Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription (22722 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by LoverBwoy(m): 9:34am On Mar 14, 2007
im not stirring things up  grin

I said the igbos and niger Delta should be on their own. meaning, each have their own country. Who wants to be with an Igbo man? They will steal ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the oil money which is about to DRY up.

the igbos don't even need your oil money!!!! they are hard working and currently they are not the ones stealing the oil money and even if they give you people all the oil in Nigeria and all the money in Nigeria, you people will remain what you are "LAZY FOLKS" and you Niger deltans can not even make a country because you hate each other coupled with distrust

If u make any futher anserous comment about the igbos again i will personally give u a thunderous slap,imagin this minority writing blah about the igbos[yes i call u a minority]

tribalism" wil never go away, people will generally attribute it to those old men but its obvious its has been passed onto the new generation
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by nyabinghi(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2007
Nigerians are a bunch of soccers, u so called christians don't even understand christianity. i feel real christianity doesn't condone exposure of cleavages and private parts but the latter day churches seem to tolerate exposures. A guy on this thread made reference to the riot wrt miss world pageant that took place then, does christianity support exposures, i wanna know. Moreover most riots are started by almajiris who ain't educated, so stop your bigotry guys.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by otoidea(m): 9:46am On Mar 14, 2007
@topic replies

THER IS MOUNTAIN ON THE FIRE!!!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 14, 2007
spicyronny:

first of all Mr davidylan, maybe u should try and read the history of the federal republic of Nigeria, that should shed some light on your darkened mind.

You told me to read the history of why arabic was inscribed on the naira, i asked you to specifically state what "history" and all you can offer is this peurile "go and read history" again? Why do people love to prevaricate rather than face real issues? At least a darkened mind is preferable to an empty one. You like all other "pacifists" attempt to pass the arabic inscription as merely a "language" issue. Yet again it begs the question all of you have carefully avoided to answer: who and where are those majority of Nigerians who speak arabic ONLY?

You readily accuse others of having a "lack of basic knowledge" of the topic and yet you consistently fail to show same?
Was it not on this same thread that the likes of Nuru claimed it was the British that allowed "ajami" on the Naira even though the Naira was not introduced until 1973? Did the British include arabic inscriptions on the Nigerian pound?

nuru:

Once again, May God bless the peace lovers.

If the problems of Nigeria had merely been a lack of peace, we would be a first world nation today. Rather it is about a clash of cultures, religions and ideas. Merely sweeping Nigeria's problems under the carpet in the name of "peace" is the reason we are were we are today. Ghana is progressing because rather than choose "peace" they chose to face their problems head on and profer tangible solutions.
It is this false sense of "peace" that has seen us endure 34 yrs of arabic inscriptions on the legal tender of a nation where arabic is not a major language.
It is this false sense of "peace" that has seen us pretend that all is well with a nation where religious violence is only the next European cartoons away.
While we seek "peace" at all costs, our nation remains the poorest of all oil producing nations.

nyabinghi:

Nigerians are a bunch of soccers, u so called christians don't even understand christianity. i feel real christianity doesn't condone exposure of cleavages and private parts but the latter day churches seem to tolerate exposures. A guy on this thread made reference to the riot wrt miss world pageant that took place then, does christianity support exposures, i want to know. Moreover most riots are started by almajiris who ain't educated, so stop your bigotry guys.

This post was so convoluted and devoid of meaning it became unreasonable to respond to it.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by demmy(m): 10:24am On Mar 14, 2007
What about the other arabic still on the naira? The arabic numerals. Should those be remove too?
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by LoverBwoy(m): 10:33am On Mar 14, 2007
demmy:

What about the other arabic still on the naira? The arabic numerals. Should those be remove too?

i think they should remove those too and all the english- they should put "pidgin"  cheesy

@david
Ghana is progressing because rather than choose "peace" they chose to face their problems head on and profer tangible solutions.

Are we facing our problems head on or we are constantly pointing fingers and laying the blames on the "others"
Everybody now knows the problem with nigeria, they'll get phd for that if it was possible

when are we going to profer tangible solutions? apart from splitting up-makes sense but its not workable
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 14, 2007
LoverBwoy:

@david[/b]
Are we facing our problems head on or we are constantly pointing fingers and laying the blames on the "others"
Everybody now knows the problem with nigeria, they'll get phd for that if it was possible

when are we going to profer tangible solutions? apart from splitting up-makes sense but its not workable

The solutions to our problems are staring us in the face we just refuse to do anything about it in the name of . . .  you got it "PEACE"!

For how long have we been crying about genuine fiscal federalism? But in the name of "peace" especially because it is not in the interests of the north we all pretend to ignore it while we continue to groan under the ineptitude of an unweildy and over powerful federal center for which power has become a do-or-die affair.

If we had been a federation by now no one will be arguing about inscriptions on the naira!

