Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' (27575 Views)

I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander) / Man Buys His Wife A Private Jet As Christmas Gift: Video / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by GIDIBANKZ(m): 6:54am On Jan 23, 2018
A proud father can't buy gifts for his daughter again...

The husband should know that the Father inlaw is rich Even before he got married to the girl.. A real husband should be happy for his wife..

He will have to deal with it for the rest of his life, the best he can do is man up and be richer than the Father inlaw, so next time, the father inlaw will have no need to buy a car for his daughter because the husband can do all that..

I have two younger sisters that I love More than life itself and nothing will stop me from buying the whole world for them Even if they are already married or not..

Family over everything...[/b]

[b]no woman on earth can take the place of my sisters.. and i mean it..

Not after everything we have been through..

modified and Note: if you are a lady reading this and will probably be my future wife tomorrow, don't be scared, my sisters are good and God fearing ladies..

U get sense
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 23, 2018
Sounds like a case of a pauper marrying up and still trying to call the shots.

4 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by GIDIBANKZ(m): 6:55am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:
So because his daughter is married to you..

The husband should know that the Father inlaw is rich Even before he got married to the girl.. A real husband should be happy for his wife..

He will have to deal with it for the rest of his life, the best he can do is man up and be richer than the Father inlaw, so next time, the father inlaw will have no need to buy a car for his daughter because the husband can do all that..

I have two younger sisters that I love More than life itself and nothing will stop me from buying the whole world for them Even if they are already married or not..

Family over everything...

no woman on earth can take the place of my sisters.. and i mean it..

modified and Note: if you are a lady reading this and will probably be my future wife tomorrow, don't be scared, my sisters are good and God fearing ladies..

I will love you as I love them..
DrinkLimca:
[b]So because his daughter is married to you..

[/b]
DrinkLimca:

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 6:55am On Jan 23, 2018
theo1477:
I may not feel disrespectfull if women are to be trusted with wealth and fame without being arrogant. But maintain a sort of dignity and respect for you from the woman, your father should carry you along. Not informing in everything that come into your house is not the best.
Thank you.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 6:56am On Jan 23, 2018
onlyme07:

Can we tag it insecurity? I don't tbink so, 'cos even in marriage,the parents are meant to stay away to avoid clash. A woman will always be a woman,a lot of ladies will capitalise on it and even go back to their dad if their is issue at home which can be seen with the high rate of divorce among the well to do in the society.

To me,the dad can buy and give to the husband and or give cash to the wife has a price tag for making him proud. Let us learn to respect marriages to avoid divorce. No matter how rich our parents are,our husband is still the head. Be proud of your husband irrespective of your background. Goodmorning this morning.
God bless, most kids dont know how far.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by spiritedtete: 6:57am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:

Be careful of this you say... When you get a wife please... This you just wrote is enough to threaten any woman. If you dont want to lose your wife... Dont tell her you will give your sisters the whole world. Bewarned!!

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by shogsman(m): 6:59am On Jan 23, 2018
You egoistic peeps,with this shit hole economy, that's a fuc*ing blessing.

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by BENARI: 6:59am On Jan 23, 2018
500NLaccounts:
Broke man mentality grin
What manner of bad belle is this? He simply doesn’t want his wife to drive a better car than him. That’s how most Nigerian men are, insecure pieces of shît. But I’m sure if they’d give him the car, he’ll accept it and even lick the father in law’s feet cheesy
He probably doesn’t even have any car of his own. I don’t know why men are sha intimidated by women who are better off than men. You only find this behavior among broke men sha cheesy A father cannot gift his precious daughter a nice car in peace again. Nawa oh cheesy

You would only understand the day you become a man.

Until then you will never understand. Sorry!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by dingbang(m): 6:59am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
dingbang e likely awoof lipsrsealed cool
e dey ur blood na
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by eyinjuege: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2018
Your wife didn't fall from the sky.
She has roots, she has people who have a vested interest in her.
Every decent father wants his children comfortable and if he can afford to make that possible, he should.
Its not a crime if the husband cannot do that, but a father doesn't need permission from his daughter's husband to buy her gifts. She's not her husband's property, she's a living being with her own thoughts and emotions. Like all gifts, she would say thank you to whoever gave her the gift.
Its same as asking if a father needs to take permission from his son's wife before gifting him a house, or a mother takes permission from her daughter-in-law before buying foodstuff and provisions to send to her son (which at the end of the day, everyone in the household will eat of,same as the car which will carry them all to the beach on saturday)

5 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:03am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
e dey ur blood na
Was that why you have to support that boy when he was calling me names on a public forum undecided
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by dingbang(m): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
What's that why you have to support that boy when he was calling me names on a public forum undecided
which boy? I don't keep tabs on what goes on in Nairaland.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by majamajic(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:

u gotta pay for this advert guy ....

haha
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
which boy? I don't keep tabs on what goes on in Nairaland.
That bia...f bushboy cool
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Kids litter this forum these days..a reasonable father in law will inform the husband of his daughter before getting her such gifts..he isn’t asking for permission, just a heads up..it is called RESPECT! Whether he likes it or not, her daughter now bears the name of another man and(in my tradition) will be buried someday in another Man’s land..If the husband wants the best for his wife (and also himself) he will definitely welcome such gifts with open hands...
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by BENARI: 7:06am On Jan 23, 2018
500NLaccounts:
Broke man mentality grin
What manner of bad belle is this? He simply doesn’t want his wife to drive a better car than him. That’s how most Nigerian men are, insecure pieces of shît. But I’m sure if they’d give him the car, he’ll accept it and even lick the father in law’s feet cheesy
He probably doesn’t even have any car of his own. I don’t know why men are sha intimidated by women who are better off than men. You only find this behavior among broke men sha cheesy A father cannot gift his precious daughter a nice car in peace again. Nawa oh cheesy

You would only understand the day you become a man.

