Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (60213 Views)

If Your Girlfriend Had A Past Like This, Would You Still Marry Her? (Photo) / I Don't Understand This Photo, Someone Intelligent Should Explain Please. / She Is Into Runs Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
donstan18:

Rule of which thumb ma'am, how do you mean?

-You can be intelligent but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be rich but dates a poor person.
-You can be Godly but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be neat but dates someone who isn't .
-You can be ugly but dates a handsome/beautiful fellow.

Are the above listed instances not unlikely attraction?

If "Like" attracts “Like", why then do men marry women instead of their fellow gender?

To the OP, build your woman into whatever you wishes her to be, so long as you love and cherish her.

The most important thing is that she has manners, it's very necessary in a woman and important to any man.
The instances you just gave are still their likes. They don't have to necessarily be from the same social strata, same religious group, same academic level, same gender and what-not. A rich man picking a poor lady for marriage simply means the lady is his like...There's something about her that picked his interest that's beyond her social strata.

Your analysis makes me laugh. grin

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by donstan18: 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
kimbraa:
The instances you just gave are still their likes. They don't have to necessarily be from the same social strata, same religious group, same academic level, same gender and what-not. A rich man picking a poor lady for marriage simply means the lady is his like...There's something about her that picked his interest that's beyond her social strata.

Your analysis makes me laugh. grin

Then, what kind of "likes" were you scribbling about?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
donstan18:

Exactly what I described now but you don't grasp 'cause you focused on the superficial. The things you could see.

Naturally, do you think that someone who exudes intelligence will be attracted to someone whose IQ is below average? That's a dumb person?. They unconsciously don't.

By laws of nature, they're meant to repel.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by AntiNormal(m): 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
clitlicker:
im not forming Einstein o, or Elon Musk.
But my girlfriend is below average when it comes to her reasoning.
she is studying a "useless" course in school, Local Govt Studies.
She lacks strategy when she addresses life matter.
If you discuss with her for 10 minutes youll notice her flaws.

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

can marring her be meaningful considering her intellectual laziness?

How did she become your girlfriend without you noticing her subpar reasoning?
Did you not see the signs before you asked her out and whatnot, or did you not just care?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by AntiNormal(m): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
kimbraa:
Exactly what I described now but you don't grasp 'cause you focused on the superficial. The things you could see.

Naturally, do you think that someone who exudes intelligence will be attracted to someone whose IQ is below average? That's a dumb person?. They unconsciously don't.

*solemn nod
It is known...
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by donstan18: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
kimbraa:

You haven't clarified me on the kind of "Likes" you meant, I need instances on the likes you were noting about.

Or should I believe your opinion as per nature shii without proves and backup?

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
donstan18:

You haven't clarified me on the kind of "Likes" you meant, I need instances on the likes you were noting about.

Or should I believe your opinion as per nature shii without proves and backup?
I've tried the little I know but you don't grasp. Google about people attracting their likes and you'll read more elaborate results.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by MetroBaba1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
KushyKush:
Give her books to read. Make sure she reads at least two books in a month.

You'll see changes.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by donstan18: 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
kimbraa:
I've tried the little I know but you don't grasp. Google about people attracting their likes and you'll read more elaborate results.

Lol, grin
Onye Ara grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by enuk80(m): 11:32pm On Jan 20, 2018
op sorry to ask, is yourmum intelligent?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by doctore212(m): 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
Let her go, then try and saave enof money and purchase a sexdoll

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Kobicove(m): 11:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
Marrying her means you will have a wife who is good to look at but will likely contribute little or nothing to you intellectually undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by vivalavida(m): 12:07am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:
give her to me. thats how i love them...hot and dumb.
i love a gal who doesnt even know what an enzyme is.she is the one i can enjoy.im smart so i dont look for smartness.i look for a pretty face.no matter how dumb a gal is she is my type.

Ur comments make me laugh like a mad man

Ur my nairalander of the year already
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by LifeofEFCC: 12:14am On Jan 21, 2018
Chikita66:
Intelligence is one thing that attracts me to a person not cuteness, well I don't know about you.
chaiiiiiiii
50yrs time

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Lordspicy(m): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2018
local govt studies... � this one off melocal govt studies... � this one off melocal govt studies... � this one off me
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Crossbow(m): 12:41am On Jan 21, 2018
My brother, don't dump her to marry all these feminists o, u already said she is beautiful, she has manners and she is in school (useless course or not). I think you both love each other, for you to be considering marriage. Give her books to read, and good movies too. That's all you need. Forget what people are telling you, when you want to run your home, loyalty and love are the basic things you will need from ur woman, when she has opinions, give her a listening ear and praise her for being creative.. Marry the ones that type epitles on NL with arguments and insults, it is still your choice.

NB: If you feel you really need a brain as good as yours to make you and your proposed family happy, U may start your search again.

17 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ashjay001(m): 1:34am On Jan 21, 2018
olamide452:

Seconded

@kushykush, she reads, wins u over n once married, dumps readingsad

U're stuck! It has to come from within. Some, actually, prefer their ignorant state

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ademusiwa3r: 2:28am On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Dhotseal(m): 3:17am On Jan 21, 2018
Bros, please think of the future of your future kids..lol
Nigeria already has a good number of dimwits and morons, so pls don't add to the number by marring a lady who has some 'cerebral deficiencies'

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Ilekokonit: 3:18am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:
she has manners.