When some of us argue that government is not living up to its responsibilities, there are others who are quick to tell us that it is not the duty of government to provide power, health care, good education but the duty of the "private sector"!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by LoverBwoy(m): 10:53am On Mar 14, 2007
When some of us argue that government is not living up to its responsibilities, there are others who are quick to tell us that it is not the duty of government to provide power, health care, good education but the duty of the "private sector"!

Seun  grin

For how long have we been crying about genuine fiscal federalism? But in the name of "peace" especially because it is not in the interests of the north we all pretend to ignore it while we continue to groan under the ineptitude of an unweildy and over powerful federal center for which power has become a do-or-die affair.
brb
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 14, 2007
na wa o! There could be no more effective way to kill this thread than to move it here.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by youngies(m): 11:07am On Mar 14, 2007
nyabinghi:

Nigerians are a bunch of soccers, u so called christians don't even understand christianity. i feel real christianity doesn't condone exposure of cleavages and private parts but the latter day churches seem to tolerate exposures. A guy on this thread made reference to the riot wrt miss world pageant that took place then, does christianity support exposures, i want to know. Moreover most riots are started by almajiris who ain't educated, so stop your bigotry guys.

You appear to me as someone who has never left Damaturu before. You think there no street urchins in the south, why don't they take up arms to fight for the church because miss world pagent "supports exposure" according to you. Get a life bro.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by dayokanu(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2007
Xtianity does not support nudity but It neither supports barbaric killing of non moslems to drive home a point. Cartoons drawn in far away Denmark make people to riot, US over 2000 km to the west attacks Irack 2000 km to the east Xtians in northern Nigeria must suffer, If you claim all these are the handiwork of Illiterate street urchin, how come they know what is happening in Denmark and US definitely some educated Imams must have been stirring them up
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2007
@spicyroom
ur ignorance and infact arrogance is not only beyond belief but quite pointless!
1st off can u pls tell us how many people xtians have killed all over the world in the name of God as u claim?

secondly, u claim that Soludo did not visit the Ibo's and yorubas to explain cos their language was not removed. was the northern language removed? or since when is arabic a nigerian language?

people like u are the psycophants who would not let nigeria progress.

i said it b4 and i would sday it again. if the northerners feel to superior to comport themselves as equal nigerian citizens, they are welcome to buzz the hell off!

mind u, i have members of my family who are muslim including my mother and also ones who are hausa so i am by no means prejudiced by u know the truth is bitter! shocked
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by deor03(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2007
@demmy
I can't believe you people are discussing this non story because the sultan never rejected the new notes. And I can see that the thread starter made no reference to any newspaper. So where did he get such news from?

Why are we still plague by rumor mongering in this information age?

demmy, you can go to page 1 of this thread for clarification on the source of the information.

thanks
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by instinct(m): 5:34pm On Mar 14, 2007
Nonsense, those dudes can take a clumsy flying Bleep at the moon
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by egoldman(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2007
nyabinghi:

my friend, almajiris do not wake up in the morning and start killing or destroying things ,its your hypocritical ulamas that instigate them ,so stop blaming the wrong ones .how does an illitrate almajiri know what is happening in Iraq or Denmark ? angry angry angry
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Hafizu: 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2007
All your comments are uncalled for. who do you think you are in Nigeria to begin all these abuses on hausas and muslims, just beause their leaders aired their view.

Anyway i dont blame you. If i'm to say some things, i beleive none of you will open his dirty mouth again to say those useless comments.

NONESENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by gbadex1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2007
Oh gee, please "say some things", maybe then, dr. davidylan could examine your verbal diaorrhea.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2007
angel101:

@spicyroom
your ignorance and infact arrogance is not only beyond belief but quite pointless!
1st off can u please tell us how many people xtians have killed all over the world in the name of God as u claim?
truth is bitter! shocked

damn angel 101 u are ignorant!!havent u ever heard of the spanish inquisition?what about the exemplary behavior of christians in the crusades.your religion has a very, very dark history.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2007
oyb:

damn angel 101 u are ignorant!!havent u ever heard of the spanish inquisition?what about the exemplary behavior of christians in the crusades.your religion has a very, very dark history.

Typical response.
If I got a dime for everytime I heard that,I would buy nairaland from Seun!.
You keep going back to long ago,the Christians that killed were they commanded by Christ to do so?
Unlike Muslims that get their panties all up in a bunch because of cartoons following the murderous example of Mo and his gang of thieves.
Please tell us something we've not heard.

I bet you know next to nothing about the origin of the crusades,but please let's stick to the thread.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2007
To educate you a little oyb and the rest of your brothers that peddle this crusade story as an evil committed by Christians go and read the history but let me help you a little.
Here is the call for crusade against Muslims made by the pope,any sane person would tell you they were mainly defending the right of fellow Christians.

