Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

I Don't Know What To Do. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Know What To Do. (2149 Views)

My Emotions Is Hurting Me And I Don't Know What To Do, I Need Advice Please Nl / My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day / I want to fvuck this girl but I don't know how much she'll request. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know What To Do. by LadyGazelle(f): 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hey everyone, I'm going to go straight to my story and I'll try to make it brief.

I've been dating this guy for sometime and early in the relationship he told me he had a new female bestie and I said okay. I told him that in most cases one of the besties ends up 'catching feelings' but he said theirs was different.

He's a student and the said girl is in his department, they're always together and all. He actually said that he's the only one she talks to in their department. Most times he's in her house and can stay there till as late as 10pm.

With time I began to complain, like this bestie knew more about my guy than i did. He told her things that he won't tell me, always hanging out with her and all that. They even end their calls with i love you.

When I asked him what we would do on valentines day, he said he was going to see a movie at the cinemas with his bestieshockedshocked

When I called his attention to it, that i felt his bestie was taking my place, that I felt they were getting too close and all that, he got angry. He said that he was disappointed in me, that if others accused him of dating her that he didn't expect it from me.

He said that the girl was like a sister and all that, and that it's agape love they have for each other. That I'm the only one he truly loves and all that. I had to beg and apologize for doubting him. He then said that he was never going to talk to me about her.

He tried to get me to meet her (before the argument) but I'm not really sure that I want to see her.
My question is was I wrong to tell him that I felt they're getting too close and that one of them might start developing feelings for each other?? Is it okay for a guy in a relationship to be that close to another girl? Cos as soon as i started dating him, I had to watch my relationships with other guys.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by voyy: 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
u ve lost the guy, just move on

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
If you don't trust each other how can it work.In my opinion there is nothing wrong having the opposite sex as a best friend while dating.She may know more about him than you do probably because they have been friends long before dating you.Learn to trust him and stop having those fears although they need to draw a line.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
No honey, you did no wrong! Don't be emotionally blackmailed. It is obvious those two are dating. I would have said your boyfriend might be unaware of this fact, Yes sometimes guys carelessly/unconsciously starts relationship they don't mean. But then his reaction when you confronted him shows he knows it too. A guy who is serious about you will never pick a fight with you because you express your fears. The cinema thing? come on! Even a dummy knows that isn't right.

Girl, you have been replaced! If you still want him, fight again . Tell him your mind the worst that would ever happen is break up, but then you wouldn't be living in pains. Stand your ground Woman!

11 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by JudgementHammer: 10:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
Both u and ur guy share d blame. The other girl has no blame at all. What was the aim and purpose of ur relatnshp before he met d girl. Na marriage or just campus yoriyori.

If youre desperate for ur guy, u either go d lion way of confronting the girl to stay away from ur boifriend, even if ur bf vex and everything scatter, you have fought the good fight of faith.

Or you go the serpentine way of tracing them till u meet them in an uncompromising position, then you'll unboderedly walk up to them and let them know u saw them then you evaporate out of his life with dignity and respect.

But there's a third way which is to just ignore them for peace sake at this early stage before exam time, else your Fs go line up for result.

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2018
I've been through something like this, in my case I had to break up with him, I didn't care if they were dating or not, I wanted my peace of mind. I got tired of wondering what they could be doing behind my back. if you love him that much, then you have to bring your A game and fight for your relationship.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by kennysam91: 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
I won't lie to you they were dating samethin with me to, even I'm slpin with her and I'm still telling my girl dat we are not dating dat we are frd.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
JudgementHammer:
Both u and ur guy share all d blame. The other girl has no blame at all. What was the aim and purpose of ur relatnshp(both of you) before he met d girl. Was it to lead to marriage? If not you're just being possessive for only God knows what.

However jealousy is a normal psychic response even in an undefined relatnshp. If youre desperate for ur guy, u either go d lion way of confronting the other girl to stay away from ur boifriend, even if ur bf vex and everything scatter, you have fought the necessary fight of faith.

