Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription (22721 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by LoverBwoy(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2007
zebra:

@Nuru
Please nigeria is not an islamic state. i wonder how arabic got into our naira notes sef?? arabic is not the official language in Nigeria, and i thank God for that. i know that you are talking in favour of you religion and not in favour of those hausas that cannot read english language.

He never said nigeria was a muslim state, he didnt say arabic was the official language

ZEBRA:you mean your religion dont talk about respect? even if it if doesnt, respect is part of your culture!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nigerian1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2007
embarassedWhat do these People want from Nigeria? Do dey want to instigate religion crises again bcuz of no arabic writing stuff on our Naira. Is it all Nigerians that can read or write Arabic. Adegbite and co. take or live.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by LoverBwoy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2007
Erm the issue to me appears to be more serious online than real life! i dont think most people arre talking about these 2 downtown lagos!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by diyobdw(f): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2007
This is new to me am in lagos too and have not heard about this issue been raised
but if it is true, i gues It is all simple arabic is not a nigerian language or one of the major languages! undecided
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Rhea(f): 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2007
Question
Has anyone ever wondered why the US dollar is accepted everywhere in the world including Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia even though it has the pictures of infidel pigs on it and no arabic inscription on it?

My Guess
Because the Americans don't give a  tongue what you and me and even Osama may think about it.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by diyobdw(f): 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2007
rhea nice one!

U making some sense
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by tukur2002n(m): 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2007
Am a muslim but am sick about dis complain about arabic inscription on the naira note pls dis is 9jeria not arabic country so the new note is ok and acceptable by all muslim .
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by ehie007(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2007
THE SULTAN OF SOKOTO IS TALKING LIKE AN ILLETRATE.
DOES HE THINK WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE EAST. THIS IS A FREE SECULAR COUNTRY. IF HE INSISTS ON THE ARABIC WRITING, THEN THE CHRISTIANS SHOULD PUT A BIBLE WRITING ON THE NAIRA NOTE SO ALSO THE TRADITIONALIST,BUDDIST AND SO ON,
IT MERE MEDIOCRACY, THE SULTAN IS STILL LIVING INTHE PAST.
SOME TIMES ALL THIS THINGS MAKES U QUESTION THIE RELIGION ISLAM THEY ALWAYS WANT EVERYTHING BY FORCE.
INSTEAD OF THE SULTAN TO BE CANVASSING FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NOETHERN REGION HE IS BUSY WASTING HIS TIME,ENERGY,RESOURCES,SENSES ON TRYING TO PUT BACK THE ARABIC WRITING IN THE NAIRA NOTE. AND SO MANY MUSLIMS WHO DONT KNOW THEIR RIGHT FROM THEIR LEFT WILL FOLLOW HIM AND WANT TO START A RELIGIOUS WAR BECAUSE OF ARABIC WRITING.
ARANT NONSENSE.

THANK GOD AM A CHRISTIAN.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by zebra(m): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2007
ehie007:

THE SULTAN OF SOKOTO IS TALKING LIKE AN ILLETRATE.
DOES HE THINK WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE EAST. THIS IS A FREE SECULAR COUNTRY. IF HE INSISTS ON THE ARABIC WRITING, THEN THE CHRISTIANS SHOULD PUT A BIBLE WRITING ON THE NAIRA NOTE SO ALSO THE TRADITIONALIST,BUDDIST AND SO ON,
IT MERE MEDIOCRACY, THE SULTAN IS STILL LIVING INTHE PAST.
SOME TIMES ALL THIS THINGS MAKES U QUESTION THIE RELIGION ISLAM THEY ALWAYS WANT EVERYTHING BY FORCE.
INSTEAD OF THE SULTAN TO BE CANVASSING FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NOETHERN REGION HE IS BUSY WASTING HIS TIME,ENERGY,RESOURCES,SENSES ON TRYING TO PUT BACK THE ARABIC WRITING IN THE NAIRA NOTE. AND SO MANY MUSLIMS WHO DONT KNOW THEIR RIGHT FROM THEIR LEFT WILL FOLLOW HIM AND WANT TO START A RELIGIOUS WAR BECAUSE OF ARABIC WRITING.
ARANT NONSENSE.

THANK GOD AM A CHRISTIAN.