Until then you will never understand. Sorry!

I wonder how you'll feel if your mother in law who is a renown cook occassional bring sumptuous meals to your husband without your consent.

And probably, you're not even good at cooking.

Always assume there are things you don't understand, rather than simply condemn others for the choices they make.

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 7:07am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
What honour do you want again is the one from your wife not enough.....?
There are somethings that you may not understand probably because of your age now or level of intelligence. But like i said earler, its never about the gift but coutesy demands he inform me the husband first. Its common sense.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by dingbang(m): 7:07am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
That bia...f bushboy cool
what did he say?
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 7:07am On Jan 23, 2018
nduchucks:
If the husband can afford or already owns a comparable vehicle, this should not be an issues.

If the contrary is true, the father in law may end up destroying his daughter's marriage.
Good point
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 7:08am On Jan 23, 2018
adanny01:

Imagine the tables turn. If the son in law was richer, and he buys a range rover and designer clothing for his mother-in-law and not even a call to the father in law, how do you think the father in law will feel.

No one is against the gifts, but that gift can be a source of trouble for the couple.

If i were the father in law, the love i have for my daughter is the love i will extend to her husband. Anything less breeds contempt.
Good
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Spidermon: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2018
This is not a problem as far as i am concerned.

Wether he calls me or not, he can buy his daughter whatever he wants.

Na how my wife and her papa take display orientation na hin me sef go take handle them.

A girl with her own money....very important to me abeg
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 7:10am On Jan 23, 2018
spiritedtete:

Be careful of this you say... When you get a wife please... This you just wrote is enough to threaten any woman. If you dont want to lose your wife... Dont tell her you will give your sisters the whole world. Bewarned!!
If someone want to dwell in stupidity, kindly free him. Hopefully, he will come of age and thank you later.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by CornFooPanda(m): 7:11am On Jan 23, 2018
This hot morning
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Justicealh3(m): 7:11am On Jan 23, 2018
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:12am On Jan 23, 2018
eyinjuege:
Your wife didn't fall from the sky.
She has roots, she has people who have a vested interest in her.
Every decent father wants his children comfortable and if he can afford to make that possible, he should.
Its not a crime if the husband cannot do that, but a father doesn't need permission from his daughter's husband to buy her gifts. She's not her husband's property, she's a living being with her own thoughts and emotions. Like all gifts, she would say thank you to whoever gave her the gift.
Its same as asking if a father needs to take permission from his son's wife before gifting him a house, or a mother takes permission from her daughter-in-law before buying foodstuff and provisions to send to her son (which at the end of the day, everyone in the household will eat of,same as the car which will carry them all to the beach on saturday)
If you’re a dude then you’re one of the many effeminate men watering down the society..the father in law isn’t asking for permission but a simple courtesy to the man who his daughter now bears his name! How hard can that be? He should marry his daughter naa...in My culture when a woman dies she is buried in her husband’s place and not her father’s...that signifies something, that the two have become one..
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Espada10: 7:13am On Jan 23, 2018
Bigsteveg:

Initially i didnt want to comment, but on reading your post i have to give you a thumbs up. So many immatured kids on this forum, i will never stop my FIL from buying my wife gift, but i will feel disrespected if i was not informed.
Its never about the gift, its about honour.
Thank you.
Don't mind them..as if the women commenting rubbish here will allow their husband's mother to be bringing food and foodstuffs for him anyhow....or even coming to cook for her son in his home...They will be the first to start nagging.

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by jaxxy(m): 7:16am On Jan 23, 2018
jkendy:
That's how you guys missed your blessings as a result of pride, placing yourself where your balls ain't fit in.
Poverty is truly horning for you to turn and further embrace 'him' since you're not ready to let go

So ure ready to sell ur birth right for a plate of porridge? cheesy i pity u...
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by hollywater: 7:17am On Jan 23, 2018
For me i can not stop my wife from collecting gift from her father. Call it a private jet.Your father remains your father.Marrieg shouldn't stop my wife from collecting gift from him. Don't forget that if your wife decide to divorce you today,the first place she heading to,is her father house. Or if she starts to misbehave,the first place you will think of bringing her back to,is her father house too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by eyinjuege: 7:19am On Jan 23, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

If you’re a dude then you’re one of the many effeminate men watering down the society..the father in law isn’t asking for permission but a simple courtesy to the man who his daughter now bears his name! How hard can that be? He should marry his daughter naa...in My culture when a woman dies she is buried in her husband’s place and not her father’s...that signifies something, that the two have become one..

Its not out of place for a parent to buy things for his married daughter or son. If it was a random person doing that, you can wonder why. But not a parent. Neither do they need permission from the spouse to buy a gift for their daughter/son as the case may be.
Some mothers send foodstuff to their daughters or sons regularly from the village, do they also need permission from the husband or wife to do so? Does that imply the husband cant buy foodstuff and they are starving in their household?
Its a gift, say thank you and move on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by jaychubi: 7:19am On Jan 23, 2018
Only complete idiots think like dt

My father in law is free to give my wife whatever he deems fit
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
what did he say?
So many things..... you even backed him up by telling me he has a place of his own undecided
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by lonelydora: 7:22am On Jan 23, 2018
littlewonders:

Now you're talking. But what if 'your wife' has been over-pampered with such exotic life style.

Once i am put in the know, there is no issue accepting such gift.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.