Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,643 members, 7,851,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:24 PM

Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription (22762 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2007
@ oyb
as much as we would like u to bestow ur enormous wealth of knowledge with us, u dont mind if we erm, stick to the topic of the thread do u? (muslims reject new naira notes: no arabic inscriptions) pls tell us why u and ur brothers have the right to do this. kiss
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2007
@angel 101
Sheesh
until i stumbled unto this thread, i wasnt aware that i or my mum, dad, sister, brother, wives grin ,uncles and aunts,grandparents, children, etc,etc were rejecting the new naira notes

i mean , i and a lot of other muslims out there weren't even aware that we had arabic on the old notes!

question: please, is there anyone out there who can translate the old arabic inscriptions.

lets reference the original post

The sultan of sokoto ,lateef adegbite and NORTHERN muslims have rejected the new currency notes because they do not have ARABIC inscriptions

who are these 'northern muslims?'.there are a lot of northern muslims where i work, and i haven't heard any of them complaining.

who is your spiritual leader? the pope? are you mandated by your god to follow him by the nose ring? can i assume that anything he says will immediately be taken by you as the holy grail?so why do you assume i and other muslims would do that with our spiritual leaders?

obviously, the above listed religious leaders have made a mountain out of a molehill.i don't deny that.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2007
@angel101
ps kiss
(omo it:haa, oga engineer, hajia go catch you!!.
the senior technician: omo it, no fumble !i dey look for 4th wife!!)
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2007
i regret that i am about to break the rules again,

please note
i referenced wikipedia for a reason.so all readers can reference UNBIASED research on the issues.this isn´t about the 'editorial slant' of all posts on islam made by some nairalanders who need not be mentioned.also, quite frankly i do not have the time to start looking for christianophobe websites.there are 6 billion of us on this planet.do you honestly think, if i decided to search, i would not find any christian horror stories to which those posted by our veteran islamphobes would pale in comparison?

also, note that every tribe, race, religion, extended family,class, organisation(any group of human beings at all) has its misfits.one cannot judge islam on the activties of its lunatic fringe.

if that were the case, i too should judge christianity by the actions of its lunatic fringe

-a religion of frauds masqurading as evangelists who collect money from the poor and needy(promising them that 2004,2005,2006, 2007,2008 is their 'year of breakthrough!','don´t put N20 in the basket, put N200!'

(sometime last year, a former IT student came visiting.he had a bad story.it seems he had given a pastor in his church n250,000 to help him secure an accomodation.the long and short of it is that 'the pastorchop de money'.he tried to recover his money ,whereupon the pastor began a series of quasi religious intimidation began.eventually, the guy 'left the pastor to God'.and this fellow had in the not too distant past, given his first car to the church!how would that sound as a topic? the christian pastor as a cannibal-he dosen´t hesitate to feed on his own kind!)

-lets not forget reverend king who in his heyday claimed he would cure all 'blood diseases' and who promised 'virus removal'(come to apple junction amuwo odofin, the billboard should still be standing).he was a different breed of charlatan. most of his compatriots simply promised to heal the blind, make the lame walk, etal

as to the real Dr King, i seem to remember reading somewhere that he was a womaniser.(just pointing out the frailties of modern christian icons)

somehow, the good deeds of muslims never seem to make it into the forums.does anyone remember that muslim banker in bangladesh who won a nobel peace prize? he started a bank that provided microfinacing services to poor village women, so they could have a chance to give their children a better future. i´m not suprised that true,inspiring stories like this are overlooked by the lunatic 'christian' fringe on nairaland, who only look for the negative aspects of islam.

let me point out something must of you christian 'intellectuals' have somehow (suprise, suprise) overlooked during our research into Islam . A Muslim's actions are judged by his intention. becoming a muslim does not confer an automatic gate pass to heaven(no ´wash my sins away´).ulimately, it is about the balance of your good deeds against your bad deeds.For anything you do, to be a good deed, it must be done with the intention of pleasing Allah. for instance, if all my rejoinders to the nairaland islamophobes is not about seeking the pleasure of Allah, but letting everyone out there know what a smart guy( grin) i am, then no good deed recorded!

