Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (43247 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / What Can Make U Not Eat Your Wife's Food? / Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Me ignore food? Maka why?
I need the food more than the fight o. Na who chop bellewise dey get straight quarrel or fight.
My ex was like... what type of human being are you? If I vex serve you food, you go just finish without minding if she's eating or not. And if she refuses to serve the food, I'll walk up to the kitchen and serve myself.
Please chop o Oga, na wetin bird chop e dey carry fly. You ignore, you're doing yourself. Me I kant cos I need the whole energy and enough sleep to hit the gym in the morning.
Eat bro eat!

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by 2shure: 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
she dey fuc for outside
simple
divorce her
shes a bich
shr dey go fuc men on code
dey form single lady
u dull sha.
naija women are waste of time
abegi

5 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by MrMoney007: 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:
God knows i can't get married to any man that doesn't know how to cook and do some basic chores

Bush meat
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Maj196(m): 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hunger neva waya u now
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Boss13: 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
fhutson500:
Nlanders,

Good afternoon all, something happened of recent I thought I should make it known here. I work from home, cos my wife runs a daycare, though she's got two Nannies that work with her which means she gets to work at anytime she wants at times.

This fateful morning, I had gone to drop the kids @school and branched at the carwash to wash the car, on getting there, she called me that she needs to leave home to meet up the nanny and assist at the daycare cos the other nanny has not arrived, I said can you quickly make something for me to eat b4 u leave, she
said time has gone that she wont be able to do that, being a very understanding and considerate husband, I said she could leave, that I'll sort myself.

In fact she was so much in a rush that she had to leave our maid that follows her from home to work @ home cos the lady was still in the bathroom like she told me. It wasn't up to 10mins, maybe she forgot oo, she said there is traffic jam on the road, that it seems that fuel scarcity is looming again due to queue, asking me if that was the case, Instead of answering her question, I asked where she was going, because that wasn't the way to the daycare she claimed she was heading to. She said she wants to go and pick her internet modem she forgot @ fcmb bank. I was like, but you left due to the fact that you wanted to assist the only nanny with the kids @ daycare, how come modem is more important than that or the food I begged you to make b4 u left, she said well I just have to go there now before her modem vanishes, I said no P.

At that time, I was back home and was really hungry, am the type that makes food, but the hustle in January was hella much, the motive of having to do anything was greatly paralytic, I take care of all the bills, so I understand what am talking about, body nor be fire wood. So i called her later on to ask if she can come home to quickly make the food, work place to home is like 5 mins drive, she said she's been stuck in traffic that she would need to head back to the creche since she didn't go there at first, I was like no P.

10 mins later, I called to ask her something, she apparently was in a noisy environment, I was like, aren't u back at the daycare, she was like NO, I quickly branched at the market to buy something, in which Market wasn't even far from home, like 2 mins, at that moment, I was so angry, so I flared up, I told her 'but why are u doing this", all along the reason u left the house has not been met to the detriment of the hunger am going through now, I was like u know what don't bother, will sort myself, and she was like no P.

However, she had left her wedding band on the room table, though we both agreed that whenever she forgets her ring, she would have to come back home to pick it, so I quickly used the ring as opportunity to trick her home, I was like come and pick ur ring, u have forgotten it again, she was like no oo, she cant, I was like have u forgotten our agreement, I said just come home and pick it. 4 mins later, she bashed in, started yelling, I am sure its because of trust u have enforced me to come home and pick the ring, blah blah blah, at the worms in my stomach were doing takwando training at the moment, I just kept quiet, she tried to abusively hold my head acting like she wanted to pet me, I withdrew, next thing, she just hissed and left, saying I am not even picking the ring, you can do your worse. From that day, I have decided not to eat her food, 2nd reason I am posting this is regarding this thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1307880/not-eating-wife-food-punishment

Is my situation legitimate enough to deny her food? Cos it seems a lot of people are against refusal of wifey food no matter the situation, but i feel the situation here is different. Plus she has been remorseless about the situation, and 7 years already into this union, we have been battling the issue of her responsibility on food from day 1, old problem that I feel should have expired, so we can work on new probs. Brothers and sisters, your 10kobo is needed.