That's all a man needs in a wife.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 21, 2018
Ilekokonit:

Seconded or Thirded grin grin

Don't get a FEMINIST for a wife. You will regret it cry

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by clitlicker: 5:21am On Jan 21, 2018
AntiNormal:

How did she become your girlfriend without you noticing her subpar reasoning?
Did you not see the signs before you asked her out and whatnot, or did you not just care?

na pretty face i see o. now the flaws are dawning on me.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by clitlicker: 5:29am On Jan 21, 2018
Ilekokonit:

manners is not enough,

our conversations are usually shallow.

every stupid thing she reads on whatsapp she believes

i hope they dont scam of all her fortunes one day.

with her course, of which she is not coming out with a reasonable grade, it means she will have to do business as no one will employ her.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by clitlicker: 5:36am On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You can't be intellectually sound and be dating a girl that isn't. Permit me to say you attract your likes. It's a rule of thumb.
there is supposed to be a comma after say.

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ubunja(m): 6:14am On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
I'm not here to type too much grammar just to drive home a baseless point. grin What do you mean by "I'll be smart for the both of us?" isn't your spouse given a brain by nature to function with?. That I said "Likes attract" doesn't necessarily mean a guy will have to be attracted to another dude simply because they've got same body features. When it comes to relationships, we tend to get attracted to those with whom we share some common interest. Something about t person spark your interest. It may not be pronounced but that's exactly what makes one pick interest in the other. Op may think he's intellectually sound but going by that law; he must have had a few conversation with her in their wooing stage to tell her IQ level but that he was ok with what her brain could produce simply means he isn't far off her IQ level.
like you say a brain is to function with. so does someone need a phd to have a functional brain??
what do i need a high IQ GF for?? kimbraa you must understand that what women need from men is not what men need from women.you are stuck on "intelligence" just coz thats what women need in men since:intelligence=high chances of qualifying=good job=a good salary=a good lifestyle for you and your kids. but men live by a different set of expectations.guys value beauty and youth since men are after sex and children.not an educated woman. learn to listen when we tell you these things.thats why older educated women go crazy when hubby divorces her for a cute village teen with dusty feet.your intelligence is NOT an asset.get that thru you head.if you dont want its your funeral.thats why you gona go crazy when men choose dumb sex dolls over you.coz your brains were never part of the equation.dont argue with a guy about what a guy wants.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Elnino4ladies: 7:03am On Jan 21, 2018
Dhotseal:
Bros, please think of the future of your future kids..lol
Nigeria already has a good number of dimwits and morons, so pls don't add to the number by marring a lady who has some 'cerebral deficiencies'

LMAO mad man
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:

if Like must date Like then you should be a lesbian and pair pvssy with pvssy.
relationships are about complimenting each other NOT duplicating whats already there.whats the point of two intelligent people dating? to discuss photosynthesis?
i'll be smart enough for the both of us and bae will be sexy enough for the both of us.

grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by AntiNormal(m): 7:16am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

na pretty face i see o. now the flaws are dawning on me.

Ah.
Right.
Well then, do what most people on here have said, and try to catch her up with books and ish; see if you can fix some of these flaws. If that doesn't work, then maybe you should reconsider your options.
If I were you, I'd never have asked her out, pretty face not withstanding. Life is too short to be with someone who's an intellectual drag.
That's why I'm still single.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2018
Next2Bezee:

With that mediocre level of reasoning, you can't possibly possess any sort of intellect as well.
She doesn't. I don't know why but I've happened to come across that username in three threads under a few minutes and all I saw was very shallow reasoning from the person behind the keyboard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Alighoda2(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2018
hibeekay007:
The fact that you would call a particular course useless is enough for me to know your level of reasoning nd intelligence is depths below that of your girlfriend's
God bless you for this comment ,if this guy is intelligent, he will not refer to any course as useless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by itoro325(f): 8:23am On Jan 21, 2018
Nasarawaboy:

Op, as the person above me stated, get her books to read, it could work you know! As for me ooo, I can't and will never marry an ugly girl simply because she's intelligent. A dull pretty lady can be worked upon, but an ugly intelligent lady? Well..... Take her to heaven and bring her back, if she ain't pretty she ain't pretty. I just hate ugly girls. Op pity your children, give them a pretty mum they can be able to flaunt. Am not saying she should be miss Nigeria, am saying let her be presentable, let her be someone you can confidently introduce to someone.
But wetin I sabi sef
can u create a mosquito?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Veraatabeh(f): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2018
Marry her for who she is nd nt wat she have. Before dating her u accepted her flaws,mistake,past,present nd future s why complaining wen u want to marry her better still u can make her the woman u want her to be if u truly love her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Runs Mad While Trying To Accept Proposal Ring From Her Boyfriend (Video) / Man Leaks Chat After Lady He Asked Out 8 Years Ago Accepts To Date Him Yesterday / How Many Women will dare to get married If This Is Applicable Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.