[b]a summary of the pope's speech, which has been recorded differently in various sources: 

"The noble race of Franks must come to the aid their fellow Christians in the East. The infidel Turks are advancing into the heart of Eastern Christendom; Christians are being oppressed and attacked; churches and holy places are being defiled. Jerusalem is groaning under the Saracen yoke. The Holy Sepulchre is in Moslem hands and has been turned into a mosque. Pilgrims are harassed and even prevented from access to the Holy Land. [/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]"The West must march to the defense of the East. All should go, rich and poor alike. The Franks must stop their internal wars and squabbles. Let them go instead against the infidel and fight a righteous war.

"God himself will lead them, for they will be doing His work. There will be absolution and remission of sins for all who die in the service of Christ. Here they are poor and miserable sinners; there they will be rich and happy. Let none hesitate; they must march next summer. God wills it!
[/b]

http://gbgm-umc.org/umw/bible/crusades.stm
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2007
don't hit me with that whitewash christian propaganda
lets see what unbiased folks have 2 say abt it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

plus , i forgot, where was your pope when hitler was killing six million jews?and what about the way the church promoted the lie of the divine right of kings back in the day.
i refer to the past because, unlike christianity, islam is essentially unchanged.
muslims don't go for all this modernizatiion of religion, where u have catholics mormon, 7th day adventisitss, pentecostals, celestials, , we don't have multiple versions of the quran, only one.
ur kind hate islam so much because it can't be hijacked and twisted by western influences. if they wree pictures of Muhammad(SAW) with blond hair and blue eyes, pple like you would probabaly be muslims!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2007
oyb:

oyb:

don't hit me with that whitewash christian propaganda
lets see what unbiased folks have 2 say about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

plus , i forgot, where was your pope when hitler was killing six million jews?and what about the way the church promoted the lie of the divine right of kings back in the day.
i refer to the past because, unlike christianity, islam is essentially unchanged.
muslims don't go for all this modernizatiion of religion, where u have catholics mormon, 7th day adventisitss, pentecostals, celestials, , we don't have multiple versions of the quran, only one.
your kind hate islam so much because it can't be hijacked and twisted by western influences. if they wree pictures of Muhammad(SAW) with blond hair and blue eyes, people like you would probabaly be muslims!

my answer to both of u is this; when u reach the 21st century, let me know. maybe then we can have an intelligent discussion!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2007
angel101:

my answer to both of u is this; when u reach the 21st century, let me know. maybe then we can have an intelligent discussion!

d 21 st century
where churches are endorsing gay marraige!!!
where priests molest kids and its covered up!!!
where celebrity televangelists make BIG BIG doe and get it on with prostitutes!!!!

hooray for the 21st century and modenity!!!!!

that intelligent enuff 4 u?
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2007
Hafizu:

All your comments are uncalled for. who do you think you are in Nigeria to begin all these abuses on hausas and muslims, just beause their leaders aired their view.

Anyway i don't blame you. If i'm to say some things, i beleive none of you will open his dirty mouth again to say those useless comments.

NONESENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dear Hafizu, i/we are sick and tired of hypocrites like you who are quick to say "who do you think you are in Nigeria. . . "! What silly things where you going to be say to silence us? Thank God many of us have decided to leave the serfdorm that Nigeria has become to the 15th century slave masters in the Sokoto caliphate way out of the hands of your retrogressive "leaders/looters"?

Who do you think you are in Nigeria anyway? But for Lord Lugard's error of 1914 would the North be better than Niger today?

oyb:

d 21 st century
where celebrity televangelists make BIG BIG doe and get it on with prostitutes!!!!

hooray for the 21st century and modenity!!!!!

that intelligent enough for you?

Yawn!!! undecided

Was it not the ayatollah who told us we were allowed to rape animals and babies?
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2007
oyb:

Oh I see why you have basically held the entire world to ransom because you are stuck in the stone age.
Why you refuse to see that Muhammad is no longer running around in caravans slaughtering innocent folks and sleeping with their wives and children as allah commanded.
Islam is essentially unchanged,is that why you still molest and rape little 9 year olds like Muhammad did Aisha?
Please spare us .
The Arabic signs have been wiped off the naira,if that bothers you,don't spend it
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2007
oyb:

d 21 st century

The  Bible condemns gay marriage in all it's entirety,we do not chop off heads of people that go against the Bible ,that is the difference.

and what does Christ say about child molestation?
You wouldn't know and if truly you are following Mohammeds lifestyle,people ought to keep their children from you,he like those guilty priests,was a child molester.

