Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) (15440 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 / Purchasing A New Kia Rio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2010
But seriously, I think that Toyota thing is an over-hyped conspiracy against Japan / Toyota; more like a desperate move by a dying economy or industry to sell their failed brands by a sabotage against the world's No. 1. Thats just my own understanding of the whole thing and its very unfortunate, BUT from what I gather, its having no impact at all outside the Ford country.

i cant agree less, of course when the government was bailing out the Auto sector, i knew Toyota is in for it, did you hear about the settlement fine, outrageous!
Rule no 1 PHD (Pull Him Down) Uncle Ford,Chrysler,GM can now make sales cos toyota is down. the Government can now recover their bail out fund. America is a Funny country
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
philips,
please cut out all this conspiracy theory crap. america is an open country with an open mind. they don't need to 'pull down' any particular company in order to favor their own.

i think you should be more worried about the potential dangers in driving a car which has been identified as a safety risk than being smug thinking that nothing can happen-unless maybe you want to be among the statistics needed to prove that the ntsb was right all along!
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
I wonder how long we will continue to blame America for everything.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2010
philips,
please cut out all this conspiracy theory crap. america is an open country with an open mind. they don't need to 'pull down' any particular company in order to favor their own.

i think you should be more worried about the potential dangers in driving a car which has been identified as a safety risk than being smug thinking that nothing can happen-unless maybe you want to be among the statistics needed to prove that the ntsb was right all along!

I laugh in German, you call it a conspiracy theory huh!
let me direct you to http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/yr.html so you can educate your self more on vehicle recalls.
America made so much Ado about Toyota's recall as if IT is something new
when you go down the list, you will easily decipher that within the year under review from 1997 to 2007, Toyota remained the most sought vehicle in the US amidst all the recalls shown there now tell me y this one is different?
All the other auto makers you saw on the list how far?
Does it mean your cherished NTSB went on strike then?lol
This is just about government interest in the Auto industry, toyota should have known better

You really believed Iraq had weapons of Mass destruction? lol My 99yr old granny didn't believe, now that is what i call GOVERNMENT INTEREST!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
I wonder how long we will continue to blame America for everything.

Only the truth can set you free my friend
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
jp philips:

I laugh in German, you call it a conspiracy theory huh!
let me direct you to http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/yr.html so you can educate your self more on vehicle recalls.
America made so much Ado about Toyota's recall as if IT is something new
when you go down the list, you will easily decipher that within the year under review from 1997 to 2007, Toyota remained the most sought vehicle in the US amidst all the recalls shown there now tell me y this one is different?
All the other auto makers you saw on the list how far?
Does it mean your cherished NTSB went on strike then?lol
This is just about government interest in the Auto industry, toyota should have known better

You really believed Iraq had weapons of Mass destruction? lol My 99yr old granny didn't believe, now that is what i call GOVERNMENT INTEREST!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Let us leave that part for the political section and not worry our heads about it . . . . .
Also, regardless of what it is and was, Toyota has a problem with the recall and i think it is oly fair for people that are paying thru their nose to pay money for the rides, some are re-mortgaging their homes to buy the rides, so it is only fair to make sure that they are not death traps.
Let us leave the conspiracy stuff and make sure safety are not compromised.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2010
George_D:

philips,

@George_D
Ignorance is bliss cheesy, Its not your fault actually, its just your level.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Fhemmmy
I know you are in the car business. Please give us one complaint you have heard or overheard from anyone you know for real that has or drives one of those Toyota "Recalled" vehicles.

Im asking because I have not heard from people that bought those vehicles brand new in Nigeria having any problems with ANY of those models.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
Let us leave that part for the political section and not worry our heads about it . . . . .
Also, regardless of what it is and was, Toyota has a problem with the recall and i think it is oly fair for people that are paying thru their nose to pay money for the rides, some are re-mortgaging their homes to buy the rides, so it is only fair to make sure that they are not death traps.
Let us leave the conspiracy stuff and make sure safety are not compromised.

Conversely, i think that what is fair and worthy to note is that between 2000 to 2007 no other company has had more recalls than the American brands
Talking about saving lives and how people strive to buy those cars, you think that The Cadillac CTS, STS and the Deville brands that EXPLODE as a result of water pump issues and over heating are less perilous when juxtaposed with a brand with sticky gas pedal?
don't be fooled my dear
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
Chief_D:

@Fhemmmy
I know you are in the car business. Please give us one complaint you have heard or overheard from anyone you know for real that has or drives one of those Toyota "Recalled" vehicles.

Im asking because I have not heard from people that bought those vehicles brand new in Nigeria having any problems with ANY of those models.

In as much as it might sound funny, we have had a complaint of stuck pedals.
And that is a very dangerous issue considering the fact that it means you dont have control over the acceleration of your own car.

