Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! (23487 Views)

Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 2:51am On Jun 01, 2010
did anyone check out the eurovision song contest?

i just did, and so far i've been quite impressed with belgium, iceland, france, belarus, greece.  didnt listen to all the entries though.

Seventh day Slumber- erm only "Caroline" really stays in my head.

great song
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by shilling(f): 6:03am On Jun 02, 2010
rume:

Seventh day Slumber- erm only "Caroline" really stays in my head.
It's been FOREVER since I heard that song . . . awesome song!!!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sevule(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2010
bumpkin:

I highly recommend Kids In The Way, Decyfer Down, Fireflight, Disciple, Spoken, Blindside, & Dead Poetic (especially their New Medicines album)
Also check out Stavesacre, Staple, Falling Up, Day of Fire, & Seventh Day Slumber.
For heavier bands similar to Demon Hunter, check out Project 86, Underoath, Becoming The Archetype, Zao, War Of Ages, & Haste The Day
Thanks Bumpkin, I would definitely check these bands out. But I have never been a big fan of Project 86 sha. Too much unmelodic screaming
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by bumpkin(m): 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
I was going through my itunes collection listing those. I like only a few Project 86 songs as well, it's just a list of bands you could sample. Underoath is awesome though. Their drummer (who was also co-lead vocals) left though and is now focused on what was his side project, called The Almost, which is also an amaaaaaaaaazing band.

Seventh Day Slumber, i'm also not too convinced beyond Caroline (awesome song) and Break Me (not bad).
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by medjai(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2010
Is anyone into this band, Ashes divIde? They have this really great song called 'The Prey'
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by triciasexy(f): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2010
I love rock music so much,but Nigeria doesn,t seem to have support for rock stars, Check out Coldflames,contradiction,djnee,clay,roof top mc's,etc,their music are so tight,
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by bumpkin(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
@medjai No I've not heard of em. Just googled them though and the guitarist is also in A Perfect Circle, a band i used to follow. Will check them out
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Azanor(m): 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
Has anyone here heard of Epica? They play Symphonic Rock Music, a cross between classical music with choirs and heavy metal. They blew me away the first time I listened to them, I googled them and from there discovered other great bands like Kamelot and Within Temptation
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by ajekpaks(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2010
Azanor:

Has anyone here heard of Epica? They play Symphonic Rock Music, a cross between classical music with choirs and heavy metal. They blew me away the first time I listened to them, I googled them and from there discovered other great bands like Kamelot and Within Temptation

I got one Replica and its cool
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by latepa(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
Men, right now i'm still feeling Sweet Dreams(are made of these) by Marilyn Manson, So Beautiful by Peter Murray and They way you are by Mackabella smiley
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by webbjamie(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2010
Has anyone here listened to LONELYDAY by[b] SYSTEM OF A DOWN[/b] great song.And i think Night wish rocks too. cool wink smiley
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by jophu: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
u'all should check out THREADSTONE, naija's live n best christian rock band,
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 25, 2011
Please don't get me started on Rock music. . .WHAT? I love R&R! cool
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by v3: 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
Korn
Evanescence
Systems of a down
Metallica
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by kioboy(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hi
     what do you guys have to say about this rising nigerian artist by name Diady? he just release his single for promo, you can listen it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr8oM0MFfzY. i think his kind of musik is diffirent from current nigeria swager kind of musik. i realy love this song.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by mane4(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2011
Guys pls pls pls I need that christian song dat has something like "omenma, ebube dike, " D title or artist will really help. Iv tried guessin all I can still can't get it online. If u do have it pleeeeeaasse kindly send to 21acf76b or mail . Mane4law@gmail.com. Thanks guys.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Amya(f): 9:24am On Aug 30, 2011
^^^Sorry guy, i really don't know any rock title with those words. Probably check out a music shop or something.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by MrResource(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
Itz okay,

Still enjoyin 2face's video-be there! cheesy
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Amya(f): 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2011
My favorite rock bands presently are

1. Demon hunter - (christian genre) favorite tracks. Collapsing, lead us home, driving nails.

2. R3d- forever, let it burn,

3. Disturbed- i'm alive, crucified, stricken.

4- breaking benjamin- had enough, so cold

5- within temptation- the howling, faster.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by MrResource(m): 5:51am On Dec 05, 2011
Amya:

My favorite rock bands presently are

1. Demon hunter - (christian genre) favorite tracks. Collapsing, lead us home, driving nails.

2. R3d- forever, let it burn,

3. Disturbed- i'm alive, crucified, stricken.

4- breaking benjamin- had enough, so cold

5- within temptation- the howling, faster.

hmmm. . . The name of that christian band. . .how about Skillet or Fireflight?