Or you go the serpentine way of tracing them till u meet them in an uncompromising position, then you'll unboderedly walk to them and let them know u saw them then you evaporate out of his life with dignity and respect. You can as well snap or video them and show him to hear what he has to say first then split.
At emboldened? Why does she have to confront the lady? A cat fight? so she would bag the 'fight over a guy' label? Is the guy a kid to be fought for? Moreover you acknowledged the fact that the other lady has fault so I see no reason why she should be confronted. It is between LadyG and her boyfriend.

The lady doesn't have to go through all those stress to prove something she already knows, this isn't some criminal case is it? . A clear talk between the partners will do.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by JudgementHammer: 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2018
RuthDaniels:
At emboldened? Why does she have to confront the lady? A cat fight? so she would bag the 'fight over a guy' label? Is the guy a kid to be fought for? Moreover you acknowledged the fact that the other lady has fault so I see no reason why she should be confronted. It is between LadyG and her boyfriend.

The lady doesn't have to go through all those stress to prove something she already knows, this isn't some criminal case is it? . A clear talk between the partners will do.
If d op is not desperate to have him back she wont come and ask for advice online. I gave a measure of desperation with other tips. She knows which one befits her d most. Its left for her to choose the advice that's best for her.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by maclawrence02(m): 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If you don't trust each other how can it work.In my opinion there is nothing wrong having the opposite sex as a best friend while dating.She may know more about him than you do probably because they have been friends long before dating you.Learn to trust him and stop having those fears although they need to draw a line.
it seems you did not understand the op this has nothing to do with trust just imagine your boyfriend taking another girl out on a valentine's day and you feel it's kul, I'm not surprised cos from the way you are talking you will leave your boyfriend and go out with another guy on a valentine's day and feel it alright.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
It's better u walk away now that you are not hurt much.
Your bf taking a "bestie" to cinema on valentine, what will happen to you then??
He may jst walk up to u one and say it can't work btw us anymore. Better end d relatnshp if he is nt ready to amend.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by LadyGazelle(f): 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No honey, you did no wrong! Don't be emotionally blackmailed. It is obvious those two are dating. I would have said your boyfriend might be unaware of this fact, Yes sometimes guys carelessly/unconsciously starts relationship they don't mean. But then his reaction when you confronted him shows he knows it too. A guy who is serious about you will never pick a fight with you because you express your fears. The cinema thing? come on! Even a dummy knows that isn't right.

Girl, you have been replaced! If you still want him, fight again . Tell him your mind the worst that would ever happen is to break up, but then you wouldn't be living in pains. Stand your ground Woman!

There's no way to fight, he told me that he won't stop talking to the girl. That I should be greatful he's telling me about her. That if i keep insisting, he'll keep talking to her without telling me
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
maclawrence02:
it seems you did not understand the op this has nothing to do with trust just imagine your boyfriend taking another girl out on a valentine's day and you feel it's kul, I'm not surprised cos from the way you are talking you will leave your boyfriend and go out with another guy on a valentine's day and feel it alright.
Yes o nothing wrong there.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by LadyGazelle(f): 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
JudgementHammer:
Both u and ur guy share d blame. The other girl has no blame at all. What was the aim and purpose of ur relatnshp before he met d girl. Na marriage or just campus yoriyori.

If youre desperate for ur guy, u either go d lion way of confronting the girl to stay away from ur boifriend, even if ur bf vex and everything scatter, you have fought the good fight of faith.

Or you go the serpentine way of tracing them till u meet them in an uncompromising position, then you'll unboderedly walk to them and let them know u saw them then you evaporate out of his life with dignity and respect.

But there's a third way which is to just ignore them for peace sake at this early stage before exam time, else your Fs go line up for result.

