Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' (27574 Views)

I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander) / Man Buys His Wife A Private Jet As Christmas Gift: Video / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by BruncleZuma: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2018
Who are you?

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by lonelydora: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2018
littlewonders:
What about two years after marriage?

No matter how long. The right thing to do is call the hubby. Ordinary Phone...i almost smashed it the day my wife opened it.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by tenmariner: 6:27am On Jan 23, 2018
wetin be disrespect for dis one now...papa buy hn pikin moto..so d papa for call and say; hello my in law, I wan buy moto for my daughter o..

mtchewwwww yeye deh smell.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by theo1477(m): 6:27am On Jan 23, 2018
I may not feel disrespectfull if women are to be trusted with wealth and fame without being arrogant. But maintain a sort of dignity and respect for you from the woman, your father should carry you along. Not informing in everything that come into your house is not the best.

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by EddieCAD(m): 6:29am On Jan 23, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Lexusgs430: 6:29am On Jan 23, 2018
Just kip kwayet and enjoy the RR togeda....... Complaining, can be very detrimental.....
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 6:30am On Jan 23, 2018
booqee:
But it would be wrong if the FIL doesn't inform the guy before making the purchase
Initially i didnt want to comment, but on reading your post i have to give you a thumbs up. So many immatured kids on this forum, i will never stop my FIL from buying my wife gift, but i will feel disrespected if i was not informed.
Its never about the gift, its about honour.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by littlewonders: 6:31am On Jan 23, 2018
lonelydora:

No matter how long. The right thing to do is call the hubby. Ordinary Phone...i almost smashed it the day my wife opened it.

Now you're talking. But what if 'your wife' has been over-pampered with such exotic life style.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by onlyme07(m): 6:31am On Jan 23, 2018
booqee:
See insecurity sha!! Mtchew
Can we tag it insecurity? I don't tbink so, 'cos even in marriage,the parents are meant to stay away to avoid clash. A woman will always be a woman,a lot of ladies will capitalise on it and even go back to their dad if their is issue at home which can be seen with the high rate of divorce among the well to do in the society.

To me,the dad can buy and give to the husband and or give cash to the wife has a price tag for making him proud. Let us learn to respect marriages to avoid divorce. No matter how rich our parents are,our husband is still the head. Be proud of your husband irrespective of your background. Goodmorning this morning.

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by nichole4dtop: 6:34am On Jan 23, 2018
I think the man in question should already know he is married to a rich kid and should be happy the father-in-law bought such an expensive gift for the daughter. Remember the two of you are now ONE. The range rover is for your family but the gift has to come through one of you, what if your own father is rich enough to buy you this car, will your wife complain at all?

Just be grateful to God that you have such a wife, father-in-law, and privilege, provided your wife doesn't disrespect you.

Take good care of your wife, appreciate your father-in-law and be grateful to God. Enjoy your marriage.

3 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:34am On Jan 23, 2018
EddieCAD:

undecided
OMG this is so sweet I just feel like crying embarassed it's one of the best thing someone has done for me this morning..... you're a responsible man keep it up cool
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by darqly(m): 6:37am On Jan 23, 2018
If the husband's mother/father decides to purchase such a gift for the husband, do they have to call their "Wife" for permission too?

Herein lies the answer to the initial question. Too many insecure people with warped ideas of how their spouses and in-laws should respect them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Ellabae(f): 6:37am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:
So because his daughter is married to you..

A proud father can't buy gifts for his daughter again...

The husband should know that the Father inlaw is rich Even before he got married to the girl.. A real husband should be happy for his wife..

He will have to deal with it for the rest of his life, the best he can do is man up and be richer than the Father inlaw, so next time, the father inlaw will have no need to buy a car for his daughter because the husband can do all that..

I have two younger sisters that I love More than life itself and nothing will stop me from buying the whole world for them Even if they are already married or not..

Family over everything...

no woman on earth can take the place of my sisters.. and i mean it..

Not after everything we have been through..

modified and Note: if you are a lady reading this and will probably be my future wife tomorrow, don't be scared, my sisters are good and God fearing ladies..

I will love you as I love them..
Wow I just found my crush on Nairaland
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by adanny01(m): 6:37am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:

The husband should know that the Father inlaw is rich Even before he got married to the girl.. A real husband should be happy for his wife..

He will have to deal with it for the rest of his life, the best he can do is man up and be richer than the Father inlaw, so next time, the father inlaw will have no need to buy a car for his daughter because the husband can do all that..

I have two younger sisters that I love More than life itself and nothing will stop me from buying the whole world for them Even if they are already married or not..

modified and Note: if you are a lady reading this and will probably be my future wife tomorrow, don't be scared, my sisters are good and God fearing ladies..

Imagine the tables turn. If the son in law was richer, and he buys a range rover and designer clothing for his mother-in-law and not even a call to the father in law, how do you think the father in law will feel.

No one is against the gifts, but that gift can be a source of trouble for the couple.

If i were the father in law, the love i have for my daughter is the love i will extend to her husband. Anything less breeds contempt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by nduchucks: 6:38am On Jan 23, 2018
If the husband can afford or already owns a comparable vehicle, this should not be an issues.

If the contrary is true, the father in law may end up destroying his daughter's marriage.

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by BeijinDossier: 6:40am On Jan 23, 2018
It doesn't matter. What matters most is that you have your own money.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:40am On Jan 23, 2018
Bigsteveg:

Initially i didnt want to comment, but on reading your post i have to give you a thumbs up. So many immatured kids on this forum, i will never stop my FIL from buying my wife gift, but i will feel disrespected if i was not informed.
Its never about the gift, its about honour.
Thank you.
What honour do you want again is the one from your wife not enough.....?

