Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! (23495 Views)

Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by matiltomd(f): 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
My boyfriend is a rock freak and guess it has gotten to me too, i think rock lyrics get to me more than hip hop, I'm soooo in love with one right now (Switch Foot - Dare you to Move), the song's crazy!!!

sweetmadam:

I don't think theres a large enough following in Nigeria and definitely not sufficient enough to sell out a concert but hey, you never know.

Yes u right, you never can tell, The "closet" rock fans will turn out en masse, wink
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
I love rock music, can't resist the thrilling sound of the electric guitar and hard drums,
my favourite rock artists/bands are Linkin Park, Avril lavigne, and the British group Arctic monkeys,
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2010

1 Like

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
gangstaboo:

i love rock

i love rap too

i don't think they are mutually exclusive tongue

have u heard the song by the Game feat Travis barker - dope boys , one of the hottest rap /rock, I have ever listened to in my life wink
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Shaunscot(m): 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2010
Love rock too, Dont like most of the Hard Metal Bands though I love some Hard Metal tracks.
I prefer the punk rock and alternative rock.
My collection is too long to start mentioning here and I listen to whichever artist based on my mood.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by spikedcylinder: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2010
Saxywale, when did you start listening to Rock? I thought you were strictly Wasiu Ayinde Marshall? grin grin

@ topic
These days, there seems to be a thinning line between rock and pop. Sigh.
I like a lot of genres to be honest but Rock, Mettalica, Indie, Country and Electronica are top on my list.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
[size=13pt]I'm a big Rockworm. . . . . As a musician one of my best genre is ROCK/ DEATH MEATAL/ THRASH . too glad my fellow country people like rock music!!. grin

WE ROCK. . . .day n' nite. wink
[/size]
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by easimoni(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2010
U2;  any day, all day.

Matchbox 20;  wish they never broke up "Mad Season" and "More than you think you are" don't have any album fillers

Jason Mraz;  more like soft rock but the dude is soooo gifted. "The Remedy" is one of my best songs of all time. He and M.I. should get together. tongue

Nickelback;  maybe the next U2?

Nirvana; not a huge fan but when "Smells like teen spirit" gets played in black clubs, nuff respect. That's the song I play when I'm in the gym and my body is screaming to stop and I need motivation.

Robbie Williams; occasional genius

Oasis; too bad common sense and genius can't co-exist among the Gallaghers. "definitely maybe" was awesome!

Alanis Morissette; never go it. Look up "caterwauling" in the dictionary
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by spikedcylinder: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
easimoni:

Matchbox 20, wish they never broke up

I actually don't mind that they broke up. Rob Thomas is a decent solo act.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Saxywale, when did you start listening to Rock? I thought you were strictly Wasiu Ayinde Marshall? grin grin

@ topic
These days, there seems to be a thinning line between rock and pop. Sigh.
I like a lot of genres to be honest but Rock, Mettalica, Indie, Country and Electronica are top on my list.

I love Kwam 1 too although he's not a rock artist, but very soon, we will be seeing collabo of rock and fuji, grin
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by vorosmartm(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2010
Disconnect is a very good nigerian punk rock group. So many nigerians are rock music lovers but do not know its rock they are listening to. It will only be a matter of time before it becomes popular to sell a show, we have to start from somewhere. Remember 10yrs back there was no hip hop show as we have today. I want to form a band and I'm seriously looking for someone who can play the rock guitar. I doubt if that thing is even in the country.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Kx: 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pls,can someone give me the addresses of music shops in lagos?
I tried shoprite for some cool music-taylor swift ,fearless,but no luck.
any idea from u guys?
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
One of my best topics. I remember buying my first linkin park album "Hybrid Theory" at computer village otigba, many years back, I guarded it so preciously on the bus back home, lol,

Lets go.

Linkin Park: I became an addict when I heard chester bennington screaming, and mike shinodas rap on the beat, damn!

Evanescence: Amy lees voice gives me goose pimples, I just picked up the CD at some random place in Lagos, maybe 2003, when I popped in the Cd, and heard the opening lines from "Going under", I can't describe how I felt,

Cold play

Avril Lavigne

Incubus

Nickle back

30 seconds to mars

Adema

Plus one (christian)

Rammstein

Rage against the machine

Cross fade

Metallica

Bon Jovi, gooosh!

3 doors down

3 days grace,

Mehn, enough oo,

Rooftop MC's did well with "shock therapy", I thought they were foreign till I heard yoruba words on the track . grin I was impressed,

Then blink 182, and this naija group that sang "NEPA bring the light", but its like they sampled blink 182, maybe I am wrong sha, then I heard of a 9ja group called "sliced bread", lol

It would be nice to form a band, throw in some fuji music to make it more nigerian  grin

1 Like

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Shola2009(m): 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
Love rock too, Dont like most of the Hard Metal Bands though I love some Hard Metal tracks.
I prefer the punk rock and alternative rock.
My collection is too long to start mentioning here and I listen to whichever artist based on my mood.

took it right outta my mouth,
fav's are The red jumpsuit apparatus, something corporate, jack's mannequin, *sighs*, the list really is endless.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by cindy200(f): 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
Well my own story of rock is wot most ppl may call a true life story if it were in d movies and dats cos i used to HATE rock so much cos of the noisy beats and i didnt even give it(rock) a chance whenever i av 2 listen 2 radio or music.