This shows me your level of intelligence,are you angry that televangelists make big money? grin grin grin
'They' get in on with prostitutes,like you've never sinned?
There's was on the evening news,how do we know what you are doing behind closed doors.You should think before you speak.
Those homosexual and effeminate men all over Kano and Kaduna are not there chewing gworo.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2007
finally oyb  your wikipedia link is not totally different from my earlier posts of the cause of the crusades.
Anyone who can read knows it was not started by Christians.
It was a response to the usual Muslim aggression much like what we have today.
This is a quote from your link:

Another turning point attributed to the change in western attitudes towards the east came in the year 1009, when the Fatimid caliph, al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah ordered the Church of the Holy Sepulchre destroyed.[citation needed] His successor permitted the Byzantine Empire to rebuild it under stringent circumstances, and pilgrimage was again permitted, but many reports began to circulate in the West about the cruelty of Muslims toward Christian pilgrims; these accounts from returning pilgrims then played an important role in the development of the crusades later in the century.[citation needed[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Read up on a link before you post it,the Christian crusaders did have an upper hand yes,but they did not go waring without a cause,secondly,that was in 1095.
Fast forward to what your brothers are doing in the world today,like someone said,when you get to the 21st century,let us know!!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2007
Khomeini's Teachings on sex with infants and animals 
Islamic Teachings on sex with infants:

"A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However, he should not penetrate. If he penetrates and the child is harmed then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however would not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl's sister."

The complete Persian text of this saying can be found in "Ayatollah Khomeini in Tahrirolvasyleh, Fourth Edition, Darol Elm, Qom"

Islamic Teachings on sex with animals:

"The meat of horses, mules, or donkeys is not recommended. It is strictly forbidden if the animal was sodomized while alive by a man. In that case, the animal must be taken outside the city and sold."

Editor's notes[/color][color=#990000]: I wonder if it is OK to sodomize a dead animal? What happens if the buyer brings the poor animal back into the city?

"If one commits an act of sodomy with a cow, a ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrements become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed as quickly as possible and burned, and the price of it paid to its owner by him who sodomized it."

Editor's note: The poor animal first is sodomized and then killed and burned. What an Islamic justice towards animals? Where are the animal
rights group?

"It is forbidden to consume the excrement of animals or their nasal secretions. But if such are mixed in minute proportions into other foods their consumption is not forbidden."

"If a man (God protect him from it!) fornicates with an animal and ejaculates, ablution is necessary."

Editor's note[/color][color=#990000]: It does not say who should have ablution: the animal or the man?

babyosisi's note: and this is the religion they tell you is peace,please!!!!!!!!!!
keep your children and babies away from the likes of oyb
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by jeshua(m): 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2007
This is an issue that should not be taken with a levity hand. It is serious, when the assumed slave drivers does not want the nation to be free, then we should be prepared for a battle. Not a battle of weapons although that is what they want but it must be a battle that shows we are bigger than they think we are.
For years, we all thought bearing a northern name was the opportunity we needed to be in the Army, to be appointed as Top officials but it is time we tell them to go to hell. If we are going to be together, then we must be treated equally and we must all have a say on all issues.
That Adegbite or whatever you call him, he knows they are just using him.Hausa Muslims don't believe in equality. A non-hausa cant have the same statues in the mosque up north sorry down north. It is the truth, I have lived in the north before.
They have lied to us for long, they said they were the first with Universities in Nigeria-great news. Arabic universities that is what they call universities. Will somebody tell them, that is a religious institution and it is the reason the north isn't up to date because what should be divine is thought to have secular relevance-NEVER.
Let the naira remain so, if they don't like it, let them head back into the Sahara where their forefathers raided innocent travelers.
I love Nigeria and anyone who doesn't want the new naira should go to Afghanistan and Osama will give such better currency when Americans blow up is or her head.
I rest my case
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by fadal(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2007
ayo cuz am not against knowbody's religion am cool with evrybody's religion I d'ont care wether if you muslim or christian as long as you respect my religion and the people I will respect your religion but as long as I see people talking bad about muslim then I gotta stand a little bit for my religion, it aint dramma just respect.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by egoldman(m): 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2007
fadal:

ayo because am not against knowbody's religion am cool with evrybody's religion I d'ont care wether if you muslim or christian as long as you respect my religion and the people I will respect your religion but as long as I see people talking bad about muslim then I gotta stand a little bit for my religion, it aint dramma just respect.

tell that to the sauduana and adegbute angry angry angry
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2007
fadal:

ayo because am not against knowbody's religion am cool with evrybody's religion I d'ont care wether if you muslim or christian as long as you respect my religion and the people I will respect your religion but as long as I see people talking bad about muslim then I gotta stand a little bit for my religion, it aint dramma just respect.

When next your islamic goons in the north are going on rampage over what they know nothing about, please remind them to be "cool" and to respect our religion too, at least if anything they should respect the sanctity of human lives!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

FG Inaugurates Gold Refinery, Boosts Small-scale Mining / Instagram beggar threatens to use juju on Hauwa Indimi / Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.