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by dingbang(m): 6:41am On Jan 23, 2018
Better sef... So she don't disturb my life again
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by onstelly(f): 6:42am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:

Awww I like the part were u said your sisters are God fearing cos if not eh
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Greyman11(m): 6:42am On Jan 23, 2018
500NLaccounts:
Broke man mentality grin
What manner of bad belle is this? He simply doesn’t want his wife to drive a better car than him. That’s how most Nigerian men are, insecure pieces of shît. But I’m sure if they’d give him the car, he’ll accept it and even lick the father in law’s feet cheesy
He probably doesn’t even have any car of his own. I don’t know why men are sha intimidated by women who are better off than men. You only find this behavior among broke men sha cheesy A father cannot gift his precious daughter a nice car in peace again. Nawa oh cheesy
u simply need to read an article and understand what the guy is saying, once he is well to do and he can carter for his family needs, he has d right to a call or heads up from the father-in-law before he makes such kind of presentation to his daughter who is his wife and who he legally handed over her responsibilities to... U cannot give someone a car and then come later without his consent and change the car seats for the person, it is disrespectful and u people calling it bad belle are just to dull to see the obvious. If it was money it is a different ball game, but bro clothes and a Range Rover ?? That im father in-law go die if him just call the son-in-law and say '' son, I want to surprise ur wife (my daughter) but I don't want her to get a glimpse of what's coming, don't worry u will see what it is'' simple.. No responsible husband will then see all dose gift items after receiving such heads up and feel disrespected.

5 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:43am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
Better sef... So she don't disturb my life again
undecided
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by dingbang(m): 6:43am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
undecided
yes na... Or are you a greedy wife?
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:44am On Jan 23, 2018
Greyman11:

u simply need to read an article and understand what the guy is saying, once he is well to do and he can carter for his family needs, he has d right to a call or heads up from the father-in-law before he makes such kind of presentation to his daughter who is his wife and who he legally handed over her responsibilities to... U cannot give someone a car and then come later without his consent and change the car seats for the person, it is disrespectful and u people calling it bad belle are just to dull to see the obvious. If it was money it is a different ball game, but bro clothes and a Range Rover ?? That im father in-law go die if him just call the son-in-law and say '' son, I want to surprise ur wife (my daughter) but I don't want her to get a glimpse of what's coming, don't worry u will see what it is'' simple.. No responsible husband will then see all dose gift items after receiving such heads up and feel disrespected.
Stop spewing trash here cool

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by jaxxy(m): 6:44am On Jan 23, 2018
Shitface:
I won't feel disrespected or insulted.
He becomes my Dad when I marry his daughter and his gift is to the family through his daughter.
As long as his daughter has sense shaa coz some women will even be the ones to disrespect you and insult you all the days of your life with that one gift and how u can't get something that worth for them.

I only date and will get married to a woman who is way above the average female both intellectually and in finance.

Successful, confident and intelligent women never get unattractive

The op has his reasons for taking dat line that many guys have failed to see. If u hv ever heard of a controlling father inlaw u will understand. U act like because u married his daughter ure now his son and he will control u more than ur father sef. In such case u hv to put ur foot on the ground. Even when the daughter is respectful to u or else u turn from husband to baby. This happens alot with fathers who are well to do and connected. They will dish out orders to their daughter in ur house and because hes feeding u because of ur stupidity or lack of foresight and u can't say no to his commands.

So i will say it depends on th type of father inlaw u have and also the understanding with ur wife. Just like u want ur mum to respect ur wife. She shud also want her father to respect u. So don't go eating smtn dat will hook u in the neck later. Lol

I don't care if ure Adenuga or otedola u can't give my wife a huge gift without pre informing me. I wud feel totally disrespected and may even ask her to return it. Wifey take note!

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:44am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
yes na... Or are you a greedy wife?
dingbang e likely awoof lipsrsealed cool
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Manasp: 6:47am On Jan 23, 2018
midolian:
Arrant Nonsense!

That he's business
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by amazon14: 6:49am On Jan 23, 2018
Your father in law didn't mind his daughter marrying a poor man like you, and also he did'nt feel disrespect that she didn't choose a husband from the circle of their rich friends , and you are forming what I don't know.
What kind of ego and jealous is this?

3 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 23, 2018
Call the husband indeed.
How many MILs call the DIL before doing things for their sons?
How many men tell their wives, before doing things for their mother?

Na when woman wan enjoy, una go remember protocol.
Gerrarahere mehn!!!

5 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:

Ever wonder why only women are quoting you to have your back, i wont honour you with a comment.
When you are of age, you will know how far.
By the way, when you are married, your wife comes first and when your sisters are married, their husband becomes their number one. When they start dating, they will show you what i mean not to talk of when they are married.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Yonce(f): 6:53am On Jan 23, 2018
If the girl's father is truly an honorable man and remembers that his baby girl no longer bears his surname but her husband's, he'll be smart and mature enough to tell his son-in-law that he wants to get his daughter a car. He's not asking permission, just informing.

Doing it out of the blue wouldn't be nice.

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 6:53am On Jan 23, 2018
jaxxy:

The op has he reasons for taking dat line that many guys have failed to see. If u hv ever heard of a controlling father inlaw u will understand. U act like because u married his daughter ure now his son and u will control u more than ur father sef. In such case u hv to put ur foot on the ground. Even when the daughter is respectful to u or else u turn from husband to baby. This happens alot with fathers who are well to do and connected. They will dish out orders to their daughter in ur house and because he feeding u because of ur stupidity or lack of foresight u can't say no to his commands.

So i will say it depends on th type of father inlaw u have and also the understanding with u wife. Just like u want ur mum to respect ur wife. She shud also want her father to respect u. So don't go eating smtn dat will hook i in the neck later. Lol
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

75years old seeks divorce over sexual starvation and adultery / To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.