Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. (10119 Views)

See Photo Of Amazing Siblings Who All Married To Mr A(how Cute) / 10 Strange Things All Men Have Done At Least Once / I'm Sex Starve,but I Don't Want To Cheat On Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by ayettymama(f): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2010
OAM4J:

Another faulty generalization.

excuse you??

so the generalization that all men cheat is now faultless??

if a woman came up to you and said all women cheat- what would common sense dictate to you??

that she cheats?? unless its tru that common sense isnt that common

what sense does it make of a faithful man to claim that all men cheat?? abeg

no wonder aids is soo predominant in nigeria- with this method of thinking kmt
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by koolkamzzy(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2010
This is a serious issued that needs to be addressed, but my perspective i think this issue can never and i repeat can never be address, because this is what has been in existence,
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Wush: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
For whatever reason a man (or woman) should cheat, they SHOULD NOT MARRY then but rather remain single to frolick and not give their spouse heartache for no reason.It simply is NOT FAIR. Nuff said.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2010
ayettymama:

excuse you??

if a woman came up to you and said all women cheat- what would common sense dictate to you??

n[b]o wonder aids is soo predominant in nigeria[/b]- with this method of thinking kmt

Another faulty generalization

i mean no contempt
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2010
Enjoying the discourse, though I'm gaining more knowledge.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by ayettymama(f): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
Ranks007:

Another faulty generalization

i mean no contempt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_Nigeria

I assume u can read?
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Oba234: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
illusion2:

How do you know? please don't make assumptions. Cheating no de show for face !

Some men are SERIAL cheats & do so ever so often. . . .others only do it when the opportunity presents itself.

So you cannot say of a certainty that your dad never cheated.

Most married women would never believe their cheating husbands are having affairs,by its very nature ,adultery is meant to be secretive wink

everytime I say that, why does somebody always ask that question? is it that hard to believe that a man can be faithful for almost 25yrs. Trust me, I know my father. He is a man of his word. please don't compare my lovely father to useless men out there that allow temporary pleasure to ruin their life. I know he has never cheated. blah, blah, adultery is meant to be secretive, but many still find out about it. Men are not that good at lying as you are making them to be. Most women can tell when their husbands are cheating, they just ignore the feeling. My mother has no reason to be suspicious. He come home on time. My mother is his best friend and only friend. The only other person close to him is his brother.
Abeg, just because your father has cheated, doesn't meant mine has o and you have to be suspicious of every man.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Oba234: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
rman:

If your man has not cheated on you or he has not been caught, you are indeed lucky.

This issue realy is beyond us( humans) and I strongly believe it has come to stay. Our great grand parents asked the same question and the next generation will also continue to wonder why.

I am not in support of cheating but as I grow older and begin to face and accept reality I wonder why:

1. We have more women than men in the world?
2. We preach monogamy but ladies willingly follow married men that care for them?
3. Naturaly God made men visually stimulated and women emotionally stimulated?
4. Men want intimacy more often than women under normall situation?
5. What we call cheating or multiple partners is common in all animals but only man try to balance things up through monogamy?
6. Men remain sexually active throughout his liftime but ladies crave for intimacy deteriorate seriously with age?
7. Men can have intimacy with no emotions at all attached?

We can ask a thousand and one question but the ans is starring us right in the face.

Naturally, I seriously feel man is not made to stay with one woman. Those that did made serious uncomfortable sacrifices and on their death bed if they were ask if there is one thing they would miss in the world.

I'm sure all would say: I WISH I HAD S3X WITH MORE WOMEN.

stop generalizing. I am pretty damn sure all wouldn't say, I wish I had intimacy with more women. Thats a shallow way of thinking especially on your death bed? I willing to bet that the many of the ones that were with more than one woman regretted it on their death bed when they began remenencing on their foolish past. Women cheat also. There was a Poll conducted in the US and the result was that 40% of women cheat and 60% of men cheat and when both are working 51% of  women cheat and 49% of men cheat. Stop the biology excuse. Men are not animals that can't control their behavior. They are human beings that have senses to do whats right or wrong. They are capable of controling themselves and for people to up with your kind of reasoning, I will say it's actually insuting. If it's so natural, why do men bother getting married? Why don't they stay single and live their life having t.h.r.e.esomes and o.r.g.i.e.s
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
kemisuga:

@ Fellis - U think like a frog. angry sad tongue

Mind you this is Nairaland.
Oh do I? That means you know how frogs think, not so?
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by kemisuga(f): 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2010
@ Fellis - tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Iceugwa(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2010
The question should be do all women have to cheat instead. Its take 2 to tango . No cheatin woman no cheatin man
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by daddee: 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
Not all married men cheat.