my point comes to what i have stated before, some of the terrorists out there are simply following their own agenda. unfortunately, there will always be people who cannot function without a demagogue( like the inhabitants of jonestown), and so they will always have followers.

more on stereotyping:

lets reference some local scandals

who was that kid who was executed in singapore for pushing drugs?what about that 419er that was given a taste of his own medicine(the naked pictures fellow in dublin)? what about the fellows in onitsha who makeand market fake drugs.ibos! and christian ibos for that matter!if i remember correctly a fake drug kingpin was even knighted by the church at one time!(new topic: why are christian ibos criminally oriented.)

let me tell you another story.my cousin was doing late night browsing in a cyber cafe.(this was before the days of EFCC).lo, all the ibos in the cafe gathered to pray for the success of their 'business'!they invited him to join them, but he just shook his head.

and lets not forget all those traders out there
god´s grace electronics, to God be the glory: suppliers and contractors.their receipts are festooned with references to God.this doesn´t stop them from selling damaged goods to JJC buyers, and then threatening violence when the jjcs come back to demand refunds.

based on any of the above , i could create any number of posts on the moral relativism of modern christian ibos.

and what about cannibalism?or is it only pagan ibos that practice that?(lets not go there, )

there are so many negative images of blacks, particularly, blacks of African Origin, in the western media.i´m sure most of you US based christians have also been victims of racism and stereotyping ( from white, oriential, and african americans).or is islam bashing your outlet for your pent up frustrations?hmm, definetely an idea!sort of like schoolyard bullies, their folks beat up on them at home, so they beat up on others in school!am i getting warmer?

ps:in no way do i endorse the alleged 'abduction and forced conversion ' of christian youths in sokoto. but this is merely a crude and violent variant of what christians have been doing all over nigeria:

in my primary school, a government school, not a private one, we recited the lord´s prayer at every assembly, daily.no muslim prayer was ever used.

i´m sure all the muslims in the house can testify to victimisation by christian lecturers.
(i don´t want any ninjas in my class!)

lets not forget the secondary school peer pressure by earnest SU missionaries
'but look at all the people coming first in class, they´re all christians.if you were to become a christian, )an SS1 student told me this when i was in JSS1.

do you realise that the first schools in nigeria combined missionary services with education? Muslims would send their kids to school for an education, and get back educated christians!(did you not read the fine print, sir?)

also, in my secondary school, for three years running an abominable 'push me i enter practice' was adopted. the appointed student head of the SU would be made head prefect! for years, all eyes would be on so and so as the perfect head prefect.suddenly, without warning, a fellow weak in all aspects of leadership(but anointed by the christian godfathers) would be thrust into the position!thankfully, this process stopped the year after i left school.i guess the powers that be finally realised that competence is not always synonymous with 'piety'.not that any of these head prefects was partiularly pious.talk about abuse of power!(send that extra pot to my room!)

i read somewhere that white folks are just as crooked as black folks, they are just smarter about it.guess the same applies to christians.the insiduous route to conversion is the best route.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2007
does anyone have tranquilizers?
someone here could do with 20 mg of ativan
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2007
or pure and unadulterated ogogoro.I'm almost certain Olabowole is your daddy
You need a DNA test to prove me wrong
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2007
madam babyosisi, you sef dey watch this dance of the macabre? grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2007
my dear,I see the atilogwu dance but hear no drum beats.
How could he afford the time out of his busy schedule?
The oil wells haven't dried out ,or have they? grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by BlackMamba(m): 3:20am On Mar 22, 2007
@oyb
I got to admit you almost fooled me with your train of thought on the Naira inscription matter, where you seem like a reasonably smart Muslim. Something we truly desire. But then in your long sermon that followed you went right back to the same ugly side of Islam.
In modern times, no other religious group perpetrate violence on society like Moslems do in the name of religion. Even the "lunatic fringe" of other religions do not go killing people and destroying property in the name of their belief. That's the difference my friend.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by 9ja4eva: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2007
Am glad they are not vexed cos the Country doesnt belong to any religion.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2007
9ja4eva:

Am glad they are not vexed because the Country doesnt belong to any religion.

exactly the point of myself and most others on this thread. smiley
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by 9ja4eva: 3:13am On Mar 23, 2007
Yeah its d plain truth.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
BlackMamba:

@oyb
I got to admit you almost fooled me with your train of thought on the Naira inscription matter, where you seem like a reasonably smart Muslim. Something we truly desire. But then in your long sermon that followed you went right back to the same ugly side of Islam.
In modern times, no other religious group perpetrate violence on society like Moslems do in the name of religion. Even the "lunatic fringe" of other religions do not go killing people and destroying property in the name of their belief. That's the difference my friend.