I can't fight the girl cos i don't think any guy is worth fighting for, plus engaging in a fist fight cos of a guy is a big no. And I don't have power to fighttongue

We don't go to the same school, and even if we did i won't waste my time trailing them.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by JudgementHammer: 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
LadyGazelle:

I can't fight the girl cos i don't think any guy is worth fighting for, plus engaging in a fist fight cos of a guy is a big no. And I don't have power to fighttongue

We don't go to the same school, and even if we did i won't waste my time trailing them.
Its alright. The topic says you don't know what to do. I gave you lists of what to do o. You can choose or ignore them. Its a free world.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by ultimate77(m): 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
My friend! Will you just run out of this room? You just saying trash.. Dint you read where she said [color=#000099]"SHE ASKED HIM WHAT THEY WOULD DO ON VAL. HE SAID HE'LL BE GOING TO SEE A MOVIE WHAT HIS BEST."that's
Arrant nonsense and unacceptable, what insolence! What rubbish besty is that?
Is he in his right senses at all? A female besty taking the place of your bf and you are spewing trash... Are u too actually OK?

My dear, if u can't gather guts to tell the guy he should date that his besty jus gather it and tell him then walk away.
Believe me, he might be screwing that besty or whatever u called her. Imagine your mum buying a total stranger school uniform instead of you. That's very bad. In short, pm me let me give u more things to do. [/color]
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
LadyGazelle:

There's no way to fight, he told me that he won't stop talking to the girl. That I should be greatful he's telling me about her. That if i keep insisting, he'll keep talking to her without telling me
[b]Sigh... I think you have a lot to loose in the relationship more than your boyfriend. You probably love him more than he does. Dude knows this and he is taking advantage of that. Are you in a military relationship? Is he an authoritarian? why are you so timid?

When I typed fight , I don't mean attack him or the girl. I meant have a lengthy and possibly heated conversation with your boyfriend. Tell him you can't take it anymore, make him see reasons with you. Stand for your right as a girlfriend. That's if you want to be with him and be treated like a girlfriend.

But if you want to remain with him, and be "greatful" to him for treating you like a kid, honey worship him! kiss his fingers for picking another lady over you. Let him take her to the cinema while you roll up in a blanket. afterall you are being "greatful" cheesy

Lady, the choice is yours. The truth remains no lady deserves to be treated the way you are being treated in a relationship!
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:51pm On Feb 05, 2018
ultimate77:

My friend! Will you just run out of this room? You just saying trash.. Dint you read where she said [color=#000099]"SHE ASKED HIM WHAT THEY WOULD DO ON VAL. HE SAID HE'LL BE GOING TO SEE A MOVIE WHAT HIS BEST."that's
Arrant nonsense and unacceptable, what insolence! What rubbish besty is that?
Is he in his right senses at all? A female besty taking the place of your bf and you are spewing trash... Are u too actually OK?

My dear, if u can't gather guts to tell the guy he should date that his besty jus gather it and tell him then walk away.
Believe me, he might be screwing that besty or whatever u called her. Imagine your mum buying a total stranger school uniform instead of you. That's very bad. In short, pm me let me give u more things to do. [/color]
I wrote my opinion so don't try insult me.If you must address address in a polite way and not insult yourself oya come and push me out mtcheww.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
No guy would spend more time with a bestie than his GF, there's a mutual feelings btw them and that's why they understand eachoda so well to the extent of spending more time with eachoda.

Both of them are thinking of taking the frndship to next level but non of them wants to be the 1st person to talk abt it and that's why d guy is putting u as a reserve just incase he summon d courage 1 day and he gets no as ansa frm his bestie.

Jst forget d guy for a while and try give him attitude then see his reaction during dat period.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by EOOJ(m): 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
RuthDaniels:

Girl, you have been replaced! If you still want him, fight again . Tell him your mind the worst that would ever happen is break up, but then you wouldn't be living in pains. Stand your ground Woman!

Nice....