The problem might not be as big as they have made it, but the problem was there.
Also, we have had to make sure that all rides shipped to Nigeria made by Toyota are in good shape and fixed well after recalls, and those are going extra miles, cos the lives of our clients are very important to us

Has these problems made American rides better than Chinese, it all depends on how u look at it, Luxury, American rides are great, durability and performance, American rides are useless, but i will not wanna admit that it is all conspiracy, it is about the buyers and their safety

Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
jp philips:

Conversely, i think that what is fair and worthy to note is that between 2000 to 2007 no other company has had more recalls than the American brands
Talking about saving lives and how people strive to buy those cars, you think that The Cadillac CTS, STS and the Deville brands that EXPLODE as a result of water pump issues and over heating are less perilous when juxtaposed with a brand with sticky gas pedal?
don't be fooled my dear

This is not a matter of being fooled, it is being for real.
Have you noticed that till Toyota started making their cars in America and in Canada, they never had a problem?
That is food for thought . . . . . but let us leave the conspiracy talk alone

Now tell me what kinda car you wanna buy and let us put our resources to work for you. . . . . . Peace
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2010
Chief_D:

@George_D
Ignorance is bliss cheesy, Its not your fault actually, its just your level.

ignorance could be 'bliss' but being smug about a problem that could potentially lead to one's lose of life is to say the least, reckless.

i love toyota. as a matter of fact i've just pre-ordered a toyota car to be delivered shortly but that will not make me close my eyes to obvious flaws reported by people who have actually driven these cars. if you choose to go by the conspiracy balderdash, it's your call. but take my advice, do a thorough check of your car (if you drive any of these toyotas) just to be sure your not driving your way to no return land! cool
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is not a matter of being fooled, it is being for real.
Have you noticed that till Toyota started making their cars in America and in Canada, they never had a problem?
That is food for thought . . . . . but let us leave the conspiracy talk alone.

Now tell me what kinda car you wanna buy and let us put our resources to work for you. . . . . . Peace

yeah yeah i agree with you but on the bolded part i don't seem to understand that cos if Toyota has been selling high in the states at the same period they have recalls (WITH OTHER AUTOMAKERS) and the government looks the other way, now justify why they are humiliating toyota immediately they bailed out their Auto industries?
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
Dont even bother yourself, owners know its just a conspiracy.

Its very unfortunate that Toyota has a plant in the US, that explains how they were able to infilterate and perpetuate the whole thing. For me, it only makes the American auto industry very very cheap.

Toyota is better off shutting down its US operations and let people import. Afterall they have a car on almost every street in Nigeria and they dont own a plant here.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2010
ignorance could be 'bliss' but being smug about a problem that could potentially lead to one's lose of life is to say the least, reckless.

i love toyota. as a matter of fact i've just pre-ordered a toyota car to be delivered shortly but that will not make me close my eyes to obvious flaws reported by people who have actually driven these cars. if you choose to go by the conspiracy balderdash, it's your call. but take my advice, do a thorough check of your car (if you drive any of these toyotas) just to be sure your not driving your way to no return land! Cool

I never insinuated , suggested or Adviced buyers not to take precautions but if you understand where im coming from, we have seen worse from cars with traction issues, to cars that explode, to self igniting batteries to Transmission issues to crank failures to mention but a few.
The big question is why is America making so much noise about it when their brands have done worse?
Toyota did what is responsible and honorable to correct their mistakes and that is what i am interested in.
fixing Gas pedal aint a big deal and if God help me i can see the letter ''N'' on my transmission when my baby goes coco, the engine should Rev for all i care
Nonsense
''Toyota for life''
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2010
Its very unfortunate that Toyota has a plant in the US, that explains how they were able to infilterate and perpetuate the whole thing. For me, it only makes the American auto industry very very cheap.

@ chief

Now someone is thinking
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2010
philips,

your missing something. toyota knew about some of these problems far back as 2007 but chose to do nothing about them. how's that for a 'responsible' and 'honorable' brand?  
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2010
Chief_D:

Dont even bother yourself, owners know its just a conspiracy.

Toyota is better off shutting down its US operations and let people import. Afterall they have a car on almost every street in Nigeria and they dont own a plant here.

It is called cost analysis and they wont do such.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2010
philips,

your missing something. toyota knew about some of these problems far back as 2007 but chose to do nothing about them. how's that for a [b]'responsible' and 'honorable' [/b]brand? Huh

In terms of the Gas pedal fix i meant, talking about knowing since 2007, now, cant you see where the Gov. double standard is more glaring.
guess NTSB closed shop since 07 and just reopened after the Bail out grin grin grin
Let me ask you? what was the Gov's interest in Automobiles before 2007?
What was their percentage ownership in the favorite brands prior to 2007?