But then i watched one tree hill and am sure most ppl av seen it. Dey play almost if not only rock songs and cos i loved one tree hill,i had 2 listen 2 d songs and dat was pretty much it 4 me.

I soooooooo love rock nw dat i cant do witout it even though i also love country,rnb,pop,rap,hiphop. Country is also my next best.
Rock is just good 4 me,it has a song to give me 4 wateva way am feeling. Rock just knows me. I love coldplay soooo much,hoobastank's "d reason", nickel back, likin park,avril lavigne,angels and airwaves,pink,goo goo dolls' iris, maroon 5,fall out boy,foo fighters,green day and d list is just endless.Am also learning to play d guitar cos i just want to be in rock.Its d best.
In Nigeria,d main artistes dat do rock are rooftop mc's and djinee somtimes but d guy pretty much sings almost all genre of music.
A concert in Nigeria wld rily be great.

@wavemaster,how can i 4get evanescence,my best is immortal.sooo gud.
yeah dose dat did d nepa bring d light song are good 2.

1 Like

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by felifeli: 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2010
Which kind rock ? Granite ? Gravel ?Marble ?

I love Onibonokuta sha  grin
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by shilling(f): 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2010
Favorites are Skillet, The Classic Crime, Children 18:3, Red.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
[size=13pt]awwwww you've gat a great taste. . . . cheesy cheesy wink[/size]

shilling:

Favorites are Skillet, The Classic Crime, Children 18:3, Red.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by MsTom(f): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2010
Never knew we were this many in Nigeria. Cool!!! smiley
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by ogbronx(m): 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
I would say rock is the best genre in music.i love it so much.It gets to me on an intellectual level.I use to say;rock groups are the contemporary philosophers using music to express stuffs.Rap,r&b,reggea etc,i could groove to but they are no where close to rock to me.Infact,as am typing this,i have the band Disturbd playing from my lappee.Rock fans are pple who see more in music than the average person.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by eros(m): 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
Just passing by. . . . .since i am not a lover of rock music. Though, i used to love Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams back in the days.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by malone5923(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2010
Its nice to see 9ja rock heads coming out from their shell. I still miss you, Blink 182!

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ehido(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hi Fellow rockers

I wanna rock die?  

I soooo looooooove this genre (soft rock, Alternative) of music it makes absolute sense, because they sing about life check the cool songs by

Nickleback: (photograph, if everyone cared, saving me, rock star, Hero)
Staind: (it's been a while, sweet zoey jane, so far away, everything changes, )
Greenday: (wake me up when september ends)
Hoobastank: ( the reason)
Puddle of mud: (Blurry)
The Corrs: (don't say you love me, runaway,
Daughtry: (home)
Coldplay: (clocks, viva la vida, the scientist, speed of sound)
3 doors down: (When I'm gone, here without you, landing in london)
Avril Lavigne: (I'm with you)
Bon Jovi: (Bed of roses, Thank you for loving me,)
Creed: (one last breadth, with arms wide open, My sacrifice)
Limp Bizkit: ( Behind Blue eyes)
Linkin Park: ( Numb, Shadow of the day, what I've done, in the end)
Maroon 5: ( she will be loved)
Natalie Embroglia: ( Torn)
Roby Williams: (Angels)
Plain White T's: (hey there delilah)
One republic: (stop and stare)
Evanescence: if you like rock look for these songs (field of innocense and anywhere) these songs are from their first album before they blew up.
The Cranberries: (Linger)
Dido:  (life for rent, see the sun, hunter, thank you, white flag).

These are just a few I can think of now.

But believe me rock relaxes the spirit.

If you love a mix of rock and pop then you will  love: Crank that Soulja Boy ( the travis baker remix), then Numb encore Jay-Z Linkin park.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ehido(m): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ wavemaster if you love evanescence go and look for the Album called Origin, their very first album before they did the second onw which had the dare devil soundtrack and my immortal in it. There you will hear the kind of voice diamond voice amy lee has. that girl sings like a spirit.

And how come I have not seen anybody mention Etcetra our very own Nigerian rock band, when it come to rock in Nigeria nobody does it better than Etcetra.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
Didnt knw we were dis much. I just love rock music. Hope dis thread lives on.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
wink wink
MsTom:

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by AjanleKoko: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
Rock Head Reporting for Duty!!!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sinistyle(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2010
didnt kno rock heads were these many in NL! Impressive.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by usbcable(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2010
i love nickelback
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Amya(f): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2010
MsTom:

yes o! We're quite much. It's just that we hide ourselves in shells unlike other music genres. Just in my school alone there are growing number of us rock fans that we decided to form a rock fan club.

Other music genre lovers are quite outspoken. Let's do so too. Let's come together and make our voice heard!

There was actually a time i thought that nl was strictly for hiphoppers. But it's MUSIC SECTION written up there. We may think we are small in numbers, but you'l be surprised at how many of us are here in nl alone, talk more of the whole naija.

We could organise rock concerts and give it the maximum publicity and i know rock fans would trod out in numbers. They are real fanatics when it comes to music. They don't dissappoint.
We could also form a band amongst ourselves,
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by richard69(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
Nikel Back rocks!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by hackney(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^^^ u r right.
i luv me some nickelback and bon jovi
u've got to luv bon jovi ,man!.

Living on a prayer , timeless!!
Rockstar , rock dude!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Rising Artists Music Listeners Should Keep A Tab On In 2021 / Soundcity MVP Awards Festival 2017 Full Nominations List / Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.