Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,514 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' (27578 Views)

I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander) / Man Buys His Wife A Private Jet As Christmas Gift: Video / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by LOVEGINO(m): 7:23am On Jan 23, 2018
If my father-in-law buy my wife a private jet, I ll divorce her.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:23am On Jan 23, 2018
Shitface:
I won't feel disrespected or insulted.
He becomes my Dad when I marry his daughter and his gift is to the family through his daughter.
As long as his daughter has sense shaa coz some women will even be the ones to disrespect you and insult you all the days of your life with that one gift and how u can't get something that worth for them.

I only date and will get married to a woman who is way above the average female both intellectually and in finance.

Successful, confident and intelligent women never get unattractive

I think the bolded is actually the fear making the man feel disrespected. And in my opinion, the father should know this and put the hubby inline. Except for a father who actually has a motive for doing that.

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by oruma19: 7:24am On Jan 23, 2018
u don olo... mumu ill u. u wan flex muscle with fada inlaw..ode. if ur wife cant collect from her fada who else should she collect from? ex boyfriends?. let sense fall on u. pple of ur type will not give to their daughters just because ur daughters are married.. shame on u
Priscy01:
What you guys think? Does it really matter?

See more of his tweets below;

http://www.torimill.com/2018/01/if-my-father-in-law-buy-my-wife-new.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:24am On Jan 23, 2018
I can't help but just laugh at this guy's stupidity. You mean by marrying a woman means she shouldn't accept gift from her father. Before you came into her life her family has been there for her. If not for her father, do you think you can marry her.
The ode guy should even say, his wife shouldn't inherit her father's property.

The problem with some men is, many are having inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:25am On Jan 23, 2018
Bigsteveg:

There are somethings that you may not understand probably because of your age now or level of intelligence. But like i said earler, its never about the gift but coutesy demands he inform me the husband first. Its common sense.
Nah bigsteveg you can't be getting honour from your wife and your FIL at the same time it's never been done that way steveg cool
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by seniormallam(m): 7:26am On Jan 23, 2018
if its on wedding day no wahala, but after the wedding I should be informed because I won't say no anyway but its a sign of respect and the right thing to do, the reporting order is well spelt out in the Bible

1 cor . 11:3
“Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:27am On Jan 23, 2018
9jayes:

You will end up marrying your sisters if care is not taken.
He might end up drinking "Dr Pepper" sef! grin
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by seniormallam(m): 7:29am On Jan 23, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
I can't help but just laugh at this guy's stupidity. You mean by marrying a woman means she shouldn't accept gift from her father. Before you came into her life her family has been there for her. If not for her father, do you think you can marry her.
The ode guy should even say, her wife shouldn't inherit her father's property.

The problem with some men, many are having inferiority complex.
if she can not respect the marriage institution is it by force to marry? be in ur fathers house and be collecting gift na, but once u choose to marry you must respect the institution, if you can not respect the institution its a choice pls stay off marriage
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:29am On Jan 23, 2018
lonelydora:
It's a mark of disrespect. Gents, if you keep allowing stuffs like this...watch as you turn to house boy for your father inlaw. Every man has a little pride to protect.
Ehen... You talked it ecsatly how dey wee understand.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Gerrard59(m): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2018
Shitface:
He becomes my Dad when I marry his daughter and his gift is to the family through his daughter.
As long as his daughter has sense shaa coz some women will even be the ones to disrespect you and insult you all the days of your life with that one gift and how u can't get something that worth for them.

I only date and will get married to a woman who is way above the average female both intellectually and in finance.

I assume you are very rich and intelligent. This is because the women you desire will not go below their level.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by tempem: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:
So because his daughter is married to you..

A proud father can't buy gifts for his daughter again...

The husband should know that the Father inlaw is rich Even before he got married to the girl.. A real husband should be happy for his wife..

He will have to deal with it for the rest of his life, the best he can do is man up and be richer than the Father inlaw, so next time, the father inlaw will have no need to buy a car for his daughter because the husband can do all that..

