Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test (23419 Views)

2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Test :::Verification of Winners:: / Apply For The 2018 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program / The 2018 Aberystwyth University International Scholarships Is On, See Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Rigel95(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
@ Odunharry and Richiez, I've checked severally the shortlisted names without seeing mine but I have received mail confirming my shortlisting for the competition. Could there be a problem somewhere? Note: I have even been sent sample of the online test which I did answer.
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by muhamadnur: 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
odunharry Richiez,

am at number 37 yet to receive a mail.
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by muhamadnur: 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
odunharry Richiez,

Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Richiez(m): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
muhamadnur:
odunharry
Richiez,

Check again(including your spam folder). If you still don't find it, follow the instructions on page 8 to send your substitute email address.
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
After we finish the exam in the real test will we see our scores immediately?

Cc. Richiez

1 Like

Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Obidikejr(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Odunharry:
Noted.
done.. thanks
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Odunharry(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
iykekelvins:
I know by God's grace, I would win.

I've not been able to get my ID card because NASU is on strike, so registration and clearance was put on a hold in my school. Is there another way to show proof of admission? Cc Richiez
Yes admission letter will work.

Cc Richiez, Xfire
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Haybayray: 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hi Odunharry and Richie, I got the mail and I've taken the sample test but my name is not on the listed ones on this thread. On the other thread, it was number 400.

I hope it won't affect my chances.
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Trinity33(m): 2:21am On Jan 22, 2018
Odunharry:
If you didn't get a mail, Please don't post your emails again. Just quote this post.
We will do something about it.

Please don't quote and provide your emails. We have your emails already so we know how to go about it.

Posting your emails will lead to disqualification.

dint get the email, hope I will get that of the main test, tnks
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Richiez(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2018
Trinity33:

dint get the email, hope I will get that of the main test, tnks

we've already addressed this problem ...check page 8...Follow the instructions to send your email

It appears we don't have your email in our database. We don't want you missing out for what isn't entirely your fault.
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Trinity33(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Richiez:

we've already addressed this problem ...check page 8...Follow the instructions to send your email

It appears we don't have your email in our database. We don't want you missing out for what isn't entirely your fault.

have sent an email to u, thanks, do i have a chance of taking d test?
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Andyoung: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
I have seen my name (391)....it's Andyoung NOT And Young
Richiez:

Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by dhayor58(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
Richiez:

still haven't gotten any email even after I sent a substitute email
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Richiez(m): 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
A mail containing the link to the test -stage 1 will be sent to all participants by 2:00 PM tomorrow. we won't be sending it today. The test will be accessible 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM tomorrow (23/01/2018).

4 Likes

Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Richiez(m): 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
dhayor58:

still haven't gotten any email even after I sent a substitute email

check properly...your spam folder too
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by VLongstrider(m): 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
OK..... Ok
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Nezy4Real(m): 7:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
Yet to see the mail for the real test... Waiting patiently anyway.
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by DrRasheed: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2018
Richiez:
Following the call for application for the second edition of the Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)

https://www.nairaland.com/4280842/annual-xfire-nairaland-undergraduate-quiz

A total of 473 candidates who applied before the deadline and met the criteria for participation has been shortlisted to partake in the online assessment .

The cash prizes / awards have been reviewed marginally upwards and will be awarded to the top 15 candidates as follows:

Winner - N100, 000

1st Runner Up - N45, 000

2nd Runner Up - N35, 000

4th and 5th best - N10, 000 each

6th to 15th best - N1, 000 recharge card vouchers / top-up each

Pass mark for test stages 1 and 2 is 60%. Therefore, awards will only be presented upon passing the minimum benchmark of 60%. If there is a tie, the candidate that completed his/her test in a shorter duration will be picked. Award winners will also be required to provide proof of their studentship (e.g. copy of student ID card) before they can claim their cash prizes.

INSTRUCTIONS
Please read the instructions carefully.

Instructions for Sample Online Test

1. Prior to the real online test, a sample online test will be sent to all candidates so that they can get familiar with online assessment platform and provide feedbacks in case they have enquiries. This will also enable candidates to determine the most suitable browser and network for them to use. (It is generally advisable to use UC Browser, Firefox or your original phone browser if you plan to make use of your phone. Opera Mini is not recommended. You can use any browser if you intend to use a laptop)

2. The sample test will be sent to candidates' email boxes on Saturday, 20th January 2018 by 12:00 noon. The title of the email will be "XFIRE SCHOLARSHIP SAMPLE ONLINE TEST". Please check your spam if you do not find it on the main inbox.

3. The email will contain link to the test which will be used to access the online assessment platform.

4. The test will NOT be graded. It's only a simulation of the real test.

5. It will consist of 10 very simple questions to be answered in 5 minutes.

6. Candidates can assess the sample test for the next 24 hours - from 2:00 PM on Saturday 20/01/2018 to 10:00 PM on Sunday 21/01/2018. Candidates can attempt the test as many times as they want during this period.

