Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (60229 Views)

If Your Girlfriend Had A Past Like This, Would You Still Marry Her? (Photo) / I Don't Understand This Photo, Someone Intelligent Should Explain Please. / She Is Into Runs Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by bennynaza(m): 11:55am On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You can't be intellectually sound and be dating a girl that isn't. Permit me to say you attract your likes. It's a rule of thumb.

If you base ur opinion on "rules" then you got it all wrong. The "rules" actually favour unlike poles attracting.
He can be smart but just dating her cos she is hot
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2018
I expanded my vocabulary watching movies and not just cinematic movies but documentaries on civil rights, racism, religion you name it. I read books but nothing made me learn more than doing it myself or seeing it for my self.

I even watched Agbara Nla with subtitles my point is not everyone learns the same she may seem dumb to you but the truth is we women actually play down our actual intelligence depending on the kind of Man we are with. She won’t want to outshine you or lord the fact that Shes more intelligent with you because it will make you feel threatened by her and think She’s a feminist when in fact am just a smart woman.

That’s why Barrack has Michelle because one person cannot have all it’s all about making the best of what you’ve got someone will treasure her if you can’t
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by mkoabiola: 11:58am On Jan 21, 2018
If u can call local govt studies a useless course,den I doubt d op IQ also

If all d me marry d intelligent babes,wat is d faith of not too intelligent babes
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by mecussey(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
Give her books to read. Make sure she reads at least two books in a month.

You'll see changes.

Relationships are not just about sex and saying I love you. You should be able to bring positive changes to your partner.

Bro ...somepeople dont like reading, expecially the extroverts.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Stevengerd(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
Raintaker:
Are you really serious with this or just trolling?
all i knw is Abu Zaria offer local govt studies.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by tetralogyfallot(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:

like you say a brain is to function with. so does someone need a phd to have a functional brain??
what do i need a high IQ GF for?? kimbraa you must understand that what women need from men is not what men need from women.you are stuck on "intelligence" just coz thats what women need in men since:intelligence=high chances of qualifying=good job=a good salary=a good lifestyle for you and your kids. but men live by a different set of expectations.guys value beauty and youth since men are after sex and children.not an educated woman. learn to listen when we tell you these things.thats why older educated women go crazy when hubby divorces her for a cute village teen with dusty feet.your intelligence is NOT an asset.get that thru you head.if you dont want its your funeral.thats why you gona go crazy when men choose dumb sex dolls over you.coz your brains were never part of the equation.dont argue with a guy about what a guy wants.
you made ma day. People like u are the reason i can't go away from nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by oblaak(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
dollyjoy:
I think you are right m
Both of you are dumb. That's why you are attracted to his dumb statement.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by brainhgeek(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:
im not forming Einstein o, or Elon Musk.
But my girlfriend is below average when it comes to her reasoning.
she is studying a "useless" course in school, Local Govt Studies.
She lacks strategy when she addresses life matter.
If you discuss with her for 10 minutes youll notice her flaws.

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

can marring her be meaningful considering her intellectual laziness?

The decision is still yours to make bro. No one will feel the pains for you when you put your legs in the shoes and no one else will feel the price when you get admired for the quality and beauty of it.
What exactly do you want? For me, I will advice you live with a respectful home-builder.
Intelligence could be both desirable and frustrating. If she is not as intelligent as you expect, you might often be pissed and if she is too intelligent, you might be frustrated and feel easily intimidated (if you are a phleg or melancholy).
N
Know that nobody is perfect. Marriage is about two imperfect people commiting to a perfect vow.
Above all, pray to God to help you make the best decision. It is your life and nobody else's
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Dirkcoyt: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
stilldoingokay:

local govt studies?

never head of that,

and how old is she, some times age matters OK.

and is not everybody that is interested in whatever going on in the world.

Why should any sane person not interested in what's going on in the word? Our very existence lies on this world so everyone should be aware about its happenings.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by yinkeys(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:

You'll see changes.

Relationships are not just about sex and saying I love you. You should be able to bring positive changes to your partner.
If only she's worth it, he can go ahead with this plan
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Laymanslanguage: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You can't be intellectually sound and be dating a girl that isn't. Permit me to say you attract your likes. It's a rule of thumb.
That means there’s every possibility the *OP* himself is not sound.
His moniker and calling a course ‘useless’ is more than enough indication.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by clitlicker: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
DonX001:

OP, I feel you. grin grin grin
I have been in this exact scenario, exactly as you described.
Where her only interests in this world are watching Nollywood movies, Telemundo and Zeeworld, and looking at pictures of hair, clothes and shoes on Facebook.
My decision was very clear- it was an absolute NO. I called off the relationship.

Don't listen to most of the advice on Romance section of Nairaland, most of them are kids who have seen very little of real life, and most are probably Dumbos themselves (as you can see from their comments).

Those telling you to give her books to read and improve, they do not realize that you can take a horse to the stream, but cannot force it to drink water.

