Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,207 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept (2526 Views)

Nigeria Rated 9th Country With Strong Religious Views / Question For My Religious Folks. / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept by Gabry(f): 12:06am On Apr 15, 2010
karo93:

@gabry

Since you don’t believe all the dogmas of any religion completely then it means that you don’t practice any religion faithfully and if admission into the kingdom of God was by any of those religions you definitely won’t enter for the bible says God hates lukewarm people(Revelation 3:14-16).

I suggest that you start your own religion [deep sight has started his] which can be a mixture of all the religions you like as one cos for instance Islam and Christianity cannot mix because Christianity is built on the claim that Jesus the son of God came to die for our sins while Islam expressly denies this giving him the attribute of a prophet so you cant sit on the fence on this one.
Maybe the almighty would approve of your mixture.

[s][You could make Mary the highest authority in your religion with God as her pet][/s]

Do u even hear yourself?

Do u even read?

look, if you are going to make worthless comments as the whole thing above especially the last part, dont even comment. People like u existed is the reason why there is hatred on this earth.

The Bible this and the Bible that. Rubbish! Do yu even believ 100% in he Bible? Did God wrote the Bible? Did jesus wrote the Bible? No! The Bible was written by men. . . Those time when men had written the Bible, there was no light, there was no electricity, thre was no photocpy machine. How are you sure that they have written everything in the correct sense? Go and take the old testemant and the new testemant of th bible, you will come to realize that the scriptures are a little different from one another because people misintepret from the old testemant but doesnt mean the old testemant is corrct as well. They might be real stories stated in the Bible but when you and me die one day, please remember yourself to ask God if the Bible is 100% true. I doubt it is.
Re: My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept by karo93: 12:18am On Apr 15, 2010
@gabry

the only wrong statement i wrote is this".You could make Mary the highest authority in your religion with God as her pet"and its an expensive joke.

am i not entitled to my opinion as you are. i neva once preached christianity to you it only baffles me that you are mixing religions that cant mix and thus while you may be tolerant it does not flow.

it is very good to be tolerant to other's religions even if you knew they were wrong cos its not their fault that they are not convinced or where born into wrong families but to accept some sets of religions together such as christianity and islam does not make sense which is why i suggested you creating your own religion.
Re: My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept by richjohn1(m): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2010
Religion is absolute bullcrap, dont bother yourself going rounf garby, did God create any? I dont think so! did he tell people to kill in his name? I dont think so (xtians dont think its only muslims that have kill in the name of religion, xtians have killed more the muslims wont even match what xtians have done) all religions were bourne out of fear and inquisity to explain the mystery that comes with life and a false assurance of hope in an afterlife!
Re: My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept by Gabry(f): 1:30am On Apr 15, 2010
karo93:

@gabry

the only wrong statement i wrote is this".You could make Mary the highest authority in your religion with God as her pet"and its an expensive joke.

am i not entitled to my opinion as you are. i neva once preached christianity to you it only baffles me that you are mixing religions that cant mix and thus while you may be tolerant it does not flow.

it is very good to be tolerant to other's religions even if you knew they were wrong cos its not their fault that they are not convinced or where born into wrong families but to accept some sets of religions together such as christianity and islam does not make sense which is why i suggested you creating your own religion.

Well, that is not funny to me and I take that as an insult. . .  angry   Its like calling your father a    w. .h. .o . .r . .e    to your mother. And worst of all, u decided to mock God, the creator of this earth and the Mother of Jesus Christ.   angry

Look, I dont have time to create a religion and to be honest with you, creating another religion is absolute rubbish. When you die, who gives a toss about religion? Religion is not important. Whats the point of having a religion when you commit adultery or steal or kill or despoil or do any of these sins? Whats the point? Im happy the way I am and I dont need to do anything else.

Im not like some psycho person whom think that ooh! If I create a religion, I get to be the leader and I will brain wash people to join me and be my followers. I mean for what? I have better things to do with my life than to come out with some silly religion. . .  undecided

Even if I mix the religion up, so what? Its for my won good anyways and I see a huge benefit. I have many friends from different kinds of religion and its doing me a great huge favour. Malaysia is a Muslim country and Muslims gets discounted rates and gets to have alot of priviledges. When I wanted to buy a car, I will tell my Muslim friend about it and he/she would help me get that discount. <<< Example. Just because I respect and know a little bit of knowledge about other religions, I get to make friends and socialize better. And when the chemistry is good, I get more chances in life.

But above all, Im not saying that I get to know religion to make use on people. I get to know other religions is to expand my knowledge on other people just like how Im expanding my knowledge on other cultures once I get to know them.

rich_john:

Religion is absolute bullcrap, dont bother yourself going rounf garby, did God create any? I dont think so! did he tell people to kill in his name? I dont think so (xtians dont think its only muslims that have kill in the name of religion, xtians have killed more the muslims wont even match what xtians have done) all religions were bourne out of fear and inquisity to explain the mystery that comes with life and a false assurance of hope in an afterlife!

Funny thing is I kinda agree to what you are saying. Infact, I think now, religion is only well suited when you want to meet people and socialize  and share your hobbies.
Re: My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept by benodic: 1:39am On Apr 17, 2010
@gabry

reading your posts gladdens my heart and makes my day.

i want you to know that i am 100% behind you.

if more christians were like you, the world would have been a much better place to live.

i want to encourage you to continue being tolerant to all people despite their religious affiliations for that is the beginning of love101 which is the course that God our father sent us down here to learn.

do not mind all the narrow minded people who try to discourage. you will find that at the end of the road that you did not miss your way at all.
Re: My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept by jagunlabi(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2010
^^^ Seconded. smiley
Re: My Religious Views - Not Many Can Accept by Gabry(f): 11:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
benodic:

@gabry

reading your posts gladdens my heart and makes my day.

i want you to know that i am 100% behind you.

if more christians were like you, the world would have been a much better place to live.

i want to encourage you to continue being tolerant to all people despite their religious affiliations for that is the beginning of love101 which is the course that God our father sent us down here to learn.

do not mind all the narrow minded people who try to discourage. you will find that at the end of the road that you did not miss your way at all.

jagunlabi:

^^^ Seconded. smiley

Thanks Guys, Finally some people understoof wher Im coming from. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris / Pagan 9ja Here Is The Source Of Your Wood And Stone Gods / IN Memory Of Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa . 20 Years In Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.