You are just a spoilt big baby. Though I like you guys policy of returning home to pick forgotten ring. Please sort your differences with your wife. This is not an issue

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by luminouz(m): 11:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:
God knows i can't get married to any man that doesn't know how to cook and do some basic chores

I can't cook!
So ur stuck with me!
Lemme see where u dey run go!

Will u come here n make pounded yam for me.. Lazy woman?

2 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ayo4251(m): 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

undecided
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by correctguy101(m): 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
jmoore:
Grow up!

A man that nags, what the fu**!

They're much. OP was still thinking his actions are justified.... $mh

I'm just too glad no one here supported him. How can a man act in such a way in a marriage? undecided
The woman even had to tell him she knows he lacks trust in her and he didn't even fear for his marriage.

She was trying to pet him again and he was forming anger. I don't blame the commenters who wanted to know his age. His actions are just too childish and he doesn't even recognize what "I know you don't trust me" meant coming from a supposed partner.

OP, you get mind, mumu mind albeit angry

6 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
fhutson500:
Nlanders,
Brothers and sisters, your 10kobo is needed.

I think you're not matured enough to be in a marriage. Insecurity is eating you up.

Why the fuss about food? Breakfast for that matter! Bread n egg, bread and tea, rice, noodles/pasta... Abu you wan chop pounded yam?

You're absolutely wrong with your actions and reactions.

Better goan apologize before another man and stop being childish

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by veave(f): 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
What a nag.

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Marshalxv(m): 11:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
You will come back begging for my food.

That's if he doesn't end up in the arms of another lady who gives him more food than he can consume.

4 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by bigtt76(f): 11:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
I see a woman running her mouth her undecided

I see husband feeling too big to make breakfast

I see a potentially cheating housewife

I see a husband who probably doesn't give the wife a good night f@ck grin

I see a man using food as a weapon.... Doesn't work again

I see a potential divorce case.... God help you @OP

6 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by samuelchimmy(m): 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
I think your calls were becoming annoying, or are you suspecting her, be the man, and watch her closely before running into conclusions, yes you have the right to ignore her food, but if she's not the understanding time (if she's the understanding type she will pet you and explain things to youg, my dear you better settle with her asap and then begin to watching her character, because ignoring the food of a most ununderstanding woman is like pouring water on stone

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ejadike(m): 11:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gentle034:
Bros, to be honest enh, the fault is yours, you already decided that you would sort yourself out, if you already know how to cook oga cook for yourself when your wifey can't do that. Indomie even though I hate am no pass 5 mins to prepare, rice nkor, what of beans? Haba manchi? You and your madam no suppose qwata on top food, even if u no sabi cook, jejely carry food flask go buy food.
Just go and Start eating her food or you kukumah leave house for her, now the ball dey your hand if u like dance Shaku-Shaku ontop.
Bro, i swear I reel your yarnings. I like how you take answer the matter, very matured response without being rude.

2 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by ndubueze92(m): 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
You will come back begging for my food.
Your money ni abi
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
fhutson500:

How were you raised?

Were you told growing up that it is okay to behave like an ass over trivial issues?

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by jaxxy(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I thought the Op said he could cook.This is childish you think you are punishing her it is yourself you are doing.You are suspecting her of cheating it also means you are a suspect.I agree with Mhizz AJ I can't marry a man who is not domestic to assist himself or the family.

Nobody has said a befitting punishment for this erring wife since he must eat her food like its by force angry
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
jaxxy:

Nobody has said a befitting punishment for this erring wife since he must eat her food like its by force angry
If he likes let him starve.
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by grandstar(m): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2018
fhutson500:
Nlanders,

Good afternoon all, something happened of recent I thought I should make it known here. I work from home, cos my wife runs a daycare, though she's got two Nannies that work with her which means she gets to work at anytime she wants at times.