Why attacking only the Sultan?? What about Adegbite?? you are a yorubaman i believe.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by diyobdw(f): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2007
zebra! shocked what that doesnt make ehie007 a yoruba no need to generalise shocked

@ehie007 hope seun dont get you typing the that much CAPs cheesy
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by ehie007(m): 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2007
Zebra am not a yoruba man
am a nigerian
from the hear beat of nigeria.
so cheers.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2007
diyobdw:

This is new to me am in lagos too and have not heard about this issue been raised
but if it is true, i gues It is all simple arabic is not a nigerian language or one of the major languages! undecided

maybe they have now accepted it afterall we only heard from the Sultan and the other clown that calls himself a professor.
I'm sure the average naija Muslim would spend the notes even it had pictures of exotic dancers wearing crucifixes on their bikini. grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by richo(m): 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2007
that would be dangerous! masturbation will become foreign exchange earnings cheesy
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by richo(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2007
that would be dangerous! masturbation will become foreign exchange earnings cheesy
hey wait, check behind the ten naira note,that first ladies boobs are almost showin grin grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by zebra(m): 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2007
ehie007:

Zebra am not a yoruba man
am a nigerian
from the hear beat of nigeria.
so cheers.

Correct man!! You're from the heart beat of Nigeria, Edo. Please do not blame only the Sultan; Adegbite who should be more enlightened, more tolerant and more educated than the Sultan himself should take the major blame.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2007
Sir Nuru, he that lives in glass houses does not throw stones!

ALL,

Its true that Nigeria is not a muslim state but the Ajami inscription on the Notes had not dettered anybody from spending the notes when they were introduced. Now that its been removed, the question still remains, what has anybody gained from its removal.

All the time the "ajami" was on the naira, what did we gain from it? What have you and your illiterate sultan lost by its removal?
If the Ajami is allowed on the naira then please do not complain when Hebrew, aramaic, greek and latin is inscribed on it!

The Nigerian state is a plural society; ethnicity, religiosity and culturally. We always should respect ourselves. From most postings on this thread, that respect which is vital to our successful co-existence is not displayed. If most go on in real life with the kind of attitudes articulated here, the country I am sorry may not progress. Even when we differ on issues, we should have the courtesy and decency of being polite in our contributions. I think everybody should go back to his/her previous posts and see if decency had been applied. We can start achieveing peace and progress through this forum.

Dear Nuru, if you think Nigeria as presenty constituted is "progressing" then we have a problem. We are one of the poorest nations on earth, more than 70% below he poverty line, zero infrastrcuture, leaders who are "proud" to declare that we are now generating 4000MW of power when South AFrica is generating over 25000MW of power!!!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by idim(m): 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2007
Ahh na wa 4 dis muslim buzu men ohh!! whats their problem with the new naira note.
Well anyone that does not like the new note should not rush for it.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2007
@needeeg
what planet are u from? with journalists like u, its no wonder that we are so misinformed.

u beta know now that arabic is alien to nigeria. the language language and its alphabets is not widely recognised in Nigeria as u would like to make us believe and if u claim arabic came to nigeria hundreds of years before the latin alphabet then surely it would have occured to u that there was no nigeria at that time!!

u claim that there are 175000 native arabic speakers in the world. well how in ur own opinion does that translate to being widely recognised in a world of over 4billion people? u also claim that half of nigerians are northerners. since when does half account for majority or indeed fair play.

the idea of having arabic inscriptions on the naira was unfair from the very inception and i have personally always questioned this and infact wondered just what the inscriptions meant. what about the illeterate people in other parts of the country? what provision was made for them all these years.

the problem is that the people from the north of nigeria believe they are superior. well sorry to disappoint u love, the party is over. deal with it!!!

nigeria is not an islamic state and never would it be. and like practically everyone else has said, please if u guys cannot handle it, u are welcome to break away. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2007
@mahmood
u ask y we are abusing muslims
u think we should learn how to talk. well i think ur advise is aimed at the wrong sect.
these muslims are the ones who incite murder all over the world. THEY are the ones who should learn how to talk.

@uyai
u have echoed what i have always thought.

@tianshie
i totally agree
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Christino(m): 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2007
Maybe the North needs to be checked.

If Someone offends the Arabs with Cartoons, Naija north will protest and kill

If the pope insults king Fadh, Naija north to the rescue

If US beats Saudi in the World Cup, Naija north relaunch the Almajrees

Now Arabic has been removed from our currency, Naija North to the unrest grin

Sometimes I wonder, are these guys Nigerians or Nigeriens? Luggard no try @ all o! shocked
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2007
@fadal
ur ignorance knows no bounds!

so having muslim leaders makes nigeria a muslim state?  cry i weep at the level of ur ignorance. please go back to bed!