If reading is not one of her interests, (and it clearly isn't from what you posted), giving her books to read is just a waste of time, as she won't read it. In my case, mentioning BOOKS or READING was just like punishment to her, like telling a child "I'll bring cane for you now".

Don't get it twisted- You CANNOT force a fully grown adult woman who has already formed her habits, to suddenly start liking books and reading and then stop being dull.
If her parents and school couldn't get her to read books, its now you that can get her to read abi, when its not exams or something? (even for exams sef they don't really read).

At worst, if she really likes you, she'll take the books and force herself to read them for some time, that's if you absolutely insist on it.
But once you get married- GBAGAM! She reverts back to her old default mode, and you have no choice but to manage her as she is then, since you've already bought the goods " for better or for worse". Or you then vex and become a divorcee with the associated stigma.

Anything you can't cope with before marriage, DON'T marry her and hope she'll change, or that you'll train her and improve her as a man- SCAM!.
That's the commonest cause of divorce currently, people marrying others and hoping they'll change.
So if they don't change, you're stuck with her.

My advice to you-
If you can't cope with her degree of dumbness, dump her ASAP and leave her for one of these Nairalanders shouting "Train her!!" to come and do the training themselves.
Its not worth it having a wife who can get scammed of your mutual fortune one day because of dumbness (yes, it has actually happened before).
Or worst still, having dumb kids who happen to have inherited their mother's genetic dumbness.

Beauty will fade in 1 or 2 decades max, dumbness can be everlasting.

chisos! its good to see that there is someone that knows what he is saying, she wont read any book. she is mentally lazy, the mental laziness is palpable, she lied about something last week and i was disturbed by the lack of effort she put to the deception.

i cant cope.
im now oblivious of all other attributes.

i cant cope!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
sexdoll:

why do you care so much how the world views your comments?

will you be so shallow to judge people just by seeing or reading how they comment on nairaland?

if your people are fools, i don't think any amount of window dressing you do will be able to prevent the foolishness in them to show.

likewise if they are wise.

okay now, you that is bothered about how people from other countries view you, lemme ask you this: how many countries have you yourself personally judged by viewing the comments made by majority of the people from that country on similar online forums?

to be frank with you, everyone is judged individually.

if you decide to judge people based on groups, you are open to get a very misleading result.

Because there is something called international reputation and it is gotten through different means.

Reputation is built over time, most people take Nigerians as fraudsters, not because of their personal encounter, but because of what they read and heard. If we keep on showcasing our stupidity to the world, that is how people will see our products and services.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ponti93(m): 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:
give her to me. thats how i love them...hot and dumb.
i love a gal who doesnt even know what an enzyme is.she is the one i can enjoy.im smart so i dont look for smartness.i look for a pretty face.no matter how dumb a gal is she is my type.
are u 4 real?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by laydoh(m): 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

chisos! its good to see that there is someone that knows what he is saying, she wont read any book. she is mentally lazy, the mental laziness is palpable, she lied about something last week and i was disturbed by the lack of effort she put to the deception.

i cant cope.
im now oblivious of all other attributes.

i cant cope!!!
lol see dis guy. i luv d mature comments v bin reading since mrn.@OP,i dnt really knw y u r complaining o,since u cant cope wit r anymor,y cnt u jst let r go instead of wasting r tym,m very sure dia z sm1 out dia wu wil cherish r so much wit dat irrelevant flaw u kept mumbling of.If u eventually mari r,u wil always rmind r f wat she dsnt v,let r go.God created us 2 complement each others weaknesses,no 1 z perfect n fingers r nt equal.i just pray she hasnt found out dat u v contempt for her cos if she v,dia z ntin in ur rltnshp anymore.i dnt knw y pple cant cherish n app wat dey v,dia r pple out dia wu r praying for wat u v.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Fawklicant: 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
All of you saying give her books to read, have you asked one vital question? Is she willing to learn? What is her disposition toward reading and learning? Some people just don't care about learning, so you'd be wasting your time trying to make them learn.
You can't force a horse to drink water.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ubunja(m): 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
ponti93:
are u 4 real?
there is a reason rich men marry dumb blondes with a pretty face.that type of woman makes you relax coz its never stressing to talk to her.her useless chatter and frivolous issues are hillarious to deal with.me love!!
i stay away from educated smart-mouthed women.i need a wife not a competitor.the smart ones i will do business with but not marry.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by uhalauju(f): 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:

You'll see changes.

u just poured my heart out. thoughtful!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DaRuud(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
May God bless that brain of yours
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Josephamstrong1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
angry men!
Yes, you just realised that she's a dumb baby. After gbenshing, ponyoring and using her for your Bio 101 practicals now is time to intelligently bring her ish to the public when you've decided on what to do with her already.
Ogbeni, this is more dumber than you think. To some people, you're just a dummy in their class. Time is what matters.
You don't love that girl. You were only attracted to her cos of her superficial traits and lust that has beclouded your brains, probably she's naive and you took advantage of that and now she no longer suit your taste.
No let uncensored thunder fire you!
Leave her because I know you would still fem la bush her.
Her man that would cherish her would definitely come.
If you want a paradise, create one bruv. No man or woman is ever perfect and complete.
With love, people engage their partners to fitness classes, extra moral classes, adult education, personal tutoring and all.
You said you're intelligence than she is... fine. Isn't that a privilege for her to upgrade? Use your resources on her. With time she'll fit in.
Tell us you don't love her and not this flimsy excuse.
Leave her and go get yourself some educated smart-mouthed girl. One that will show you that you know nada and your opinion doesn't count.
Take my advice, You need a wife bruv and not a competitor.

