Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' (27577 Views)

I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander) / Man Buys His Wife A Private Jet As Christmas Gift: Video / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Seahawk: 7:55am On Jan 23, 2018
Stupid questions for stupid people
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by dingbang(m): 7:57am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
So many things..... you even backed him up by telling me he has a place of his own undecided
oh I remember now.. I only said that because you said he was staying with his parents which wasn't right. You ladies shouldn't generalize . even if you were him and someone said that about you, I would still defend you in front of the person..
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by NoToPile: 7:59am On Jan 23, 2018
AntiBrutus:
Call the husband indeed.
How many MILs call the DIL before doing things for their sons?
How many men tell their wives, before doing things for their mother?

Na when woman wan enjoy, una go remember protocol.
Gerrarahere mehn!!!

grin grin grin
This post got to me.

I was even thinking what if it's the father in law that buys the gift for his daughter inlaw will he still require his sons permission.

At least we have FILS that are rich and spoil their daughters in law with stuffs.

Silly people, proud people it's their type that feels bad when the wife is willed many properties. angry

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:01am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
oh I remember now.. I only said that because you said he was staying with his parents which wasn't right. You ladies shouldn't generalize . even if you were him and someone said that about you, I would still defend you in front of the person..
Now don't lie here he was calling me names and you never saw all the lies he said towards me instead of you to defend me....you went to defend him because he was your friend undecided
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:01am On Jan 23, 2018
darqly:
If the husband's mother/father decides to purchase such a gift for the husband, do they have to call their "Wife" for permission too?

Herein lies the answer to the initial question. Too many insecure people with warped ideas of how their spouses and in-laws should respect them.
At the bolded!!!

That's a very good reasonable question.

Now, let's say the Hubby's parents purchased such gift, they might not inform the wife! REASON - He is the HEAD of a family.

Now, on the wife's side, it can't be like that. REASON - She ain't the head of the family, she is said to be UNDER a MAN.

Except if you don't believe a wife is under her husband!!!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by dingbang(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Now don't lie here he was calling me names and you never saw all the lies he said towards me instead of you to defend me....you went to defend him because he was your friend undecided
my apoogies I didn't see the whole conversation . I only saw the one you said because you mentioned my name in your comment.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by seniormallam(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2018
ewizard1:

At the bolded!!!

Now, let's say the Hubby's parents purchased such gift, they might not inform the wife! REASON - He is the HEAD of a family.

Now, on the wife's side, it can't be like that. REASON - She ain't the head of the family, she is said to be UNDER a MAN.

1 cor . 11:3
“Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 23, 2018
ewizard1:

At the bolded!!!

Just look at the twist @ NoToPile grin grin
This head of family ehn, they have hidden under it to do grave evil.

3 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:08am On Jan 23, 2018
adanny01:

Imagine the tables turn. If the son in law was richer, and he buys a range rover and designer clothing for his mother-in-law and not even a call to the father in law, how do you think the father in law will feel.

No one is against the gifts, but that gift can be a source of trouble for the couple.

If i were the father in law, the love i have for my daughter is the love i will extend to her husband. Anything less breeds contempt.
Thank you ooo!!!

Just reading comments from all these spoiled brats and dumbs on here.

Even a father that would do such is a Dumb father, God knows I don't have such and won't end up being one.

At least, let the husband be aware, he could even include in the surprise setup to unleash the gift, this way, the husband, wife, father, mother would be happy, they can even have dinner together over it!!!

But some of you don't have sense, some said it "Broke man Mentality" You think it's all Rich men that have sense or Being rich automatically installs sense?
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:09am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
my apoogies I didn't see the whole conversation . I only saw the one you said because you mentioned my name in your comment.
Nah I didn't mention your name he did..... better get your facts right cool
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Sterope(f): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2018
grin
jkendy:
That's how you guys missed your blessings as a result of pride, placing yourself where your balls ain't fit in.
Poverty is truly horning for you to turn and further embrace 'him' since you're not ready to let go
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by sben2308(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2018
DrinkLimca:
So because his daughter is married to you..