REd- i feel 'Already over' a lot.

As for Breaking Ben. . .the guy's good but they are so COLD! . . .lots of dark lyrics. .breath ,dance with the devil,i will not bow,fade away
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by chasong(m): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2011
Guys, check out XTsamurai's song called "Shine in my Light"

It is completely off the chain!!!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by triciasexy(f): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2011
Clay,threadstone and contradiction are d rockstars right now.but I love clay,she has amazing songs.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by donnadon(f): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2011
Rock is my favorite music. I like to listen: Nirvana, System of a Down etc smiley

1 Like

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 14, 2012
Give me anything by these artistes, and I'll blow you in the middle of Trafalgar sq.:
Coldplay
One Republic
Daughtry
The Fray
Bon Jovi
A Perfect Circle
Killers
Deep Purple
Maroon 5.
Really, try me.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by FOREXMART(m): 10:18am On Apr 02, 2012
Its quite unfortunate that rock as a genre has been adultrated by fake nd lazy people using electronic effects to make up for lack of skill. I am a crazy rock addict in a rehab state now. Ma best branch of rock is trash metal, metal, industrial rock, indie rock. I find alternative rock a little to weak. It has to be loud, lots of screams nd i mean lots of screams.

Favourite bands: Metallica, Nirvana, Megadeath, Static X, Jimmy hendrix, Trooper, AeroSMITH, Black Sabbath, Tommy iolo, Green day, Cranberries, AC/DC, journey, Ozzy Osbourne, breaking benjamin. Cold play(i know they aint loud buh i love what they do.

Now if u know all these people then u know am not a joker when it comes rock lol.
My all time best is Metallica and Nirvana. ;DIts quite unfortunate that rock as a genre has been adultrated by fake nd lazy people using electronic effects to make up for lack of skill. I am a crazy rock addict in a rehab state now. Ma best branch of rock is trash metal, metal, industrial rock, indie rock. I find alternative rock a little to weak. It has to be loud, lots of screams nd i mean lots of screams.

Favourite bands: Metallica, Nirvana, Megadeath, Static X, Jimmy hendrix, Trooper, AeroSMITH, Black Sabbath, Tommy iolo, Green day, Cranberries, AC/DC, journey, Ozzy Osbourne, breaking benjamin. Cold play(i know they aint loud buh i love what they do.

Now if u know all these people then u know am not a joker when it comes rock lol.
My all time best is Metallica and Nirvana.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by LastAce(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
Playing the guitar on your track does not make it a rock song... Most 9ja rock fans fail to realise that.. I'm sorry bt the closest we hv had to rock in Nigeria is still Lucid Storm"... Etcetra for me does not come close... Take all ur fav rock songs you'll find certain guitar technique r very much present.. The minor feel..,, guitar solos (not always tho),,, and I'm still racking ma brains to see which rock artitse singz wiv Forsetto... My love for rock goes beyond just hearing someone sing wiv his/her guitar.. Of all rock songs I've heard two stand out as the Perfect rock song(s) ... The guitar technique, the solos, voicing, comping and drums were all perfect..
1. Evanesence_- Bring me to Life
2. Alter Bridge_- Isolation
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by montelik(m): 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2012
My all time favorites would have to be : Nirvana, Oasis, Evanescence, Aerosmith, Audioslave.

Absolutely love Cold Play, The Fray, Snow Patrol e.t.c but they are more alternative, than ROCK rock.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by mariox1(m): 3:28am On Apr 18, 2012
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nickydrake(m): 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
Me loves rock too.
Current obsessions:

Keane >> Perfect Symmetry

My Chemical Romance >> I Don't Love You

My Chemical Romance >> Welcome to the Black Parade

The Killers >> A Dustland Fairytale

Whitely >> Head, First, Down.

Actually there's a lot more and i feel guilty that i have to stop at those, but if i don't stop now, i might never. grin
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by bigtij(m): 4:53am On Apr 21, 2012
Nickydrake: Me loves rock too.
Current obsessions:

Keane >> Perfect Symmetry

My Chemical Romance >> I Don't Love You

My Chemical Romance >> Welcome to the Black Parade

The Killers >> A Dustland Fairytale

Whitely >> Head, First, Down.

Actually there's a lot more and i feel guilty that i have to stop at those, but if i don't stop now, i might never. grin

This is so stale

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Rising Artists Music Listeners Should Keep A Tab On In 2021 / Soundcity MVP Awards Festival 2017 Full Nominations List / Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.