Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships (829 Views)

“I Hold No Regrets”: Man Dumped Lover After 25 Years And Married Someone Else / Why Is It That Nairaland Men Hold A Different Perception Of Women? / Lady 'Tackles' Other Ladies That Say They Cant Date Broke Men (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships by olamariamjonez(m): 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
Picture a single, cash-strapped brother in your mind. He could be a full-time student living off of financial aid, a recent grad who is underemployed at a low paying gig, or a man who is simply between jobs and currently searching for work.

The man in your mind’s eye is very single, trying to get his life together, and like most single folks of any socioeconomic reality, he wants to have a romantic connection with another person. Yet, he’s constantly inundated with things like this:

IF YOUR BROKE ASS AINT GOT A JOB, WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE SWEATING ON TOP OF SOMEBODY’S DAUGHTER?!
— RIP baba. (@y3miii_) October 5, 2016

Men literally have one job. Don’t be broke. They don’t get pregnant. They don’t have kids. They’re bigger and stronger on average. — Lilith (@Liberienne) December 6, 2016

Men with no money shouldn’t be in a relationship, yes https:///cwB8cIkIeT — Yam Yam (@Intemnandi) November 28, 2016

Because this brother is constantly hearing that he needs to be successful—a truly subjective concept—in order to bring value into a woman’s life, he continues his grind with a more singular focus, realizing that building with a woman is effectively off the table, because his intrinsic worth must be actualized through establishing himself as a success. So he detaches himself from the prior goal of finding a compatible partner, to simply entertaining casual encounters until he’s “where he wants to be.”

Read More: https://bah.com.ng/2018/01/13/reason-broke-men-hold-no-value-relationships/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships by Sturmbannfuhrer: 2:12pm On Jan 13, 2018
It tickles me always when I read from the "broke guys deserve no relationship" campaign. They just do not know what they are doing. Women will never set themselves up more than they have done with this campaign. They kind of men this campaign will breed will be damaged and women will be worse off for it (if they still want heterosexual relationships, that is).

Even poor men deserve romance, at least biologically, they do. It is all about knowing and getting one's place in the grand scheme of things. The effects of poor men having romantic relationships with women socially are really complex and largely it prevents social unrest and is advantageous to our collective well-being as it keeps a part of our community happy but that is not the point today.

If more women are to lean towards "I must not date a broke guy", more men too will get the mentality that women are selfish and only sell their affections for money. In essence, men will detest women, see them as a necessary evil and will believe the parts of a woman surrounding her vagina are useless to him.

Even if a lady were rich and she meets a guy this stupid campaign has helped breed, she will still be in a damaging relationship. Everybody loses.

Know your place in the world, have romance for the sake of it, help poor people too and stop commodifying love. Experience has taught me that money is not important to find a romantic relationship with anybody.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships by Amarabae(f): 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2018
A broke guy in my own opinion should take a break from a relationship issue and focus on coming out of brokenness in order to avoid frustration.
In Africa, women are indoctrinated that only the man should be doing the spending, thanks to feminism that freed some of us from that mentality.
So if a broke guy with little amount of money in his pocket go after love, he may end up with a girl that is a financial liability,
So frustration will step in because he will be struggling to maintain the relationship in financial aspect.
Being broke is temporarily,
Fix urself as a man, don't worry, Love is always available.
That is why feminism is trying to free some ladies and open their eyes that a woman should be financially stable and not rely on a man.
Feminists make the best lovers.
Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships by Bestchoice4me(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
Amarabae:
A broke guy in my own opinion should take a break from a relationship issue and focus on coming out of brokenness in order to avoid frustration.
In Africa, women are indoctrinated that only the man should be doing the spending, thanks to feminism that freed some of us from that mentality.
So if a broke guy with little amount of money in his pocket go after love, he may end up with a girl that is a financial liability,
So frustration will step in because he will be struggling to maintain the relationship in financial aspect.
Being broke is temporarily,
Fix urself as a man, don't worry, Love is always available.
That is why feminism is trying to free some ladies and open their eyes that a woman should be financially stable and not rely on a man.
Feminists make the best lovers.
Quote me anywhere
Feminist!!!Hmmmmm..Are u one
Re: The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships by ubunja(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2018
if women dont want me when im broke i wont want them when my money is right.
if you didnt want me at my worst you wont have me at my best. forget it.
many guys who make the big time go back and find that one gal who used to hang out with him when he was broke drinking tap water.some guys are loyal like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Broke Men Hold No Value In Relationships by IAMSASHY(f): 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2018
undecidedif a woman leaves u bc u ar broke, free her,go make d money, even if na small change,com bak and form rich,pick her up again and don't just break her heart, pieces it. Everybody deserves to b loved wt or wtout money, most women search for Greener pastures in a man's bank account,if she cant suffer wt u,she needs to b trashed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When You See Your Ex Beaten Up In Public / Sex Doll Or Real Girl: Which Do You Prefer? / How Equalism Is Keeping Women In The Epiphany Phase Of Her Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.