7. It is not compulsory to take the sample online test.

8. Please note that the questions in the sample test does not necessarily represent the type of questions in the real online test.

Instructions for Real Online Test

1. The real online test comes in two stages. Stage 1 of the test will be used to further screen the candidates as only those who 60% and above will be allowed to participate in stage 2. The final score to be used to determine the winners is the average of test scores of stages 1 and 2

2. Both stages will consist of 50 questions to be answered in 30 minutes. Thus, time management is paramount. (you will see a countdown timer at the top of each page)

3. Candidates will receive email containing the link to stage 1 of the test on Monday, 22/01/2018 by 5:00 PM. The title of the mail will be "Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Aptitude Test- Stage 1". The test will be available for access on Tuesday, 23rd January 2018 between 7:00 PM and 8:00PM.

4. An email containing the link to stage 2 of the test will be sent to candidates who scale through test stage 1 on Wednesday, 24/01/2018 by 5:00 PM. The title of the mail will be "Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Aptitude Test- Stage 2". The test will be available for access on Thursday, 25th January 2018 between 7:00 PM and 8:00PM.

5. On each test day, Candidates are free to log in at any time between 7:00 PM and 8:00PM to take the online test. [/b] (to clarify, this means a candidate can choose to start the test at 7:59 PM. He/she will still have 30 mins to answer 50 questions) Kindly note that candidates WILL NOT be able to take the test before 7:00 PM and after 8:00 PM.

6. Before taking your Test, make sure you are in an environment where you will not be disturbed. Your answers are saved as you submit each one, not at the end of the Test. This means you will not lose any work.

7. Avoid using the browser back button as this will not work. The Test is set to allow you to go back to Previous questions, so, use the “Previous” button which will be under your Questions

8. Stay connected to the Internet during your Test.

9. If you need to type answers, type your answers in the answer boxes under each question, not in a separate application like Microsoft Word©.

10. Candidates will only have one attempt at the real test.

11. Winners will be contacted to provide proof of studentship in the evening same day via their emails.

Shortlisted candidates can post any enquiry on this thread. Please note that this is a general aptitude test and the nature of questions will not be biased against students of any particular discipline. No other information will be revealed about the type of questions.

I and Odunharry will address all enquiries.

2018 XFIRE Scholarship Test Coordinators

Richiez, Odunharry

cc: xfire, Mayflowa

cc: Fynestboi, olawalebabs

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

cc: Seun
u didn't send the link and its 7 by now...Rershieth@gmail.com
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
yet to get the mail for level one please cc richiez
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by IamGoke(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
I'm yet to get the mail for stage 1....
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by samwise99(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
DrRasheed:

u didn't send the link and its 7 by now...Rershieth@gmail.com

sammyomal:
yet to get the mail for level one please
cc richiez

IamGoke:
I'm yet to get the mail for stage 1....

Is like una no see this!!!

#lol

Richiez:
A mail containing the link to the test -stage 1 will be sent to all participants by 2:00 PM tomorrow. we won't be sending it today. The test will be accessible 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM tomorrow (23/01/2018).
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Odunharry(m): 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
Richiez:
For those asking for the link for first stage.

As usual, please charge your device, get ready.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by RoastedCorn(m): 12:41am On Jan 23, 2018
Odunharry:
If you didn't get a mail, Please don't post your emails again. Just quote this post.
We will do something about it.

Please don't quote and provide your emails. We have your emails already so we know how to go about it.

Posting your emails will lead to disqualification.
didn't get any mail whatsoever
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by RoastedCorn(m): 4:26am On Jan 23, 2018
Richiez:

check properly...your spam folder too
seen my mail on new e-mail? adeleye4589@gmail.com
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by muhamadnur: 8:00am On Jan 23, 2018
haven't got the mail for real test number 37
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Merteenz(m): 9:43am On Jan 23, 2018
Please Richiez and Odunharry I am yet to get the mail for the real test (level 1) though I got that of the pre test on saturday
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by RoastedCorn(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2018
Merteenz:
Please Richiez and Odunharry I am yet to get the mail for the real test (level 1) though I got that of the pre test on saturday
same thing here . . you should notify us if you've gotten the new e-mail that we're asked to send
Cc: odunharry and richiez
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Jeremy123(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2018
Richiez:

how are we to log in when we are ready to visit the link
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by Merteenz(m): 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2018
RoastedCorn:
same thing here . . you should notify us if you've gotten the new e-mail that we're asked to send
Cc: odunharry and richiez
I just read the new instructions, it would probably be sent by 2pm
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by olaolutreasure(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
But the exam holds tonight? Let's be patient till 2pm
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by JamesReacher(m): 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
Countdown To 2pm.
Re: Shortlisted Candidates For The 2018 Xfire N'land Undergraduate Scholarship Test by DrIkB: 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2018
I haven't seen any email yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Kwara CAN: Hijab Use Will Expose Christian Pupils To Terrorist Attacks / Ekiti Varsity Retains Lamido Sanusi as Chancellor / Minister Orders Refund Of Post-utme Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.