I have two younger sisters that I love More than life itself and nothing will stop me from buying the whole world for them Even if they are already married or not..

Family over everything...

no woman on earth can take the place of my sisters.. and i mean it..

Not after everything we have been through..

modified and Note: if you are a lady reading this and will probably be my future wife tomorrow, don't be scared, my sisters are good and God fearing ladies..

I will love you as I love them..

Even your sisters over your wife? Boss have a rethink! If you will be getting married, your number one woman is your wife, others in fact your mum follows!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2018
seniormallam:
if she can not respect the marriage institution is it by force to marry? be in ur fathers house and collecting gift na
Sorry oo... A woman married or not still has right in her father's house. The only thing I will never condone is, my wife telling the third party what is happening in our marriage.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Estellar: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2018
You will feel disrespected? A father gifting his daughter ? You get d money nai u no buy her d gift?
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:34am On Jan 23, 2018
500NLaccounts:
Broke man mentality grin
What manner of bad belle is this? He simply doesn’t want his wife to drive a better car than him. That’s how most Nigerian men are, insecure pieces of shît. But I’m sure if they’d give him the car, he’ll accept it and even lick the father in law’s feet cheesy
He probably doesn’t even have any car of his own. I don’t know why men are sha intimidated by women who are better off than men. You only find this behavior among broke men sha cheesy A father cannot gift his precious daughter a nice car in peace again. Nawa oh cheesy

Yessss!!! I was actually expecting to read the bolded! LMAO!

Now I can check another thread!!! grin
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:35am On Jan 23, 2018
jidamsel43:
now because she agrees to marry you, her father can not play fatherly role on her again. pls my future father in law please don't just buy a Range for her but add cool cash too. I know who owns a slave definitely owns slave property.
Ehn, she should goan be eating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner there nah!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:35am On Jan 23, 2018
This man is already wealthy before you got married to her daughter naaaw. He didn't sell her to you. He's your daddy and hers too. Daddy's gift to a daughter or son is limitless.
It's not a competition, whatever that comes in the family is for the family.
You lucky say you get father-in-law like this. Haa! Some no fit offer you common kola.

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by vineyardfarms: 7:36am On Jan 23, 2018
Shitface:

YOU HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEMED, SELFISH, UNAPPRECIATIVE, GREEDY, CRAFTY, CRAB, SNAILIKE ATTITUDE. IF I CANT BUY HER NO ONE ELSE. MY FRIEND GET OVER IT, GET LIFE, GET ATTITUDE. BE POSITIVE AND ADD VALUE TO YOUR LIFE.

KILL THE SPIRIT OF (I) AND EMBRACE THE SPIRIT OF WE. AND WIPE AWAY GENERATIONAL CURSE OF POVERTY FROM YOUR FAMILY. APPRECIATE YOUR INLAW, BECAUSE OF HIS DAUGHTER HE COULD MAKE AWAY FOR YOU.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by desthan(m): 7:38am On Jan 23, 2018
Dumb move from the so call Father in law..... cool
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ngwababe(f): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2018
Well can't say anything now, until I'm married and my father buys the things!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2018
jidamsel43:
now because she agrees to marry you, her father can not play fatherly role on her again. pls my future father in law please don't just buy a Range for her but add cool cash too. I know who owns a slave definitely owns slave property.