I know a close frined who has never cheated, even as a bachelor. The funny thing however is that the wife believes he cheat! And that makes me wonder if the wife actually cheats and think the husband does the same.

The earlier we flush out the thoughts that married men always cheat, the better for the society.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Osama10(m): 1:01am On Apr 15, 2010
No they dont have to but these singles ladies just dont want no I am married for an answer.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by donpaulo(m): 8:15pm On Apr 15, 2010
cant imagine me-self cheating on me babe,

aint right!!! undecided undecided

thought of doing it severaly( for experience sakes) but couldnt just come to terms with it!
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Ndeewonu: 7:12am On Apr 16, 2010
I once confessed in NL that I cheated on my wife.

This was why I cheated [past tense]; I dont know about other men: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359397.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359397.0.html
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by carnal: 11:17am On Apr 16, 2010
It's easy to generalize i guess both male and females do same but i am one person who is so proud of my dad.He never cheated on my mum while she was alive and my dad (was 40yrs when we lost mum)never re-married even though we lost my mum when i was sixteen (am 30yrs today oo) he was forced severally infact the sistas brought a woman for him but my dad turned it down and chased everybody away .I respect my dad so much for this one reason.so if its considered that every men cheats even if i cant exonerate myself i will gladly and proudly exonerate my dad.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by ayettymama(f): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2010
^^ aww but i wonder

if ur dad neva cheated, then why did u??

dont we behave the way our parents brought us up??

Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by dayokanu(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2010
The question is "Do all married women have to cheat"?
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by carnal: 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ayettymama, so many factors today will make a man and even a woman to cheat.Our society,finance,job seekers and so many other factors including the single babes with all their dramas,ha e no easy oooo
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by ayettymama(f): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2010
im not asking why a man or a woman cheat

knowin the upbringing u had i wonder why u did it?

can u say?? were u hoin for money?? bangin the boss? raped?? why did u cheat??
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by OAM4J: 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2010
ayettymama:

excuse you??

no wonder aids is soo predominant in nigeria- with this method of thinking kmt

Some people come to hasty conclusion cos of their experience with few people

such people like the OP might conclude all men/women cheat - they are wrong to generalize but that does not necessarily mean they too cheat.

. . .I will let the seemingly insult pass.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by ayettymama(f): 12:19am On Apr 17, 2010
OAM4J:

Some people come to hasty conclusion cos of their experience with few people
such people like the OP might conclude all men/women cheat - they are wrong to generalize but that does not necessarily mean they too cheat.
. . .I will let the seemingly insult pass.

ur making absolutely no sense

i dont agree with op

if a man says all men cheat- then it means he cheats

pls a faithful man wont make such a foolish conclusion

esp when he knows he'll neva do
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by adaphik(f): 8:48am On Apr 17, 2010
@ TOPIC; Pls next u have to make a statement, DON'T GENERALIZE. I Mean don't use the word 'ALL', pls. Some ppl r exonerated frm this.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by PAPERS1(m): 9:06am On Apr 17, 2010
Why is it all you women do is complain, oti poju meyn.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Slimdale: 11:32am On Apr 18, 2010
I know of a man who is never a cheat . That is why he ends up with three women, LOL
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by illusion2: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2010
Oba234:

everytime I say that, why does somebody always ask that question? is it that hard to believe that a man can be faithful for almost 25yrs. Trust me, I know my father. He is a man of his word. please don't compare my lovely father to useless men out there that allow temporary pleasure to ruin their life. I know he has never cheated. blah, blah, adultery is meant to be secretive, but many still find out about it. Men are not that good at lying as you are making them to be. Most women can tell when their husbands are cheating, they just ignore the feeling. My mother has no reason to be suspicious. He come home on time. My mother is his best friend and only friend. The only other person close to him is his brother.
Abeg, just because your father has cheated, doesn't meant mine has o and you have to be suspicious of every man.
Haba , which one concern my father in this talk now? undecided

I'm simply telling you the bitter truth ,just the same way all of us have to sort out our salvation individually. , never,ever vouch for anyone other than your self.