A proud father can't buy gifts for his daughter again...

The husband should know that the Father inlaw is rich Even before he got married to the girl.. A real husband should be happy for his wife..

He will have to deal with it for the rest of his life, the best he can do is man up and be richer than the Father inlaw, so next time, the father inlaw will have no need to buy a car for his daughter because the husband can do all that..

I have two younger sisters that I love More than life itself and nothing will stop me from buying the whole world for them Even if they are already married or not..

Family over everything...

no woman on earth can take the place of my sisters.. and i mean it..

Not after everything we have been through..

modified and Note: if you are a lady reading this and will probably be my future wife tomorrow, don't be scared, my sisters are good and God fearing ladies..

I will love you as I love them..

Den I say u r not married yet cuz if u r den u understand the point he is making precisely
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:15am On Jan 23, 2018
seniormallam:
1 cor . 11:3
“Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
How did Christ get here? As in... how!

We are talking of a "Home" "Marriage" "Union" between a Man and Woman. Not Man and HolySpirit!

Oko ni olowo Ori aya... ( Husband is the richman head ontop wife...)

My Yoruba/English peeps, I get am nah?
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by 989900: 8:15am On Jan 23, 2018
Inferiority complex fall on you dude. #brokeassniggatinz

BTW, what year RR are we talking about?

Work harder and upgrade whatever the old man got her.

That's what real men do; else you should have married a lady at your financial level.

Reasoning like this is why rich people don't fxck with poor people, nor let their kids marry them.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by NoToPile: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Just look at the twist @ NoToPile grin grin
This head of family ehn, they have hidden under it to do grave evil.

Lool I saw it.

Is it not Nairaland again.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 23, 2018
Nonsense. So my father will now need permission to buy me gifts? Because you own me abi? I'm no longer his daughter? Some men are so bloody insecure, it's ridiculous.
My father again o, not a strange man. Rubbish
Ladies, stay away from men like these. They have deep rooted issues and will use you as a scape goat. Dictatorship marriage undecided

4 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:18am On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
Better sef... So she don't disturb my life again
See correct guy for here... grin

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by seniormallam(m): 8:23am On Jan 23, 2018
trustyshoess:
Nonsense. So my father will now need permission to buy me gifts? Because you own me abi? I'm no longer his daughter? Some men are so bloody insecure, it's ridiculous.
My father again o, not a strange man. Rubbish
Ladies, stay away from men like these. They have deep rooted issues and will use you as a scape goat. Dictatorship marriage undecided
yes your dad will not need to inform him if u guyz are doing Indian style, I.e your husband is living with you and your parent in that case he doesn't even have a home to head.
note: I used INFORM not PERMISSION
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Macgreat(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2018
Foolish poverty mentality somebody.

He will get offended Because he can't afford it.

As for me. I'll thank the man and ask for my own too since he has so much money to throw around.

When God bless you, enjoy it and stop complaining.

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by seniormallam(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2018
Macgreat:
Foolish poverty mentality somebody.

He will get offended Because he can't afford it.

As for me. I'll thank the man and ask for my own too since he has so much money to throw around.

When God bless you, enjoy it and stop complaining.

Nonsense
don't worry the man will soon ask you to be his business partner that will be driving him all over the whole day, I didn't say driver o

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 23, 2018
seniormallam:
yes your dad will not need to inform him if u guyz are doing Indian style, I.e your husband is living with you and your parent in that case he doesn't even have a home to head.
note: I used INFORM not PERMISSION
Doesn't have to inform the husband at all. He's still my father and doesn't need a gatekeeper before doing anything for me. I definitely will not have this problem because insecurity in men is a big turn off.

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:32am On Jan 23, 2018
hollywater:
For me i can not stop my wife from collecting gift from her father. Call it a private jet.Your father remains your father.Marrieg shouldn't stop my wife from collecting gift from him. Don't forget that if your wife decide to divorce you today,the first place she heading to,is her father house. Or if she starts to misbehave,the first place you will think of bringing her back to,is her father house too.