It only takes a little bit of conversation to see through the likes of him.

They all start out preaching some kind of ecumenical peace that is utterly non-existent in their world,then and now and once you mention the atrocities perpetuated in the name of Allah,they grow fangs.
I was never fooled.
They have no right to hold the nation or the world to ransom.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by 9ja4eva: 3:53am On Mar 24, 2007
Exactly.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by zigbo(f): 3:10am On Mar 29, 2007
@oyb, u typed all that ,men thats a whole lot of junk,pls send wat someone can read, who do u think has d time to read all that, even wen u try to make a point nobody knows becos the junk has covered it all. thats by d way sha ,

I have this rily long assignment and it requires a whole lot of blabs nd typyin, do u think u can help me out? thx wink
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by 9ja4eva: 8:46am On Mar 29, 2007
Huh d N20 is so so fine.Kai 9ja don tear eye oh.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by zigbo(f): 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2007
b4 nko
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2007
zigbo:

@oyb, u typed all that ,men thats a whole lot of junk,please send what someone can read, who do u think has d time to read all that, even when u try to make a point nobody knows because the junk has covered it all. thats by d way sha ,

I have this rily long assignment and it requires a whole lot of blabs nd typyin, do u think u can help me out? thx wink

make him an offer grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by zigbo(f): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2007
i dont think he will be needing anything to dat,he is always up nd ready to type in long psalms. i think i will even be doin him a fava smiley
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by nyabinghi(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2007
OYB thats was a great piece. Islam can never be understood by the chidren of shaytan masqurading as xtians. They take what is preached to them hook,line and sinker. Any idoit could claim to be called from the highest height. It is only in christendom that man will marry a fellow man in front of a pastor. Nudity is allowed in the churches(ushers). i REST MY CASE FOR NOW. wink
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2007
nyabinghi:

OYB thats was a great piece. Islam can never be understood by the chidren of shaytan masqurading as xtians. They take what is preached to them hook,line and sinker. Any idoit could claim to be called from the highest height. It is only in christendom that man will marry a fellow man in front of a pastor. Nudity is allowed in the churches(ushers). i REST MY CASE FOR NOW. wink

I wonder who the real children of shaytan are. Those who murder their teachers, blow themselves up, fly planes into buildings, shoot innocent people in the name of allah, kidnap children and force them to convert to islam at the pain of death. If the peaceful ones are the children of shaytan then one is left beffudled at whose children those for whom violence and intolerance is a virtue are.

No rationale individual can understand islam! True! It will take a great deal of stretching the imagination to justify hate, intolerance, violence and bigotry as attributes of a "loving and peaceful god".

My dear, the bible says by their fruits ye shall know them. Genuine christians can differentiate between the true and false christians of which those who support homosexualism fall under. That fake naira notes exists does not invalidate the genuine!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by nyabinghi(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2007
mr. david, why associate islam with terrorism. islam never encourages terrorism as we have renegades in islam so we have dem in chriatianity. how many times do u hear of violence in the southern part of nigeria coming . people blwoing up plains are doing that for their own freedom and it is not in de name of islam. It is in the history books that the church endorsed slave trade until william wilberforce stood up to the cjurch and british authorities. Also christianity to the bset of my knowledge is not practised the normal way but for u guys to please your so called pastors. have u wondered why crime is more rampant in christian dominated areas compared to muslim dominated areas. the ibos from records are more of christians and they are the ones commiting the most crimes in the country. let me stop for now. Allah akbar
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2007
nyabinghi:

mr. david, why associate islam with terrorism. islam never encourages terrorism as we have renegades in islam so we have them in chriatianity. how many times do u hear of violence in the southern part of nigeria coming . people blwoing up plains are doing that for their own freedom and it is not in de name of islam. It is in the history books that the church endorsed slave trade until william wilberforce stood up to the cjurch and british authorities. Also christianity to the bset of my knowledge is not practised the normal way but for u guys to please your so called pastors. have u wondered why crime is more rampant in christian dominated areas compared to muslim dominated areas. the ibos from records are more of christians and they are the ones commiting the most crimes in the country. let me stop for now. Allah akbar