Now, this is the real Broke Man Mentality!!! You are okay with it because you think you own the bride plus the gift!!! Na when she chase you comot on top 3MB, you begin form head of the house, then she brings out the car receipt from the glove compartment, you go talk wether na 2 of una names dey inside. grin
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by chris31(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2018
Her daughter is under ur custody & it's advicable he inform u if she wants to buy expensive gifts to her daughter unless u will lose the control of the marriage
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by xcllaxix(m): 7:44am On Jan 23, 2018
Its a pity that most ladies on nairaland take on the "sex war" attitude once this kind of topic is up for discussion. They allow this to cloud their reasoning hence making them to skip deep reasoning and just type rubbish here..Now if a married man still accepts gifts like this from his mum regularly,they would be the ones screaming their heads off that he is still "mummy's boy" and needs to grow up..Now some are here using phrases like "enemy of progress" and "insecure man"?..Yet to read a comment from a lady here that has shown critical and unbiased analysis on the topic..Marriage is a partnership..You cant run a company under partnership with someone and take decisions alone without the other being aware of it..Enuff said..
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:45am On Jan 23, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad what's. bad there? Si the father in-law should watch YOU/YOUR WIFE jump from one keke maruwa to okada? kill dat proud b4 e kill u

That is what we are saying here, father is supposed to inform the hubby, not even get consent ooo, inform. A good father from a good home would gift such in the daughter's home name!

#englishwanscattermyteethsef
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:47am On Jan 23, 2018
booqee:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that..you should see him as your father too not just FIL..that way you cant feel offended.
But i think its disrespectful if the husband is not informed. Seriously people, it would be disrespectful.
Shebi your name is Booqee, like BUKKY, coined from BUKOLA?

Ehen, you are yoruba nah, and you came from a good home.

#ayamProudofYOU
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by xcllaxix(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2018
If my Father-in-law wishes to give my wife a car,he has to notify me of his intentions..She might be his daughter but she is my partner and you cant run a deal with a company without notifying the directors first..Not one director..All..
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by EddieCAD(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
OMG this is so sweet I just feel like crying embarassed it's one of the best thing someone has done for me this morning..... you're a responsible man keep it up cool

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by EddieCAD(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
OMG this is so sweet I just feel like crying embarassed it's one of the best thing someone has done for me this morning..... you're a responsible man keep it up cool

undecided

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by slurity1: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:
So because his daughter is married to you..

A proud father can't buy gifts for his daughter again...

The husband should know that the Father inlaw is rich Even before he got married to the girl.. A real husband should be happy for his wife..

He will have to deal with it for the rest of his life, the best he can do is man up and be richer than the Father inlaw, so next time, the father inlaw will have no need to buy a car for his daughter because the husband can do all that..

I have two younger sisters that I love More than life itself and nothing will stop me from buying the whole world for them Even if they are already married or not..

Family over everything...

no woman on earth can take the place of my sisters.. and i mean it..

Not after everything we have been through..

modified and Note: if you are a lady reading this and will probably be my future wife tomorrow, don't be scared, my sisters are good and God fearing ladies..

I will love you as I love them..
Are you married? if No, you can't understand the topic
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by shevon: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2018
Kai! There is nothing pride will not make some human beings do.
So, if the man also wills some of his properties to his daughter, which is transferred to her after his death, will you also feel disrespected for the man not telling you about the will?
Hia! Buy her a Range and me go throw sub onto say you must buy me even if na Cherry QQ.

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2018
Bigsteveg:

Initially i didnt want to comment, but on reading your post i have to give you a thumbs up. So many immatured kids on this forum, i will never stop my FIL from buying my wife gift, but i will feel disrespected if i was not informed.
Its never about the gift, its about honour.
Thank you.
Your Steve will still be bigging more more!!!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2018
ewizard1:

Shebi your name is Booqee, like BUKKY, coined from BUKOLA?

Ehen, you are yoruba nah, and you came from a good home.

#ayamProudofYOU
lol you're correct
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2018
onlyme07:

Can we tag it insecurity? I don't tbink so, 'cos even in marriage,the parents are meant to stay away to avoid clash. A woman will always be a woman,a lot of ladies will capitalise on it and even go back to their dad if their is issue at home which can be seen with the high rate of divorce among the well to do in the society.

To me,the dad can buy and give to the husband and or give cash to the wife has a price tag for making him proud. Let us learn to respect marriages to avoid divorce. No matter how rich our parents are,our husband is still the head. Be proud of your husband irrespective of your background. Goodmorning this morning.
#WORD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? / Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.