This fateful morning, I had gone to drop the kids @school and branched at the carwash to wash the car, on getting there, she called me that she needs to leave home to meet up the nanny and assist at the daycare cos the other nanny has not arrived, I said can you quickly make something for me to eat b4 u leave, she
said time has gone that she wont be able to do that, being a very understanding and considerate husband, I said she could leave, that I'll sort myself.

In fact she was so much in a rush that she had to leave our maid that follows her from home to work @ home cos the lady was still in the bathroom like she told me. It wasn't up to 10mins, maybe she forgot oo, she said there is traffic jam on the road, that it seems that fuel scarcity is looming again due to queue, asking me if that was the case, Instead of answering her question, I asked where she was going, because that wasn't the way to the daycare she claimed she was heading to. She said she wants to go and pick her internet modem she forgot @ fcmb bank. I was like, but you left due to the fact that you wanted to assist the only nanny with the kids @ daycare, how come modem is more important than that or the food I begged you to make b4 u left, she said well I just have to go there now before her modem vanishes, I said no P.

At that time, I was back home and was really hungry, am the type that makes food, but the hustle in January was hella much, the motive of having to do anything was greatly paralytic, I take care of all the bills, so I understand what am talking about, body nor be fire wood. So i called her later on to ask if she can come home to quickly make the food, work place to home is like 5 mins drive, she said she's been stuck in traffic that she would need to head back to the creche since she didn't go there at first, I was like no P.

10 mins later, I called to ask her something, she apparently was in a noisy environment, I was like, aren't u back at the daycare, she was like NO, I quickly branched at the market to buy something, in which Market wasn't even far from home, like 2 mins, at that moment, I was so angry, so I flared up, I told her 'but why are u doing this", all along the reason u left the house has not been met to the detriment of the hunger am going through now, I was like u know what don't bother, will sort myself, and she was like no P.

However, she had left her wedding band on the room table, though we both agreed that whenever she forgets her ring, she would have to come back home to pick it, so I quickly used the ring as opportunity to trick her home, I was like come and pick ur ring, u have forgotten it again, she was like no oo, she cant, I was like have u forgotten our agreement, I said just come home and pick it. 4 mins later, she bashed in, started yelling, I am sure its because of trust u have enforced me to come home and pick the ring, blah blah blah, at the worms in my stomach were doing takwando training at the moment, I just kept quiet, she tried to abusively hold my head acting like she wanted to pet me, I withdrew, next thing, she just hissed and left, saying I am not even picking the ring, you can do your worse. From that day, I have decided not to eat her food, 2nd reason I am posting this is regarding this thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1307880/not-eating-wife-food-punishment

Is my situation legitimate enough to deny her food? Cos it seems a lot of people are against refusal of wifey food no matter the situation, but i feel the situation here is different. Plus she has been remorseless about the situation, and 7 years already into this union, we have been battling the issue of her responsibility on food from day 1, old problem that I feel should have expired, so we can work on new probs. Brothers and sisters, your 10kobo is needed.

I have a hot tempered uncle who had one policy.

And that is, no matter how hot the feud was with the wife, even if it's a second old, he would always eat his wife food. No matter the gravity of the quarrel.

Despite his temper and all, the marriage lasted.

It was his travelling to the USA and not coming back on time that ended it. The wife later remarried.

what have you learnt from this?

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by whiteprince(m): 12:02am On Jan 22, 2018
Gentle034:
Bros, to be honest enh, the fault is yours, you already decided that you would sort yourself out, if you already know how to cook oga cook for yourself when your wifey can't do that. Indomie even though I hate am no pass 5 mins to prepare, rice nkor, what of beans? Haba manchi? You and your madam no suppose qwata on top food, even if u no sabi cook, jejely carry food flask go buy food.
Just go and Start eating her food or you kukumah leave house for her, now the ball dey your hand if u like dance Shaku-Shaku ontop.
do u work in 99.5 wazobia fm?