The usual islamist attitude of attempting to justify institutionalised violence by accusing others of 13th century "crimes" and sweeping murder under the carpet in the name of "renegades".
Maybe you need to move to muslim dominated northern Nigeria to feel the impact of crime. If crime is on the increase in "christian dominated areas", it is due mainly to economic reasons and NOT religion as armed robbers do not go robbing houses in the name of Christ.

And by what yardstick do u measure crime? If the ibos commit the most crimes in the country do they do that in the name of Christ? Where are your statistics to justify ur unsubstantiated allegations?
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 31, 2007
nyabinghi:

mr. david, why associate islam with terrorism. islam never encourages terrorism as we have renegades in islam so we have them in chriatianity. how many times do u hear of violence in the southern part of nigeria coming . people blwoing up plains are doing that for their own freedom and it is not in de name of islam. It is in the history books that the church endorsed slave trade until william wilberforce stood up to the cjurch and british authorities. Also christianity to the bset of my knowledge is not practised the normal way but for u guys to please your so called pastors. have u wondered why crime is more rampant in christian dominated areas compared to muslim dominated areas. the ibos from records are more of christians and they are the ones commiting the most crimes in the country. let me stop for now. Allah akbar

Isn't that the same chanting we heard when the planes were flown into buildings,when Daniel Pearls throat was slashed by AL zaquawi dan Al shaytani.
The same chants reverberated recently when the young Christian teacher was murdered in Gombe.
We have heard it over and over again,allah is indeed the "greatest" for his machetes seem to be the sharpest.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 31, 2007
babyosisi:

Isn't that the same chanting we heard when the planes were flown into buildings,when Daniel Pearls throat was slashed by AL zaquawi dan Al shaytani.
The same chants reverberated recently when the young Christian teacher was murdered in Gombe.
We have heard it over and over again,allah is indeed the "greatest" for his machetes seem to be the sharpest.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by lewa(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2007
islam never encourages terrorism as we have renegades in islam so we have them in chriatianity
What of jihad?Go tell that to the Sunni and Shia in Iraq,Hizbollah and Hamas!Are they renegades too ?Islam as a religion was spread by war and strife and its rather lame that you would expose ignorance as such!
how many times do u hear of violence in the southern part of nigeria coming

How many times have you heard of religious pogroms in the North?.
people blwoing up plains are doing that for their own freedom and it is not in de name of islam.

Really?What freedom is being denied Taliban,Al Qaida, and numerous other extremists?
It is in the history books that the church endorsed slave trade until william wilberforce stood up to the cjurch and british authorities
Good for you!Your sense of history is distorted it seems!Arabs also dealt in human cargo~Islands of Zanzibar and Pemba in East Africa were notorious slave forts same with North Africa!Arab slave traders also dealt in slaves in Northern Nigeria
Mallam,your premise is so foolish.Religious extremism is the bulwark of Islam!Those of us that have seen it first hand know~
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Mamajama(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2007
most of this people are animal and should be castigated, we need to build a wall to isolate this barbaric animal from intoxicating the society. Any one that will kill Innocent people for unjust cause are animal in my opinion. A Christian teacher was just killed in the north for unknowingly throwing a quran on the floor.

Muslim pupils at a secondary school in northeastern Nigeria beat a teacher to death on Wednesday after accusing her of desecrating the Koran, police and witnesses said.

Oluwatoyin Olusase, a Christian, was invigilating an Islamic Religious Knowledge exam at the school in Gombe state when the incident occurred. The students attacked her outside the school compound after the exam and killed her, witnesses said.