The civil courts have been settling issues like this since time immemorial but coming to paint Toyota as a total death trap is hitting below the belt.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Fhemmmy
Cost analysis has to do with getting it through and off the production line to the factory lot. Shipping is market dependent, 3rd parties in advertisement and screening for dealerships with negotiated incentives and commissions.

Fhemmmy, its called Packaging
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Fhemmmy
Cost analysis has to do with getting it through and off the production line to the factory lot. Shipping is market dependent, 3rd parties in advertisement and screening for dealerships with negotiated incentives and commissions.

Fhemmmy, its called Packaging

Not when you make your highest sales in a particular place, its more cost effective to station the plant there unless you are struggling (to capture the market), then you can decide to import, Note that they can still export from the US and Canada to other regions.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2010
jp philips:

In terms of the Gas pedal fix i meant, talking about knowing since 2007, now, cant you see where the Gov. double standard is more glaring.
guess NTSB closed shop since 07 and just reopened after the Bail out grin grin grin

The civil courts have been settling issues like this since time immemorial but coming to paint Toyota as a total death trap is hitting below the belt.

Well said Bre. Its so glaring in some quarters that its a take over or go strategy BUT the Japanese giant wants to weather it through to rubb it in their face. The thing is that US is not the largest market for anything anymore (except for cheap drugs), so smart manufacturers and service providers are moving to the East, so is Toyota before all this and even at the moment.

Whats even the use, its all credit anyways, guarranteed by what?, debt to the chinese and even japan too. BUT I like the Japanese giant's approach and attitude - its really rubbing it in their faces, people still dont see their brands - even though its on every google advert page.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
jp philips:

Not when you make your highest sales in a particular place, its more cost effective to station the plant there unless you are struggling (to capture the market), then you can decide to import, Note that they can still export from the US and Canada to other regions.

Then they should have chosen a better cultured, more stable and less desperate state like Canada
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
Well said Bre. Its so glaring in some quarters that its a take over or go strategy BUT the Japanese giant wants to weather it through to rubb it in their face. The thing is that US is not the largest market for anything anymore (except for cheap drugs), so smart manufacturers and service providers are moving to the East, so is Toyota before all this and even at the moment.

Whats even the use, its all credit anyways, guarranteed by what?, debt to the chinese and even japan too. BUT I like the Japanese giant's approach and attitude - its really rubbing it in their faces, people still dont see their brands - even though its on every google advert page.

lol

Toyota will survive
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2010
Then they should have chosen a better cultured, more stable and less desperate state like Canada

yeah they are in Canada too, but the Canadian Govt didn't bail out their Auto industry en masse grin grin grin
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Jp
And the US "Bailout" what?, helps them?
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2010
jp philips:

it pains me when seemingly learned people choose to talk like this. we are talking about a safety risk that has sent many innocent drivers to their untimely death and here we are talking of 'conspiracy'?! well, i bet those unfortunate victims will be turning in their graves right now while we sit here trivialising what sent them away before their time! angry
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by michaelala(m): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
i strongly believe that this safety issue should not be handled with kids glove, that particular incident ought to be reported to DANA motors or whoever sold the car, we need to know why no airbag was deployed. we also need to educate ourselves on the need to be sure that all this supposed safety equipments are working correctly on our new vehicles before buying them. That is why i will rather buy a good tokunbo from Europe or America than buying strip down tear rubber from Naija.
big ups to Siena for the enlightenment.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2010
my brother, you're very correct!
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by azundu1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2010
, but how can one test if the airbag in a new car is functioning and will deploy in the event of a crash before buying such car??
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2010
it pains me when seemingly learned people choose to talk like this. we are talking about a safety risk that has sent many innocent drivers to their untimely death and here we are talking of 'conspiracy'?! well, i bet those unfortunate victims will be turning in their graves right now while we sit here trivialising what sent them away before their time! Angry

it is obvious you are a true American, your Government is manipulative and one of their weapons is FEAR
The govt. shouts; here is Alqueda we are no longer safe, the average American that believes in the rule of law throws away the constitution and embrace PATRIOT ACT
The govt. shouts toyota has pedal issues; you are no longer safe and everybody goes coco,
that's why they don't joke with their Media
Americans love life so much that safety and security can never be considered even if it is hoax
The earlier you extricate yourself from the clutches of your manipulative Govt. the better for you.
Talking about people in their graves, u make me laugh, GM alone has killed more Americans than Honda,Nissan and Toyota put together,abi you wan add FORD join, dat one for don get private mortuary by now grin grin grin grin
just hold on let me show you from your Govt. database

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Upgrading From 195/65R15 To 205/65R15 Tyres On My 2004 Corolla S / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.