Still thinkin of wat to giv u for saying a part of my mind... Hmmm... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by ultimate77(m): 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I wrote my opinion so don't try insult me.If you must address address in a polite way and not insult yourself oya come and push me out mtcheww.

Useless opinion to a pained lady.
... Uhrrr... I don't have to push you. You actually was political with your opinion. Are u sure u ain't even the besty.. See, stop am O. If that girl vex more than this I go vex for u
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by EOOJ(m): 12:00am On Feb 06, 2018
LadyGazelle:

Dats bkos u'v not met me yet grin grin grin grin

For me, u will not only fight o!!! You will becom conan d destroyer cool
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:01am On Feb 06, 2018
ultimate77:

Useless opinion to a pained lady.
... Uhrrr... I don't have to push you. You actually was political with your opinion. Are u sure u ain't even the besty.. See, stop am O. If that girl vex more than this I go vex for u
Whatever now mind your business useless opinion indeed.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by ultimate77(m): 12:01am On Feb 06, 2018
RuthDaniels:

You have plenty of sense. Please lend to Some girls � on this platform. All they K ow is to slay their lives. Tishiaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by ultimate77(m): 12:02am On Feb 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Whatever now mind your business useless opinion indeed.
Just stop making someone vex.
That haba Na!
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:04am On Feb 06, 2018
ultimate77:
Just stop making someone vex. That haba Na!
Who wants to vex should vex.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by ultimate77(m): 12:07am On Feb 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Who wants to vex should vex.
well, your bf will soon have a besty.. And she will replace u. That's if you have one O.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:08am On Feb 06, 2018
ultimate77:

well, your bf will soon have a besty.. And she will replace u. That's if you have one O.
Better for me.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by ultimate77(m): 12:09am On Feb 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Better for me.

Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:11am On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=ultimate77 post=64823249][/quote]And what is the meaning of that?
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by Originalsly: 12:38am On Feb 06, 2018
LadyGazelle:

I've been dating this guy for sometime and early in the relationship he told me he had a new female bestie and I said okay.

a new female bestie.....and alarm bells didn't go off in your head? ....the writing been on the wall since then....is still on the wall....you are the side chick....the quicker you realize that the better for you.
Re: I Don't Know What To Do. by ceezermills: 1:39am On Feb 06, 2018
LadyGazelle:
Hey everyone, I'm going to go straight to my story and I'll try to make it brief.

I've been dating this guy for sometime and early in the relationship he told me he had a new female bestie and I said okay. I told him that in most cases one of the besties ends up 'catching feelings' but he said theirs was different.

He's a student and the said girl is in his department, they're always together and all. He actually said that he's the only one she talks to in their department. Most times he's in her house and can stay there till as late as 10pm.

With time I began to complain, like this bestie knew more about my guy than i did. He told her things that he won't tell me, always hanging out with her and all that. They even end their calls with i love you.

When I asked him what we would do on valentines day, he said he was going to see a movie at the cinemas with his bestieshockedshocked

When I called his attention to it, that i felt his bestie was taking my place, that I felt they were getting too close and all that, he got angry. He said that he was disappointed in me, that if others accused him of dating her that he didn't expect it from me.

He said that the girl was like a sister and all that, and that it's agape love they have for each other. That I'm the only one he truly loves and all that. I had to beg and apologize for doubting him. He then said that he was never going to talk to me about her.

He tried to get me to meet her (before the argument) but I'm not really sure that I want to see her.
My question is was I wrong to tell him that I felt they're getting too close and that one of them might start developing feelings for each other?? Is it okay for a guy in a relationship to be that close to another girl? Cos as soon as i started dating him, I had to watch my relationships with other guys.
a guy that doesn’t respect your feelings, is that one a boyfriend? Pls ditch the guy and move on. He doesn’t deserve you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding Night / My Sister's Pre Wedding Pics / What Could Be The Reason?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.