It was not clear exactly what Olusase had done that angered the students.

Police confirmed the killing and said their intervention had prevented the incident from turning into a riot.

"We have received information that a female teacher has been lynched by her students. We are investigating the report," Gombe state police commissioner Joseph Ibi said.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by nyabinghi(m): 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2007
dear lewa,

i am not a mallam i am from de west and i wanna let u know that christians have done the worst harm to this world in the name of preaching christ. How many muslims were denied education in the name of Christianity. how many muslims have been killed by your christian brothers in the usa,britain in the name of fighting terrorism that was created by them. Didn't your 666 leaders pray for america/britain to invade and kill the defenceless in afhanistan,libya,iraq. Don't be deceived christians are wack and rightfully arrogant and lack knowledge of research. Didn't your bible tell you that seek the truth and it will set u free. I rest for now. grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2007
nyabinghi:

dear lewa,

i am not a mallam i am from de west and i want to let u know that christians have done the worst harm to this world in the name of preaching christ. How many muslims were denied education in the name of Christianity. how many muslims have been killed by your christian brothers in the usa,britain in the name of fighting terrorism that was created by them. Didn't your 666 leaders pray for america/britain to invade and kill the defenceless in afhanistan,libya,iraq. Don't be deceived christians are wack and rightfully arrogant and lack knowledge of research. Didn't your bible tell you that seek the truth and it will set u free. I rest for now. grin

Bias is a bad thing. It makes people write without much reasoning.

1. Where are the muslims denied education in the name of christianity? Please provide sufficient proof!!!
I have sufficient proof that christians are denied the right to a decent education in Zamfara state and are forced to pay exhorbitant fees under the guise of being "non indigenes". The same Zamfara state along with other sharia states have made it a criminal offense for a christian to own a private school in their states.

When next you intend to lie, please do so with some modicum of wisdom.

2. Where are the muslims being killed in USA and Britain? Any evidence to prove that if this exists at all it is
a. done in the name of Jesus
b. committed by an "extremist minority" who are above the law and defended by the "moderate" majority?

3. Who are the defenceless citizens being attacked in Libya? Where were you when Libyan authorities killed more than 250 innocent and defenceless civilians over the island of Lockerbie in the Pan Am air crash of 1989?
Are the citizens of Iraq really defenceless? Who are those responsible for the almost hourly bomb attacks that have killed more than 4 times the number of Iraqis killed by American bullets in Iraq? US soldiers?
What of the "defenceless" citizens of Lebanon? The same people who keep hurling missiles tipped with ball bearings at schools and hospitals in Isreal?
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by lewa(m): 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2007
i am not a mallam i am from de west

Mallam means Mr!It does have any religious connotation
i want to let u know that christians have done the worst harm to this world in the name of preaching christ
Where?When?How?Burden of proof please!
How many muslims were denied education in the name of Christianity. how many muslims have been killed by your christian brothers in the usa,britain in the name of fighting terrorism that was created by them
You are indeed foolish to post this!I guess you can't be serious!Where have muslims been killed in the west that we don't know about?Where have muslims been denied education?I ONLY GUESS YOU ARE UP TO MISCHIEF OR PLAIN STUPID!
Didn't your 666 leaders pray for america/britain to invade and kill the defenceless in afhanistan,libya,iraq. Don't be deceived christians are wack and rightfully arrogant and lack knowledge of research. Didn't your bible tell you that seek the truth and it will set u free. I rest for now.

Again,stupidity!Meaningless rabid rants of an ignoramus!Please provide a link to back up your claims~you are indeed dubitable,indeterminate,asinine with the benefit of crass ignorance.Have you done your research before spewing nonsense here?Seems as if if truth itself were to be incorporated into your person,you would be the worse for it!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Mamajama(m): 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2007
why are you guys wasting your time with that slowpoke? he can't even substantiate his saying.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by 9ja4eva: 8:29am On Apr 01, 2007
Muslims in Nigeria shld stop giving us trouble oh.Look @ how dey killed dt young teacher.Something needs to be done oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits / Friend Celebrates A Nigerian Female Graduate Who Is A Yam Seller - Pictures / Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.