was kicked against. Jesus never kicked against tithing at all. What Jesus did was to rebuke the Pharisees for not obeying lighter matters along with tithe. He never condemned it ( matt 23:23, Luke 11:42)
happy sunday
exzctly my point. Jesus did not condemn yet he did not approve. When the adulturous woman was condemned and the crowd want to stone her, jesus did not condem the law but did not give the power the law suppose to hold, he said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Clearly this is not the original law. Back to matt 23.23 he said tithe of cummin, anise, mint, this tithes are not money as done this days. Tithe have corrupted the church because its true meaning have been adjusted like in the days of the pharisees. That is why i said earlier this is why jesus came to free us from the law
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
walls01:

happy sunday
exzctly my point. Jesus did not condemn yet he did not approve. When the adulturous woman was condemned and the crowd want to stone her, jesus did not condem the law but did not give the power the law suppose to hold, he said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Clearly this is not the original law. Back to matt 23.23 he said tithe of cummin, anise, mint, this tithes are not money as done this days. Tithe have corrupted the church because its true meaning have been adjusted like in the days of the pharisees. That is why i said earlier this is why jesus came to free us from the law
Ask the holy spirit to teach you more don't lean on your own understanding. Don't be moved by what is going on in the church
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by walls01: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Ask the holy spirit to teach you more don't lean on your own understanding. Don't be moved by what is going on in the church

i think you should do that and ask the holy spirit to enligten you on why jesus came so you lean not on others understanding
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by MuttleyLaff: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Ask the holy spirit to teach you more
don't lean on your own understanding.
Don't be moved by what is going on in the church

walls01:
i think you should do that
and ask the holy spirit to enligten you
on why jesus came
so you lean not on others understanding
[img]https://s1/images/WeirdLookUp.gif[/img]
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
walls01:

i think you should do that and ask the holy spirit to enligten you on why jesus came so you lean not on others understanding
You should do because you are writing from the flesh.
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by walls01: 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
asuustrike2009:
You should do because you are writing from the flesh.
hahaha holy spirit understanding, no wonder the pastors are having a free ride

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
walls01:

hahaha holy spirit understanding, no wonder the pastors are having a free ride
Romans 2:11. “For there is no respect of persons with God.”
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men
shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the
day of judgment.
Re: I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? by walls01: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Romans 2:11. “For there is no respect of persons with God.”
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men
shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the
day of judgment.

one of the verses use to scare the congregation unto submisiveness to fake pastors authorities

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It / Ten Questions I Have For Christians / Atheists Unwind!!!! + Lots Of New Memes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.