Modified;

There's this young girl, finished her SS3 went into bush-market business. She have this Msc boyfriend who exactly complained like you did up there. How did I know all this? She walked up to the lesson center and asked I tutor her on some basic courses she pointed out... general knowledge.
I was impressed. She was bold and deep down inside her she really want to upgrade but because of her business and the stress in school. In the process of the program, she started opening up her relationship to me and reason she engaged in this adult education. Do you know that the hope and encouragement I usually give her to study hard that she would improve with time made her to develop one funny interest in me...lol

See bro, be her personal tutor. Engage her in some academia and intellectual activities. With time and patience she'll improve. Except you don't love her.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by deavicky(m): 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

try and Bring her up. All she need is reading.and what makes u think she is not intelligent try her on something she likes, I assure u, u will be amazed.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Escobar7(m): 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

Her number, man. Am gonna bruan her up, that's ma job.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Divay22(f): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
victorakpabome:

Some type of mumuness are not teachable grin
Don't say that
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Obito555(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
Both of u shd learn how to play chess game...it will help her in logical thinking
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ladybukky(f): 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
U GO FOR LUV NOT FOR FINE FACE BCOUS THE FINE FACE WILL STIL BECOME OLD FACE SOMEDAY
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by sexdoll: 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Because there is something called international reputation and it is gotten through different means.

Reputation is built over time, most people take Nigerians as fraudsters, not because of their personal encounter, but because of what they read and heard. If we keep on showcasing our stupidity to the world, that is how people will see our products and services.

You're right about that international reputation of a thing.

But do you really think nairaland is enough brand to give us any international reputation?

Social media is social media; reality is reality.

if we are to go by your argument, then what reputation will you say twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. has given america?

Like I implied earlier, if you go about judging people by what they say or do on social media, you'll also be dealing with a misrepresentation of the true facts on ground.

It's as simple as that.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by laydoh(m): 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Fawklicant:
All of you saying give her books to read, have you asked one vital question? Is she willing to learn? What is her disposition toward reading and learning? Some people just don't care about learning, so you'd be wasting your time trying to make them learn.
You can't force a horse to drink water.
if she is nt willing 2 learn,y z she going 2 skul den.i dnt fink d guy even knws wat e wants self.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Dindondin(m): 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

break up with her. EOD

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
sexdoll:

You're right about that international reputation of a thing.

But do you really think nairaland is enough brand to give us any international reputation?

Social media is social media; reality is reality.

if we are to go by your argument, then what reputation will you say twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. has given america?

Like I implied earlier, if you go about judging people by what they say or do on social media, you'll also be dealing with a misrepresentation of the true facts on ground.

It's as simple as that.

Twitter Facebook and IG are global brands.

You can try out their forums on Reddit, Daily mail, Quora, BBC and Yahoo.

What we read and see eventually becomes part of us.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by cuteralph101(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

NO ONE IS TOO BEAUTIFUL NOT TO BE UGLY NO ONE IS TO UGLY NOT TO BE BEAUTIFUL, NO ONE IS TO DULL NOT TO BE BRILLIANT AND NO ONE IS TOO BRILLIANT NOT TO BE DULL. THE LATER SPEAKS MORE BOUT ME. LOVE HER STILL. THATS ENOUGH TO CHANGE HER TO WHAT U WANT
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Lumig: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:

You'll see changes.

... the guy bringing all those changes to the table, I wonder what the unintelligent girl is bringing to the table/relationship

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by walexbiz(m): 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:

Rule of which thumb ma'am, how do you mean?

-You can be intelligent but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be rich but dates a poor person.
-You can be Godly but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be neat but dates someone who isn't .
-You can be ugly but dates a handsome/beautiful fellow.

Are the above listed instances not unlikely attraction?

If "Like" attracts “Like", why then do men marry women instead of their fellow gender?

To the OP, build your woman into whatever you wishes her to be, so long as you love and cherish her.

The most important thing is that she has manners, it's very necessary in a woman and important to any man.

May God bless you... Such an intelligent response to ops question. If you were twitter or Instagram I will follow you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Leaks Chat After Lady He Asked Out 8 Years Ago Accepts To Date Him Yesterday / Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / "We Started Out As Flower Boy And Girl” – Man Weds Childhood Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.