Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? (962 Views)

For Men, Can You Marry A Lady With This Ideology? / Can You Date And Marry A POS Operator...? / Where Do Girls Meet And Marry Guys Living In The US ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
I'm just curious people usually ask me 'when are you going to marry?' , and they tell my younger friend to go and marry. is there any difference?
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by lilkudos(m): 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
Like MTN when your airtime is about to finish they'll warn you to recharge but they'll still connect your call,

Buh when your airtime is finished, they'll ask you to recharge without connecting your calls at all.

I hope you get my point.

Meanwhile read about the sex doll demons >>>>

http://www.hi5ivtech.com/2017/07/read-incubus-and-succubus-sex-demons-of.html?m=1

Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
lilkudos:
Like MTN when your airtime is about to finish they'll warn you to recharge but they'll still connect your call,

Buh when your airtime is finished, they'll ask you to recharge without connecting your calls at all.

I hope you get my point.

Meanwhile read about the sex doll demons >>>>

http://www.hi5ivtech.com/2017/07/read-incubus-and-succubus-sex-demons-of.html?m=1

i can't wrap my head around this your analogy

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by lilkudos(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
crotonite:

i can't wrap my head around this your analogy

When your age is still within the "go and marry" category it means, we still understand that you are struggling to survive and build your empire. Before you settle finally. Age 25- 35.

Buh when you've grown pass this age limit 35 and above. We don't understand anymore what you are waiting for to get married. Then we ask you when are you gonna get married, cause then we are confused..

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2018
lilkudos:

When your age is still within the "go and marry" category it means, we still understand that you are struggling to survive and build your empire. Before you settle finally. Age 25- 35.

Buh when you've grown pass this age limit 35 and above. We don't understand anymore what you are waiting for to get married. Then we ask you when are you gonna get married, cause then we are confused..

Make una dey confuse o cheesy

Nigerians..!

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by LordKO(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
The difference between them is that while the former is autocratic in nature the latter is democratic in nature. In a nutshell, it's a case of impoliteness vs politeness. . . The speaker has some atom of fear (if not respect) for you, while he sees your younger friend as being inferior to him.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Pubichairs(m): 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
go and marry, means your age don the hit menopause era.

when will u marry, sounds like a bargain
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
Pubichairs:
go and marry, means your age don the hit menopause era.

when will u marry, sounds like a bargain

men the get menopause?
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
LordKO:
The difference between them is that while the former is autocratic in nature the latter is democratic in nature. In a nutshell, it's a case of impoliteness vs politeness. . . The speaker has some atom of fear (if not respect) for you, while he sees your younger friend as being inferior to him.
i will go with what you said. I am introverted and I don't flirt, maybe that's why they usually ask me politely.

i suspect that they think I'm impotent since they have never seen me with a girl before... maybe that is why they ask me politely.
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Pubichairs(m): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
crotonite:

men the get menopause?
my thought is about women
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
Pubichairs:
my thought is about women
me na man. cool
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
Go and marry is an insult.
When will you marry is a rhetoric question.
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
Chikita66:

. Nice and a straight forward answer.
Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
Chikita66:

'Go marry' sounds to me more like a command than an actual statement. This could be from your age bracket, people you've been close to enough to call them 'close-friends'. It could be termed disrespectfully insulting from a distant person (I.e, someone who isn't so close to the recipient).

Furthermore, 'when are you gonna marry?' Is pretty much clear that this is a question. Often time, this question comes off as a joke or mockery than an actual question.

More like asking a person who's within or over the age bracket for marriage that 'when are you getting married now.... .....your mates are already married with kids and you're still here'.

These are the peeps who see marriage as an accomplishment or a feat you have to achieve before you exit.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference: Go And Marry And When Will You Marry? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
iamsirmichael1:

'Go marry' sounds to me more like a command than an actual statement. This could be from your age bracket, people you've been close to enough to call them 'close-friends'. It could be termed disrespectfully insulting from a distant person (I.e, someone who isn't so close to the recipient).

Furthermore, 'when are you gonna marry?' Is pretty much clear that this is a question. Often time, this question comes off as a joke or mockery than an actual question.

More like asking a person who's within or over the age bracket for marriage that 'when are you getting married now.... .....your mates are already married with kids and you're still here'.

These are the peeps who see marriage as an accomplishment or a feat you have to achieve before you exit.

My dear that question is a rhetoric one, a friend have asked me that question, I just laughed it off cos its a very rhetoric question .

(1) (Reply)

Honestly What's The Point Of Dating. ....??? / Help My Face Is Becoming Red ! / Is It Wrong To Use A Golddigger For Ritual??... Asking For A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.