The Ted Haggard story should be a lesson for everyone. wink
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Yimsfred(m): 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2010
How do you guys even always arrive at such statistics? Did you carry out a survey to ascertain the percentages you are quoting?
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by homiben(m): 2:15am On Apr 19, 2010
I tink d real questn 2 ask here is this "why wud a man cheat on his wife ". Lukin @ d environment, we live 2day. We'll discover dat d author dat said "d beautiful ones are not yet born" was actually right then. Unfortunately, beautiful ones are evrywhere 2day & who is dere 2 save d male folks, no one! Women 2day compete amongs emselves 2 seduce d male all in d name of fashion, eeh! Imagine a man can't walk on d street wit out seeing aleast 2 pretty half naked lady at every angle, 4 cryin out loud wat do u expect of him!uh!! The problem is not wit d men cheatin but wit d women, seducing even their best friends husband, can u beat that. Na only God go save us men in d hands of d ladies[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by homiben(m): 2:16am On Apr 19, 2010
I tink d real questn 2 ask here is this "why wud a man cheat on his wife ". Lukin @ d environment, we live 2day. We'll discover dat d author dat said "d beautiful ones are not yet born" was actually right then. Unfortunately, beautiful ones are evrywhere 2day & who is dere 2 save d male folks, no one! Women 2day compete amongs emselves 2 seduce d male all in d name of fashion, eeh! Imagine a man can't walk on d street wit out seeing aleast 2 pretty half naked lady at every angle, 4 cryin out loud wat do u expect of him!uh!! The problem is not wit d men cheatin but wit d women, seducing even their best friends husband, can u beat that. Na only God go save us men in d hands of d ladies[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Osama10(m): 2:18am On Apr 19, 2010
homiben:

I tink d real questn 2 ask here is this "why wud a man cheat on his wife ". Lukin @ d environment, we live 2day. We'll discover dat d author dat said "d beautiful ones are not yet born" was actually right then. Unfortunately, beautiful ones are evrywhere 2day & who is dere 2 save d male folks, no one! Women 2day compete amongs emselves 2 seduce d male all in d name of fashion, eeh! Imagine a man can't walk on d street wit out seeing aleast 2 pretty half unclothed lady at every angle, 4 cryin out loud wat do u expect of him!uh!! The problem is not wit d men cheatin but wit d women, seducing even their best friends husband, can u beat that. Na only God go save us men in d hands of d ladies[color=#006600][/color]

You've said it all.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by medjai(m): 4:21am On Apr 19, 2010
IMHO I think men are natural cheaters and that a man is cheating on you doesnt mean he doesnt love you. I think its hi time ladies understood.
Re: Do All Married Men Have To Cheat. by Rheinmetal(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2010
Really can't read through most of the posts, but I won't pass on an opportunity to offer my two cents to the time-worn "debate/battle of the sexes" My apologies then if I repeat what's been posted already .

@OP

All married men do not have to cheat, in fact some married men have not cheated/might not cheat throughout the duration of their marriage.

My two cents: Men are biologically programmed to prosecute a wholescale implementation of the natural laws of procreation, women are too, but that urge is severly tempered by their inclination to another natural law- the natural law of selection. Our forebears understood the power of that urge in a man thus permitting polygamy and making extra-marital affairs a taboo in most societies. The originators of monogamy on the other hand apparently did not. Some men practising monogamous marriages seem to resort to divorce, remarriages, and extra-marital affairs as an outlet. Now, I'm by no means condoning cheating in marriages, after all most married men cannot claim to have been staring down the barrel of a loaded gun when they took vows to "be true and faithful, forsaking all others" Still whether practising monogamous or polygamous marriages, some married men still cheat.

In my opinion therefore, the urge in most men to "sow wild oats" in accordance with nature can only be tempered by self-restarint. Not all men are gifted with equal abilities for self restraint. Those who can't apparently cheat marital vows or none.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Are A Masturbator Or You Masturbate , You Will Be Poor Forever !!! / Viral Photos of Couple's Pre-wedding Shoot Posing In Different Sex Styles / How Drinking 8 - 10 Glasses Of Water A Day Will Change Your Life (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.