Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription (22699 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by lewa(m): 12:00am On Mar 10, 2007
don't u stop your paranoia. Its seems to me many of u just enjoy slandering the northerners with a non-constructive justification
Hmmm!You think so?What of the blood of innocents shed in the past by  radical fanatics at the urge of rabid sheikhs?you forget many of those are just not posting out of ignorance ,but rather based on what we have seen!
I have nothing against northerners,just those who kill,maim plunder and those who quote from thr pulpit encouraging them!
The Sultan is the head of muslims in the country and since he's made he's jaundiced myopic views known no one has come out to disagree with him!The silly MSS to came out to add insult to injury!Nigeria's no one's property~and arabic is not an official language so what's the purpose on the naira!
People should  see things objectively~which the north doesn't seem to and that has been their forte for years,dragging Nigeria back~we all know what they would have done if they had the oil depoits in their backyard!Thank God that ain't the case here,!
Mallam,i think you are indeed out of line in calling people paranoid,slanderous and non objective.Your supreme leader has spoken at your behest,if you disagree go take up a page in Tribune/Guardian and express your displeasure that is!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by abdkabir(m): 1:19am On Mar 10, 2007
@Lewa

I see your point and i can say i subscribe to it. The rage and violence some northerners unleash in their apparent poverty of Mind in the name of Religion is nothing but appauling. THe sad issue is that many people here are seemingly falling into the same error by blindly accusing and painting anything northern to be Black.

I guess this isnt the way forward. We should be more tolerant to one another if we hope to succeed.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by lewa(m): 2:04am On Mar 10, 2007
k!Salaam
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by 9ja4eva: 8:00am On Mar 10, 2007
NO ARABIC ON THE CURRENCY COS WE ARE NOT A MUSLIM NATION.Thank You
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by agnesoseka: 9:49am On Mar 10, 2007
hmn embarassed
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by kiwibabe(f): 9:50am On Mar 10, 2007
grin I always thought the notes looked a bit plain grin

These people like to cause unneccessary commotion about nothing, I guess they have not got anything better to do. Don't mind them jo, if they want something different they should go print their own money. NONESENSE
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by byakuyaa: 10:18am On Mar 10, 2007
BULLSHIT!thats what i say to that
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by zebra(m): 10:24am On Mar 10, 2007
hey, lets stop being tribalistic on this issue. why putting all the insults and blames on northerners?? Is Adegbite a northerner?? Just the same way you people curse and insult northerners because of the sultan, yorubas too should be cursed and insulted because of Adegbite. If we want to condemn muslims as a whole lets do that but not taking it personal on northerners.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by dafman(m): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2007
I wonder how those arabic inscriptions got on the naira note in the first place
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by VESTA: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2007
, see the mentality. They're lucky that Christianity sees thing from a different view. Or do they think that the presense of arabic laguage was not noted with emphasis by the Christian world in other old notes? By the way, is arabic language in any way a recognised language in Nigeria?

Next, someone would suggest even RASTERFERIAN language on the notes. They should just mind their words/languages if the do not want the rest of us to uncover so many Islamic things that should not be at Aso Rock etc.

For the last time, such should not be mentioned again if we say we are ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by bunmii(f): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2007
angry what three languages are on the currency by the way  grin undecided
Was arabic inscription on the old one m just curious
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by richo(m): 11:45am On Mar 10, 2007
if any fool dosnt like the new notes, they can keep on using the old dirty ones and allow us enjoy the mints. we are not arabs now! or dont u think i'll be a fool to start sayin they schould but jewish (jesus was a jew ryt?) language on the naira? if u dnt want the new money go to hell angry
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by mahmood: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2007
let all this people learn how to speach in public when it come to abuzing the muslim
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by McKren(m): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2007
mahmood:

let all this people learn how to speach in public when it come to abuzing the muslim

Why will they learn how to speach when you have not acceptance naira.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by bunmeee(f): 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2007
what is their point, there was the naira sign on the other notes before and not on the 1k note so if the CBN board decide to omit the arabic sign, they must ve a reason.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Douzy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2007
McKren:

Why will they learn how to speach when you have not acceptance naira.

Buhahahahahaha!!! tongue
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by seggywilly: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2007
i wonder why some people think like kids, why would they say something like that,i think the muslim should try to sit and think, they lack wisdom, we are one in christ jesus
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by skeed: 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2007
[color=#000099][/color] People can be very funny, i want to suggest here that,if any muslim feels he doesnt want the money because there is no islamic inscription, please notify me, so i can send you my account number to post it in, funny hypocrites!!!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Tmoni(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2007
we of the NIGER DELTA are also going to refuse the notes because, there is no formal acknowledgement of the GOOSE THAT LAYS THE GOLDEN EGG.

i hope they all understand, we are also Nigerians(even if they gave my brothers to Cameroun)
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by nazzyon(m): 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2007
I am a Muslim and taking off the Arabic inscription on the Naira note is not a problem to me.

Note:

Every Arabic inscription on the qur'an didn't mean any harm to anyone it means nothing other than the meaning of the figures on the currency.