Correct, I get the jerk! Na the Way! E be so!!!

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Macgreat(m): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2018
seniormallam:
don't worry the man will soon ask you to be his business partner that will be driving him all over the whole day, I didn't say driver o

See mentality.

The problem with people is that when they start collecting something they throw away self respect.

Saying No become difficult.

My brother, I can say NO to someone request even after collecting 1 billion Naira.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2018
NoToPile:

grin grin grin
This post got to me.

I was even thinking what if it's the father in law that buys the gift for his daughter inlaw will he still require his sons permission notification.

At least we have FILS that are rich and spoil their daughters in law with stuffs.

Silly people, proud people it's their type that feels bad when the wife is willed many properties. angry
Sir, I think which ever way, He, the husband is to be informed!

@ the bolded, yes, that too requires informing the husband! the koko is that the Lady is now a "wife" who's hand has been given to a Man who is the "Husband" and head of the home.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Xisnin(m): 8:46am On Jan 23, 2018
lonelydora:

As a mark of respect....he should call the hubby to inform him. We are not talking of buying gifts but informing the hubby first.
Why should he do that?
If it were to be a gift from his own father to him, would his own father had inform the wife first?
This is why broke, egoistic men should marry broke jobless women.

2 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Xisnin(m): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2018
LOVEGINO:
If my father-in-law buy my wife a private jet, I ll divorce her.
and marry poverty.
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Myself2(m): 8:48am On Jan 23, 2018
If you got your game tight, you won't feel disrespected.

Scenario 1: You are loaded yourself, you buy her the range yourself and give her the loads of cash,so if her dad gives her another,oh well she will just have two,no biggies

Scenario 2: You are not that loaded to afford the range and loads of cash for your wife, so if her dad goes ahead to buy her the range and give her loads of cash,ensure you switch to G mode, press her mumu button so you will end up being the one to cruise the range and spend at least 60% of the cash.No biggies also cos you cannot come and go and kee ursef

1 Like

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2018
Macgreat:

See mentality.

The problem with people is that when they start collecting something they throw away self respect.

Saying No become difficult.

My brother, I can say NO to someone request even after collecting 1 billion Naira.

Oga na lie!!! E get where you go collect reach, shingbain, you no go talk!

Or you think the adage that "When the mouth is full, it becomes difficult to talk..." wasn't verified before approved for usage!!!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by darqly(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2018
ewizard1:

At the bolded!!!

Whenever a leader NEEDS to assert that he is the de-facto leader, then he has already lost control. The man of the house doesn't need to prove it by lording same over his household.

4 Likes

Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Bigsteveg(m): 8:54am On Jan 23, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Nah bigsteveg you can't be getting honour from your wife and your FIL at the same time it's never been done that way steveg cool
You see why I said you will never understand.
So you give honour to your dad and neglect your mum or you give honour to your mum and neglect your dad because you can't give honour to both.
I'll respect my in law as a parent and in turn they also respect me.
Respect will be earned, how will you feel, if your mother in law starts bringing in cooked food for your husband?
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by ewizard1: 8:55am On Jan 23, 2018
Xisnin:

Why should he do that?
If it were to be a gift from his own father to him, would his own father had inform the wife first?
This is why broke, egoistic men should marry broke jobless women.

Lolz @ the bolded!
Re: 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2018
Bigsteveg:

You see why u said you will never understand.
So you give honour to your dad and neglect your mum or you give honour to your mum and neglect your dad because you can't give honour to both.
I'll respect my in law as a parent and in turn they also respect me.
Respect will be earned, how will you feel, if your mother in law starts bringing in cooked food for your husband?
What in the name of the spirit will bring her to my house without my permission undecided

Steveg don't dish out what you can not give...... so if your mum wants to get something for you she will have to inform me.......? like seriously steveg it's never been done that way you can't be getting double honour at a time I hope it helps cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.