@nazzyon
4 ur information God did not join us together ok where the hell did u get that??!! and in my honest opinion, we have no business being together. do u know how many people lost their lives in the senseless and selfish civil war caused by these same people? yes we have survived so far but i think we should be left alone to live in peace. or dont we have the right to? the north should be allowed to go their merry way. and before u ask, no i am not ibo. i am just an objective nigerian who has just about had enough of these overbearing set of morrons!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2007
@nuru
pride of the nation ehn? does the nation belong to the muslims? or do the christians not have the right to be proud? and by the way is it the christians who have removed the inscriptions or the govt?

@christino
u can say that again. grin
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by egoldman(m): 2:02am On Mar 13, 2007
ok around December last year i converted to Hindu and our official language in new religion is Hindi,so i demand that Hindi should be on the naira cos as a Nigerian i have stake there ,
also my junior brother last month converted to jewish religion ,and their official language there is Hebrew ,he also is asking that his religious language be written on the naira notes .
even my angry father who objected to his sons new faith is asking that as a roman catholic,Latin should be written on the naira notes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i hope that adegbute and the sultan would not object to our request in the spirit of one Nigeria angry angry angry
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by Christino(m): 2:11am On Mar 13, 2007
@ Egold

DOn't forget that at the time most of those currencies were drafted, the presidents were Northern muslims. That's the extent of their extreme dictatorship and power drunkeness!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by nuru(m): 7:42am On Mar 13, 2007
Why would the hatred some of you have for Islam drive you this much. If suggestions of breaking up were to come from a professed Muslim, I know what the likes of Davidylan would have written here. Cant you be just tolerant a bit. OK, the Muslims have not gone on any rampage since the new notes were introduced, yet you people write with so much hatred. And in any case, you will be the first to say when someone slaps your first cheek, turn the other. Why must a reasonable person abuse men that are old enough to be their grandfathers. It's not in our culture and I think forum patrons should mind their use of language.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by ehie007(m): 7:49am On Mar 13, 2007
some times i wonder how these northern muslims think. everthing is abt their religion.
wat i feel is that thier religion is a complex one.
the are complexed abt their religion. mostly thee hausa's they think with their feet. instead of their brain thats if they have one.

Muslims dont get me wrong O! the muslims in the south like the yoruba,edo may be igbo muslims are by far better than those in the north. they are more civilised and orderly.
i just wonder y those in the north are different may be lack of education.
But the northern christians are well behaved and do thing with their senses.

i wonder yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by ltunde: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2007
FOR ME I THINK IT IS A RUMOUS, AND IF IT IS TRUE DON'T LET THAT ONE COUSE ANY WAHALA . PLS DON'T MENTIONED MUSLIM AGAIN. NA HAUSA COUSE THAT ONE
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by scribe(m): 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2007
The two must be looking for cheap popularity. Of what benefit is the arabic inscription to the average muslim or northerner.
"I beg make dem go look for better work to do"
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by angel101(f): 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2007
nuru:

Why would the hatred some of you have for Islam drive you this much. If suggestions of breaking up were to come from a professed Muslim, I know what the likes of Davidylan would have written here. Cant you be just tolerant a bit. OK, the Muslims have not gone on any rampage since the new notes were introduced, yet you people write with so much hatred. And in any case, you will be the first to say when someone slaps your first cheek, turn the other. Why must a reasonable person abuse men that are old enough to be their grandfathers. It's not in our culture and I think forum patrons should mind their use of language.

@ nuru
y is it up to muslims or northerners to react or not react? cant u bear that someone else is reacting for a change? sorry to disappoint u but its not all about u bruv. anyway, i'll tell u y ur people are not reacting. its because they have suddenly realised that the tables have turned!! (and about time too)  shocked
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by segedoo(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2007
Na wa o!!
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by youngies(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2007
ltunde:

FOR ME I THINK IT IS A RUMOUS, AND IF IT IS TRUE DON'T LET THAT ONE COUSE ANY WAHALA . PLS DON'T MENTIONED MUSLIM AGAIN. NA HAUSA COUSE THAT ONE

Itunde, I will take it that you are just waking up from sleep, I suggest you go back to bed.
Re: Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription by youngies(m): 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2007
angel101:

@ nuru
y is it up to muslims or northerners to react or not react? can't u bear that someone else is reacting for a change? sorry to disappoint u but its not all about u bruv. anyway, i'll tell u y your people are not reacting. its because they have suddenly realised that the tables have turned!! (and about time too) shocked

Please let them react. Onitsha will be child's play!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

FG Inaugurates Gold Refinery, Boosts Small-scale Mining / Instagram beggar threatens to use juju on Hauwa Indimi / Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.