On

5 Naira : Naira Biyar

10 Naira: Naira Gooma

20 Naira: Naira Ashirin

50 Naira: Naira Hamsin

100 Naira: Naira Dari

200 Naira: Naira Dari Biu

And all this words means the same; the only Nigeria language that borrows most in Arabic is Hausa language. So the pronouciation in Arabic also means the same in Hausa.

Having Arabic or Hebrew language (words) on the Naira notes should not be any problem to anyone. The best is unity.

I believe that all material things remains on earth.

It always keeps me thinking how the future will be like, because most people both christian, muslims, Idol worshipers youths are more brutal than the elders. The way we the youths handle situations nowadays  holds brutality at hand. If anyone should make a single statement hundred are ready to criticize.

Why can't we just give an explanation? Explaining resolves every situation but we always find it hard to do so. The Muslim leaders who raised the issue has been given an explanation.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by egoldman(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2007
mahmood:

Tell that to ur Muslim leaders who have insulted non- Muslims by their stupid comments about the new notes angry angry angry
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by uyai(f): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2007
nigeria needs to be divided into three parts. My people in the niger Delta region have been marginalized for years now. In order to find work in mobil which is in Akwa ibom my people have to go to lagos first, they have to go through a yoruba man to find work, The problem in this country is that a bunch of people who should not be together are forced to cohabit. The yorubas and Hausas should be together, the igbos and the niger Delta people should be on their own. That is when this madness will stop, untill then,
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by LoverBwoy(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2007
Erm is there any other commotion in nigeria concerning the arabic writing apart from these two.

one thing i notice is people trying to overdo things, the notes have been out for some weeks now and apart from people on the forum i dont see it in the news or anywhere else

HOW COMES THE "NAIRA SIGN N" IS NOT ON THE NOTE ANYMORE?
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by LoverBwoy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2007
uyai:

nigeria needs to be divided into three parts. My people in the niger Delta region have been marginalized for years now. In order to find work in mobil which is in Akwa ibom my people have to go to lagos first, they have to go through a yoruba man to find work, The problem in this country is that a bunch of people who should not be together are forced to cohabit. The yorubas and Hausas should be together, the igbos and the niger Delta people should be on their own. That is when this madness will stop, untill then,

wow you are so smart! but do you really think the niger deltan wants to be with the igbos?

I'm still wondering why the educated south are staying with the illiterate north? the so called illiterate north have been ruling the educated/rich south for ages now and all they do is complain

i guess some people like money E go too much  wink
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Tmoni(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2007
u say u are a Niger Deltan and u say we should go with the Igbo, angry
i do not think that will be in our interest, might be worse--,

we should just be recognised, sad
ABJECT POVERTY REIGNS IN THE LAND angry sad angry sad

PS--if u have not gone to the Niger Delta to experience things for urself, i would appreciate u not making any senseless comment on this issue.

PSS- WHENi mean Niger Delta, not the city capitals but the interiors---- opokuma, sangana, oloibiri, fonobiri etc
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by dj4wealth: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2007
If The Head of Islamic Council is not pleased, he should request for a separate country & currency. Its time for the burden of this Nation to be lifted.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by nazzyon(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2007
Are you blaming GOD for joining us together?

Pls, you may be free to utter words to man but mind your speech when it comes to GOD. We all read in the bibles and Qur'an that we are all created for a purpose. For GOD to have combined series of dialects together here in Nigeria and yet allowing us to survive, shouldn't you know that HE knows best?

Dialects in other countries who are fighting are not up to that of our country. We ought to be thanking GOD for his guidance.

In Rwanda, the Tsutsi and the other race are just 2 but the fights is still on. Honestly, we supposed to be thanking GOD.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by mrpataki(m): 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2007
This is a clear indication that a talk of a United Nigeria is outright rubbish angry
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by dj4wealth: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2007
Nazzyon. What happened to the Tower of Babel ? What is the end of selfishness. Do you know God's plan. I only pray that God's plan for this Nation should be fufilled. when one is building and the other is pulling down what do you think will be the result?
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by denobleman(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2007
@Zigbo,
Hey,what part of the LAND OF THE RISING SUN  are you from?
I am an Igbo man and my dialect did not come up on the new naira.

Perhaps we are going to make our grievances known

grin grin what's your opinion grin cheesy
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by buncasha(m): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2007
What is happening in NIG now is divinely made. People should start accepting the reality now. Who are the islamic that is refusing our latest innovation? Pls find ur place in the cave period.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by 4Play(m): 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2007
nazzyon:

Are you blaming[b] GOD[/b] for joining us together?

I was not aware of the "divine status" of our British colonial masters.We were not joined together by God.We were joined together by a group of whitemen who thought it was convenient for them that a country called Nigeria be formed.I wonder whether you will attribute the similar colonial process that brought into  existence the State of Isreal to God?

I know in Islam,muslims believe in the idea that everything that happens on earth is the work of God.It is however impossible to reconcile that with Muslim's easy resort to violence when they are provoked.

If Muslims are happy with a situation it is the work of God,if they are not,it is grave injustice which demands beheadings,church burning and suicide bombings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

FG Inaugurates Gold Refinery, Boosts Small-scale Mining / Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits / Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.