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 22, 2018
MhizzAJ:

And God knows you better start praying earnestly for a man one who.is not a.woman beater because even if he knows how to cook it is not his duty to cook for your if he does , its just a privilege that you must not abuse.

Any act of abusing the fact he knows how to cook might eventually leave you with swollen cheeks and eyes.

So God knows
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ayiibobo(m): 12:02am On Jan 22, 2018
MhizzAJ:

see talk... undecided undecided

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 22, 2018
MhizzAJ:

And God knows you better start praying earnestly for a man who is not a woman beater because even if he knows how to cook it is not his duty to cook for you and if he does , its just a privilege that you must not abuse.

Any act of abusing the fact that he knows how to cook might eventually leave you with swollen cheeks and eyes.

Really God knows
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ayiibobo(m): 12:08am On Jan 22, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I thought the Op said he could cook.This is childish you think you are punishing her it is yourself you are doing.You are suspecting her of cheating it also means you are a suspect.I agree with Mhizz AJ I can't marry a man who is not domestic to assist himself or the family.
nairaland babes and fantasy,...keep deceiving yourself with the last line you wrote o,....
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:14am On Jan 22, 2018
Ayiibobo:
nairaland babes and fantasy,...keep deceiving yourself with the last line you wrote o,....
Like I told the other guy not every man is like you and I don't associate with men who reason like you.I am a realist and not an idealist so I don't need fantasy.I repeat I won't marry a man who is not domestic and believe me I am not going to shiloh because I have them(guys) already who have met my requirements.

6 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by chukzyfcbb: 12:15am On Jan 22, 2018
So its because of breakfast you are quarreling with your wife.
You can't buy bread outside and make tea
or even fry eggs?.

You even said she didn't go out with the nanny in your home, why didn't you instruct the nanny to fix you something to eat in the absence of your wife.

you are very immature, I don't pray my sisters end up with a man like you! Commot for here make I see road!

After dropping money for food stuffs, you still avoid food, oya go waste money for restuarant now., Nansense

4 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by bettercreature(m): 12:16am On Jan 22, 2018
Nonsense! I don’t know why she is cooking for you self.You are not matured enough to get married
You even had the gut to force her back home because of wedding ring Na wa for you oo
Real men don’t eat like glutton
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by chrisviral(m): 12:17am On Jan 22, 2018
Toxic masculinity and Traditional gender roles. Whoever said a woman must be the one cooking in every relationship.

An understanding man would offer to cook not just for himself but his wife too, offer to bring her some at the office having noticed (from the constant calls) how busy she was that morning.

Instead, you decide not to eat her food, when what got you angry was that she didn’t cook for you that morning. I don’t understand �

Pro tip: if you don’t trust your wife, dissolve the marriage, if not, be prepared to get angry at any little thing she does that doesn’t sit well with your ‘traditional entitlement of being a man’ (I hope you realize I’m being sarcastic here) smh

3 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 22, 2018
Your wife was highly insensitive in this case and sorry to hear that communicate what uspsets you and resume eating for peace sake I will stop everything I’m doing if someone I love is hungry why did she forget the ring though she may be two timing

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:19am On Jan 22, 2018
tamethem:

And God knows you better start praying earnestly for a man one who.is not a.woman beater because even if he knows how to cook it is not his duty to cook for your if he does , its just a privilege that you must not abuse.

Any act of abusing the fact he knows how to cook might eventually leave you with swollen cheeks and eyes.

So God knows
Keep that mentality to yourself If he can eat why can't he cook for everybody it is not his duty to cook story for the gods.In this time and age it is not a privilege.

3 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by chukzyfcbb: 12:20am On Jan 22, 2018
solasoulmusic:
Your wife was highly insensitive in this case and sorry to hear that communicate what uspsets you and resume eating for peace sake i will stop everything I’m doing if someone I love us hungry why did she forget the ring though she may be two timing

You are stupid but you just don't know it yet

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Wife Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Asked Her To Show Me Her Phone / My Husband Has Been Doing Me Yahoo Yahoo! / This Is The Type Of Woman Every Man Should Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.